Last friday night
[html]
wc 345

What had the storm done to the world beyond the Valley? Had it devastated the other packs like it had Phoenix Valley. Had they lost buildings, animals... members? The storm had been tragic. Everything was piles of white and ice. Broken trees lay near limp to the ground in their tired stance. Younger trees blown over, branches broken and strewn about like discarded bones. The world needed time to recuperate. Tala needed time to make sure that her friends outside of the Valley were safe.
That was why she had started the trek through the snow. Paws on vile frozen white substance made her feel cold and worn. Tala needed her horse. He would have a home again soon, then she could acquire him. The beast would make this journey less painful as well as cut the time in near half she could assume. Now, wouldn't that be nice?

The small dappled lithe frame made long time, the high banks of snow and broken flora caused many turns and unusual obstacles in her path. Curse the art pack for settling so far away from the Valley. Summer needed to settle in far sooner than it was due. What was the duration of time it had taken her to make the trek? The Djose woman almost didn't want to know. Her mind was set souly on finding the pack she had friends in. Their scent was faint here. Strong it grew, each step bringing her closer to a mind at ease. A maw was lifted into the air to make a curious howl. Her body halted and she stopped. Though she had been here before, had permission from Shawchert to visit, she would not just barge in like a common trespasser. Amber searched for a trace of familiar life. Tala hoped for the best.

It had been so long since she had heard any news of this pack and their well being. Tala was making it a personal matter to check for herself. So far, everyone she knew was alright. Would Cercatori change her good fortune?

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

3+ Sorry for the wait!

Life with Mars had become confusing. She woke up every morning expecting him to be gone, but every day he was still there. Bartholomew had disclosed that he'd come to Cercatori d'Arte for some Orin woman, leaving Krystalle terrified that once again she would be left alone. She'd been on edge. Just the other morning, she'd found him with some unknown female; naturally, she'd fled the house, just the same as she was doing currently. With careful, quiet steps, she gathered her books and bag and wandered outside. Home just didn't feel right with the knowledge she'd gathered.

Outside, the world was still white, still cold, and spring didn't seem to be any closer, though she knew it was. It'd been weeks since she'd found her way to the snowy world that she now lived within, but she hadn't acclimated to the temperature. There was no thick undercoat for her, and she was doomed to wear the modified clothing that rarely left her body; Cercatori was just too cold in winter for the Latin mutt, who had always been used to the warm temperatures of Los Angeles or Nevada. She shook her head at the drifts that'd come to rest up against the houses; it even looked as though someone had tried to build a fort near the store next door. "Hace mucho frío." Her mumbled quickly dissipated on the air, lost in a fog of her breath.

The borders were her destination, and as she made her way across the territory, she wondered why she liked them so much. It represented the world outside, and a chance to run if she needed to. It wasn't as if she believed that running was an option, but at least it was there for later. Mars hadn't been so insufferable that she had to flee back home. It'd just been awkward.

Pink eyes caught sight of a new form at the edge of the territory and faint concern passed over her features. It wasn't her place to determine who could or couldn't go into the pack lands, but her new family seemed too peaceful to really ward off the bad seeds with violence. Vague worry entered her system and she made her way toward the shape, just as the howl reached her ears. At least it wasn't planning to trespass. The woman (clearly it was a woman as the Latina reached the edges of her new home) was greeted with a smile. "Hola, chica. What can I do for you?" she asked, rubbing the back of her neck uneasily. There was still time for her to be attacked.

<style>
.krysta-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.krysta-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.krysta-z91 b {color:#d28d18; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.krysta-z91 {background-color:#270901; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... letab1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #d28d18; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.krysta-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
wc 365

The church that had been Tala's salvation after her cabin had been torn apart was the cause of her strength to be able to simply make it this far. The cabin had damaged her, the church had healed her. It was nothing to do with the fact that the building had once been holy to many. It was the sturdy nature of it. The warmth it provided, the safety from weather. No worry of the roof collapsing on her there. She felt safe. Feeling at such an ease left the Djose woman at an eased state of mind. Sleep was long and gratifying, her thoughts were her own in her private space. She had a house again. That was a feat in it's own for her as of late.

