Running in circles
[html]
Let me know if you need something changed. :3 wc 501

The wound from her collapse had been mostly healed, her senses had become quite normal even though light was still sensitive to her amber eyes. The snow was nearly blinding on the early morning's eve. The pain in her head had become numb to her conscious, bleeding was non existent as her gash was healing over quite nicely. Her fur would yet to grow back for another week in full. For now she was left with a scruffy , mangy patch that made her look like a dirty loner who got in one two many fights. Tala was astounded to even think like this, she knew it was wrong in so many ways, the gash was not that bad, and fighting was a activity she had yet to participate in. Maybe she just looked more like a wounded wolf? Not in her mind that's for sure.

The wolfess had her haunches curled into a Lupus sit. The dappled willow frame of the Djose woman was onlooking the remains of the old barn. Heavily devastated in the storm many of the pack's livestock had been killed or released and lost. The wreckage had caught one of her friends in it as well. This was not a place of joy any longer. It would need to be fully rebuilt for the good of the pack. Livestock of all sorts could be kept here, needed to be kept here for future food and use. The pack had lost a great deal by losing these animals. Out of all the destruction, maybe this was the most prominent. A heavy sigh escaped her maw, causing tufts of steam to flare into the cold morning air. This would be a large amount of work, every able body would need to participate. Exceptions like Jefferson and Noah were understandable, with missing limbs and wounded bodies. It was unfortunate, but the rest of the pack would just have to put a bit more effort in. Surely they would understand, and Tala would be ever thankful to them for their work. Maybe once this was all done they could all share a relaxing night together to unwind and simply calm down from this battering mess?

Tala was here for another reason other than petty observation. She was planning, estimating just how long it would take her to be able to keep and care for a horse here. She had always wanted one of the majestic creatures, and this downfall of devastating was only a speed bump. Surely, one day soon when this has all settled over she will achieve the goal. Much work would need to be done first, as well as finding herself a new home. All details, things to be worked out. Tala was not going to fret too hard, because production only falters on a negative mind. She had responsibility to her pack now, she would not let them down. Now was her chance to prove herself to them. If she was strong, maybe they would be too.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: The underlined dialouge belongs to the raven

WC: 500+

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was almost as if destiny was laughing right on his face and it a rather cruel way as it gave him no other choice. Since his right hand had broken he had found it difficult to move in his preferred Secui form, finding himself forced to keep on his Optime. But it was somewhat good for him to keep him like this; he was finally beginning to comprehend how dumb was him to keep away from this form for so long. Not only t was easier to keep the pain at bay but he could also do much more as his hands where free of the burden of walking. Not only that but the grumpy female raven was for some reason in a better mood while resting on his shoulder.

The lonely Tueris had been scouting the area around the fallen barn in search for any trace of life. The last time he was here was when the barn had toppled over, and when that happened he clearly remembered seeing some horses escaping their dead by merely inches and he had being hoping on having luck of finding the animals before they died of cold or starvation. But until right now he had only found snow and fallen trees. He had gone through the same area so much times that he had been drawing circles for quite some time, his nose already confusing the scents as it had already was half frozen due to being so much time on the frozen air.

But there was something different on this circle; there was someone else on the area this time.

“Oi there Falgy, there is someone over there”

he had barely noticed it but the bird had been perched on his shoulder for quite some time, a shocker to Falgar as he had though he had been alone during all his walk

“Yeah, thanks for stating the obvious Kea”

the male’s annoyed tone made the raven caw happily, this was definitely her favorite hobby. Moving near to the other wolf Falgar sighed deeply, why had the loud beak be around when meeting people.

He definitely didn’t know the female but the now so known scent of Phoenix Valley could be smelled on the area. Stopping at a comfortable distance he pulled a warm smile, using his good hand to help him draw a slow bow towards the female, when finished he did what his injuries left him to keep his stance as submissive as possible

“Good morning miss, haven’t you seen some horses running around here by any chance?”

he knew that the possibility of her seeing them was extremely low, but it didn’t hurt to try.

“Me and my manners my name is Falgar, and the grouchy bird over here is Kea”

this called yet for another short bow and another wince of pain from his overused back.

The raven was on the other hand focusing her golden eyes on the female’s amber ones. It was not of her original nature to be so wary of others, normally she would find it a perfect opportunity to pull some kind of prank or mischievous act, but she had been jumpy since the snowstorm had fallen on them and for that slightly more aware of what surrounded her.

