Trapped in my Own Despair.
[html]<style type="text/css">
.alltable { border:1px solid #E02842;background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/124egwj.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:450px;background-color:#D6BD9F;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em; line-height:1.4em;color:#493131; margin: 0 auto }
.boxxy { padding:10px 10px 180px 10px;}
.boxxy p {margin: 0; text-indent:30px; }
.boxxy b {color:#000;}</style>

The female said nothing, she didn't answer her, instead the other male snapped at her, and Adonia went down into a submissive lay putting her head down, "...sorry.." Her eyes dared to look over at the uncovered body of Ookami. She didn't see a lot of open wounds, a few scrapes it seemed, but overall he was okay..or so he seemed. She watched Ookami for a moment then looked back to the dominant figure in the room...the other male. Her eyes stayed lowered though. She continued to listen to him, as he took control of the situation, she knew he was right, it was just hard for her to be in control when she felt utterly out of control. When he spoke a question, she straightened up some, "Yes, of course, it..it's my job to know the Valley and those with in it..like..I know you guys..just never actually..introduced myself...I know your scents very well though.." After she spoke, she realized how creepy she sounded. Her ears went back and she dropped her head, "...that didn't come out right..." Her tail tucked under her as tightly as it possibly could. Her eyes looked up to the other female, her eyes taking her in for a moment before she dropped her gaze as well, being a little submissive toward her as she didn't seem a threat to her, but she still never wanted to aggravate or annoy anyone. "..that's a good idea..I also have firewood..at my place..I can try and bring some of it here..I also have some stuff for skin abrasions..it's neem oil..I'm sure it will help with some of his scrapes..." She was softly spoken and unsure what the others thought. She knew she also had some ace bandages, her father told her they were useful and told here where they were usually found. She grabbed some while in Halifax. She didn't know why she did, she rarely ever sprang anything, or was sore in any way..but they came in handy in this situation.

She put her head down, eyes glancing to him, now feeling more comfortable being able to see his entire body. He was obviously in need, but she felt a little more secure. Still, the fact of not knowing what was wrong exactly bothered her. She wanted him better, and she wished she hadn't been away from him so long. There were so many times she wanted to come play with him, but didn't want to bother him..didn't want to smother him..so instead she did quite the opposite, she stayed away.

[/html]
Yellow eyes bored into Adonia as she sunk to the floor submissively. They really didn't have time for this, but he would have to control himself. His last outburst had caused the girl to almost cower before him and that was not what he was after. The loud cracking of splintering wood caught his attention as he turned his large head in the direction that Jace was returning from. The board in her mouth unceremoniously tossed into the flames to burn on top of the already smoldering embers. A single ear flicking at the sound as he watched Jace sit back down near them, the corner of his muzzle turning upwards in a barely noticeable grin. Despite her efforts to hide her injuries and exhuastion it wasn't hard to see, yet she was still seemingly as strong as when he had first encountered her. He could definitely grow to like this wolf.

His gaze switching between the two females as they spoke. The strong standing yet injured Jace, and the very submissive and scared, yet able body of Adonia. The eyes of the black wolf shifted towards the window of the cabin. Dirt and dust from the long years of neglect had caused the glass to become foggy, so much so that he could barely see out of it. Though he was not really looking outside as all of his focus were on the options offered by the two pack mates. Adonias medicine would definitely be something worth venturing after and if she lived anything like Rendall there may be some food that could be brought back, which would be needed to keep their strength. Hunting would be very difficult in these kinds of conditions. . .

With his decision made, the black wolf rose to his feet and walked towards the door, looking over his shoulder as he spoke. " Show me the way to your cabin and we'll carry back everything we can to help him. Until then I think you. . ." his voice trailing off as he looked onto the mixed colored eyes of Jace. " Should sit tight and keep that fire going. Try and clean those wounds if you can and keep him awake if he regains consciousness." Judging by his short encounter with the female he was sure that this would probably not go over well. The truth was he didn't care, she was hurt and it was a miracle that she had gotten Ookami as far as she did. He couldn't help but worry that she would try to venture out on her own into the forest not far from the cabin to gather some of the wood she had mentioned. Hopefully what fuel was in the dwelling would be enough to last until they returned. Without leaving much room for argument Kami reached up and grasped the rusted handle of the door in his jaws. The stinging taste of metal on his tongue as the door swung inwards only a few inches before he stopped it with his paw. The bitter cold sweeping across his feet as if it were a beast intent on entering the home and beating back the warmth that they had secured for themselves. " My name is Kami by the way." he said looking back and forth between them as he waited for Adonia to break away from Ookami, hoping she would be able to. Her mind seemingly buried in the depths of something he could not understand yet.
[html]

