I feel safe
p.

The storm had died down after the days of endless winds and harsh snow. Destruction came along as it's companion. Eagle Tower, some of the cabins have fallen, the lakes were flooded, chaos was upon Phoenix Valley. However, finally, it had stopped for now, hopefully for good. In a cabin that wasn't destroyed, in which belonged to Pendzez and his mate, Xeris, a fire was burning warmly, crackling as the wood burned in the flames to keep it alive.

The door opened and a white figure walked in and closed it, bringing with him some chopped wood from outside, placing them infront of the fire, so they could be fed to the flames later. The white male walked to the side of the bed, sitting on the edge of the side, looking down to another figure that was on the bed, whom was his mate, recovering from her injuries from the fallen barn.
[html]

sorry for the wait. shall we backdate this to the night the storm is ending?

Xeris was resting and pretty much had been doing so non-stop since the accident at the barn. She felt guilty for causing Jefferson to strain his scarred body to rescue her, but was thankful that he had been there. Her head throbbed with pain, the gash across her forehead still red and raw. Gradually, much of the pain had subsided, but it was still there and probably would be for a while.

The white wolfess opened her eyes wearily at the sudden addition of extra weight on the bed. She looked up at Pendzez, her golden eyes meeting his red ones, and gave a weak smile. "How is it out there?" she asked, referring to both the weather and the level of damage done to the territory. The barn and the ranch house probably weren't the only things affected. She knew that there was a bit of damage done to the cabin, but not enough to knock it down completely.

[/html]
OOC: that will be ok. Sorry for the slight delay

He had gazed at Xeris as she seemed to be awake. Within that moment, he gave her a warming smile, his hand reaching to gently rub and carress her cheek. He could see she was still in a lot of pain. Injuries like these, of course it would. She would have died at Eagle Tower if Jefferson had not been there with her. Not only was the white male relieved that she was still alive, he was very thankful to Jefferson for bringing her here.

He looked out the nearest window as his hand sort of slipped away from her cheek, staring at nothing but the trees that surrounded the cabin. It was for the trees that the cabin took little damage. He did good to choose this small refuge. "Things have calmed. The storm had dispersed. There are some collapsed trees and the cabin has taken a hit along the side, the lakes have also flooded. That's all I know at the moment." He looked back to her to give that same warming smile. "What about you, my love?"
[html]

Xeris was grateful for his presence, she always was. It was comforting to have someone as strong and loving as Pendzez with her, and though her body still ached, her mind was relatively at ease. She listened as he relayed what information he had. At least the terrible storm seemed to have subsided. Xeris hoped that something like this would never happen again. She figured Pendzez hadn't strayed far from the cabin since her accident and so she wondered--and feared--what else could have happened in the territory.

"Is the cabin damaged too badly?" she asked, though she knew it couldn't have been too terrible if the walls hadn't been pierced and the roof hadn't fallen in. There were probably other cabins damaged as well. They were lucky; if such a storm could tear the roof off of the barn, it could surely smash a cabin to pieces. Pendzez asked how she was doing, and she gave him a bit of a smile before responding. "A little better. Just sore. Do you have some medicines or something?" She knew that he was skilled in healing, and perhaps he could find something to soothe some of her pain.

[/html]
From his examination of the damage done to the cabin, he found little damage, nothing a few bits of wood can't fix. He was lucky to choose this cabin. The trees surrounding it still in the ground, so they provided some protecting to the wooden structure. When he salvaged up some wood from either fallen cabins or bits and pieces, they could be useful to the minor repair. "No, just minor damage. The trees surrounding us provided some protection"

For pain medicine, he did have something that came to mind that was used for pain killers. He went to his sacks he kept in the corner, he reached inside to one and pulled out a particularly strange looking piece of bark. Taking a small knife from his belt, he put the bark on a thick that was on the table. He chopped up the bark into small pieces. With the bark cut up, he then started mashing them into smaller shards, picking up the board and tipping the shards into a small pot, picking up a wooden long handled ladle and mixed it around. He put the small pot of water on the fire with a steel pole with a hook on the end, hanging it on a thick steel hook sticking out from the back "White Willow Bark. Acts as an aspirin. It will help with your pain"
[html]

ooc: Carwyn needs to do things so I am bringing him in. XD Feel free to PP him if you want.

