This love is only gonna break your heart
[html]
you calm the storms, and you give me rest... [ooc]

[bic] ...you hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.

Their own pack. It was such a strange concept. Naniko had been ready and willing to help Laruku run Clouded Tears...but then, she'd lived there for a year and a half. She knew that place. This place she was still unfamiliar with, there being a few miles that were still unexplored. She'd been to the lake a few times, and now it was becoming a regular spot for her to relax. Hunger growled in her stomach as she went--maybe she'd stop and hunt for something while she was out here.

The light colored female gave a yawn as she stopped walking, looking out at the waters of the lake. Finally, after a week of decision making and planning...they were a pack.

[/html]
It was hard for the male to think that everything that Jadded Shadow had been, a home, a life, and habit...it was all gone, in one nasty wave of fire. He was thankful for everything that had been placed in front of him this passed week, he found his really self..the father, the pack member, and the best friend. The black male sighed as he saw her looking into the water, she looked deep in thought, she was his leader...she was his Alpha...it was odd, but yet standing there looking into the water, lost deep in thoughts, he saw her...the only female that he was able just to be friends with.

"Naniko!" Lucifer was glad that they would have some time to just talk about things, since the fire had attacked the lands. He needed to do it, with her. Not Deuce, not Conri...her.
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... ized-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She sat down next to the water, dipping one paw in. Not too bad. This lake was actually kind of nice, compared to the old one...it wasn't quite as foggy. She did like the fog in Clouded Tears, yes, but some days it had been more of a nuisance to the wolves that had lived there. It made hunting difficult unless the winds were in your favor. Here, she was fine with hunting anywhere on the territory. The lake even drew in prey, as a source of hydration.

Naniko looked down at what she knew had to be fish, their shadows moving lazily beneath the surface. They kept her attention until she heard her name. She turned, looking back, spotting Lucifer. "Hey!" She grinned as he approached, turning to greet him. "How've you and Deuce been doing?"

[/html]
OOC: My cat's beating me up....

IC:

The male pulled back away cringing seeing that he had started the fish that she was trying to get. The male rushed over nuzzling her, glad still that she was alive, and able to look at him every day with a smile. She knew that he had found his greatest joys only days before the fire. The male laughed shaking his head, she was fishing the wolf way. She never though of making it easier on her-self.

"We're doing great. The boys are growing like....weeds. I can't wait to have a huge pack hunt and take them out. Something safe course. Like Ducks....Yeah ducks. Hows Conri and you?" He hoped that she would have some great new one day of her own, it would be nice for her to have pups, and have the first litter of the lands, she was the lady of the lands after all. Lucifer and Deuce where the last one's to have pups in the pack they belonged to.

Looking down to the water the male looked back to the white lady."You know there are ways to get fish that make it easier on you. I could teach you, and help you set it up."
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... ized-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Fish weren't too hard to catch, for an experienced wolf, but Naniko still had a lot of burns on her body that made it a little harder for her. She couldn't stretched out all the way to reach into the water even if she wanted to. She'd heard about certain human contraptions that could catch fish, and could remember using one before to fish off the old bridge in Clouded Tears...but she hadn't seen one in a long time.

"That's great news. Soon enough they'll be adults like the rest of us--it's a scary thought. We should enjoy them while they're young" She grinned. Naniko had always had a love for pups, especially ones that were connected to her like Lucifer, Deuce, and Dierdre's sons were. The pack would be very large once the pups grew, too.

"I've heard of a couple ways...but I don't really remember them. My upper arms got a little burnt, so it's hard for me to reach over and pick anything up or get things out of the water" She admitted.

[/html]
The male wanted to make sure that the pack was feed, he wanted to have a food storage like how there was in Jadded Shadow. The male looked to the female with a smile and a nod. He needed her to heal, to be a great leader she needed her health and strength to move the pack toward the light in the right direction. Lucifer trusted her and her mate that they would lead them into a better life, for the pups and the packs, their thoughts their movements would be for the best of everyone.