WC: 506 5 points

Jace looked at the poor female cowering on the floor, that this higher ranking wolf should think herself beneath herself and Kami was disconcerting to Jace. Was this another strange rule here? Where Jace was from, the higher your rank, the higher you carried your head and tail in relation to others, although it would be hard to lower herself more than this female without completely rolling belly up, something she did to no one, not even Alphas. It pained her to see the younger female so scared and feeble where there was no need to be,

"Aye lassy, pick you're head up. Neither me nor Kami here are going to hurt you, besides its not like this is a normal situation anyhow." Jace pulled her head back and looked at the female with one of her ears dropped to the side. She remained sitting as Kami raised to his paws, her eyes focusing on him instead of Adonia. She watched him as he all but ordered her to stay put, a lopsided grin growing on her muzzle and an amused expression smoothing itself onto her face,

A complacent tone worked into her voice and she nodded, "You have no worry of me going back outside. I'll stay here." She looked up at the dirty window and shivered internally, she may been an arctic creature but even she could only stand so much with the pain and cold combined, if she went back out into the cold snow, with her injuries most likely she would never come back. The fire flared as the door was opened, the oxygen that swelled in with the wind fueling it to greater heat. She stood and walked over to Ookami, laying down next to the side not heated by the fire, sharing her body heat. She saw the way Adonia kept looking at the male besides her and smiled, softness creeping into her voice,

"You go with Kami, my dear, i'll look after him here and i'll explain to you what happened to him when you get back or he might be awake by then and he can tell you himself." Her tailed wagged a few times, thumping against the aged floor. "Oh, and my name is Jace. Jace Denahlii" She watched and smiled as they left the cabin before turning her attention to the large male at her side, mumbling to herself

"And what are we going to do with you." She had no clean water or cloth with which to clean his wounds, the only implement she had suited to the job was her tongue, although it was more than adequate it might create awkwardness for the male should he wake up to being cleaned like a dirty puppy. She rolled her eyes and sighed at silly males and their macho thoughts and set about cleaning the cuts and abrasions littering his body that she could reach from her place of being laid next to him, the taste of blood coming from his pelt where they had bled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jace "talks", 'thinks', and walks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
.jace-mountains .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jace-mountains p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jace-mountains b {color:#16323D; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.jace-mountains {background-color:#BAD9E5; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/jace.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; border:1px solid #16323D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#42616D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.jace-mountains-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC chatter goes here!

Ookami woke up finally. He didn't wake with a start like he had been doing, just a gentle flicker of the eyes. He was too exhasuted to even jump as he woke. He let out a small whine as the pain of his ankle was finally setting in. He looked up to find himself laying on a mattress with Jace next to him. He was inside a warm cabin and Kami and Adonia were gone. Jace was cleaning his wounds and he smiled at her, "Thank you, but you don't have to do that." He managed to sit up a little, though it pained him slightly and he began licking his own wounds. He didn't do anything but mend to himself for the time being. He was too tired and hurt to worry about anything else. "Thank you Jace." He stopped licking himself and looked at her. He had a tiered smile on his face and his eyes were dim and didn't have the sparkle that they usually did. It was then that it hit him, "Where is Adonia?" He hadn't seen the female for a long time, not since he admitted his feelings to her. He had a mental smile and he rememered the day they played like pups in the snow. It seemed like so long ago.

He looked at the fire. Just stared into it. He didn't speak or anything. He tried to move and winced with a whine at his ankle. "Sorry, I should not be complaining, I know you are hurt as well." He blushed sheepishly and then looked at his ankle. He tried to figure out what was wrong with it. "Mmm... It's dislocated..." He looked back up at Jace, "Can you help me? I just need you to grab hold of it and pull until it snaps back into place." He knew it sounded gross, but it had to be done.

