Going Under
[html]
dalhousie library :3

After the storm, Element had spent a lot of time recuperating - hunting, trying to dry the books; anything that the sable-shaded feline could do to take his mind off of the discovery of Flower's killer. It had been a woman named Halo, Halo Lykoi, a coyote that had stolen the beautiful, bright life from his beloved Flower like it had been nothing but a fly on the wall or a mouse scurrying through the bushes. Rage had flowed through Element that day; he had read about seeing red and had thought that red symbolized anger, but that day, he realized that he was wrong. That day, ugly, black rage had pulsed through Element, coursing through his veins like a thick, sickly black tar, tainting his blood with fury. He had not seen red, but black, as though his entire world had been washed of color and his only target was her.

Element had seen depths that day, hidden depths that he had not known were contained within him. The ebony feline had known the song of joy, the emptiness of despair, the gravity and sheer force of love, and now he knew the black, blinding mind-control that was pure rage. He had attacked the woman without a second thought - the memory, the mirage, the sweet, honeyed scent of Flower allowed him to do nothing different - he had attacked her without hesitation, without regard for her obvious strength, skill, and swords that were concealed in their sheaths. The only reason he was there, contemplating in the Halifax library that was his dwelling, was because of Sepirah Lykoi, who had saved him from the murderer.

It was a strange thing, that. Two Lykois - one had stolen life without regard, and would have done it again, and yet another saved him from the coyote and his own blindness. Element never thought he would utterly lose control like that - and yet, he had, even if it was for a sake as righteous and justified as it was. He had never thought that he would meet the murderer of his love and life, and then be saved by another of the same last name. Two of the same family, yet of very, very different personalities and morals.

The ebony feline now sat on his window ledge, staring outside; it was darkening. A day drawing to a close, just like another chapter of Element's life. He closed his eyes and sat serenely still, his tail wrapped around his body, his paws tucked underneath his chest, and his ears pricked forward; the very incarnate of muddled thoughts under a veil of peace.

<style type="text/css">
.elementdark b {font-weight:normal; color:#49e349; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementdarkooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementdark p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementdark {margin:0 auto; width:409px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntdark.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 340px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#jadore {width: 400px; background: #b6daae url('http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a428/schattenjager/Graphics/Souls/jadorebg.png') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 280px; border: 1px solid #77918f; font-family: "georgia", serif; font-size: 8pt; color: #6e435e;}
#jadore p {line-height: 10pt; margin-left: 10px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; text-align: justify;}
#jadore .ooc {color: #77918f; text-align: right;}
#jadore .speak {color: #77918f;}
</style>

Hi!

J'adore was out again. He really should have spent more time in AniWaya lands, but he wasn't the type to sit still. Once again he was in the library. He was trying to find some new books, he had read a great deal of them more than once and was running sort of ones he hadn't read.

He lifted his thin muzzle up as he walked down a shelved corridor, books reached all the way to the ceiling. His Lupus form was always his favourite for trotting around, some parts of human buildings were over run by plants, and even his Optime form had trouble manouvering the debries. His secui form was way to bulky as well, which left his thin, flexible Lupus form to route his way. Due to his Lupus form's shape, many thought he was of coyote heritage, he was not however. He was full wolf

As he entered a room, his eyes were draw to a window across from the doorway. There was a black shape lying on the window ledge. At first the Spaniard thought it was Gunnar, but he was with Valinta, asleep.

[b]'Hello'[b] he said, not wanting to alarm, what he now saw was a feline, due to his eyes becoming acustomed to the dark.

[/html]
[html]

Lost in thoughts foreign to Element, he did not notice the canine come in until he heard the click-click-click of a dog's nails scraping against the floor. He opened one emerald eye and trained it on the canine that had come through the door to the library; he was in a thin, wiry Lupus form that maneuvered easily through the rubble. He was a dark orange, and his fur was adorned with black; his eyes, however, sported a clear white color. Element didn't have to wait long for the canine to speak, and he uttered a hello only seconds after Element spotted him.

"Hello," the ebony feline replied; on a normal day, he would have said it with more vigor or interest, but today, he was a shell of his former self; he hadn't gotten over that strange day with the two Lykois when his anger had almost gotten him killed. He didn't regret it, however - he didn't regret it at all. And if he saw that Lykoi again...the ebony feline didn't know what he would do. He didn't know what he would do at all.

He shook the dark thoughts from his head and focused on the visitor; it'd be rude to ignore him. "Are you here for a book?" he asked pleasantly. He gestured around the library. "There are many that weren't damaged by the storm."

