Can't Fight the MoonLight.
[html]

OOC chatter goes here!

Ookami was out and about at the stables, visiting the horses when the sun began to set. He looked at the sky, purple and pink began to streak the sky. He smiled and sighed. He left the stables and made his way to his home. A big maple tree that seemed to heat up everything where its branches covered. The tree still, amazingly, had its leaves. He walked up the hill and sat under his tree. He stared at the sky, he loved this time of day, even though he hated what came after. He hated the night, it haunted him slowly. The dark currupted his thinking and made him see things. He has tryed to wake very early and do lots to make him so tired that at night when the moon comes out he falls into a deep sleep so the haunting doesn't bother him. But that never worked, he would just have to learn to deal with his fear.

He let his thoughts fade away as the sky turned orange. Fifteen minutes past of him watching the moon slowly rise. Finally it was completly dark, he sighed, "Guess you can't fight the moonlight." He didn't feel tiered at all so he rose and walked down the hill and onto a very worn path. He traveled along it, all the while staring at the moon. As long as he was looking at the moon he felt fine. He sighed as he stopped and looked down at the ground. He stopped, he was hungry. He looked around and smelt the air. He smelt a deer, then blood. Either someone else was hunting, or a deer had just died. He ran towards the scent. He found the sorce, a lone fawn and a dead mother. He crouched low to the ground, crawling forward. He stepped on a leaf, making a crunch sound. The fawn heard it and sprinted off. Ookami was quick though, he leaped forward, running next to the fawn. He reached his muzzle out and snapped at it's leg. It tripped and rolled and cried out. Ookami approached it. He whispered words under his breath and snapped the fawn's neck, putting it quickly out of it's misery. Ookami didn't feel like dragging it out of the clearing he was in so he plopped down there and begun to eat.

Ookami wasn't done eating but he paused. He just now realized, this was the first time that he had been able to kill something besides a rabbit since he had been here. He was ashamed, he was noramlly a very good hunter, but since his travles he had been worn down and slow. He was weak and wasn't really hungry since arriving here, but now his appitite was sky-high and he was back to his fast and quick self. He smiled, happy that his old nature was returning. He looked back down at the fed on corpse of the fawn. He yawned, getting tiered. He opened his jaws and took the fawn by the neck, he walked back onto the trail, dragging the fawn easily beside him. He smelt another wolf on the air, he didn't look into it too much, just kept walking.

<style>
.ookamifall .of-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:11px; }
.ookamifall p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ookamifall b {color:#bb5a14; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ookamifall {background-color:#f0f1ed; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... tab3v2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:439px; text-align:justify; }
.ookamifall-border {width:441px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.ookamifall .box {width:165px;height:290px; float: right;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: the part that is underlined is Kea's (the raven) dialouge.

WC: 600+

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was truly his little piece of paradise. Since his youth he had always loved snowy plains, they always showed perfect opportunities for him to finds something interesting to play with, some rock or branch or even the snow itself. The arrival of dusk only made it all better.

A pair of raven cries broke the calm of the darkening area, the source bolted though the sky like a black and feathery arrow, a dark gray form following not so far behind. The black bird would sometimes slow down and get into the beast’s level, using its ebony claws to grasp some of its thick fur. In response he would jump in a try to reach for the offending bird, a joyful laugh sprouting him each time he would fail to do so. Sometimes when the bird came down he would draw a sudden stop by standing on his back legs, twirling around and falling, only to rise back up and try once again in catching his feathery companion.

This kind of simple activities were the ones that brought joy to his life, even more than hunting or doing anything else, he had always been a child at heart and he loved it that way. A sudden rush of scents attacked his nose, this fact not stopping both runners. It was the combined scents of food and of another wolf, the golden wolf that was known as Ookami it was, or so his nose was telling him.
It seemed the female raven had caught them as well, as her direction was abruptly changed towards that direction. Oh what a greedy raven she was, looking for more food when she had already had her full with a poor mouse.
He saw an opportunity, a large and snow covered boulder was not so far from him. If he were to time his jump well he could finally catch the fleeing bird, but if he failed he was most likely to fall down on his face, like he always did. Taking the chance he sped up, lowering his body in preparation for the jump. As soon as his claws made contact with the frozen surface of the boulder he pressed his body on it and jumped. Just as he expected he had given the jump too soon as he only barely touched the bird’s tail feathers.

Not being quick enough Falgar fell right on his face, rolling around the snowy ground for quite some time, during all the process he kept his eye closed. When he reopened them he found himself right in front of a wall of golden pelt. It was Ookami and he was upside down with his nose touching the Genus chest.

Green eyes widened as he fought against his own body to stand up, why had he always made a fool of himself in front of others?