<style>
.ookamifall .of-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:11px; }
.ookamifall p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ookamifall b {color:#bb5a14; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ookamifall {background-color:#f0f1ed; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... tab3v2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:439px; text-align:justify; }
.ookamifall-border {width:441px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.ookamifall .box {width:165px;height:290px; float: right;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 505 5 points

She pulled her head away at the whine of pain, her good ear rotating, her bad one remaining in its lowered position. Her head bobbed at the thank you and she rested it back down on her paws, her eyes closing. Now he had moved to sit up more of the fire's heat could reach her, sinking through her thick fur to warm her skin and bones. She dozed lightly as Ookami tended to his own wounds, all they could do now was wait for Kami and Adonia to come back with whatever Adonia could supply from her home.

She opened her eyes as he spoke again, looking up at him with her head still resting on her paws. His tired gaze met her exhausted one and she smiled faintly before lifting her head up although she remained laying down. Her tail flicked idly, the brown tip moving back and forth across the mattress. She frowned slightly at his question, having to rack her brain for the answer to it then relaying it to him,

"Adonia and Kami left to get some firewood, medicinal supplies and maybe some food from Adonia's cabin, I agreed to stay here and watch the fire and yourself. Well more likely I was told to stay here and watch the fire." Her lopsided smile from earlier was back in place. They lapsed into silence once again and she again closed her eyes, basking in the heat given off by the fire until his whine of pain brought her good ear rotating towards him,

"My pain most likely won't ever leave fully, that tree was not kind to my body. I fear the damage to my leg was too great but at least I am alive and mostly unharmed." She observed his leg as he did, seeing where the ankle joint had popped out, although it looked as though more damage than a dislocated ankle had occurred. She gave no answer to his request for help; she lacked the energy to shift any longer, having tried earlier and gotten nowhere. With no warning she suddenly lashed forwards and grabbed his leg between her jaws, jerked her head pulling the joint back into place and pushing it up into the socket with a sickly sound. Quickly and with no warning was best and it gave the body no time to tense and both worsen and prolong the pain.

She pulled her head back almost as quickly as she had shoved it forwards, meaning to move her face out of range should he snap at her for the sudden pain. She did not want any more scars to disfigure her face or tear her ears although she was not vain about it, her looks were not her pride and joy as she had seem some wolfess' were but she would like to retain some semblance of looking like a female instead of a battle worn warrior. Her eyes pleaded for forgiveness from the golden male for the no warning of pain to come.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
.jace-mountains {background-color:#BAD9E5; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/jace.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; border:1px solid #16323D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#42616D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.jace-mountains-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

She looked to the other female as she spoke, her accent was a familiar one. Was she from Europe as well? She wasn't sure, but she wouldn't ask either. She gave a soft nod and readjusted herself to be a little more straighter, her head still wanting to be lower, just out of habit. She knew Jefferson would be disappointed in her for her reactions, but she couldn't help it. She was used to having to cower, to having to be lower. It wasn't because she was an omega..though one would think she was..it was all a complicated maze of issues within the female, issues she'd never dream of sharing. Her eyes looked over to the dominant figure when he spoke. She looked to Ookami and feeling shy, but feeling the need to, she came closer to him. Her eyes looked over the unconscious body and she, very gently, nuzzled into his muzzle. The thoughts plainly strong in her mind, the feelings she held for him. Certainly, no one was blind to how she felt for Ookami, stronger than any other emotion. Stronger even than her fear, and insecurities. She wasn't wanting to cry because she of fear, but because of how she felt toward the large sable male. It was a short nuzzle, but to her it lasted forever, her eyes looking over to him, I will be back She said in her mind as the other male opened the door, she then moved away with determination in her eyes, despite her still submissive statue; tail down, ears back.

