I think we've met before
Jace walked quickly and silently through the Valley, she was once again on the lookout for her mate Temo. He had gotten away from her and she needed t speak to him urgently, the weight settled uncomfortably in her stomach and she twitched involuntarily. Her hunting knife that she had finally gained the courage to go and retrieve was clenched in her right hand, her left arm wrapped up in a bandage that was slowly beginning to stain red, she would have to change it soon. Her attacker's teeth had been very unkind to her arm and had ripped a shallow but large hole on the inside, thankfully though it had missed the main veins and arteries for that she was thankful.

She knew that over time she could get over his assault of her body but for now she would content herself with mentally castrating him and driving her knife through his skull. She was lost in her thoughts, something that happened frequently, as she padded in her two-legged form through the forest. Her tail was stiff and whipped angrily behind her and her torn and good ear partially flattened to her head. She bared her teeth and growled to herself, she was not a happy wolfess today.
A very tired looking Roran padded out from behind a tree. He stopped when he saw her and his face became something mixed between happiness, confusion, and fear. The happiness was in seeing the female that had befriended him when he first entered the packs lands. The confusion was in why she looked so upset, and the fear was in the look of complete and utter rage that was so obvious upon her face.

He stopped barely a few feet from the foliage he had just emerged from, his fur was slightly messy showing that he had been sleeping. He just looked at her as she walked, though she was still a few meters away, he was not entirely sure if he should go back behind the tree and wait for her to go past, or to approach her. Due to his white fur he blended in quite well with the snowy landscape. Though he was slightly afraid of her, he didnt make a move to go back into the foliage, he simply sat down and waited for her to reach him.
WC: 300+ 3 points

The sudden appearance of the white male in front of her field of vision that she didn't immediately recognize had her leaping to the side and away from him, her knife now raised in case of an attack or threat. She growled, lower than before, holding her body in a dominant stance with her tail now even stiffer and her ears pulled up but facing backwards. It was several seconds before she realised that the male was not attacking and that he actually looked quite scared of her as well as a jumble of other emotions that showed upon his face and she straightened her pose although she didn't lose her dominant stance.

She lowered the knife and looked at him with a slight frown, her brain working and her memory finally connected the white male to the newcomer she had greeted at the border a bit ago, now she could smell the scent of the Valley on him. she cocked her head to the side, her bad ear dropping down slightly as the weakened muscles within it gave out. The tan, black, white and grey wolfess moved her mismatched blue and amber gaze over the male and his name came to her lips,

"You are Roran." It was not a question but a statement that she directed towards him. She nodded her head seeming to be lost in thought for a seconds before gesturing for him to walk with her,

"I'm afraid I don't have time to stand and talk but you could walk with me if you want." She continued off walking again, the male would follow if he wanted. normally she would not brush someone off quite so coldly but the news she had to share with Temo could not wait for anyone, not even a newcomer that wanted to talk.
He watches her start to walk past him and tilts his head to the side before following after her. After a moment of fast walking, he came to a steady speed next to her, he looked up at her for a moment, then away. "So, you remember me then?" He asks, happy about that, though still a little afraid of her. "I suppose thats good, considering you only met me the other day" He smiled at his own comment, though the smile vanished as quickly as it had appeared. "So what has you in such a twisted mood?" He asks, having no idea what happened.
OOC: actually in the RP world Jace met Roran on about the 17th of Feb and its now the 3rd of march so it was more than a few days ago Smile

Her ear flicks to the side as the male catches up with her, she nodded at his question. Obviously if she had produced his name then she remembered him but she kept the sarcasm to herself. She wasn't in her normal personality and alienating her pack mates and future potential students because of it was not something she would allow herself to practice. Her tail still swished in the air behind her and she winced as a particularly deep breath made her ribs ache. She offered him a small smile at his comment about remembering him,

"So what has you in such a twisted mood?" She eyed him for a moment wondering if he were serious or mocking her before deciding he was serious. The answer she gave was brief and provided him with all the information he needed to know about her mood,

