blood on the plow
[html]

566wc.

The Shattered coast was miles from her home within the borders of Inferni, far out of her way and around a stretch of Dahlian land. As the Lupus female left Halifax, she started to wonder why she had even decided to go that far. She had everything she needed in the home of the coyotes, from family to food to lovers. If she really needed to make an excursion so far from the border, she could have convinced others to come with her. But she hadn't. She had simply left, on her own, with no reason. Not uncommon with the de le Poer; her brain was a mess most days, most hours. She hadn't been truly sober since her encounter with Cotl van Ulrich. What a disgusting memory.

Perhaps that was the reason. The reason she had ventured so far off, so far away, by herself. To be alone. To think. She had brought the prize of the Optime skull with her, dragging behind her in a crude fabric sledge; that would keep her hands busy. She'd scavenged up some paints, and she was ready to decorate. Ready to make her mark on the walls of Inferni.

Her paws spread, lengthening into slim fingers as her body shifted into a more vertical stand. It was distracting as she focused on the change, urging her shorter legs to lengthen into much longer thighs, gaining a new joint with a crackling crunch. It wasn't painful; if she had been on the outside, looking in, she would have said it was beautiful. She always enjoyed watching others, viewing them as they morphed between one form and another. She could stare for hours; luckily, it only took eight minutes before she was standing straight, weight shifted to her feet, combing her long locks out into smoother chestnut waves.

Delicate fingers tugged away the knot that had held the heavier skull to her back. The beautiful treasure, found in the Dalhousie dormitories. She was proud of her find, so proud of the almost perfect Optime skull, larger than her own. The skull of one of the vile beasts that populated the rest of the earth. The wolves.

As she unwrapped it, her tanned fingers graced the surface with soft caresses. The bone was smooth, not bleached but not covered in the waste that often clung to recent bones. It was old. Unsurprising. The Lykoi smiled, a subtle grin directed to the skull itself. "You were a pathetic waste, weren't you. Just like the others." Of course, she left her own blood out of it. Gabriel de le Poer was far from a waste, but she knew there was more to him than simple coyote genes. He was too large. Despite his sanctified place in her heart, it made her stomach churn to know she was not what she wished to be. She was tainted. Impure. Vile, filthy, disgusting. So many words summed up the abomination that was her blood. And yet, she was adored within her home. She tainted the land there, but others found no issue.

Perhaps they were growing weak.

Hands steadying, she raised a crude paintbrush, made just for the occassion. It was time to decorate, to show outsiders that there were simply borders not to be crossed. The first mark was in red. A brilliant circle with eight pointed lines pulling from the center.

The Chaos Star.

mall-caps;">Table coding by Sie!

<style>
.tali-o12 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.tali-o12 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.tali-o12 b {color:#211903; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.tali-o12 {background-color:#BA9E4F; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010d ... table3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#443711; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:250px 0px 10px 0px; }
.tali-o12-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
span.copyrightedtali a {font-size:10px;font-family:Georgia;color:black;text-decoration:none;}
</style>
[/html]
The Spaniard's eyes were focused on the female. She was a Lykoi, he could tell from the star, but there were other things too. He let out a small cough to assert his persons and said with a kind face, 'I'm sorry to interupt, but I see you a Lykoi...', he paused he didn't really have anything to say,'I'm J'adore Austral'. He dropped his bag beside him and walked over. He eyed the skull as he had eyed the Lykoi a few seconds before, he frowned before saying something that would make him sound like one of them,'What a waste... Probably killed by stupidity, eh?' He was beside her now, but a few sized feet away too, as not to alarm her. He didn't usually wander this far up from AniWaya, sometimes he wandered if he'd chosen the right pack, he wasn't very spiritual, or was even able to stay put. He was a mover, a walker, maybe he would have been better as a loner. 'Where'd ya find it?' he asked tilting his head. It was a pretty skull, probably for the Inferni borders, he had never really met an Inferner, only heard of them and he was intrested in learning about them. He highly doubted they were that bad.
[html]3+

Onward her hand went, moving from color to color with ease; from the Lykoi symbol came her own, a stylized scarification that was above her breastbone was put onto the bone in a faint orange hue, followed by a sea of mottled green and blue. Art was her passion, at least for the landscapes about her, and with was with delicate strokes that she placed the visage of the Shattered Coast upon the back of the cranium. Perhaps hers would not be so ugly as the rest, but it still served its purpose. It was still a beautiful warning, a beautiful warning served to the horrors outside of her home.