She was the medic and he was the hunter, he was pleased with that, she had proven time after time that she knew how to heal, and hunting was something that he loved to do. The male went back to the den that he dug out for the junk items that he had found and collected trying to get back to where his hunting items where before the fire, all he had left was the small knife that was once's his mothers.

Coming back the male was holding a straw net, with weights the male cast it out, the net stunk quickly, the male waited for a second, before pulling the net back in, making a small pool of fish the male bent down and pulled the bottom of the net together pulling about five fish in, they where not huge but they would more then feed the two adults and there mates. Lucifer pulled the net to shore opening it up for her to have all that she wanted. "I'm working on making a few boxes like nets they will swim into and we will just pull them up every other day, pending on the season. Dig in, take some home for Conri also."
[html]
What should they do, now? Big Grin

She was glad that so many of her friends had made it through the fire. It seemed like more and more of them showed up each day, some of them without any injury at all. Naniko was glad to see that they were in good health; even she had not escaped the fires unscathed.

Lucifer had left and returned before she knew it, with a big net in his hands. Why hadn't she thought of a net? She was just too used to living the old fashioned way. She supposed that they did things differently in Jaded Shadows, too. "That's such a great idea! And thanks. I can see that you can get a much bigger amount if you use a net" She took a few of the fish, putting her foot down on top of them to keep them from flopping around.
[/html]
The male tossed the net to the side, he wasn't going to fish all the fish out of the water, he wanted to make sure that they had a chance to come in and breed, to make sure there was a new generation to live to make a chance at having huge harvest year after year. Putting the reminder of the catch down as he wished he would have brought some fishing line with him, he could have ran it though there gills and left them in the water, till he was ready to leave.

"Naniko, I'm glad you made it though the fire. Though do you know what happened to Dierdre? I don't know how Deuce would deal with her daughter being dead."

The male had to know...he never had gave all of her trust back, every time he came close to getting it back from her, he messed it up, he was great at things like that, but the fire was his sign that he was now longer a child, that he needed to start acting like the father that he wants his childern to have.

"It's odd. Sirius and Apollo, are Deuce's grandson's....and I'm her mate...I'm a grandpa at three. I think I might be one of the youngest grandpa's ever."
[html]

Soon the fish stopped moving, and she was able to put her foot back on solid ground. She really did enjoy the taste of fish, and they hadn't had it most of the winter because the lake had been frozen over. Digging a hole in the ice had been a really difficult task, and Naniko hadn't felt up to it after being bitten by the badger. Her arm had hurt a lot. Even now the scar was still there, showing pink through the white fur of her leg.

That thought made her wonder about Kansas, whether he had made it through the fire. She really hoped that he had...she would definitely miss him if he wasn't around. Along with Dierdre, she would check all of the local packs to make sure that he wasn't there.

"I'm glad you're here, too. I don't have too many friends...not really close ones, anyway. And all of these pups...well, that'll mean a bigger future for all of us. The more pups, the better, stronger the pack will become."

She wasn't sure how to answer the next question. She didn't like thinking about the fire, thinking about everything that had happened...but Deuce and Lucifer had a right to know. They were the girl's family, after all. "I found her in Jaded Shadows, trying to escape, but it was obvious that she was in bad shape. I carried her a ways...but I could barely breathe because of the smoke. We had to stop after we got about a mile away...and that's when I realized that she was in labor. She had these two, and two more that were born dead. Another male and a female. She told me to go and look for a safe way out, that she could follow me with the pups, so I left for maybe...fifteen minutes to look. I found a way to safety, but when I came back she was gone. Only Apollo and Sirius were there. I looked and looked, but the fires were coming..so I took those two and ran."
[/html]
Smiling he looked over to the white female, yes it was a grand day when all of them lived together. They would remain as one pack, with pups coming and growing in a warm loving pack, where they knew not of hate or fear. Where they knew of there past and where there mother's and father's came from. Lucifer knew that times would be better from now on. He shook his head agreeing with her, the most that could happen is another pack wanted to merge with them, and in that matter Lucifer would gladly agree. He wanted to see the pack grain more members, he wanted to see these lands live.