"I was recently attacked as you can tell." She gestured to her bandaged left arm with the right hand that still held her knife. "So naturally I am on edge and being on edge tends to put me in a bad mood." She didn't tell him the nature of her attack, that was something he did not need to know.
He nods his head, remembering several events from when he was still living alone. "Being attacked is truly not something that one wishes to be done" He says. Though it had been more than a few months since the last time he ran into a hostile, he was still slightly on edge from thier species. "Not but 2 months ago i ran into a rather nasty group of Luperci, thank the lord i was quick, or i would have been injured far more than i was." He says, looking down as he remembers that faithful day, the day that he realised for the second time in his life, that life was cruel to those that didnt deserve it, and although he wished to know what happened so that perhaps he might try to comfort his friend, he kept silent and simply continued to walk by her side.
WC: 333 3 points

She winces again as her ribs began to ache more and slowed down a little from a fast walk to a normal walking speed, Temo would not be happy if he found out she had injured herself more just to get to him and tell him something.

"Indeed it is not." She had not wished for this and given half a chance she would decapitate the attacker piece by piece but she would have to content herself with the mouthful of flesh and blood she had gouged out from his shoulder. At least her side had stopped bleeding finally, it had taken a long time to finally close up and now the red marks were still visible along her left side. She was truly becoming a warrior for the pack, battle scarred and damaged. She wondered morbidly if they would get infected before shaking her head, her thoughts had turned increasingly in that direction lately and it was worrying her a little.

She looked down at the male besides her as he told his story of escaping from some luperci and felt a small amount of pity and empathy for him. It was obvious from his scent that he was just a regular wolf and to be attacked by something as dangerous as a luperci, she was surprised he had to gall to walk next to her.

"Whatever does not kill you or seriously injure can only make you stronger." She gave him a lopsided grin, her mother had often preached that to them when they came home with some scrape or bruise. Jace herself didn't really believe it, lots of things didnt kill or seriously maim and still made you weaker, mental illness for one. But she passed on her mother's teachings in an effort to keep her spirit alive even though her body would be long decayed by now and for some reason this brightened her mood,

"Well it's a good thing you did survive, the Valley always needs stronger people."
He hadnt heard her first statement about 'What doesnt kill you or seriously injure you only makes you stronger', having been lost in his own memories. Though he snapped out of it when he heard her second comment "Im glad i survived as well, or i wouldn't have been able to meet new friends, and to think, one of them is a Luperci". He said, as a smile spread across his face as he now figured out that he had solved his own fear without knowing it.

"And im not sure if i could have lived with myself knowing that i had missed out on such a friend like you" He said, still smiling as he simply continued to walk by her.
His words endeared him to her and she wagged her tail a little, her ears coming up happily. A small smile graced her muzzle as her mismatched orbs strayed again to his form. She came down heavily onto her bad leg into a small dip in the land and her whole body stumbled, jarring her chest and ribs. The pain was gut- wrenching and mind spinning and she hissed with it. Gripping the crutch she stopped and gasped for her breath.

She tore at the bandage with her teeth, ripping the rolls from her left arm. Blood began to reflow as she ripped the new skin in her haste. Her shift to Secui form was swift and painful but as soon as she was down on all fours her bad leg stopped paining her and her chest eased up allowing her to take deeper less painful breaths. She sat down in the snow holding her now bleeding arm off of the floor. She was now about the same size as her new friend and she grinned serenely at Roran,

"I guess it is a win win for both of us then. And having usable hands with aposable thumbs is very useful in situations."
He frowned and looked at her worridly as he saw the pain so obvious in her features, and as she began to tear the bandages off he saw that she had as well pulled off the new skin that had been healing on the wound. He frowned and took a step back while she changed into her other form, though he then smiled and moved back to where he had been, sitting down on the snow that was left on the ground.