A stranger's voice caused her to twitch, her brush marring the form of a vaguely shaped gull. She stopped the artwork, staring at what appeared to be a now ruined masterpiece to listen to the words of the offender. "I see you're a Lykoi..." Her crimson eyes snapped to his russet body. It was clear what he was. Lupus. Wolf. Filthy. He approached, and her body stiffened, fingers gripping what they held in a vice that was tighter than it truly needed to be. The male stopped short, giving her space, and it calmed her somewhat but didn't ease the anxiety that was forming.

J'adore Austral. He introduced himself so easily, but the Lykoi scrambled for a name for herself; he was a stranger, and how did she know he wasn't from Dahlia de Mai? Without thinking, she spit out what first came to her head: "Gabriel." Her father. She had used her father as an alias; from a distance, perhaps there would be confusion, but anyone who had met the de le Poer Aquila would clearly know that he was not a woman and that she was clearly not him. Still, it served her purpose to be Gabriel de le Poer for the time being.

"What a waste. Probably killed by stupidity, eh?" She scoffed at the thought; of course it had died from stupidity, it had been a wolf. Her prejudice was kept tucked inside of her chest for the moment, lest it cause a rift between herself and this larger male. Where her father couldn't find her. Where she was unprotected. His next question was easier to answer: "Halifax." She knew that much from various signs, able to read enough to understand what 'Halifax' looked like. She didn't turn her gaze back to the skull, preferring to watch and make sure this wasn't a threat.

Filthy wolves.

[/html]
She wasn't the Gabriel he heard about, he was male. Maybe she was named for him, a relation perhaps? Whichever way he didn't pursue the answer. His ears flicked when she mentioned Halifax, 'Ah, good oad of junk down there. Find anything there...' She seemed uneasy, he flicked his eyes away to make sure he wasn't being percieved as dangerous. 'I don't mean any harm' he chimed, surving the skull, 'I understand Inferner's are partial to culling wolves, but I assure you I don't mean to cause a fight... I have no problem with Inferni or coyotes...' He had no idea if he was helping himself, but the female didn't seem to be jumping for his throat. Which was a good sign. She paints? He raised his eyebrows, his white eyes flicking from skull to skyline. 'Sorry to ruin the little bit... I can make a greyish white cover paint to fix it, if you like...' His words were slow, yet easy and showing no signs of hard feelings. He was hoping the female would calm down and see he was no threat. He wanted to know if Inferners were that bad, but even so, one's actions would not slur the reputation of a pack. 'I'm not from Daliha, by the way...' he added, no that would be very bad... 'I'm from AniWaya, we are a peaceful pack'. He smiled half heartedly and kicked up the smallest cloud of dirt.
[html]3+

He rambled on about how Halifax was a good place to find things, that he didn't mean her any harm. The de le Poer didn't believe him, but her body pretended to calm; there was no reason to cause him anxiety that might lead to her demise. He knew about the Inferni habit against wolves, but didn't have a problem with it. Internally, she wondered if he was sick in the head.

She finally turned her Massacre eyes back to the well-formed skull and dipped her brush in more of the sandy grey, gingerly fixing her gull as he offered to make cover paint. She shook her head, unwilling to take help from the stranger. He hadn't proved worth yet.