His eyes wandered over to the books that lay drying on the other window shelf parallel to Element's; they were looking better each day, and Element was glad because of it. Many of them the sable feline hadn't read yet, and he would have been sad if he didn't get a chance to delve into their many leaves. It would distract him from his whirling thoughts and take him to a place he had not yet adventured to.

<style type="text/css">
.elementdarkooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementdark {margin:0 auto; width:409px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntdark.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 340px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 200+

'I was, but maybe I'll let them ones dry off first' he smiled, his head nodding towards the shelves. He had many books, it wasn't like he need more anyhow.

He took off his bag and placed it on a round circular table, before seating himself in a chair. He pulled over a book and began to read. But his attention was only fixated on the text for a few seconds before he lifted his head, 'I'm not interupting am I?' He did not want to irritate the feline as he seemed, bothered by something.

The book was an interesting one. Mainly scribing the architecture of the eighteen hundreds, but little else. He moved on to the next book, this one was something with which J'adore was familiar with, 'The History of Spain'. He smiled and put the book in his bag, before picking up another, but he paused before reading the cover, 'I'm J'adore Austral, by the way'. His words were steady and friendly, calm though his mind was racing with the the list of things he had to do, places he had to go to, people he had to see. I'll have to get a secretary one of thses days, he mused in the silence.

<style type="text/css">
.jadoreFIRE b {font-weight:bold; color:#fd7a20; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jadoreFIRE .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.jadoreFIRE p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jadoreFIRE {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4z9iq.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 290px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ab310a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
sorry for the wait!

Element was impressed at how the golden-hued male respected the books; he let them dry as he meandered over to a small, circular table, dropped off his bag, and proceeded to sit down and read a non-damaged book. Element closed his eyes again; the only sounds for a few seconds was the gentle, crisp noise of a page turning that the ebony feline loved so much. Soon, however, the silence was broken by a question asked by the orange male, and Element opened one eye as he answered.

"Not at all," the cat said. He shook off all thoughts of the horror that had happened a few days before, and instead focused on the book the man was reading; it was a nonfiction book of the eighteenth century for humans. Element had never read it, but he had delved into some other short history pieces about the humans, and found it quite interesting. Their architecture, how it changed over the years, how discoveries were made - everything about what they did was extraordinary, all the way up to when they went too far and extinguished themselves on accident. Element wondered how far the Luperci race would go before they made the same fatal mistake - if they did at all.

He opened the other emerald eye to gaze at the man as he revealed his name; J'adore Austral. "I am Element," he said simply as the man put a book into his pack; a book about Spain. "Do you read often?" he asked inquisitively, noting at the pace and amount of books the man was putting into his pack. He admired those who read a lot, and although he sported no prejudice against those who didn't, he was always willing to open someone's eyes about the wonder and beauty captured inside books. He was sure this man could read, however, as he had seemed to have taken two books already.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#jadore {width: 400px; background: #b6daae url('http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a428/schattenjager/Graphics/Souls/jadorebg.png') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 280px; border: 1px solid #77918f; font-family: "georgia", serif; font-size: 8pt; color: #6e435e;}
#jadore p {line-height: 10pt; margin-left: 10px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; text-align: justify;}
#jadore .ooc {color: #77918f; text-align: right;}
#jadore .speak {color: #77918f;}
</style>

This table is for J'adore Austral! Big Grin

J'adore nodded, 'Whenever I find time to' he said definately, 'Sadly pack life has been hectic since the storm and my duties take up a great deal of any time I have for myself, and then there is the case of my son' he paused, taking a few short, slow breaths and finishing his sentence, 'But whenever I can read, I do'. Gunnar was quite considerate, he was often seen curled up in his fathers arms while the Spaniard leafed through a book. But all children got bored and soon it was play time again.

Books were a thing he had treasured throughout his life. Even as a pup confined to Lupus form, he would find various things to prop open a book with and turn the fresh pages with. He had many books, most of which were cluttered around his home, but were being slowly tidied up by Gunnar and J'adore himself whenever his adopted son ventured over from Cercatori.

It would be much easier when, or if, Valinta decided to change packs, Gunnar was unsettled, not holding a place in either pack, it was time she did what was best for him. She would still be able to see her friends, he would let her invite them into their home, he would do whatever made her happy. Full stop.

J'adore pulled over another book, this time a fantasy book about forest creatures. It was a childs tale but either way J'adore would read it, and perhaps Gunnar would like it. His son tended to pick up on things fast and could already read basic words. J'adore was determind that his on would be literate when he was older, for it had aided the tan male greatly.

[/html]