She looked over to the dominant male as he spoke his name, she looked away to hear the other female's name as well; Kami and Jace. She made a note to remember it. Her body stopped moving before she said her name, moving her head in a way that she was in a way looking at both from her side vision, "Adonia Demos.." She said in a voice that was barely audible with the large gusts of wind. It was then she looked at Kami, "..hope you can keep up..I'm not going to move slowly.." She said. Despite the lack of visibility she knew exactly where they were. The moment she stepped out of the cabin, she closed her eyes and thought about it for a split second, then took off left of the doorway. Her body called upon her breeding. Powerful legs moved as if the resistance meant nothing to her. Her fur laying in a manner that didn't allow much cold to chill her bones. With the force she moved with, it warmed her core body, her mind shutting out any pain in her toes. Locking out pain was a trained ability given to her by her mother's abuse, so it wasn't hard for her to ignore the cold. Her eyes split open just a little to look past the flurries as but she could. She didn't slow down, she kept at a constant even when the banks fought her, she wasn't going to allow this to stop her, mother nature wasn't going to stop her. Determination written all over her body.

She slowed as she came into the Mirror Lakes Villa, her body still bounding but at a slower rate. She moved down the thickly laid snow streets of the villiage. She came to an old town home where she stood on her hind legs and opened the simple door knob. It wasn't a round knob, it was more of a handle allowing her to paw open the door, the wind did the rest flinging it open. She quickly came inside, finally looking back to see if Kami kept up well enough. Being in is Secui form, she figured he could powerhouse through the snow more so than she could enabling him to keep up. Once he was inside she would shut the door forcefully, then shake off her pelt vigorously down to the tip of her tail. A slight groan, the only sign that the cold and wind was getting to her. In truth, she was freezing, but that didn't matter, her needs didn't matter.

Looking around she figured she needed to shift into her optime form. A process that took her but a full minute, if that. Shifting was something she did quite often, usually four times in a day. Optime form was the form she went into when caring for the horses, a job she did twice a day at the very least. Once she was complete in shifting her eyes looked around finding matches and lighting her Kerosene lamps allowing them to see. "Okay..the firewood is right there...we can probably put them in a book bag...which is..in the closet there.." As she spoke she pointed to the area's she spoke off; the grate next to the fireplace was full of some firewood, while along one wall there were a lot more stacked taking up the wall all the way to the window seal. Then the closet within the foyer area. "I'll go grab the neem oil..and ace wrap..." She didn't give him too much time to say anything after her last set of words as she took one of the lamps with her to the bathroom, where she began to rummage through the cabinet. It was then she remembered she had it at the bottom in the cabinet below the sink. She snatched it up then went into the bedroom where she grabbed a duffel bag thinking it will be useful. "..should I bring a pan? Maybe to make hot water?" She saw the pan thinking it could be needed, but she wasn't sure..it just seemed like a good idea.

<style>
.adonia-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.adonia-a01 b {color:#A3BED8;}
.adonia-a01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px; margin:5px 0px; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-color:#000000; border-width:1px; border-size:1px;}
.adonia-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.adonia-a01 {background-color:#0B1D2E; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/adoniabg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A6073; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:347px; margin:0 auto; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
Powerful legs propelled the dark wolf across the frozen tundra as though he was built specifically for the task at hand. His pace only keeping him a few steps behind Adonia as she moved through the snow drifts with a obvious determination in every step. The wolf he was following now was not the same as the one he had met on that hill as he dragged Ookamis broken body. No, whatever fear and shyness that the girl had displayed back then and later at the cabin had been quickly replaced by something stronger. Something motivated the wolf movements beyond the simple survival of a pack mate. Kamis golden eyes focused on his guide, doing his best to brush aside the pain of his aching muscles and the stinging cold of ice against his face. He didn't think any less of the girl for acting the way she did, she had been in shock and perhaps felt even helpless at the sight of Ookami. That feeling of being helpless was something Kami knew to be as dangerous as anything the elements could throw at them. Adonia seemed to have gotten the push she needed to break that mindset and judging by the speed they were traveling nothing was going to stop her from getting back to the cabin they had left behind.