He wasn't from Dahlia de Mai, from Aniwaya instead. A subtle and amused smirk passed over her lips as she started in on the foam cresting atop waves. Aniwaya was, first and foremost, a pack that Inferni did not mind. Secondly, it was a pack of what she considered lunatics, ones who took the earth as brethren and guides from spirits that manifested as animals. Animals were for eating, not for forming bonds, though she knew members of her own home had their little pets. Hypocrisy on the part of the striking woman, who could see no true faults within her family.

"AniWaya, yes. I know of AniWaya." Though she felt vague distaste, she was smarter than to berate them. AniWaya had never caused her harm, and had never been an enemy, she certainly wasn't going to be the cause of poor pack relations. Silence fell over her for only a brief moment before she piped up with a question of her own: "What brings you so far away from it." True that she was far from Inferni itself, but AniWaya was twice the distance from where she sat. What sense was there to move so far, when AniWaya was possibly closer to other beautiful shores. Dahlia de Mai was, after all.

[/html]
'Nothing really, I walk a lot. I'm not really the person to hang around in the middle of the pack, more backstage...' J'adore explained. 'No doubt you've come to paint... For the borders I don't suppose' he added. He had seen the borders when he traveled to AniWaya in the first place. They were adorned with skulls. He hadn't visioned it as gruesome, but more artistic and pretty. 'I've heard people call the borders sickening... But if it's pack culture, why shun it? It's a free world for people to do almost whatever they like'. ANother one of his muses, he wouldn't shun anybodies culture, even if he disagreed. As he had voiced it was a free world. He sighed, 'I don't think joining AniWaya was a good idea though, there all spiritual.. and I'm not. Fullstop. I'm open to ideas but... I don't buy religion, personally'. He was open-minded, but he still had opinions. His guide was generally not abundant. She came and went and most days she was gone. She could be gone for a few days, coming back with a cheap 'Hi' and roosting between the sofa pillows. He twisted his earring, it had healed over well and he was now able to fiddle with it from time to time.
[html]3+

He walked alot, rather than spending time with his pack. A mistake. There was no bigger mistake than to shun ones pack, staying behind the curtain, away from the spotlight. They weren't to be trusted, unless they proved themselves otherwise. Like her uncle; Hybrid was Inferni through and through, but she didn't spend time with him.

She glanced toward him as he went on to talk about the borders. Yes, her trophy was to be placed alongside the others. He was right. And as he continued, she found he was intriguing. Without distaste of the borders that surrounded her beloved coyote kingdom. In fact, he accepted the custom. She quirked an eyebrow, hand pausing mid-stroke to study the tan male.

And then truth came out that made her question him once again. He didn't enjoy AniWaya, their spirituality. He didn't have religion. She grimaced, a disgusted by the admonition. The Lykoi woman had her own beliefs, and while they were far from her father's, they were steadfast. "Why did you join them if you do not share their ideals. What a waste of their time." Her face turned away, placing a tree atop a wasteland hill, with no leaves to decorate it.

Perhaps he shouldn't be held for his lack of belief; he was, after all, a wolf and wolves were a helpless monstrosity. He couldn't help that he was such a vile thing. And what if it wasn't his fault? Perhaps wolves couldn't comprehend the same religious structures that she could, that her people could. Impossible. After all, the AniWayans had their own beliefs.

In silence, she turned from her skull, searching his posture for hints of his purpose. She could find none. "I suppose you have somewhere else you'd like to be, if not in AniWaya." Curiosity seeped into her mind, wondering just what passed through the thoughts of this male.