"Indeed it is very useful to have a friend such as you, though friendship needs not such selfish needs, it only requires understand, patience, and compassion" He said this as if he truly knew what he was talking about, the words sounded like that of a wise wolven elder, though he was only nine months, almost 10 months, though he was still farely young. He smiled once more as he saw that they were now about the same size.
She stood, now that her chest was no longer so stretched, she assumed it was to do with the shape of her body in optime form but she couldn't be extremely sure. Her face shifted to one of a strange kind of pride emotion as he preached words to her that her own grandmother had often insisted upon and her mind fell back onto the aged wolf, thankfully Talnia had not survived to see her families murder, the elder wolf had died the summer before the attack.

Her eyes brushed over him. He was still a pup, still growing and although they were the same in height, in weight he was heavier and more strongly built than herself but one should never believe in appearances and the strength of the arctic ran through her veins as proved my her being able to drag Ookami, the large male that nearly tripled her size through the snowstorm to safety. She shook her head and resumed walking, ignoring the blood that oozed from her left foreleg, it would stop soon enough.
He smiled at her as she looked at him. As she began to walk once more, he simply came into step beside her, still smiling, though now he looked directly ahead as he trotted along at a comfortable pace beside her. "So, what is it like to have lots of people who care about you?" He asked, seemingly out of the blue. Though there was meaning to this question, for he was slightly interested in the prospect of asking her a certain kind of question, though it was not the kind that mature wolves asked, cause he was still very young.

"I mean, i wasn't that old when my parents left me, i just wanna know whats its like to have people that care about you, like familiy" He said, now looking at her, a blank look on his face as he kept pace with her, occasionaly glancing ahead as to make sure he didnt run into anything.
WC: 318 3 points

He fell into step beside her and they lapsed into silence for a short while until he spoke again. His sudden seemingly random question stopped her up short for a few seconds, she hadn't expected it and her face blanched. Her story was a strange one although his she guessed mirrored it slightly, a sad expression coming over her face as he mentioned his parents simply leaving. She doubted that they just abandoned their pup and most likely Roran knew the truth of their disappearance as well but she would not ask, she did not wish to prod at barely healed wounds.

She had at least a year of living with her pack before they had been taken from her and she suspected that the poor male didn't even have that but she humored his request and answered his question,

"I was born into a very large pack so there were always people around, always someone to play with or talk to, someone who would listen, even to the ramblings and pretends of a young pup. But when I was not much older than yourself they were brutally murdered by a neighboring pack. My escape was down to pure luck and the spirit of my sister watching over me." She truly believed that the only reason she had come out of that encounter alive was because her recently killed twin's spirit had used her last time on earth to save her sister from the patrol.

"Phoenix Valley is the first pack I have been a part of for over a year. It is a relief that I find within myself now, to be part of a pack again. Although I did have Temo, we were very vulnerable with just us. If we had not found Phoenix Valley then I have no doubt that we would have had a hard time surviving the snowstorm that caused all this damage."
He stopped as well when she did, though he cocked his head to the side when she told her story. In truth, the life she had lived before finding Pheonix Valley sounded very nice compared to the short span of time he had known his parents. Even when he had been with his parents, they barely had even acknowledges his existance. The only time they really even interacted with him was when they brought food home. The rest of the time he was left to himself, wandering about, finding things to entertain himself.

He frowned slightly when she mentioned that she had had someone when her pack was killed. "When my parents left, i didn't have the comfort of a friendly face, sometimes, i wish that i wouldn't have survived on my own after they left, so maybe i could have gone to a place where all wolves are cared for." As he said this, he stared straight down, tears threatening to spring from his now moist eyes.
Sorry for the delay.
If you want, we can backdate a couple of threads between Roran and Jace where she shows him around and just generally takes care of him? If you want?
Also scroll over the word 'Bec' to find out what it means Big Grin

[html]

300+ 3 points

He was at that age where pups no longer always wanted to be comforted when they were sad and she was unsure of which one he wanted. In the end she came and sat besides him, lending her body heat in a comforting gesture, she was a mothering kind and all of her pack mates were her children to look after and make sure they were getting on well enough, just as a mother would lay her head over her her babies to keep them warm so she laid her head across the male's neck in a strange wolf to wolf hug,

"Well you are a part of the Valley now. All wolves are cared for here and nobody is left behind. Every female is your sister and every male your brother. It's pups are your own sons and daughters to cherish and raise and the Alpha and his mate are our mother and father. They watch over us and so we watch over each other, pack is just another name for family and that is what we are, one huge family." She could not let this little one on his own, clearly he was suffering from his solitary life.