The dappled rump of the light Valley female was tucked into packed snow to avoid getting too much powder on skin and fur. Her thick fur and heavy undercoat left her body warm. However the paws of the female were easily chilled. The snow was vile, Tala did not like the substance to say the least. After the storm.... well, the sun needed to melt it away faster than she could say 'Summer' and it would not be fast enough for her taste.

There was movement in the horizon barely moments after the call had been sent. A flurry of darkened fur and bright, luminescent eyes of feminine colour were on her and Tala could not help but think how quick that had been. Surely the body was already in the area, having someone come running like that was.... odd. Approaching her the figure spoke, a woman by quick recognition. Tala had not met this woman yet. Her words were greeted with a respectful dip of her head and amber eyes flashed closed. "Hello, my name is Tala Djose, I have met some members of this pack in the past. I would like to request permission to ask how you all are doing after the storm? Well, I hope." The words coming off her feminine rasp here hopeful and kind. If they had been hit as hard as the Valley had then.... Tala feared the worst.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

3+

The stranger was polite, quickly introducing herself as one Tala Djose, and seemed to be on a mission for the greater good. She was curious about the welfare of the Latina's new family, and asked permission to see how everyone was. Krystalle turned her head ever so slightly to the side. Her pink eyes studied the ashen female with wary curiosity. She claimed to know members of the pack, but the older canid was unsure if she should believe her. Outside of Cercatori d'Arte, the small and doggish female was quite amiable, but in her home it was different. There was more to lose if she allowed a danger into the borders; if she hurt someone, Krystalle knew she'd never forgive herself.

Still, she stepped back just slightly. She would let the woman enter, but she would watch her. "Mi llamo Krystalle, and I guess I can't really keep you out, ch'know?" A smile, though not as bright as her usual expressions, colored her features. If the woman wasn't a danger, she could be a friend; it left good prospects in the future of the Horzana. Friends were a treasure she liked to collect. In Nakzhi, she'd been very popular, but leaving her home had left her with nothing. And leaving California had gained back the friend she'd lost.

Her fingers tapped gently against the padded palm of her hands, glancing into the depths of Cercatori with some worry. It was quickly pushed away as she went to answer some of Tala's questions. "I only got here after the storm, but everything seems okay. I dunno what it was like before I, like, came here, ch'know chica? The houses seem okay, though." Her attempt to give some comfort to the mind of the younger fae was backed with a cheerful voice, laced with Spanish hints at every word.

<style>
.krysta-z91 {background-color:#270901; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... letab1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #d28d18; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.krysta-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
wc 351

It was most definitely understandable that the earthy coloured woman would not simply just let her walk in and act like she owned the place simply because she stated to know a few people here. That was a good thing to say the least. The woman was smart. Fact and what your tongue could come up with are sometimes hard to prove just by the person alone. Tala had learned on many occasions that the lips lie, the eyes deceive and the body doesn't always mean what you expect. The friendliest of encounters can always turn out to be an act to get close enough and strike like a scorned viper. Tala did not expect to be given the pass to roam freely. Hell, she didn't even expect to have this woman turn her back on her. After all, what were her words without proof?

The words spoken to her caused her lips to curl into a friendly smile. Her canine head dipped in a polite thanks and her eyes glowed in delight. Now she would get the answer she had thought of for so long now. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Krystalle. I thank you for letting me find an answer. I truly appreciate it." Surely, others in her packs with friends here would as well. Tala always tried to be friends with everyone she met. It was only when they gave her a reason to dislike them or think ill of them that her tides turned to the shallows. This woman seemed friendly, that was an easy conclusion.

Her words caused a light look of worry to come over her eyes. So, she had arrived after. Though she claimed everything was fine. She did not mention any deaths and that was pleasant. "Well, that seems like a good start. As long as nobody had died, or the pack was not suffering I can be at ease." The thought of an entire pack suffering as a whole was.... tragic in her mind. Tala would do whatever was in her power to help if that was the case. "Thank you."

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

This post is crap...sorry.

