ten years today
[html]
<style type="text/css">.chachae1 b {color:#1e6d20; font-family: arial; font-size: 11px;} .chachae1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:0px; margin:0px;} </style>

Before hatred and before wrath Chael had once been only a nuisance. Ophelia had never seemed to like him much, but his larger size and bullying ways never aided in gaining her adoration. Thanos was his brother, though slightly more effeminate and peaceful than the rambunctious youth as he growled gently and picked on the others. And Satin—well, one day she’d be pleased to see him dead. He’d earned that much from her on his own. For now, he still envied Hale and idolized Salvaged, creeping from Fatin’s den and crawling down the mountainside of Jaded Shadows. He dreamed of his adulthood, taking after the father he so resembled with the acid-green eyes that invoked fear and despair into the hearts of many. He didn’t understand the reason, but rumors had always crept even into the depths of his home.

And Chael wanted to be just like him! Scarless, eyes intact, he murdered a leaf with milk-white teeth and sent soft, cooing child-growls into the air that’d send shivers down the spine of nothing more than a nearby squirrel, vanishing around the base of the tree with a flick of its brush-like tail. Tongue lolling, he examined his prey with a pleased eye, pawing the wreckage of the shredded leaf with one tiny paw. He was sure someone would quickly come searching for him, and so he crept beneath a bush, waiting, practicing stealth while amusing himself along the way.

[/html]
[html]

Motherhood looked good on the girl. Each and every day the black female had been glowing, beaming, at the four wonderful things she had created. Shaeniire had watched her four little angels grow up, and even now she could see their emerging differing personalities. Satin and Ophelia, her two little girls, Thanos and Chael her two growing boys… the children could make her heart burst any given moment. Fatin was off for now, and it was her responsibility to take care of them. Shae thought for a moment of the three children she had abandoned so long ago, but didn’t let it ruin her mood. What was in the past now was in the past and there was nothing she could do about it. She had a responsibility to these four now and Shae was never going to forget that. Fatin and Shae were going to be the best mothers in the world.

Thanos, Ophelia, and Satin were still by their home enjoying a nap in the sun, and so as they slept Shaeniire got up to look for Chael. Oh Chael, he seemed to always be off doing something. The little boy was going to be handful for sure, and for a second she wondered if the boy’s father was to blame. Shae and Salvaged Eternity were pretty much polar opposites in personality and wondered if perhaps her son got some more of Salvaged than was probably healthy. Shae never understood what Fatin saw in that man, he always made her uneasy. Either way, Shae shook yet another thought out of her head as she got up from her watch over her children and headed into the forest to look for Chael.

Before too long, the dark lady saw her son under a bush a ways away from the den. Smiling, she instantly crouched, lowering her body to avoid being seen. Luckily Chael was faced in the opposite direction to her, so she slinked over to where her darling boy lay, before making a charge, letting out a high-pitched “BOO!” The girl instantly collapsed into a fit of child-like laughter, beaming at her son even though she knew he’d probably be annoyed that she scared him.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">.chachae1 b {color:#1e6d20; font-family: arial; font-size: 11px;} .chachae1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:0px; margin:0px;} </style>

He thought he was being stealthy. It was one of those silly “I can’t see you, thus you can’t see me” mental moments, until something snuck up behind him and leapt, shouting. He leapt to his feet, bristling and yelping audibly. Whirling around, he found Shaeniire.

Ashamed of his open show of fear, he sulked, folding back his ears and snorting. “Not nice,” he pouted, even as her laughter rang out around him, stinging him and his bruised ego. He glared with venomous, child eyes, suddenly lowering into a crouch and lunging at her in revenge.

[/html]
[html]

Chael clearly didn’t like what she did. Her son lunged at her, and because she wasn’t expecting it, it toppled the petite woman over. Her laughter didn’t stop, and after a moment of shock, her laughter was erupting from her, taking her body over, as she rejoiced in playing with her son. “My love, that wasn’t very nice either,” she said, mimicking the pout her son had given her moments before. “What have you been up to today my little Chael? Clearly having fun with leaves I see,” she said, referring to the decimated leaf not too far away.

[/html]
[html]

He made contact, tumbling with his mother to sprawl on the leaf-strewn ground. He grinned maliciously, puffing out his coat and standing proud once he’d disentangled himself from her.

Head high and ears forward, he bumped his nose against her in a silent show of good-will. “I need to hide better. You found me,” he said, his voice marred by a childhood lilt.

[/html]