Hvgesvi Nv Hia Galohisdi
[html]

Backdated to the 24th and mainly for the Gata Hineyu's. It's time Ralla started acting like she's supposed to and do her job teaching you guys about the Great Fire =w= If we could, three day waiting limit before next poster? :3

It was a fine day--or twilight, as it was--as Ralla skirted around the Great Fire, continuing to make sure that all its logs were firmly set and that there were no weak spots that would crumble to make a mess or that snow or rain could easily dowse, etc. Even after her abscence the fire barely bothered her work-worn hands, the heat only warming them as she was careful not to touch a combusted log directly. She was always, always careful and respectful of the Great Fire's power, only now that she had direct access to it, she felt more in tune with its spiritual ways. But what she was really preparing for was a lesson. Ever since she had begun to teach J'adore about the lore and traditions of the tribe, Ralla felt it more germane that she do the same for the other two, as well as the other tribe members should they decide to sit on the logs and listen. She wanted to share her knowledge as well as be fair to Sanuye and Oceane; it wouldn't do for them to fall behind because of Ralla's negligence.

Satisfied with her work, Ralla raised her voice to the winds and loosed her peculiar yet easily identifiable howl; a few short staccato notes followed by a long, drawn out note that faded like a misty morning. The howl was directed specifically for J'adore and Oceane--Sanuye still gone elsewhere--their calling having been engraved into the signature of the howl, as could any other wolf do should they so please for another. While she still couldn't write script--she would wait until the observatory was built and J'adore could both teach and help her record the legends--she could begin teaching the Gata Hineyus the basic lessons and prayers, as she had done for J'adore when he had helped her build the observatory foundaiton. All it took was a little practice and repitition, although this was coming from someone who loved stories and could memorize them like the back of her hand. Realistically, other probably didn't share the same penchant as she did for such things. Nian did, she reminded herself. She wondered if he would sit and listen as she taught the lesson?

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]
OOC- Short and sweet XD

His large ears picked up Ralla's howl as he was snout deep in a book. Sighing, and wishing Ralla's timing had been better, he closed the tome and left for the great fire. He wasn't sure she was deifnatly there, but it was a reasonable guess. To J'adore, the howl was lower and quiter than the others had heard it. His house, more stone then wood, lay in an abandoned human getaway resort. The house, several unoccupied and J'adore's, were crafted of stone and wood, furnished and roomy. They all rolled out onto a dry, dirt track high street, leading down to a beach. The lake the resort lay by was plentiful of fish and was bordered, on the other side by a small forest. The trees were claimed by a few elk, rodents and birds. He appeared outside wearing his Secui form and raced off at break neck speed. When he arrive he paused to shifted, coughing to assert his presance to his elder and smiled, 'You called'. His feet moved him over closer to the great fire and he spoke again, 'What did you call for exactly?' What could she require for the Gaya Hineyus? She had already been teaching him loads, but what wasthe reason for this surprise calling.
[html]

The order can become a little sporatic after this since Oceane is scare and Sanuye is just plain gone >-> Jeez, you were right; she DOES have terrible timing >< Also, please forgive me for starting this thread; it was just something that Ralla would logically do >.>

Much to her slight disappointment, only J'adore seemed to heed her call. Not that she wouldn't settle for the Gata Hineyu, but she had hoped to expand her lessons to the others as well. Ah well; expectations breed disappointment. "Hello, J'adore. Actually I wanted to begin regular lessons with you all; maybe once a week...?" Glancing around as if to reconfirm her earlier observance as well as alert J'adore to it, she shrugged. "Although it seems like it's just you and me for now. I hope you don't mind, but this actually presents an opportunity." The white wolfess paced for a moment, pondering on how to begin. "While I can't write out the language for you, we can certainly begin the spoken language." And with that statement came a deceivingly innocent smile that said 'Beware, for my lessons will be like lessons from the devil'. Oh, Ralla could be strict where she needed to be, have no doubt. It was when she had to face a dangerous situation or extreme conflict that her courage got dicey. As it was, it was her duty to ensure the Great Fire's existance and continuation of its traditions. And some of them would do no good unless those who would succeed her knew the language.