Death. The subject of death left the doggish female without words. She couldn't mention the dead, for she hadn't know if there were dead present; everyone seemed so comfortable, and Shawchert hadn't mentioned death when she first appeared. Bartholomew hadn't either. She could only hope that her new family wasn't grieving. "Don't think anyone died, no," she offered, unsure of the fact herself. A floppy ear twitched against her head, moving toward sounds found deeper in the pack lands. Her toes had started to go numb, leaving the doggish female shifting her weight from one foot to another. She simply hated the snow.

Her white-tipped fingers tapped at her nose and the smile widened across her creamy maw. "Don't thank me, chica. Let's get outta the snow, like, for real. I hate the snow," she muttered, turning her back on Tala to start moving deeper into the pack lands. If the dappled wolf wanted to see how the pack was doing, it was best for her to check for herself; the Latin believed that opinions shouldn't be made on the basis of words alone. She beckoned for the ashen fae, shaking herself of some floating flakes of the freezing white covering the ground. "Thornbury's warmer, ch'know?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
It's ok, my post sucks too

The snow was chilling the paw pads of the ash dappled female to the point where it near ached to leave her foot in one spot for too long. The ice and snow had itched at her feet for so long already, they desired rest and a surface that was not wet and cold. If Tala could just sit somewhere long enough to let her feet calm she would be a very happy wolf. The words caused her ears to stand alert and her smile to become content. So, it was not known that anyone had died or gone missing. That was such a relief. "That's wonderful." This earthy woman seemed to be just as uncomfortable with the abundance of snow as Tala was. That was a slight relief, knowing that she was not the only one who hated the stuff.

Getting out of the snow seemed like a heavenly invitation. It did not take long for Tala to follow when Krystalle turned her back and began to walk. The Lupus form of the outsider trailed right behind the Cercatori woman. "Getting out of the snow seems like a good idea. My paws may be about ready to fall off." There was a subtle laugh that came from her throat as amber eyes watched her surroundings like she was a hawk and the trees were mice. "I've never been that far inside before. I tend to stay on the outskirts with whoever I am speaking too." It was true, Tala had yet to see the town this pack lived in.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

Krystalle lead the way to Thornbury with the ease of any member, knowing at least the western half of her home like the back of her hand. As they walked, she listened. Tala seemed to share her sentiments on the cold, and Krystalle laughed when the dappled wolf laughed. Her own toes felt much as the same as the paws of the outsider and the Latina sympathized. "Not sure I can feel my toes. It's so cold," she agreed, shaking her mohawked head vigorously. She couldn't stand it, but Mars Bartholomew Russo certainly made it worth her while.

The Djose woman admitted she had never been far inside of Cercatori before, staying on the outskirts while she spoke to members. It was more polite, Krystalle assumed, to participate in that sort of behavior. In her home, outsiders weren't allowed within the depths of Nakzhi, and the borders were the only place they could wander. She wondered if it was the same sort of courtesy in her new home. Still, she had invited Tala within the forested packlands, and she didn't want to be rude so suddenly as to kick her out once more.

Thornbury came into sight easily, distinguished by the overgrown brush and trees that had overtaken the remnants of human civilization. Each step that drew her closer to the town gave her ideas for how to show hospitality to the stranger. "D'ya like tea? Mars' got some great tea, real nice flavor, 'n it's warm!" she glanced back at the ashen woman, shaking fur from her feet as she waited for a response. She was unsure if Mars would even be home, but she believed she could make tea on her own. It couldn't be so difficult.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
wc 338

The trek from Phoenix Valley to Cercatori D'arte was long and tedious in the snow. Tala had to keep an ever constant quick pace in the fear of taking too long to return. It would not be too lengthy of a visit unfortunately. Tala would love to have her mind at peace and so far it was near there already. This earthy Latina had assured her that even though she was new to the pack herself she had not heard of a death. The thought was definitely easy on her mind. The woman said she couldn't feel her toes and Tala let out a light chuckle as she glanced down at her own quadruped feet. "I'm pretty sure I can't feel mine either. I lost track about half way here." The words were spoken with a smile on her canine maw.

Tala found the respect to keep herself out of their little town called Thornbury simply because it was not her home. Tala had never has business directly related to the town either. It had never been a thought for her to request to go inside. Tala was not afraid to let friends see the Villa and lakes. However, an acquaintance or a stranger was a different story completely. The Djose woman believed in the benefit of the doubt and second chances.... however she did have a limit despite common thought.