[/html]
He answered both her questions at once, 'I stay for my friends, soppy I know but... wouldn't it was horrible to be totally alone?' He frowned again, 'I don't really understand why you guys hate wolves. Again though I don't shun it, I welcome the opinion'. He shrugged. Humans had been racist aeons ago. But that was because of their skin colours and beliefs, canine were a little more accepting of each other. But when Inferni were involved it was a different matter. He was trying to win over this woman, so he could say 'I am aquaited with an Inferner and didn't get injured in the process'. She was a good painter, skillfull and patient. J'adore sat himself on the rock and took out his sketchbook and pencil. He sketched out the scene, but first he drew a life like skull, he then made a similar design to what 'Gabriel' had done. But his was grey and the trees had leaves and it seem alive! 'I can't paint much, drawings more my thing' he said, still scribbling away, 'I find it hard to control the run of the paints, pencils don't go anywhere. But I admire people who can'. He was hoping to entice her into conversation with compliments and common grounds. He wasn't sure if it was working, but she didn't seem very angered at his presence.
[html]3+

His question went ignored by the woman as she listened to his words. She had been alone, many times, and could not say if it was horrible or not. Sometimes loneliness was a comforting thing. She found it to be that way when she was alone in the Wastes. His words turned to the wolves, not understand why they hated them. She sneered, a topic that she could give answers to but wouldn't.

He sat down, pulling out some sort of book and something to draw with. She raised an eyebrow, curious as to what they were exactly. Paper was scarce, as were any formal writing utensils; "What are those." Her skull was forgotten as she stood, hesitantly, and neared him. Not too close, but close enough to watch his hands. His sketch was good, though she preferred her colorful landscapes over the gray-scale.

He admired painters, as he himself was unable to work the tinctures easily. Her crimson eyes darted from his face to the sketchbook, and back again. Perhaps there were redeeming qualities in the stranger, perhaps he was not such a horrible wolf. But they were all monsters, every one. Even her beloved father, king, God. Monsters. How could this one be different?

Silent, she tucked her hair behind her ear, drawing closer without concern. He had not been violent yet, and she was certain he would not be by that point; her comfort rose and she did not mind the vicinity of him, though she still would not trust him entirely. "You draw well. Perhaps you could learn to paint." Words of encouragement, for a fellow artist. Words that would never have come had he been aggressive. He was a stranger, but he was not a volatile one. She even smiled, a subtle gesture that proved she could be amiable, if even for a brief moment.

[/html]
He looked up for a secondbefre flicking his eyes back down to his work,'Pencils'. He spoke lightly and with a soft smile. I suppose I could, I understand how to make paint, so I could practice at home'. His drawing was simple, but well shadowed and proportioned.It was a greyscale drawing, if he had his coloured pencils he could make it brighter and show how well he could match tones and blend them. But at it stood J'adore's drawing supply, the one he had on hand, only consisted of a penknife for sharpening, an eraser and a few varying pencils. He had his sketch book too and as he added the last shadows, he put his pencils away and turned the page. This was his showing of time, but he was carefull to hide it and be modest. 'I drew this a few days ago, my... he stumbled, not knowing what title to give his love, 'My, half-mate Valinta'. She was leant against a tree, smiling up, as when it had been drawn, J'adore was on a brach above her. He wasn't sure if she would question the 'half' part or if she would let it slip, either way... He turned over a page depiciting three pasturing horses, all stallions. 'My horses' he expained softly. He loved his horses, but they had grown wilder, yet they were still ridable. Apart from the chestnut yearling.
[html]

3+

Pencils. Not a particularly foreign concept to the woman, and not one that she was interested in. It was the book that really got her. Books were scarce, pages mouldy and torn if present at all. It wasn't as if she could read much past the name 'Halifax', so it didn't truly matter, but a book that was made purely to keep drawings and paintings in was a wonderful idea. Her journal served the purpose of doodles, but those pages were not large enough for full-sized pieces of work. She tucked the concept into the back of her mind, ready to undertake the project when she returned to Inferni.

J'adore flipped to a different page, showing her the visage of another wolf -- "My half-mate, Valinta." -- before changing the page yet again. She snorted hot air out of her nose. 'Half-mate' was something she never heard, though she was not familiar with the word 'mate' either. In Inferni, there hadn't been mates. At least none that she could discern since her father and mother.