She nudged his shoulder with her cold nose and stood, intending to keep walking with him. Her conversation with Temo could wait, it wasn't like the tiny pups growing inside her belly was going anywhere soon, not for another two months would they enter the world.

"Come on Bec, I will take care of you." She used a nickname for him that had been her own at one time, back when she had been small... well smaller than she was now. It felt good to be able to pass along tiny particles of her puppyhood, which had been contentedly happy and she hoped that some of the good feelings and memories associated with it would rub off onto the young male, he deserved a happyer life than he was getting.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jace "talks", 'thinks', and walks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
.jace-mountains .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jace-mountains p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jace-mountains b {color:#16323D; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.jace-mountains {background-color:#BAD9E5; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/jace.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; border:1px solid #16323D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#42616D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.jace-mountains-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
He nodded his head, taking great comfort in her bodily contact. He looked up at her when she said that the pack was all one big family. In truth he knew this to be true, but he wanted a real mother. "Would you be my mother?" He asked, looking down for a moment, but then looking into her eyes. Deep within his was a sense of need, like this question determined something imaginably large in his life. He hoped with alll his heart that she would say yes, and this was mirrored in his eyes as he looked pleedingly at her.
Sorry this was so long in coming

She looked down into his blue eyes that were so like her own blue eye and felt not pity or empathy or sympathy even though she could relate all three of them onto his form. She knew what it was like to loose family probably even more so for she had been a lot closer to her family that he had let on that he had been with his own and she growled internally. What kind of mother and father left their own son out in the cold. Where ever they were Jace hoped they were suffering for abandoning the pup that sat before her.

His question, it made her smile as he looked down at his snowy white paws and then back up into her gaze. The multi color spotted hybrid didn't need to think about the answer, a pup needed her help, who was she to refuse such a request from one so young.

"Of course Roran. Afterall we are of one family. Come on then, there's someone you have to meet, fathers are important too." She herded the youngster with her nose now, pushing him to get him moving in the direction she had originally been going.
He frowned slightly as she thought about it, thinking that she was about to refuse. During this time a clump of snow fell from a tree, having melted enough to come lose from its perch. He waited patiently, though internally pleeding her to say yes. When she answered his tail wipped up and his ears sprang up as he barked happily, leaping into the air in joy. As she then began to herd him, he moved willingly in the direction she had been going, all hint of sadness gone, for he had a new mother.
She laughed as the young male celebrated his happiness with a bark of joy and a leap into the air, his tail lashing at the air behind him like an overexcited whip. The innocence of his youth making her feel like a pup once again despite all her recent beatings by her shitty life. The woman let her own white, tan tipped tail swish to and fro several times a lopsided grin coming to her night blackened muzzle. As they both began to walk again Jace pounced forwards a step in a sudden burst of childishness and pulled her entire not quite fully wolfish body up onto her hind paws, the fore ones drawing in towards her chest, her tan, black and white head raising to the heavens. The howl that came forth from her maw was joyous and filled with love, Jace called for her black furred mate knowing that he would hear it for the song would reach all corners of Phoenix Valley.

Then she kicked off with her back legs and broke into a quick run, turning her head back to the pup who rivaled her own size, a voice filled with laughter and holding no hint of the depression that had plagued her soul for so many nights and days floated back to him. "Come Roran, now we go to find my mate Temo." Not even her wounds pained her as she ran with her new son.
He stopped and smiled as much as a wolf could when she stood and let out her howl. He couldnt help but howl along with her out of pure happiness. He let lose a bark of laughter as she ran past him, kicking up several clouds of the newly thawing dirt in her wake. He laughed again and ran after her, smiling the entire time. He had found a mother, and he didnt care who knew, and he couldn't wait to meet his new father.