Tala followed Krystalle into the town in remote silence. There were many thoughts going off in her head about where she was, how it looked, everything really. The question that echoed on her ears caused her to blink. Hesitating to speak to listen to the words over again in her head caused her to blink before dipping her head and smiling. "Yes, I love tea. Anything warm would be a gift right now on it's own. Thank you." It was very kind of the Cercatori woman to offer, Tala was indeed very thankful. They could talk over tea then Tala would politely take her leave back home.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

Her new-found non-Cercatorian companion had a sense of humor that Krystalle enjoyed, and she laughed when the dappled woman spoke about losing track of her toes halfway to the pack borders. She tried to stay far from the frigid stuff as she could, but entering the world was a requirement that she had to fulfill daily; the warmer spring couldn't come fast enough for the Latin mutt to be satisfied. Without snow, her world was colored brighter.

The idea of tea seemed to please the younger woman, who dipped her head and smiled at the suggestion. Warm tea would certainly make things nicer. With careful steps, Krystalle lead the Djose woman across Thornbury, closer to the shop and her own home. As she entered, she glanced around; Mars was home, but she could tell he was in his little workshop, and she didn't want to disturb him. A sigh passed through her muzzle as she moved toward the makeshift kitchen. "Feel free to have a seat!" she called, motioning to the small plywood-and-cinder-block table that had two chairs; one for Mars and one for Bartholomew. Now, one was Krystalle's, but she felt strange to take something from one of the personalities. Her white-tipped hands gathered cups to make the warm brew meant to warm up the innards of of the two females. A third cup was produced, found on one of her scavenging treks to the abandoned city of Halifax; she'd made an extra cup for her asocial housemate.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc talk

The little town Krystalle was leading Tala too was surrounded, well hidden by brush and flora to mask the setting. It was a quaint little setting from what she could see on the outside, small enough to not be vast but small enough to feel like a community. What a neat little place. Her presumptions were only confirmed when she was lead directly inside. The old buildings were still standing tall, huddled together to be strong against the elements and time itself. How interesting. This place was so different from the Valley it was like a whole new world was just presented to her.

Being shuffled up some steps Tala had her eyes on everything in this little city. She wanted to know where every building was, each shop. To get a good mental image in her head to tell others of was important to her. Old habits die hard, despite the rank she held now of second in command of Phoenix Valley. She entered and was requested to sit, so she sat upon a seat and watched the earthy female with thankful amber. "It smells delicious, thank you Krystalle." The woman had poured a third coup, presumably for the other scent she noted in this house. There was a man here, someone she had not met in the past. She would not inquire, this was his home and he deserved privacy here of all places. Maybe another time.

The thought of being warmed up from the inside out in just a few moments was soothing to body and mind. The Djose woman was beginning to feel her paw pads again. That was a good sign.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

As the tea steeped, she wondered if she should leave the cup for her male friend at his door, or if she should try to interact with him. The former seemed most proper, but the Latin was unsure; a sideways glance to the younger woman left the tan-and-cream mutt smiling a gentle smile. She agreed with a nod that it smelled wonderful. Tea had become a routine; 'tea-time', as Mars called it, was something his mother had practiced when the sun was highest in the sky. She was fond of tea-time. Setting the cup on the table for the Djose woman, she carefully grasped the extra and made her way to the other side of the small building, giving a gentle knock to the door and leaving the tea on the floor; Mars loved tea, and she was sure he'd open the door to get it after only a few moments, so she returned without waiting.

"Mars' mother drank a lot of tea, I guess, so we have some everyday," she offered, trying to make idle chatter. Apart from the bi-colored male, she hadn't really made friends since her arrival in her new home. In fact, she hadn't met anyone outside of her two leaders and some Luperci outside of the pack. The interaction with the ashen female left her relieved; there was life in the world there afterall. "Tell me about yourself. I don' know anything 'bout this place outside of Cercatori." Her smile brightened, casting a faint glow across her features. Information was what made her thrive, about people or places or things. The stub of a tail she kept wiggled under the green fabric wrapped around her hips.

<style>
</style>[/html]