Critique Please?
Personally, I fail at drawing on the computer. But both of my parents are artists so I did inherit some good skills offline, I think.

Anyway, I would like to have the following drawing of my future character, Citlali Kimaris-Etalpalli, tossed about and assessed.

I am not really looking for drawing critique, although it is always appreciated and I can see a million details I need to change (that's what I get for only spending a couple hours on it), but I would like some character feedback. I am willing to add and change some things on him.

A little background knowledge on him is that he is 100% coyote, which explains his leaner figure in the picture. He is obsessed with making jewelry/weaving and his religion leads him to worshiping the moon. Citlali is also completely in love with feathers and birds which is why he added on to his last name, Etalpalli, meaning wing.

I apologize for the darkness. I used Photoshop to darken the lines since our scanner is dead. And excuse the little notes; I was too lazy to color.

Please, thank you, and enjoy. <3

Citlali
Hm! I'm gonna shove this over to Help and Discussion if you're looking for character-based feedback rather than artistic critique. :3 At least, that's what I understood from your post~

I think he looks really good, and interesting -- the adornments are fabulous and I loves his tattoos! All of the feathers will be interesting -- does he dye his feathers or color them? :3 You could think about tying this into his feathery obsession somehow -- the serpent would be feminine-representative according to Eternian culture... but hm. I wasn't sure how into the religion you wanted him to be? :O I wanted Tlantli, Miqui, Imacai, and Xo to be more sheltered from it, but nothing stopping Citlali from being all "zomg religion!" If so, one reference to feathers in the Eterne religion would be:

Quote:Quecholli — (lit. "precious feather") ceremony in which the new Mamexi is crowned as such, fed some blood from the previous Mamexi, eats peyote on a "vision quest."

Since the literal translation of the name is precious feather, I'd have no problem specifying more detail about the ceremony -- e.g., having the crown constructed from feathers or made in the shape of feathers, something like that, and maybe specially-trained priests (Citlali maybe having studied to be one?) for that specific ceremony? :3 That'd probably mean he would be a lot more into the religion, but that's your choice! He could also just have idolized these types of people/that ceremony and developed his feather-obsession from there. :o

The only thing that appears a bit awkward to me, maybe, is the lack of a necklace? :3 He has adornments basically everywhere else -- I'd think he should wear something around his neck! Maybe a metal (or obsidian, since I searched up on that last night and it originates in the Eternian area and would be okay for Luperci to work with) pendant in the shape of a feather. :o

Hope that helps you! >D
I like your character design! There's lots of fancy details and I like that (no, really?)!

Just make sure his background checks out when it comes to how old he must've gotten to learn to make such intricate things, and also how he knows how and where to get materials for the stuff he makes! Otherwise Sie pretty much said it all, as usual Tongue

What is his background and stuff? Does he come from an area where it'd be natural for him to learn these skills and pick up that religion?
I have no real character critique for you, Fae, but ooo! He looks nifty, and I never knew you were such a good drawer! <3

I love that awesome feather foot adornment. It looks so deliciously tribal. You listed one of his talents as weaving - Why not replace his leather bag for a reed woven one? I figure that might display the skills he has efficiently, and it would be far less common than the leather satchels that everybody and their mama seems to own O:

Anyway. Can't wait to see more of him!
Thank you for the thought everyone, I really appreciate them.
I haven't had time to fill out his profile at all, but today I will start and defiantly incorporate your ideas.

For Sie, that link was really interesting, but you're right, serpents are female and lizards are male. I think I will have him keep the natural colors of the feathers, except find some extravagant ones like Stellar Jay or Dove. As for his religion, Kiki and I decided since he really had no proper understanding of it, under the exposure to Tla's own practices, he ended up worshiping and practicing a twisted version of it. Which explains his worship over the moon instead of the sun. This also helps to explain why he wouldn't know many things about the religion but only his own type. I fiddled around with a necklace a little bit; one with feathers, one with a moon pendant (which ended up on his wrist), but I don't think I found the right one. I like the obsidian feather idea a lot, since he is quite into his work.

His background, or as to why he is passionately into weaving and jewelry making comes from Tla. He was born in secret to Dieriel but shipped away to her half sisters and brothers because of her crazy brother, per say. To keep him from asking questions or getting into trouble, Tla set him to work on many hobbies where he discovered weaving and jewelry making. In my understanding, Tla knew a bit about her own leather works so she taught him a few things to get him going. He will be joining with her, in the pack I don't know for sure, since she is the only motherly figure he had.

Alaine, I love the reed bag idea! I can think of so many pretty things he can add and hide in there. :O