As the reached their destination Kami entered Adonia's home without a second thought. Once again the golden eyed wolf found himself standing within a human den. Something that only a few weeks ago he would have avoided as if it were a dangerous animal, but things had changed since he entered the Valley. Instantly Adonia had taken off into the depths of her home, the soft glow of the lamps lightening up one by one as she reached them with a burning match in hand. He could not help but be impressed with the ease of which she was able to shift to her two legged form. The form did have its advantages, there was no arguing that but that didn't mean Kami had to like it. Following her direction he moved towards the closet, mimicking her movements as he jumped up and placed his large paw on the handle and let the door swing open. Sticking his head into the dark closet he found the bag lying open on the floor. His teeth grasping the soft fabric and dragged the bag out of the room and onto the floor near the wood that was neatly staked against the wall. His eyes focusing on the logs in front of him as his ear perked and turned towards the sound of Adonia, who was in some other room opening and closing small doors, on the hunt for something Kami could not see. His attention refocusing on his own duty as he found a dry piece of wood he thought would be small enough to fit into the bag he would have to use. His maw opening wide as he took the dry and splintered wood into his mouth, the taste of which was not pleasant by any means but it would burn well and that's what mattered.

Using one large paw to hold the bag to the floor Kami was able to shimmy the log into the back pack using a mixture of his nose and the top of his head. It was not an elegant process, but one by one he was able to fill bag with enough wood to last them the night anyway. As he set his eyes on what would be the last block to join them on their journey Adonia's voice came up from behind him. He turned to look up at the fem who now was standing even taller then himself "I think that would be a good idea, fresh water will be hard to come by if everything is frozen. his eye turning back to the wall as he mulled over a question that had been coming and going from his mind since they had entered the house. " You know tomorrow is never a guarantee for any of us. . ." his voice silenced as he took the last log into his mouth and dropped it on the floor with a soft thump. His eyes focused on the block of wood and the task of fitting it into the bag as he spoke " You may regret what you say some of the time, but I find. . ." and with one last push and a small grunt the log fit neatly into place, filling the bag completely " That you'll regret what you didn't say when you had the chance a lot more." with that the black wolf looked up and into the eyes of Adonia. He wasn't entirely sure of the relationship between this girl and Ookami, but he could guess. This was a bit of a odd thing for Kami, usually he was very blunt when speaking, but because of how this girl acted when he tried that once before a more subtle approach seemed appropriate. Of course if she didn't get it he had no problem spelling it out for her.

With that last word Kami took the straps of the bag and threaded his large head through them. Wearing the book bag like some odd shaped growth on his side which he could tell already would make for an uncomfortable journey back. " If you have any food here lets take that too. Otherwise lets get going. . .
.alltable { border:1px solid #E02842;background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/124egwj.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:450px;background-color:#D6BD9F;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em; line-height:1.4em;color:#493131; margin: 0 auto }
.boxxy { padding:10px 10px 180px 10px;}
.boxxy p {margin: 0; text-indent:30px; }
.boxxy b {color:#000;}</style>

She looked to Kami, and watched him for a moment before he answered, with that, she stuffed it in the duffel bag, then she turned ready to look for anything else that may come in handy. This idea was interrupted by something he begun to say, and she stopped, listening to what he had to say. Her mind begun to chew on where he was going with this, her head lifted and she twisted her neck so the right side of her face was looking at him. Her eyes dropped as he spoke more on what he was getting at. Was he going to apologize? Before she could decide, he finally finished. She tried to ignore the thought that came to her mind, he couldn't be talking about her and Ookami..could he? Was it obvious? She tried to hide it, to bury it, but surely something like that couldn't be hidden..well at least. Especially by her, she was awful at hiding her emotions when they were strong within her. She turned her neck back so she could hide her face from the emotions that bubbled within her. She drew in a long meditating breath. She didn't know what to say now, but her mind was now locked in uncertainty. She exhaled slowly like her breath was bated within her lungs, and finally she spoke..the best answer she could give, "...you're right.." Her voice was faint with distracted thoughts.

For the short moment that was the conversation of broken hidden messages, she felt like it dragged out for hours, but then he spoke of food, and she again responded, "..okay.." She said still in distracted thought, and she moved to the kitchen area she rarely, if ever, used. She opened the back door, reminding her just how much colder it was outside. There she brushed away the large amounts of snow and grabbed the parts she had of venison and whole rabbits. In truth she never liked to kill, but when she did, she asked forgiveness and thanks for taking a life. She didn't know who, and what she was speaking to when she did it, all she knew was it felt right to do. Adonia cherished life, all forms. Even the smallest bug, when aware of it, she did everything in her own power to avoid harming, or letting harm come of the small creature. She knew though, she was a wolf..well wolfdog, but she needed to eat, but if she could she wouldn't eat living things, but it was what she was built for..it was the only way to live healthy and happy.