He listened to her story there was a chance a small chance that she could still be alive. For that he had hope, but in a way he could only hope she would never come back, poor Deuce would be heart broken if some one came and took the boys away, even if it was her own daughter. She loved them like she loved her own, and took just as well care of them also. He rubbed his chin thinking he wasn't going to say any thing more, but he couldn't help but to wish her a great life...where ever she was. "Well I'm glad that you found them and not some stinkin' coyote."
[html]

She was glad that he didn't blame her, though a sinking, guilty feeling still plauged her. She wished that there had been something she could have done, that the fire hadn't been coming so fast. Maybe that she could have been a little bit stronger. But she knew, in the end, nature would have its way. The lands would be burnt over now, and in a few months the territories would begin all over again...with new life spring up out of the ashes. The same would happen with these packs; they would grow and begin a new life as well.

"Me too." She nodded. She'd been thinking about Sirius and Apollo a lot lately, actually. "Do you think, Lucifer...maybe their father is alive? I would think that the father of them would be Pilot...but I'm not sure. She never said. She did name one after him....but I'm not sure if that means that they're his or not. Maybe I should try and find him."

[/html]
The male sighed, while there was hope and someone believed that she was still out there, then Dierdre would be alive. While that thought was carried though with how Deuce, and the rest of the pack raised her children, she would have to come back to see her boys, she could not go without could she? The male was sure she did not leave them be hide on her own free will, she had a reason, she was that type of being.

The male slowly gave a nod of his head. "Yes, Pilot is the father, last time I had seen her, I barely re-call her talking about having his children. So unless she has more then what I am not aware of, these are them, there are Pilot's children." Lucifer sighed rolling his head to look at Naniko, he worried that now she knew who the father was, she would want to take the two boys to him. "Naniko, you must tell him, but please beg him for Deuce sake to allow them to stay. I've never seen her happier then she is when she looks at all the boys."
[html]

She wasn't sure if Pilot would try and take the pups with him or not...but either way, Twilight Vale was really the best place for them right now. Maybe later, when they didn't need Deuce's milk...but still. They hadn't known who the pup's father was when she had brought them here. And without Naniko, they wouldn't be alive--they would have died in the fire, with Dierdre. Surely Pilot would let them stay here, at least for a while longer.

"I hadn't seen her in a while, not since she came to me for some medicine around three months ago...I can't believe what's happened since then. Three months ago seems like such a long time ago." She was silent for a few moments. "Of course you're right. They belong here...with their family. He's family, as well...but....I don't know. He does deserve them, too...they're his...but right now they're ours. They need us."She said finally.

"I've seen her with them--she's great. If I ever have pups, I'll know what to do because I've learned a lot from seeing Deuce with all of them" She grinned. "You picked a great lady, Lucifer. Our families will grow together--we'll rule these lands side by side."

Naniko felt better now that they'd come up with a solution. The fish weren't flopping at all any more, not even breathing, so she felt okay with leaving them for a little while. She started toward the water, looking back at him. "It's warm enough" She put her paw in.

[/html]
Lucifer understood where the white female was coming from. If something happened to Deuce he would want to see his children. Pilot had every right, but Lucifer still could not help but to want to hold all the children together in one pack with the one family, maybe the father could move here, join the ranks and stay. Deuce would not have to give up the boys, and they could all have a happy family. "I know he has more of a right to have the children with him, then what we do , but I just cannot bare to look at Deuce and see her upset because she will be losing one of her babies. I know it's going to happen. I just cannot bare to see her." The male shook his head sadly. Time was a tricky matter. Some times it worked for you other times it never.

His ears rolled back as she brought up that she was great lady, the male had thought time after time about leaving her, about finding someone else, someone that was not so lost in there own thoughts, and day dreams. The male just gave a nod, as he followed her into the water."Some time I think she would be much happier, better off with Soran. She talks about her all the time. I just want her happy."
[html]

Even if Pilot did want to take the pups, Naniko couldn't see letting them go. Right now they needed Deuce's milk, and they were already so used to having them around and caring for them. It would just depend on what Pilot said. She wasn't even sure if he was still alive, or if he would want to take them with him. They were assuming things ahead of time.

