Thread Information
Date: 03/02/2011

Setting: Halifax

Time: Afternoon

Character Form: Optime

Character Mood: Chipper monkey, man!

Requested Participants: One, maybe two.

Participant Preferences: N/A

Thread Direction: Perhaps some new pack knowledge, and trading...or something.

Ideal Participant Speed: At least one post per week, if not faster.

Ideal Thread Length: N/A

Getting Senorita out into the new world was harder than Krystalle had expected. She seemed to have become used to spending time with Vox in the borders of Cercatori d'Arte, and it was strange for her to leave the comfort of the home lands around them. But the mutt woman was determined to see more of the land, more than just that small stretch she'd seen when she met Nayati Utina. That morning, instead of wandering toward the south, she mounted the paint mare and headed toward the north.

The eerie silences around her as she passed through the forested Ethereal Eclipse left her uncomfortable atop the also anxious horse. "You're alright, chica," she mumbled, patting the neck of her splotchy equine friend. The Californian understood her nerves; they got to her too. But it was time for exploration, and she was unwilling to let a bit of uncomfortable scenery stop her from meeting something new. Pink eyes scanned the land, searching for Luperci or smaller creatures that she could study or speak to.

Hours passed before she found herself at a bridge, crossing in curious silence into the ruins of what was clearly a city. Excitement bubbled into her veins, searching the roads for signs of life. There didn't seem to be any, but plenty of structures still stood for her to gape at. "I think we found something wonderful, Senorita. I really do." Her stub of a tail waggled against the brown-splattered rump of the horse as she tried to gaze into the broken windows of ruined shops.

[/html]
A lean white shape appeared in the doorway of one of the buildings, it was a young male wolf. As Roran walked out of the building he stopped and looked up at the Luperci on the horse. He tilted his head to the side and smiled slightly, his tail wagging happily behind him. "Greetings and salutations" He spoke in a happy voice as he moved out of the doorway and onto the side of the road. As he reached the road he sat down and looked at her, the smile still solid on his face.
[html]

Senorita was startled before Krystalle, noticing the appearing of the young wolf first. She balked, stepping back and twitching at the shoulders; Krystalle seemed surprised at her equine friend's actions, patting the horse's neck gently. "Chill out, Senorita, chill out." It was bad advice. Shortly after she reassured the painted creature, she nearly fell off of her mount. "Greetings and salutations." Her floppy ears fell back against her skull, leaving her with a clearly confused expression as she sought out the owner of the voice. There, in the doorway of some building. The Californian blinked her pink eyes a few times, watching as the stranger came closer. "Hola? You totally scared me!" She laughed, a noise laced with unease.

[/html]
He smirked and laughed as well. "I apologise, i didnt mean to frighten you, i was simply happy to meet a stranger" He said, still smiling as he looked over the Luperci female and her horse. "So, what are you doing riding a horse when you could be stretching your own legs and going for a nice run?" He asked, tilting his head to the side, he was truly confused about why any non-Luperci or Luperci would deny thier bodies a good run when it was completely an option.
[html]

He apologized, and the nerves of the mutt female relaxed. There wasn't any danger, it seemed. Rather, she saw the possibility for friendship in everyone. The Californian combed her fingers through the brunette mane of her mount, listening as the stranger asked her his own question. It was certainly a good one. Why didn't she run instead? "Senorita needed to get out, and it makes distance travel easier, y'know?" Her smile didn't fade from her face or her eyes. The answer was simple, but it made her wonder. Anchjo had never had horses himself, but his daughter had picked one up as soon as she was able. Another strange stigma on the life of the Horzana daughter.

She glanced around the area with interest. "So, like, why're you here? This doesn't seem like much of a place to live. But I bet there's some awesome things inside! Right, Senorita? Right, mija?" She addressed the horse like a longtime friend or family member, patting her shoulder before sliding off into the snow. She was smaller than the wolves she associated with, but certainly bigger than the stranger in her bipedal form. Four legs. She could never understand four legs.

[/html]
He tilted his head to the side. "I wont live here, i live with the Pheonix Valley pack as of recently. And there isnt really anything in there besides some old furniture and other odd items" He says, though he was still smiling, his eyes showed curiosity for the female.
[html]

Her fingers twitched with the thought that she might be able to scavenge up some truly interesting things for her new family, pink eyes glancing into dark windows. There had to be something. Blankets, furniture. She could use it all, especially if it benefited the homes of the wolves she had claimed as family. While she searched, taking some steps toward the nearest standing store, she continued to listen to the stranger. He didn't live there in the city, but stayed with a place called Phoenix Valley. Another pack. Pack. Such a negative word to the Californian's ears. "I live in Cercatori d'Arte. My new family, y'know?" She glanced back toward the white male, smiling a cheerful smile. "Used to live pretty far away, though. In the desert, then in a big cityplace. This is definitely weird for me."

[/html]
He nods his head. "It is often very odd to go from one environment to another. Such was the same for me in a manner of speaking." He said, tilting his head to the side as he moved into the building after her, though he sat down just inside the building and watched her look around for things. "About 5 months ago, i was living with my parents, i cant remember where though, they went out hunting one day, and never came back, after a few days of waiting, i set out by myself, and eventually found my way to the Pheonix Valley. Though it may be wrong, i wish to find myself a kind of new parents"
[html]

Her fingers brushed away snow from articles outside of the shop, studying the quality and possible purpose of everything while she listened to the stranger talk. New parents. She paused in her movements and glanced toward him. "It isn't wrong. I wish I had new parents. But that's why I got a new family, away from the Fam and stuff." She gave a shrug and turned back to her work, yanking a rusted chair from the ground. She pursed her lips thoughtfully before tossing the chair to the side; it didn't serve the purpose she wanted.