Her mate informed her that the cabin was mostly safe, which was good. They were fortunate; had something such as what happened at the ranch occurred in the cabin they would need to find somewhere else to stay, and with Xeris in this condition that would have been difficult.

As she watched Pendzez preparing some medicine, Xeris suddenly heard the wind outside intensify in volume, and she turned her eyes to the door, which suddenly was forced open. With some difficulty, as the door was still a bit blocked by snow, Carwyn made his way into the little cabin, a bundle of wood under his arm, and finally pushed the door closed. "I've brought more wood," he said to Pendzez, looking proud of himself. "Oh, hello, Mother! Are you feeling better?" Xeris smiled and looked at her son--her only remaining child in Phoenix Valley--before replying, "Hello, Carwyn. Yes, I'm feeling a bit better. Why don't you go help your father with what he's doing." The boy nodded, and moved closer to the fire, peering curiously at the pot which Pendzez was heating.

[/html]
it's cool Smile pardon my slight delay.

With the shards of White Willow in the pot, now boiling in the water, he brushed his hands together as he went back to the chopping board. He brushed it off with a paw, and put it aside where he had it before. Now, he checked on the boiling water, which had the white willow in it. With a ladle, he stirred it around to get it mixing in.

Suddenly, the door opened, and he was met a slight chill. It closed again, to reveal that his son, Carwyn, had walked in, carrying some wood under his arm. He gave a smile as he went back to stirring the white willow, hearing a little chat between him and his mother. Soon, Carwyn came over to inspect the pot. "What's in that, Father?" Pendzez looked down to his son "Medicine, for your mother. Some good herbs. "Ok. Hey Father, when do ya think Delwyn and Xion might back home?" It was then that Pendzez stopped in a temporary pause. He looked Xeris, giving the expression, "um... not sure..."
[html]

not necessarily implying that I want to ditch Car, though we could have him poof and thus not have to deal with him being an NPC...though I do kind of like him XD

Xeris smiled over in the direction of her son and her mate momentarily, before laying back on the pillow once more and closing her eyes. She listened to the two males speak, relaxing and perhaps getting ready to go back to sleep, but then suddenly heard Carwyn say something that she would rather not have heard. Her golden eyes snapped back open and she looked over to meet Pendzez's gaze briefly before sitting back up slightly and looking at her son. She sighed sadly, before speaking up; it was her fault that Xion was gone, after all.

Though Carwyn was just as old as his siblings, he was still a bit naive--a trait he had inherited from his mother--so she tried to explain to him in a simple way. "Your siblings have...gone elsewhere. You know how Delwyn always enjoyed going on his little adventures, I'm sure he will return at some point. I know that Xion hasn't gone far either. She planned to explore the mountains north of here." She paused now, frowning. It was difficult for her to accept that only one of her three children was still living in Phoenix Valley; she imagined this was not easy for Pendzez or Carwyn either. "Carwyn, if you ever wanted to...go somewhere, you always could. I know it must get lonely for you here, without your brother and sister. And your father and I love you very much, but if you want to be like your siblings and go off on some adventure...I don't think there's much we can do to stop you."

[/html]
if all goes well at the end of the month after the rank shuffle, I'll see about taking the role of Carwyn.

The conversation seemed to be going in a good direction until his son had mentioned Xion and Delwyn. Pendzez had not seen in quite a time. Indeed, Xion has gone to explore the northern mountains, and Delwyn... Well, Delwyn was always the adventurous type. He had hoped that Delwyn hasn't gone off to explore a dangerous area, like Inferni. That would be the last thing that the Zazkex's would need.

He looked to Xeris as she explained about how, if Carwyn wanted to, the young Zazkex could leave whenever he wanted, without parental interference. Pendzez found it difficult because Carwyn was the last of the three children. He like felt, he didn't want him to go, be the third and final to leave his parents. Pendzez, in a way, would be upset, even maybe in tears, but like his mate said, if the boy wanted to, then that was his choice. Even the boy seemed a little silent about this. "Your mother is right, Carwyn. It's your choice." However, the boy smiled and replied, "No... not yet. I don't think I'm ready"