She motioned for the male to sit on the logs as she paced again, wondering where to begin and looking rather silly, since serious didn't fit her character all that much. "So, based on what you've told me, your lore knowledge is what I've already taught you and you have no AniWayan linguistics?" Oh, if the wolfess could've heard herself, trying to be all proper and matter-of-fact. "In which case, you're slightly ahead of the game. But! A lot of the prayers are in AniWayan, so we will begin with...the alphabet." The last words were said with an almost mock ominous tone, just to amuse herself a little. Remembering her own training days, learning different languages and even practicing things--repetitively--had not been the most enjoyable task. But it was required, and would leave them both the richer for it. Knowledge was like a never-ending fountain; it slaked one's thirst and filled one closer and closer to the brim, an end never within sight with more insight following closely behind the first sip. "Which is coincidentally not actually learned in the conventional way... The first things to learn are the vowels. First is 'a', as in our english 'father' and AniWayan 'adadoda'. Repeat?" The lessons wold be simple, starting with the basics. Yes, that would be how Ralla would do it; simple and easy. The Gata Hineyu's did, after all, have their other duties to attend to, and since Ralla only planned on them meeting once a week, she couldn't overload them with more than necessary. "It can also be a short 'a' as in 'rival' or 'tsayi', which means brass." Ralla was secretly proud of her extensive progress on the language. In the beginning, Chief Dawali had humored her when she began to question some of the prayers and stories. Thereafter, she had self-taught herself, listening to some others in the pack use the language and finding that its bases were not that dissimilar from her native tongue, however much she had struggled to find those bases at first. "'Gata' in 'Gata Hineyu' is a good example. 'Gata', of course, means 'fire', and is one of many words for it. It has the 'ah' sound on both ends."

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

He simply nodded along and did what he was told. The tounge was totally different to Spanish, French, Italian, the Soviet tounges and English, it wasn't hard for him to grasp the basics seeing as he was already mulit-spoken. Even though he was paying close attention to Ralla's instructions, his mind, as always, drifted away between her words. Luckily every time she wanted him to repeat something he came out of his day dream as if he hadn't been. Perfect timing. J'adore loved the praise when he got it right, he always had, he also got kicks when he watched someone get told off, but that was a different matter altogether. He got most of the words to a level that even if he got them wrong they still sounded close enough to decode. 'So where is everyone else?' he asked as Ralla paused for a moment. He supposed they were chopping wood or something, what ever they were doing it didn't matter. For now this was his lesson and until somebody arrive it would stay that way. He was going to try and learn as much in the short space of time as possible, he hated not knowing things.
[html]

Excited for the snowstorm? :3 Btw, feel free to pp some of Ralla's teaching, since it'll get repetitive for you to have to wait every time for her rambling >.>

J'adore was as attentive as he had been during their previous lessons, but Ralla was so enrapt in the information that her own mind was swimming in that she didn't pay much attention to when J'adore drifted between what he was hearing and what he was thinking, so close were his repetitions. Ralla had to correct him once or twice, but his pronunciation mimicked Ralla's very closely. "Those are the essential vowels," she ended the brief first part of the lesson, only to be asked another question. She sighed in response, having been reminded of the turnout. "Sanuye is elsewhere; safe hopefully," she said with a thought to the strange signs in the weather. "As to Oceane's wherabouts, I couldn't say. You three are as hard to catch as the Great Fire's smoke," Ralla commented, almost to herself, as she swished a hand through a stray wave of heat and smoke that drifted towards them in the wind. Ralla's eyes stung a little as the smoke got to her eyes--whereas her hands could be conditioned against the heat and roughness of certain things, eyes could not be done the same--although she found the smoke less stifiling than she had maybe once had. Being around the sacred flame so often--almost day and night, worrying about the signs in the weather--and even before then, had conditioned her perspective of the burning cloud.