The next image was of horses. That was a topic she was comfortable with. Other animals. Inferni had several other creatures, from Donder and Blitzen to Maschine and Marlowe. Though she had none of her own, she had been around them enough to understand the allure. Something that depended on her would be a worthwhile investment.

Taking her fill of the sight of the horses, she turned her thoughts back to his half-mate, rubbing at the corner of her eye with a delicate finger. "Mateship is a foolish way to inhibit your life, but do tell me about this 'half-mate' thought you took up." She sat on the cold ground of the coast as she waited for the explanation, wondering just what made a 'half-mate'.

<style>
.talithaop .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.talithaop p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.talithaop b {color:#adadad; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.talithaop {background-color:#C3C8D3; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/27zazra.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.talithaop-border {width:404px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.talithaop .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]
J'adore sighed, 'Yes, maybe... Valinta is from a different pack, so it's complicated... But I love her. She may move to my pack and we can beome propar mares, but for the time being...only half. She's from Cercatori D'Arte, a dancer' he gave a smile and closed his book. He set it aside hopeing his next comment would not unsettle her. 'Your not Gabriel. I haven't me him, but he's a guy right?' he frowned at the ground. Maybe she was named after him... 'Or are you named for him? I don'tmean to be intrusive. I just wondered'. He assumed he was at a fairly safe level with the Inferni female. She didn't seem agressive towards him, which was a good sign. He just hoped this question wouldn't bring out the worst in her, after all he was enjoing her company, even if it was tense and short spoken. J'adore tilted his head towards the skull and mused, 'I think they should paint the skulls, not like pretty pictures, maybe showing what happened to the owner of the skull. Or dipicting who claimed the skull?' J'adore had probably just handed Inferni another idea to make their borders even more gruesome. J'adore didn't care. The phrase, each to his own, floated along in his mind and passed soon enough. He didn't see Inferni as bad, just a pack with different ideas. An odd question came into mind as the silence floated, Do you know what started the Dahlian wars?' he himself was clueless and hoped the female would tell him.
[html]

3+

Her fingers started again with delicate strokes that began to form a monsterous shape. A wolfdog with fur dark like her own. The Aquila, beautiful in body and mind, was scrawled across the yellowed bone in rich russet brown paint. J'adore answered her question promptly, though not to her satisfaction. It was still a vague concept. A lover from another pack was not, but to be willing to throw away family simply for that person? Incomprehensible. She knew that she herself would refuse such a thing, and she hoped her family felt the same. Allegiance to her family was first and foremost.

"Why don't you go to her pack, then," she suggested, in response to his words about this Valinta moving to AniWaya. It seemed most pleasing. He didn't enjoy AniWaya as it was, and she highly doubted that his friends would shun him for such a thing.

But her idea was lost to her as he confronted her about who she truly was. "You're not Gabriel." Tension drew her lips taught in a line, turning her head back to her art. "Gabriel de le Poer is my father." That was all he could get, not her true name. It was better than her entire lie about being Gabriel in the flesh. She was simply weary to alert others to this fact; Haku Soul had known, and Haku Soul had used it against them in her kidnapping.

She was relieved when he moved on to talk about the artwork once more. He felt they should be painted more symbolically, but she knew it was symbolism she placed. Using her claws so as not to ruin the paint, she pointed at the Chaos Star, a red flower in the meadow of her mind. "I did mark it with who claimed it. I claimed it," she murmured, her finger moving to tap the skull near the depiction of the great dogwolf. "For my father's land. It makes sense to me." A subtle smile crossed her lips as she reveled in her imagery. The ocean was simply a representation of her past, though it was not the same ocean of her memories.

"Do you know what started the Dahlian wars?"

Her jaw tensed, fingers gripping her paintbrush until it almost strained beneath the pressure. "...wolves are a monstrosity. But you would have to ask my father. Or the now reigning leader of Dahlia de Mai." She didn't keep close track of the hierarchy within the large pack of lupus fools. It was unnecessary. She simply assumed it was a child of Haku, a Soul, who ran the lands.

