How to balance ...
I am starting to feel very frustrated that I haven't been able to really get into another character. At first I thought it was because I had such a love for Ever that I just couldn't find the muse for anyone else. But I am slowly realizing that I may be to busy for another life. Despite that fact, I refuse to just let another character go or just admit I can't handle it. I really do want to have several other chances at another character that I can build and grow just like Ever, but I need some help or suggestions.
How many threads do you have with Ever? Is it possible you're overloading yourself with Ever while leaving little room for your secondary character? I know if I had everyone with 10 threads I'd just die. x_x 30 is too much for me -- crazy people like Shaw can have that many threads, of course, but not everyone can sustain such a blistering pace, for sure!

Is it possible that the characters you're bringing in are just difficult to play? :o It was you who picked up Spyridon, right (memoryFAIL, jesus). And you currently play Brex? Hm. Well, Spyr wasn't very well-connected to other characters, right? :\ I sucked with Rurik at the time, and there really aren't a lot of Russos on-board... Brex is a creature, and they're always more difficult to play, in my opinion -- especially prey creatures like deer. They tend to be damn stupid, and it has got to be difficult for you to find threads with other canine characters and avoid Brex getting eaten. X3 Maybe if you try a character who is very well-connected, with at least one or two other people to plot with you and keep you interested...?
I find it easier to have a character that is already involved with the board, such as one from the open characters thread. I didn't do that with Yuki, but I slowly began to realize that she was becoming a bit difficult for me. Over time I eased myself in to her, and I got more and more involved with plots n' stuff. But some times it's hard to start of with nothing.

What I tend to do while posting is reply to all the threads I can with the character I've been neglecting lately- Then switch over to the character that I've had more muse for. After answering to a thread or two I usually get into the feel of that character, which helps as well. We usually tend to favor certain threads, which can lead to problems. If you find that you can't bring yourself to reply to a certain thread at a given moment, skip it! It would be kind to come back to it after you've gone through the list once, though.

Switching back and forth between characters to quickly is also an issue, which is why I do it the way I do. Some times the emotions you were trying to express through another character starts to show through on a different post.. And that may lead to confusion. ;-;

Hoped at least SOME of that helped. If not then I apologize for rambling. D:
Both of you had really good advice, and now that you mention it, the history of my players does seem less exciting. It was indeed me who picked up Spyridon, and for awhile I really considered making him my main because he was a nice refreshment, but eventually I couldn't keep up. Recently, this is not so much this case, more of me being lazy because I can't get in character.

Unfortunately, I suppose I should drop yet another character and take some serious time to find one that I can easily slip into. I really do miss Spy, but with Rurik gone he would be lost and so would I. Adopting a character is a decent option (maybe a D'Angelo xD) but I can't seem to find one that fits my needs.

Now it's me rambling! But I really appreciated your help. I was just feeling very exhausted trying to find muse for my characters.
Maybe instead of adopting persay (specially with the massive D'Angelo clan) perhaps you can talk with existing and see if there is wiggle room to add in a charrey... like you make it to your specifications or whatever but end up giving it the name and relations of the family. Kinda like I had Selene already and end up giving her random babies which is who Ouija, Demi, and Juju came about. With Ouija being in the cult, if you are looking for a pup, Ouija could have fathered some babies that he doesn't know about (if you want to use that premise) because it was all free love and hardly anyone knows who their dad is. You know, see if someone had a random tryst down the line and if babies could have resulted or what not
I'm having the exact same problem Fae, I feel your pain.

I completely agree with the advice that was given here. Find a really good plot partner and just go crazy with plots, it was the difference between having a lot of fun and having second thoughts for me :\

Before I even joined with Kemo I was lucky because I saw a thread request that was advertising Ralla needing a mate. I was going to contact Rachel (Ralla) about it, but strangely she beat me to it and contacted me through PM and we started talking about that. I offered Kemo, she accepted, and thus the awesome epic Kemo plots were born, so I was having so much fun with Kemo I figured I could add another character. One day I was talking to Fy'Ra and we were both in a thread with Kemo and Sepirah, and she wanted Kemo to be Sepirah's mate, but I let her know about Kemo all ready being planned to be with Ralla, so I offered to make a mate for Sepirah because I felt bad for disappointing her. Thus Revan was born, but ever since I brought him in I've had problems plotting with him and rping with him. I don't know why, I love Revan, but I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I don't have a Rachel plotting out crazy awesome plots with me for Revan, so I'm just trying to wing it as I go. That's totally not working for me, and as a result I'm just trying to make do with him, even though it's such a struggle to even finish a post with him most of the time.

Anytime you need help with anything let me know <3