As she picked up and packed away the frozen kill, or parts of a kill, she thought about how she had to hunt, and all the prey she took to store up for the harsh winter. She said her private thanks again, then zipped up the bag. She took plenty of prey, as much that would fit in the duffel bag. A few rear legs of does she had cut in order to pack them neatly at her rear door, then a large amount of rabbits. She hoped that she wouldn't run out during this storm, but she wouldn't allow anyone to go hungry..she'd starve before letting another go without.

She returned to Kami, the duffel bag slung over her shoulders and hanging on her back. She then thought it best to downshift, and she took a form, she rarely, if ever had used. Her Sucei form. She couldn't recall if she ever used it, but now she would. It wasn't a pretty form in her mind, but in this weather, she could use all the power she could muster to get back to Ookami...

"..let's go."

[/html]
OCC: A little bit of god modding, but I wanted to get everyone back into the RP :3

He watched the girl as she left the room to go retrieve the rest of the supplies. She had little to say about his statement, but he preferred it that way. The two words she had replied with was enough to put his questions to rest and he felt confident that the message he had tried to relay was something she understood. As he sat there in the hallway of her home, a heavy bag of lumber weighing against his side the exhaustion from the night had begun settling in. His one perked ear was starting to drop slightly to the side as the golden eyes normally so alert and vivid became half lidded and tired. The energy of the dark wolf was not limitless and fighting the blizzard for the past few hours had taken its toll.

As the wolfess appeared around the corner, carrying the duffel bag across her back Kami's expression quickly returned to its normal disposition. Unwavering and alert he watched as she shifted into the larger Secui form, once again impressed at how she so easily accomplished the change. The tip of his muzzle nodding slightly as she declared herself ready to travel once again. Breathing in deeply, the black wolf fought the weight of the dried logs on his side and lept upwards. His paws catching the latch of the door and letting it swing inwards. The bitter bite of frozen ice and wind against his body as he stepped outside and once again into the blizzard. Knowing that with the added weight the pair would not be able to travel as quickly back to the cabin as they did coming from it.

Looking over his shoulder only once, making sure Adonia was behind him before he began to take off. The route that Adonia had led him on still fresh in his mind as the traveled back to their injured packmates. The exhaustion and constant weight on his left side was making Kami off balance. His footsteps becoming increasingly staggered as he stumbled through the snow, pushing through the storm with Adonia trailing closely behind. He tried to block out the pain and exhaustion that found it's way into every muscle. His focus only on the goal of reaching the cabin, With the soft glow of the cabin in sight he couldn't help but grin. Jace must have performed the task she had been given well. There was little chance the fire could have kept going on unattended this long and the idea that both of the wolves were safe was refreshing.

As Kami reached the worn and weathered door of their temporary sanctuary he lowered his head as the door opened. Allowing the snow and cold to enter the dwelling as he stood off to the side, panting heavily waiting for Adonia to step inside.
.outside { border:1px solid #9E9355;background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/1e78le.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:450px;background-color:#D5CDA8;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em; line-height:1.4em;color:#546e40; margin: 0 auto }
.content{ padding:10px 10px 180px 10px;}
.content p {margin: 0; text-indent:30px; }
.content b {color:#5F5442;}</style>

The moment he moved forward, she wasn't far behind, the extra weight upon her body pushed from her mind, she wouldn't think about it, knowing it would play with her. The only thing she focused on was getting back to Ookami. It was what fueled her with that look of determination, her legs moving over and over with little difference in the stride, her body felt the pain of exhaustion, her muscles ached, but she wouldn't allow them rest, not until she came to the cabin, not until she went inside. Her eyes almost wanted to cry from the pain of the cold that was just now becoming too much for her coat to handle, only adding pain to her muscles. No, she wouldn't allow it, she steeled her stare.

Her eyes found the light glow of the cabin windows, her her heart beat became a little higher, and her eyes nearly showed the spark of joy. She moved a little faster wanting to get inside, wanting to see how Ookami was doing, if he was still out, or maybe awake. Either way, she was going to go inside. She was nearly glued to Kami's side when he walked in. When she saw Ookami, she nearly lost focus and wanted to just go to him, to look him over and see how he was feeling, but the duffel bag reminded her to stay on track.