<style>
.talithaop b {color:#3d3d3d; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.talithaop {background-color:#C3C8D3; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/27zazra.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.talithaop .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]
'I might we haven't decided...' he smiled. She told him Gabriel was her father. He nodded and let it lie. The rest of what she said was kept unanswered. He raised his eyes to her and smiled, 'I was told Inferni were cruel and horrible, congrats you've just proved them wrong'. It was an odd statment. She had been, for the majority, a nice companion. The liar who had discraced Inferni, was probably a Dahlian, he didn't stop and ask. 'You paint well, by the way' he mused as he opened a book, he had produced from his bag. Fireflies, was his most treasured book. It was a story about a wolf, Firefly. A striking red wolf, who makes his living in the soviet lands, underminding humans and fighting off bears. He had owned this book since he was born, of course it was the book he'd learnt to read from. He had written sequals to it and draw ilustrations to it. Maybe one day he would have a striking red pup with Valinta and name it Firefly. A stroked the spine tenderly, the book itself was a rich crimson colour, the embossing shining a bright gold colour even in the dark sky. 'This is my favourite book' he sighed opening it and caressing a page.
3+
[html]

She still didn't understand the prospect of mates, the allure of being tied to one person. From her position, it was a dangerous situation. Enemies could harm someone without touching them, all through the desecration of their loved ones. She had seen that first hand during the Dahlian wars; while she didn't like to believe it, she felt Gabriel still hurt from the pain caused to his family during that time. The thought brought tears to her crimson eyes, but she blinked them away as soon as they approached. She wouldn't be weak in front of this stranger.

What he said was not uncommon to what she knew. Inferni was perceived as volatile and violent, but that was not always a bad thing to give to the world. It kept others at bay, but 'caused problems when it came to interaction outside of the extended family. She laughed bitterly. Had she really proved the statement false? "Don't underestimate my cruelty. You are already less than me for simply being a wolf; add to your stature that you are not from Inferni and far from being a Lykoi and you are nothing in my world." It was a true statement. She refused to acknowledge outsiders as family, and though they could be allies, she did not consider them friends.

She stayed quiet as he complimented her painting skills, glancing to him as he pulled a book from his bag. A real book. With real pages, with real words that she couldn't understand. A red book. His favourite book. She snorted. "I don't read." She wouldn't admit that she couldn't, but simply that she didn't enjoy it. True, she wrote, but not letters. She used symbols unknown by others, save herself, to keep track of her days in the world.

[/html]
J'adore shrugged,'I'm not, I'm just saying at least your not pouncing at my throat'. He didn't in the least understimate her, he knew she was fully capable of killing him. But he admired that fact she was reserved enough to refraim from mauling him. 'Cool' he muttered simply as she scoffed at his book. He packed his bag and turned to the Lykoi. 'So, since I hope you don't see me as a threat, what is your actual title?' he streached his legs out and spoke again. J'adore was hoping she would see him as an allie, something useful, anything but an enemy. 'You like vodka?' he said, feeling parched and starting to look for a certain purple glass bottle. He found it after a few seconds and and set it aside. He really should have been setting off then, but this woman was enticing him, she was more complex than a rubicks cube to a horse. Of course she didn't faze J'adore. If a fight was to arise, J'adore could fend her off easily, but he didn't want a fight today, he was still recovering from Alaki's attack and he was just an Anatheman, god knows what a Inferner could do. He had better things to do than fight, like talk.
[html]

3+

He shrugged, catching her crimson eyes again before she turned to put the final touches to her skull. His words continued to come, her ears open to hear without her eyes to watch him. She heard as he moved around, putting things away before speaking once more. What is your actual title? Her real name. Her lips pursed, fingers tensing briefly before she allowed herself to relax.

"Talitha Lykoi."