<style>
.falgarlost .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.falgarlost p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.falgarlost b {color:#3D3D3D; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; }
.falgarlost {background-color:#ECEDE8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/o08cpd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.falgarlost-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.falgarlost .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
wc 437

Very little movement could be heard on the avenue of the Valley territory. The pack was still in shock, buried under their misfortunes in snow and heaps of broken building and wood. Spring would be the bringer of cheerier times for the Phoenix pack. When the snow melted away and homes were rebuilt, things would be anew and life would go on as it normally had. How unfortunate was it that they had sustained such vile damage? Were the rest of the packs up such bad damage? Tala had a thick cape of worry for her friends in other packs, Alaki in Anathema, Gideon in Dahlia De Mai and Shaw in Cercatori D'Arte. Were they all alright? The itch to know had her pacing at night. Tala could only pray that her friends were all safe, just as she hoped her entire pack was coping well. Tala would have a busy mind for quite some time at this rate.

There was a padding on the distant snow that caused dark ears to perk. Her ears swiveled to the side and her head followed shortly after. To her surprise it was a man, with a dainty little snow on his shoulder. Her nose caught the scent of the Valley on him, and all worry faded away. She did not know him, but that did not mean she would not like to. He approached her, bowing at her and Tala gave him a soft, friendly smile on her maw before her head dipped in a returning polite gesture. Well, at least the brute had manners. He asked of horses then and her head shook. She had not seen any of the bigger livestock return. ""I'm sorry to say I have not. I believe the horses took to the forest to get better shelter." She had seen traces and trails from their hooves and mass. Hopefully they were still there and not run amok out of the territory.

He introduced himself and the bird and Tala gave a genuine smile to him. Yes, he was a very polite soul. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Falgar. My name is Tala Djose. It's always nice to meet another pack member, as well as their companion." Her feminine rasp was soft and gentle on the cold winter air. Her accident had weakened her voice, and it had not yet fully recovered. The crow was watching her with wary eyes and Tala just sent a reassuring smile to the creature. "It's alright, I will not hurt you." yes, the fae knew lowspeech. She was quite proud of the little fact now as well.
"speech"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Blargh post D=. Once more the underlined dialouge belongs to the raven and the one that is green is lowspeech

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not having any kind of news on the horse’s whereabouts made the male’s ears lower slightly in frustration. He had gone as far as going out of the territory’s borders looking for them and he was yet to find something else than faint scents and blurry hoof prints “That’s bad, poor critters must be half dead with cold by now” the fact only made him sulk more.

Her sulking time was interrupted by Tala’s smile, making him change his frustrated frown with a goofy grin, happy of finally being able to find someone with the actual ability to smile, even with all the mess Phoenix Valley was currently at

“The pleasure is mine dear lady. If I may please ask, what are you doing so alone on this cold morning, especially on this area so full broken up wood and bad memories?”

he didn’t really have much of those bad memories actually, only the one of seeing dead all around him and of pack mate having a broken arm.

“Do you need help with anything?”

Falgar knew he wasn’t exactly in shape on helping with anything, with his broken hand and everything, but he really hated feeling so useless, even if he could help with something small it was better for him that standing there being helpless.

When Tala spoke towards the raven on low speech he swallowed his amazement to look at Kea, another frown pulling into his face as he saw the bird’s almost aggressive attitude. Pushing his shoulder forward he made the bird lose some of his balance and tip forward, causing her to caw angrily and flap her wings around maniacally in order not to fall of his shoulder, this gaining him a beak strike on this same shoulder

“Oh please pardon my partner, she has been really grumpy these days. Please do ignore anything she says.”

With injured pride the bird jumped into his head, both talons positioned right on his ears as she knew it really annoyed the grey male when she did that

“Now there Falgy that is not very nice of you”.

With some fighting Falgar finally pushed the bird out of his head, only to have his face frozen up in fear as the bird decided to fly right in front of Tala’s face, using her wings to keep her airborne in front of her and

“Well it has been some time since I met someone else than Mr. Clumsy over here that actually spoke low speech”

Falgar moved forward to remove the raven from where she was, failing as she had already landed on his shoulder once again, not before nodding her head towards the female wolf

“A pleasure meeting you Tala Djose, one of the few I would never dare to play a prank to”.

As Falgar began formulating his excuse for the raven’s rudeness his tongue froze up, leaving him with an opened up maw and an amusingly surprised face. Had he really heard that? The bird had never been respectful towards anyone he had met, of course none of them did speak low speech. And so he stood like that, not really being able to do much as his mind had become stuck on the fact that Kea had actually showed another state than being utterly and completely annoying.