"But they'll both have their chances; I have no doubt. I'm determined to have you all well-versed in the tradition of the pack," which was to say, Ralla wanted to be as well-versed as well. Being an original outsider, Ralla kept on trying to find ways to immerse herself in the wonderful spirituality of the tribe that offered her such solstice. "Now repeat: galuyasdi, tsayi; axe, brass. Tsinosga, etikaiele; coal, sacred. Unitsi, ehu; mother, home. And then try this; Atsila galvkawetiyu." That last one was particularily tricky, especially because some of the pronunciation was slightly silent--but still pronounced--and it was to see if J'adore would trip over those vowels. It wasn't as if Ralla was being mean--it was his first official lesson outside of their impromptu ones, after all--but she would keep asking at the end of every lesson until he got it right. "Beyond that, you should probably learn some of the basic words as well and their meanings. Unless you want to keep reviewing the vowels?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

J'adore nodded, 'I try to come when I can, but with some days I am in Cercatori Valinta', he smiled softly, there were three Gata Hineyu's anyhow.

His tongue slipped round the words with little trouble, till the final words. He still said it well, but his speech froze every second or two too consider what went next. He ended with a embarrassed smile and the lowering of his ears. 'Okay?' he inquired anxiously; if he had to grade himself he'd give him 8/10. But of course it was Ralla's decision whether he did well or not.

Ralla asked whether he wanted to move on, he promptly repeated some of the vowels, only the few he aced and nodded, 'I think I'm ready'. Again it was her decision, but she had asked him his opinion. He hadn't repeated the one he had stumbled on, hopefully Ralla would not pick up on that. Maybe she would, she was a good teacher and didn’t speak to him like a child. When he was a pup he was treated like an idiot in lessons, despite that fact he was way smarter than some of the others. He wasn’t a nerd though, he was quite cool in his opinion.
[html]

Sorry for the wait >.> Use this to reference the story and this to translate the words that J'adore's learned (which are the basic fire words such as 'wood', 'fire', 'sacred', etc.).

Ralla turned swiftly to face J'adore again, pausing from her pleasant pacing, when he mentioned a name. "Valinta? You know her?" Ralla, of course, only knew the wolfess briefly when the black womand had led her and Noss into the Cercatori area to ask for the leader, but she had not known that one of her tribe's Gata Hineyu's also knew her. Although, she guessed she shouldn't have been so surprised; it wasn't as if everyone else lived under a rock, and the Cercatori pack was a relatively close neighbor next to Crimson Dreams. At the very least this explains why I can't find him often enough, she thought without malice or capricious mischief.

She could tell that J'adore wouldn't get the words on the first try, since they were new ones from what she had been previously teaching him, and she didn't expect him to get them as easy at first either, since she had a sort of unfair advantage. She had only found that the AniWayan and Moon Tribe languages held similar roots a month or so after her arrival, and it had taken her more time after to work out all the kinks, helped along by her own lessons from Chief Dawali. It'll all turn out fine, she assured herself. She had to giggle a little at his attempt to omitt the long word, but she had almost expected that, at least. And she wouldn't force it; yet. "You're quite good for someone who's only had a few lessons, but not quite advanced yet," she said with a little humor thrown in there, hands on her hips. "But lets try putting into practice what I've already taught you. Recite for me the first two lines of 'The First Fire'. From there we'll build your vocabulary around what you don't know and get those first two lines memorized; and so on from there in the lessons to come. After this, if you feel like it's too much for one day, we can stop if you like." The last part she added in, unsure if she was unloading too much into one lesson or not.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

No problem XD

'Yes' J'adore replied with a smile, 'She's my... girlfriend'. He stumbled as he considered what to title her. Girlfriend sounded right. She was a girl and a friend. Of course it could mean different things, but seeing how their first meeting and meetings after that planned out, it seemed that is what the pair were. Boyfriend and girlfriend. He had proof hanging around his neck, proof in Cercatori, hanging around her neck too.