"My papa lives in the desert, real warm place. He's a good guy, but his mind kinda...functions weird." Cult was not a word that the mutt woman was accustomed to, but it certainly attached to her paternal family with ease. Her father lead his family with radical ideals, sexual intercourse and psychoactive drugs. It was something Krystalle had fled from, unwilling to accept his way of life. Still, she couldn't see the cult. She couldn't see the bad. Her world was fine, just a bit strange.

[/html]
He nodded his head as he watched her. "Well, an odd family is better than a family that leaves you when your a pup" He said, tilting his head to the side. He continued to pad after her when she went from building to building, having nothing better to do. "So What was the rest of your family like before you left?" He asked, still quite curious about the stranger.
[html]

He asked questions about her family, something that she hadn't been prepared to answer. The shepherd-mix paused and turned toward the male. Her family. "Papa raised me, like, after mum left. The Fam lives in the desert, and papa's the head guy there. Mum's family lives farther south. Ain' so nice there. Didn't really want me. So I went north again." She shrugged. Her family wasn't boring, but she wasn't as interested in chatting about it as others might have been. Her life didn't really start until she met Mars and Bartholomew, the two men stuck in one body. It just wasn't interesting until that point. "That's where I made friends and left to come here."

[/html]
He nodded his head again, as she said this. He tilted his head to the side as he stood up and stretched slightly, to get some pins and needles out of his joints. "So, you left your family, and came here to start over, sounds quite a bit like my life, only a little backwards" He said with a chuckle as he sat down once more and continued to watch her look through the items that were inside the buildings. "So, if you dont mind me asking, what exactly are you looking for in all these human buildings?"
[html]

Instead of returning to her work, she turned to face the stranger. "I didn't come here to start over." It was a simple enough statement; she didn't plan to go there. She was just searching for Mars, or Bartholomew, or whoever the hell she found. Luckily, she had found Bartholomew. He was a better personality. With a sigh, she returned to her search, stepping into the doorframe of the store in order to see better inside of it. Still, she listened, and her stub of a tail swished around underneath of the green kilt she wore. "What exactly are you looking for in all these human buildings?" The mohawked woman didn't look up. "Just stuff, y'know? Like...good stuff." Anything she could use later on in her life, or give to someone who could use it.

[/html]
In truth he didnt really know what she meant by 'Good Stuff' having found comfort in simplicity through the last few months of his life. "I guess that good stuff is alot better than bad stuff" He said with a bark of laughter as he simply continued to watch her look for things. Though he had been agonizingly curious about her, and what exactly she was looking for, he suppressed the urge to ask further questions, instead he simply follwoed and watched her look through the buildings.
[html]

She knew he didn't really understand, but she was too focused to explain much else. She wanted furniture, dishes, anything to spruce up the home she'd moved into or take when she found her own. She knew that she couldn't stay with Mars Russo forever. He'd find a woman, or she'd find a man, and everything would change. A sigh escaped her at the thought, but she pushed on. "Hard to find really nice stuff lately." For months, she'd found nothing of real use. The earth was taking its toll on everything, and abandoned cities were hit harder by time. There was nothing to keep items in good condition once buildings collapsed. It seemed this shop would prove similar; her eyes hadn't found anything worth keeping.

"'m Krystalle. Krystalle Horzana, y'know? From Cercatori d'Arte." She worked her way into the building, picking through rubble until finally, finally, she came across something worthwhile. A mirror, cracked in the corners but still capable of showing a reflection. Excitement bubbled up through her body.

[/html]
He followed her silently as he continued to watch her look through the buildings. He noticed that it seemed like she wasn't finding anything she liked, he continued to follow her. As she picked up the slightly broken mirror, he moved closer and around her slightly, seeing his reflection in the mirror, and having never seen a mirror before, he crouched low and barked at his reflection. After a few moments of doing this, and seeing as how the other wolf was completely coppying him, he moved closer to it and sniffed it curiously.
[html]

Despite the noise from the white wolf, she focused on her task and hoisted the mirror into her hands. White fingers curled around the peeling frame, some paint flaking off onto the ground; it was a good find, and she was sure someone in her new family would appreciate it. The stub of a tail she boasted wiggled beneath the span of green that she wore at her hips. Mars better appreciate it. The cinnamon mutt traipsed back into the frigid air, searching for the ersatz saddle bags Senorita often carried; she hadn't had time to find something real, and the moth-eaten canvas was still usable. The mirror slipped into the dusty fabric container, and the horse shifted with the new weight. "Innit great, Senorita?! Mars'll be happy, y'know? I bet he'll like it. Barty will, at least," she chimed. As if having forgotten his presence, she turned to search for the stranger.

[/html]
He simply followed her as she took it back out and put it in the make-shift saddlebag. He watched her curiously as she talked to the horse. While she was doing that, he turned and walked under the still standing porch roo that was attached to the home. As she turned to look for him, he couldn't keep his tail from skidding back and forth on the ground in happiness of being remembered.
[html]

He gave a wag of his tail and she glanced back to Senorita. "'s prob'ly time for me to head home. Gettin' kinda dark." Her thoughts returned to Mars, and the mirror she'd found, and the Luperci hoisted herself up onto the back of the painted mare. She rose one white-tipped hand to her forehead, giving a salute and a smile. "Nice ta meet cha! Maybe we'll see each other again," she offered. She enjoyed wandering out of Cercatori, so it wasn't implausible, of course. With a final wave, she gave a pat to Senorita's neck and started on her way back out of the ruins of the city, humming a song under her breath with each lazy step of the steed.

[/html]