"Sometimes you have to work on relationships. Me and Conri had some rough spots for a while...but things are better now. I'm glad that everyone's okay, with the fire and all. And that you guys did decide to stay here"

[/html]
He knew above any one else he could trust her, with even the dark secrets of his past, of why he was exited out of his birth pack. Though he was sure she knew, heck he was sure the whole lands knew of that night with him and his mate's daughter. He tried a few time to patch things up, and then he would go and mess them up again. The male respected the alpha female, she was able to keep her life in tact and not let temptation rise up and take power over her.

"I think we're working on it. I'm not sure but you and Conri. I don't buy. You two are the picture couple that every one wants to be. Naniko your my best friend, like the sister that didn't run off, why wouldn't I want to join the same pack as you?"
[html]

In the old pack she hadn't really kept in contact with anyone. Naniko had loved the territory of Clouded Tears, but their pack had been long gone even before the fire. Sometimes it felt like Laruku didn't want to lead them, or he wasn't interested in it...but maybe he'd just had a different way of looking at leadership than she did. Now that she was here, in Twilight Vale, she'd try her best to do everything for her pack that he hadn't done for their pack.

She grinned at Lucifer, giving him a pat on the shoulder. "I dunno. It's like some kind of fairy tale. This place is my happy ending." She'd read some fairy tales in the library in Citta Umana, way back when. "We should hang out in the city sometime--ever since I talked to Deuce I've been itching to explore it some more"

[/html]
Lucifer smiled to her, best friends, brother and sister, just different blood ran though them. He smiled as he looked down thinking, really this was a fair tale. Was it his? Or was it her's? Wither way the male was not going to leave, his roots had been made, and seeds had be thrown out into these fields. Looking up the male gave a soft laughter, sucking on his bottom lip. "I guess that makes you one of them fairy tail Princess that finds her Prince and they "marry" and live happy ever after, as Queen and King. So Naniko...when are there going to be pups running around of you and Conri?"

The topic of the city came up, frankly there was nothing in there for him. He did not read, could not read. Noah spent time with so many that when Lucifer ran off, he knew how to hunt, and live on his own. Reading and other human like skills the male lacked. Though if it meant spending time with her, he would do it. Brother's some time got to do thing that they do not like to make their sister's happy. "You name the day and I will be there with Bells on my toes."
[html]

End this soon?
So beautifully wrong

She figured that they might find something neat in the city, something that they wouldn't get to see if they stayed in Twilight Vale. She felt secure enough with their packlands (they'd lived there for over a month) to leave it for long enough to visit the city with Lucifer. She felt blessed to have him around, someone sturdy who she could really rely on.

The white girl shrugged at the mention of pups. She wasn't sure if it was the right time for that, with all the mouths they already had to feed. She did want to have pups of her own, but maybe in a few months. "I think we have a lot to worry about here already, without more pups. If I got pregnant, I might not be able to defend the borders as well. Maybe in a couple of months" Naniko nodded. She would talk to Conri about it--surely he would agree. "Thanks for the fish, by the way. I'm definitely going to eat them. We've got a storage box inside the house that we could put them in"

[/html]
He was ready for more pups in the lands, there was four, and all four have been living with him. It was nice, some time Naniko would take one or two of the boys out to play with him, or walking him around the lands, showing them off. Lucifer knew she was nothing to worry about, and that she would make sure that no harm would come to them, she would make sure they came back to the pack all in one piece. Naniko was a blessing to have, in the lands and in his life. He olny shared her with a few, he was the big brother, any one hurt her, he had no issues killing. Only a few he would say that about.

The male chuckled she was always thinking, thinking about every thing with the pack, not taking a breath to be thinking about her, and only her. Just like her mate, he was going to have a talk with her too, it seemed, but that what would have to wait for another day. Deuce had been upset over the sudden lost of another child. Knowing this he had been watching he pups as much as he could. It was what a father did....wasn't it? The black male ears twisted. Hearing the whimpers of the pups, with a heavy sigh he gave a nod. "Boy are wanting to play...I have to go, your more then welcomed to come."