He repeated the first two lines a little more confident in what he was doing. Praise was a wonderful thing and worked wonders on him. He laughed as Ralla mentioned his skill, 'It seems I have a talent with languages'. His list was impressive, the Soviet languages he mentioned cover a few different tounges. Russian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Ukrani, Belarussian, Polish, excetera. Some he was better skilled at than some, but his home languages flowed off his tounge like English.

'I'm happy to continuue if you are' he said, flashing his commonly seen smile.

<style type="text/css">
.seastarjadore-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.seastarjadore b {font-weight:bold; color:#efc4a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.seastarjadore p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.seastarjadore {margin:0 auto; background-color:#808fa2; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/f24ihh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1e263a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #202e2e; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Your next post will likely be the last, so although it's not stated in my post, Ralla does give J'adore homework to memorize the vowels.

Girlfriend, huh? Ralla thought, barely containing one of the smirks she had inherited as part of the family gene. It was not a mean or taunting smirk; merely one that could only be conveyed by the words 'mmhm' hummed in song, which she did (although it was also in good-natured response to his own claim to talent in language).

J'adore's repetition of the first two lines was flawless, as she had expected that much since her drilling the story into his mind. The language would take a little longer, but for now his lore was improving and becoming more and more precise. She was happy with that. "Let's get away from the lore for a moment. As I told you a few days ago, I'm leaving in a few week's time, so you and Oceane will be taking care of the Great Fire, although Chief Dawali will be the only one allowed in direct contact. This will be the last lesson for today before I let you go. Please recite for me all your duties to the fire and the details." Simple, easy, and a good cool-down exercise. Judging by the sun in the sky, she had already kept J'adore for a long time; she could afford to let him be after her previous chatter.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]
<style type="text/css">
#jadore {width: 400px; background: #b6daae url('http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a428/schattenjager/Graphics/Souls/jadorebg.png') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 280px; border: 1px solid #77918f; font-family: "georgia", serif; font-size: 8pt; color: #6e435e;}
#jadore p {line-height: 10pt; margin-left: 10px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; text-align: justify;}
#jadore .ooc {color: #77918f; text-align: right;}
#jadore .speak {color: #77918f;}
</style>

This is a really crappy post. I revise it butstill XD

'What?!' J'adore asked with a smile. Her little 'mmhm' exclamation made his smile.

J'adore frowned. He, before now, held that he knew his duties by heart. Now in the sight of his boss, he was unsure of his proficency. 'Making sure the firewood is stocked, not only for the great fire itself, but for the other members personal fires. Teaching children and training under you command, doing whatever needs doing'.

He was happy with his answer. He was pretty sure he had listed all his roles. He hoped he did, he was looking to rise higher in his ranks, and ultimatly it would be Ralla's choice.

He shifted about in his seat anxiously. Had he got them all right? He was sure he had. But even so, if he hadn't, Ralla wasn't the type to jump at him.

[/html]
[html]

This is the last post, thanks for threading! Big Grin

J'adore incredulous face was humurous to look at, she had to admit. It tickled her funny bone to see others just as surprised or confused, mayhap because she was just that easily entertained or because it was just the kind of person she was. Her mind was put at ease when he very easily recited his duties--and she had already seen that he was performing to great satisfaction--and so she stepped to the side as if to say 'You are dismissed.' "Thank you, J'adore. Please practice the vowels and lore, and keep up your good work." Perhaps she over-praised to man, but she found that praise was the best way to help a student grow. Scolding and admonishing would only discourage them, but it would also do no good if she spoiled and inflated a student's ego. But J'adore seemed so sure of himself that she was unsure if it were confidence or cockiness. She believed in the prior.

As he left, she smiled to herself. J'adore was ambitious, to be sure, and he made a fine student, tribe member, and Gata Hineyu. But that ambition was, quite plainly, a threat to her. It was a fact without malice or ill intent, rather it was pure, inescapable irony. The man she was teaching obviously vied for a position she wished for as well, and giving over the secrets and practice was just as well as masochistic suicide. But that wasn't what the duty was about. It was about sharing and spreading the knowledge. No matter if she did not receive her wished-for title; it would be granted to the one who deserved it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]