She didn't share her father's de le Poer name, a fact she resented but covered up with the pride of bearing her grandmother's equally prominent surname. Ezekiel was named with the de le Poer tag. She seethed with envy underneath of the love and adoration she held for the males of her nuclear family.

Her ears twitched at the word 'vodka', eyes slipping from her work to the face of the wolf beside her. "No...I don't drink." The words were spoken slow and quietly. It was a blatant lie. She drank frequently. But it was too far from home to get drunk with a stranger, too close to Dahlia de Mai. The circumstances were a poor choice for such an act.

A sigh escaped her and she turned her ruby eyes out over the rolling waves of the ocean, studying their ebb and flow against the shore that sat before them. Her mind clouded with thoughts of her father and years past, drawn in by the topic of the war that she had suffered through. Her eyes closed.

"Haku Soul was a violent creature. That's what started the first of the wars between Inferni and Dahlia de Mai." She didn't refer to the monster with pronouns indicating he had gender. It would have given him too much in the way of humanity, and she felt he had no soul. There was nothing he deserved in the way of being treated as if he had.

<style>
.talithaop b {color:#3d3d3d; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
</style>
[/html]
He just nodded. He decided to change the subject to a lighter one, 'This is a nice scene, I love the sea...' He, himself, grew up in a port city, Santander in the south of Spain. He was a strong swimmer and could how his breathe for ages. He had always been in love, not only with the sea, but with nature as a whole. The leaves, the trees and the very freaking earth itself, but unlike most of his pack members he didn't see it as a brother. A deity of some sort perhaps, but not a brother. He found the sand hypnotic too. The way it bent and moved with the air, it's heat in the midday sun. The rustling of the leaves in the tree awed him too. He streched his leg again and stood up, 'Hope you don't mind me, but I've gotta go. Nice speaking to you' he smiled. He didn't notice that his vodka bottle was still unpacked. He didn't have anywhere in particular to get to, just home mainly. He needed to write down a few things and read up on a few more subjects and the time to do that in was dwindling. He loosened up his shoulders and smiled again, waiting for Talitha to speak. The breeze tossed his hair again and he ran his hand over it to stop it from blocking his view. It was getting a bit dark now.
Really, really short. My apologies.

[html]

This is a nice scene, I love the sea...

She simply nodded, a brief gesture to show she was listening if she wasn't truly paying attention. Her mind was too wrapped up in the beauty of the scene that was set before it, watching until creeping memories of the past returned to her, skin crawling as invisible hands grasped her shoulders. Her crimson eyes snapped shut. It wasn't the same shore, but it was similar enough to bring back the unpleasant windows of the past, glass stained with gruesome depictions of the horrors of war.

She glanced up as he moved, eyes flitting over to watch him stand and stretch. I've gotta go. She simply nodded, boring holes into his skull with her eyes as he waited for her to speak. Talitha hesitated, mouth opening once only to shut. Finally, she nodded again, lips parting to let out simple words: "Goodbye, J'adore Austral." Her eyes turned back to the ocean, then to the skull on her lap, taking up her paintbrush to add trees to an island placed amidst the waves.

[/html]
OOC- No problem Big Grin This is a crappy post short and just bad....

He smiled 'C'ya round Talitha Lykoi'. It was a simple farewell, and he strolled away. The air was dullening down and the sky grew dark, if only by a bit. The walk home would not be short, it was a large number of miles toward AniWaya and it was also cold and dark, bordering on rainy too. Shifting to his Secui form he let his limbs grow before speeding off at an uncanny speed. Even though it was cold to begin with, the air grew colder around his as he ran, causing him, in the end, to stop half way and create a fire. He got home when the night was at it's peak. The owls hooted in the darkness and J'adore was quick to move into his house, He light a fire and relaxed with a book. He slept well that night, waking early next morning and heading off to Cercatori D'Arte, to see Valinta. His treks over to the neghbouring pack were a hassle since he was required to be up early for her and tend to her needs till whenever. But then again thats what you do for love.