“Oh I am so sorry Ookami”

his apology was accompanied with a pair of quick bows

“I am sorry if I offended you”

the guilt could not only be seen by his voice but by his pulled back ears, frown and lowered pose.

“I tripped and I couldn’t stop myself from rolling around, I am so sorry”

he lowered his head, not wanting to face the golden wolf’s face, if he were to get angry for almost crashing into him Falgar found it better not to see it.

Kea landed on a nearby rock while crying continually, her weird way of laughing.

“Hey clumsy, better luck next time!”

she kept doing that for quite some time until she finally eyed the food, not wanting to get near it due to the larger wolf’s presence, instead he bobbed her head around while observing.

<style>
.falgarlost .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.falgarlost p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.falgarlost b {color:#3D3D3D; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; }
.falgarlost {background-color:#ECEDE8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/o08cpd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.falgarlost-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.falgarlost .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

-wordcount-219-

Ookami was still dragging the fawn along the road when he caught site of Falgar playing with Kea. He looked down for a moment and when he looked back up Falgar was rolling and toppling down the hill towards Ookami. He stood where he was, head cocked and an amused expression on his face. Falgar stopped right at Ookami's feet and his nose was pressed against Ookami's chest. Ookami glanced down at him with the same amused look. Falgar tried quickly to get up and he apologized, Ookami just laughed, "That's all right Falgar, you did not offend me." He was still laughing as Falgar explained what had happened. In Ookami's eyes what Falgar had just done looked like a lot of fun. He stopped laughing as he watched Falgar look away from Ookami, thinking that he was going to get angry. "Hey, I am still young, only 13 months old everyone needs to have fun sometime right?"

Ookami smiled, waiting for Falgar to raise his gaze back up. He laughed as Kea came and made fun of Falgar. "Hello Kea. Nice day for some fun isn't it?" He smiled at the pair. He watched as Kea eyed the fawn. Ookami set the fawn's head on the ground and stepped away, "Go ahead Kea, I am finished with it."

<style>
.ookamifall .of-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:11px; }
.ookamifall {background-color:#f0f1ed; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... tab3v2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:439px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

-wordcount-219-

Ookami was still dragging the fawn along the road when he caught site of Falgar playing with Kea. He looked down for a moment and when he looked back up Falgar was rolling and toppling down the hill towards Ookami. He stood where he was, head cocked and an amused expression on his face. Falgar stopped right at Ookami's feet and his nose was pressed against Ookami's chest. Ookami glanced down at him with the same amused look. Falgar tried quickly to get up and he apologized, Ookami just laughed, "That's all right Falgar, you did not offend me." He was still laughing as Falgar explained what had happened. In Ookami's eyes what Falgar had just done looked like a lot of fun. He stopped laughing as he watched Falgar look away from Ookami, thinking that he was going to get angry. "Hey, I am still young, only 13 months old everyone needs to have fun sometime right?"

Ookami smiled, waiting for Falgar to raise his gaze back up. He laughed as Kea came and made fun of Falgar. "Hello Kea. Nice day for some fun isn't it?" He smiled at the pair. He watched as Kea eyed the fawn. Ookami set the fawn's head on the ground and stepped away, "Go ahead Kea, I am finished with it."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Pie? xD

WC: +300

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a short time Falgar finally lifted his gaze with a light sigh, replacing his past frown with a goofy grin. He was relieved that the golden wolf did not take offence at his sudden rush towards him; he would have hated himself if he had done something to anger or offend Ookami.

Not being able to wait the female raven finally moved towards the fawn’s corpse

“Yeah, especially with Mr. Clumsy involved, he is a good source of amusement”

another short bird laugh came before she dug into the dead fawn’s meat

“Greedy raven, where does all that food go anyway?”

Falgar switched his attention towards Ookami, leaving the annoying bird to her feeding business.

“Yes fun is good, but not when you come crashing down on a pack mate”

finally his tensed muscles relaxed as he slowly began laughing, as the bird had said moments ago he was a good source of amusement, especially since he always finished in some kind of wacky situation no matter what he did.

“Oh well me and my luck, I am yet to understand why I always finish up in weird places and situations”

he laughed once more as he took this opportunity to shake his heavy gray pelt of the snow, careful not to shake it in Ookami’s direction.

“So how is this cold night treating you Ookami?”

as he spoke he sat down right in front of the golden wolf. Falgar closed his eyes for a brief moment, taking in the smells and noises that the night had to offer. This was the time when he felt more at peace, the time were his mind was clearer and easier to use it to think as the factors that could turn possible distractors were minimal.

“A good night it is”

the comment was more to himself than anything but still he voiced it, not being totally aware of doing it.

<style>
.falgarlost .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.falgarlost p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.falgarlost b {color:#3D3D3D; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; }
.falgarlost {background-color:#ECEDE8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/o08cpd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.falgarlost-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.falgarlost .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]