Dropping her head she lowered her upper body letting it slide off. Her chest expanding and contracting at a higher rate than normal as her tongue lolled out in exhaustion. Her body shivering trying to warm itself. She looked at the back knowing she needed to be in her Optime form to do anything that would be of most aid. She was just so tired though, but a voice came into her head, a voice that wouldn't let up. ...you're useless..you can't do anything.. Then the voice snorted at her. Anger filled her expression, it wasn't to anyone but herself. No..I'm not going to give in..no! She shifted into her Optime form, her body feeling like it would fall, but she steeled herself. She was going to do everything she could, she would do everything that needed to be done.

She didn't speak a word as she opened the duffel back, and pushed past the still frozen prey, pulling out the iron pot. She placed it down, then got out the gauze and ace bandages. She wished there was alcohol, her father had taught her it is good for fighting infections in wounds, but they didn't have it..not that she knew of. She'd ask later, the neem oil should be good enough for now. It was then she moved herself to the side pocket pulling out the neem oil. It was too cold. Standing she picked up the pot and went to the door. Taking a deep breath she opened it and kneeled down quickly filling the pot with snow and slamming the door shut.

She wasn't ready to stop yet, and she continued with her mission speechless as usual. All she wanted to do was sleep, she was tired, but she didn't show it. She continued to the fire, her eyes looking to Ookami with a light smile, then looked over his body again. A light worried sigh from her before she sat by the fire and held out the pot watching the snow melt, and patiently waiting for it to boil. It was then, her body showed small signs that she was worn out, but her eyes continued to show determination.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character, Word Count, Etc.

Ookami yelped as his ankle was popped back into it's socket. He whimpered a bit and licked his ankle gently. He looked back up at Jace, and seeing the want of forgiveness in her eyes he smiled. Thank you Jace." He smiled again then jumped slightly as the door swung open. He watched as Kami and Adonia came into the cabin. They both had overstuffed bags around them and Adonia set to work quickly. She didn't seem tired at first then as she did more and sat by the fire to melt some water, Ookami saw the tiredness sink in. He felt bad that these three wolves had come to his rescue. They were all so tiered and worn out. He lay his head on the bed, keeping his eyes on Adonia the whole time.

"Welcome back Adonia... and Kami." He gave a small smile, he didn't feel like he was going to pass out anytime soon, he just felt tiered. He wanted to curl up and sleep. He wanted to lay with Adonia like that day at his tree, her his laying over his front legs, with his chin gently resting on the top of her head. That is what he wanted. He felt like moving towards her to be with her but as soon as he tried to move his foot he whimpered and stopped where he was. He hurt too much to try to comfort his beloved Adonia. This is not a feeling that Ookami liked. He gave up, pouting about it, and being angry at himself. He tried to stay awake the best he could. He wanted to be awake for Adonia. So he kept his eyes glued to her, and the only thing that kept him awake was her presence and scent.

<style type="text/css">
.ookamiautu-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.ookamiautu b {font-weight:bold; color:#689797; letter-spacing:1px}
.ookamiautu p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ookamiautu {margin:0 auto; background-color:#24528b; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2igj9rc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#518bba; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #041b2e; margin:0 auto;}
</style> 
[/html]
[html]

sorry for taking so long and sorry for the fail post

Jace smiled as Ookami thanks her, her head whipped around at the slam of the door. She heaved a huge sigh as Kami and Adonia re-entered the cabin, it was partly relief that they returned safely and partly the exhaustion that rolled through her. Her mind no longer concerned for them it settled onto the cold hard ball within her stomach, the guilt that she felt, her eyes turned to the possible luperci laying next to her. It would be her fault if he turned, her fault that she ruined his life and made him into something that he might abhor and despise personally. Her ears sank down as did her head to the mattress on which she laid.

She ignored the rumbling in her stomach that gnawed and burned, it would serve herself right if she ended up sick or if she should die. So absorbed in her feelings and thoughts she did not notice as the world around her began to drift away in a nauseating display on color and sound that spiraled over and under itself. Her vision dimmed down alarmingly before lightening back up, it did this for a few times before dimming all together as she slipped into unconsciousness.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
</style>[/html]