<style>
.falgarlost b {color:#3D3D3D; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; }
.falgarlost {background-color:#ECEDE8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/o08cpd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.falgarlost k {color:#336633; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#669933 1px 1px 1px; }
.falgarlost .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
wc 503

Rounding up the horses was going to be a job for more than one body. These bodies would have to be fully alert and able without a doubt as well. Seeing as the horses were strong and in a decent number the task would not be as simple as finding them. Several bodies would be needed just to lead them all back safely let alone at one time. Now the Valley wasn't know for having an abundance of the creatures but they did have a few. Those few creatures were wanted back. Now their home would be needed and rebuilt first. Would they be able to find a decent stand in barn in the meantime? Possibly somewhere in the village by the lakes? Of course, it would all be temporary until the barn was rebuilt.

Tala had no choice but to stay strong for her pack, if she kept smiling then maybe the rest of the valley would too? It was a simple hope, but a hope none the less. His eyes had seemed so sad when she had denied him of any information she knew of the livestock, they would find them, they just needed a bit of time. He asked what of her being out here all alone and her shoulders let out a small roll. "I was just thinking. I was planning on finding myself a horse before the storm, but the damage has put a halt on it. I was just thinking, that's all. What about you, if I may ask?" This place did not hold bad memories for her directly, actually. It was a shared pain to those who had injured themselves here. Her head shook softly when he asked if she needed any help. "I don't believe so, but thank you for asking. I won't be able to get a horse for quite some time now." He was very kind to ask the question, but Tala understood that there were many a body out there that needed more help than she did.

There was a shock on his face when she spoke in the lower speech, the bird seemed less than pleased. The dappled fae took great pride in her new talent, sure enough she would use it. "There's no reason to apologize, it's quite alright, Falgar." Her body was relaxed as he seemed to struggle with the black avian. It was all a quick blur from when the bird was atop of the male and in her face. Tala blinked a few times and her head instinctively faltered to the side briefly to avoid any contact. The crow spoke to her and Tala let her head dip in a respectful nod. "A pleasure for me as well, miss. I do appreciate not being the target of your games, thank you." The male ahead of her seemed quite baffled by all of this and Tala gave a gentle, soft smile to him. It would be nice, to have another body to speak low speech in the pack.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: The part in russian says "Damn you bird"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How he wanted to rip the bird’s feather one by one at the moment. Not only had the bird embarrassed him in front of Tala but also she had made him seem like a fool with her sudden change of nature and his brain’s ability to freeze up when it was not needed. He tried a couple of times to closed his maw but he was still unable to make his brain comprehend what had just happened, each time he tried his brain would only maid the already complex knot of thoughts to become even harder to solve, and this was starting to frustrate him.

It was not until her question reached his ears that he was able to make something out of his tangled up mind, the situation with Kea pushed to the back of his mind to consider later as he had other things to think about at the moment.

“I had been going around the area in search of any kind of life, be it a fellow wolf or some of the livestock that has been able to survive and intelligent enough to return but as you can see I am yet to find any kind of proof of the animals still being on the area”

the male then grew quite once more as his mind once more went to focus on his thoughts. It was rather saddening not being able to find the animals as several of the pack members depended on them in some way or another. And no that he heard that the grey female in front of her had been wanting a horse made the want of finding them soon only worsen up.

“Don’t ‘ya worry, we will be able to find one soon. We just need to find the correct way to attract them back to the Valley”

he was trying to make the ambient a bit more cheery but it seemed he was failing to do so as he was not even having minimal success with his own mood.

Seeing that the bird had in no way offended her helped him calm the stiffness on his back, whenever raven was on the area he always needed to have an army of excuses available as she tended to be rude and sometimes even cruel.

“I am so glad she has not offended you, half of what comes out of that beak gets me into some kind of trouble”

in response the bird laughed in her own and cawing form, amused as she could feel the frustration that was pretty much seeping out of him.

As Tala spoke to the bird on lowspeech he sighted heavily, eyeing the oh so pleased with herself bird that was currently having so much fun in finding whatever bug that was unlucky to be on the fur where she stood and also in the less appropriate moment.

“Черт бы тебя побрал птицы”

he tried to make his evil little thoughts as low in volume as possible but the bubbling anger on the pit of his stomach made it hard for him to do so. It was rather rare for him to speak on his father’s language but when taken as to the point of anger it became increasingly common until he would finish up speaking everything on Russian.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
wc 470

Tala had yet to encounter this bird bearing pack member. Had he joined shortly before the storm or had her eyes simply been blind to his presence? The dappled femme could only hope that it was not the later of the two. It would be such a shame if she was not aware of the members around her souly because of her lack of luster. Her accident before the storm had left her leg wounded, the accident during the storm had left her head in a rush. One thing seemed to be piling up after the next to keep the female away from her pack it seemed.The personality of the fae was taking a beating. This last month had left her spirits damp and soggy. This was the time to redeem herself as a worthy, reliable member of this society they called Phoenix Valley.

Tala did not think he looked like a fool in his own actions or the bird's. He just showed extreme surprise and it was appropriate, not many wolves around here spoke low speech. It was an underground talent. It had taken her a month of hard work to simply get the basics down. Speaking it had been very hard. It was still hard now, the mind was flustered easily when using your voice for something so...alien.
He answered her question and her head dipped in thanks. "I think finding our livestock again will be a task for the entire pack, not just an individual or two." He would not be alone in the daunting task. Tala would be sure of it. Her smile was soft and genuine, he looked so upset over this. The Djose willow did not want him to fret. All would be well at some point.

His comment on her horse made her laugh lightly. What positive thoughts, it was good to see him trying to lighten things. His eyes proved just what he was trying to do. "I'd gladly help every member of this pack be happy and supplied well before I even caught a mouse for myself." She would, too. If it helped her pack and made them happy she would catch the moon for them.

He spoke of the bird like an annoyance and her head shook softly, though her smile was yet to fret. "She loves you, and I'm sure you love her as well. If not, I think I can safely assume you would not be together? A companion is a companion, no matter the beak." She laughed lightly in good heart. The black bird would surely be trouble from time to time. Though, if nothing serious happened there was no reason to get upset.

"Falgar, if you don't mind me asking, did the storm effect you badly? It'll calm my mind to know the answer."

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: I am really sorry for the wait D=. I jsut have been a bit busy the last days and haven't been able to post.

WC: 600+

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been so calm since the time he joined. Back on his “birth pack” the social structure was a rigid one, heck even the color of your pelt was to determine what position where you to hold. Everything back there was nothing close to what was he living right now as it was only a group of wolves held together by the threads of survival, on Phoenix Valley it was an actual family. Each member cared for each other not for the need of food or shelter but for the fact of being you. Having the kind ashen female in front of him was a proof of that. She was must likely of a higher rank than himself but their where talking at each other as equals, without having to constantly check for his stance to avoid to show even the smallest of aggression, even if unintended.

“I just really hope we find it. Or that an least we are able to find new one”

he knew it was more than possible to get new one as they could either find some new wild ones or get some from another pack, but something inside of him told that it would have been much better to get the old ones as they definitely where part of the Valley itself. But she was right, he alone couldn’t do it and the pack was too busy with rebuilding to worry about the lost animals at the moment. The though made a heavy sight escape his slightly opened maw.

Tala’s laugh brought the needed cheer to lift his heavy cloud of frustration. He was glad that he could make a troublesome situation at least a bit lighter and positive. Her comment brought a small smile to his face

“Well dear lady that’s very noble, but that wouldn’t be good for you right?”

he totally understood her as he would do the same if he had the chance, but he still felt like teasing if ever so lightly.

His gaze was once more directed towards the dark bird, which seemed way too focused on a passing bird to actually pay attention on the current conversation, and so he took his chance.

“I know… it’s just that she is just so annoying sometimes, always looks for a way to make finish up in some kind of ridiculous situation, at least for me. But she does have her moments of behaving”

seeing that she was still distracted he darted his hand upwards towards the bird to pet her while he had the chance. The act only gained him an angered caw; strangely enough she didn’t fly away from his shoulder as she usually did. It was strange to him but decided to consider it as the bird’s own laziness to move.

The worry struck question from the ashen female made his stomach jump with guilt. He didn’t like to cause worry on others as it was definitely not needed, even if he always finished up in some weird situation that needed help from others

“Don’t worry dear lady, nothing bad. I just have some minor injuries but nothing too bad”

of course he was hiding some of the truth. He had lost his improvised shelter and broken his right hand, fact that had made his life harder since the injury but he didn’t want to worry her with his own problems. He wanted to avoid the reflex to hide his still healing hand but he couldn’t, trying to make it look a bit less obvious by clasping both his hands behind his back, this only getting him a sharp stab of pain and a crooked up expression as both hands collided.

<style>
</style>[/html]