Set my soul free like a ship sailing on the sea
[html]
you calm the storms, and you give me rest... [ooc]

[bic] ...you hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.

She giggled a little as the little pup stumbled forward, stepping another foot backwards. It was warm enough now that the young ones were allowed out of the den every once in a while, and she was taking advantage of their awake time. She thought that all of them, Deuce's and Dierdre's were equally cute...but one of them had caught her eye in particular--Apollo. She had never seen a white puppy that was so small, a miniature version of Dierdre. The little one had opened his eyes, and she was surprised to see that he did share one trait in common with his mother and grandmother--strange colored eyes.

Naniko's expression turned to one of concern when Apollo tripped, landing on his nose in the soil. He yelped loudly and she immediately came to his aid, licking his cheeks, nosing him gently. The crying stopped in a few moments, once he realized that someone was there, and he hiccuped.

[/html]
[html]
http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... r_top3.jpg) repeat-x; width: 400px; border: 1px solid #333;" align="center">

the pain that breaks my heart

Aw, thank you for starting! I feel bad for being slow…Lol.

is each day

It seemed odd to her that in a frame of only about three days, she had left her home and found a new one. How readily she had been accepted into Twilight Vale truly surprised her. Usually, leaders were skeptical when it came to allowing newcomers in; this was what it had been like in the Socia Falls pack. Parker shook her head subtly – she knew she was thinking about it far too deeply, being a skeptic herself. She continued to wander around the forest that sidled the lake, keeping her eye out for possible den sites.

A soft giggle caught her attention, and she looked roughly diagonally through the trees – there was the alabaster female she’d met the day before, along with a tiny pup. So there were youngsters here, too. She wondered if this was Naniko’s and Conri’s child, or if he belonged to someone else. The coat color was the same, but the eyes seemed too out-of-place for him to be hers. Parker withheld a laugh when the boy hiccuped, approaching the two with brows raised. Is he yours?

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... ottom3.jpg) repeat-x; background-position: center bottom; text-align: center;">

i'm not okay

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... ized-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
<3

She'd never had the chance to be a leader before this. It was strange, how the fire had taken everything away...but left her with this new, interesting life. In Clouded Tears she had been busy most of the day, with making medicines and treating animals, and here she was busy, too, but with other things. She and Conri had been over the border a couple of times now, to ward away any would-be tresspassers from their newly claimed land. She didn't enjoy fighting at all, but if it came to that she would rise to protect the pack and the pups.

Naniko had learned the art of firestarting from her father Physe Revlis, and could make one using two fire-rocks, but she hadn't started a fire since the lands had burned down. Now she was more afraid than ever that something might happen, that she might slip up and burn the entire packlands down. It was frightening to think about how all of their lands had gone up in flames so very quickly.

A squeak from the den behind her made her look back worriedly; it seemed that the little ones were waking up. Or, at least one of them. Naniko was very protective of all of them, and she didn't want to leave Apollo out there alone, with only Parker...but they were pack members now. Family. The trust would have to start somewhere."Be very gentle. Their bones are still developing, and can break easily"

With that the Andromeda turned, slipping back into the den for a moment. She returned a few minutes later with another ball of fuzz, this one a dark orange. "They're quite interesting. When I was younger I helped to raise my little brother. It didn't come naturally, but it takes time to learn, as with all things"
[/html]
[html]
http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... r_top3.jpg) repeat-x; width: 400px; border: 1px solid #333;" align="center">

is each day

Regrettably, Parker knew little about pups. She felt a strong pull to them, as most all wolves did. But she hadn't really spent any substantial length of time with them, and their antics were foreign to her. She couldn't keep her eyes of this one, though - he was a pretty child, his own eyes that breathtakingly deep blue that was the signature of all puppies; though what had caught her attention was the eye that seemed to be split down the center.

Naniko protectively lifted the child in her arms before recognizing Parker and setting him down. She explained their relation... Parker wasn't surprised; they did look similar. Of course, she couldn't have known that Naniko and the child's mother weren't blood sisters; she assumed they were, and automatically attributed his similarities to the pretty leader to this. That's nice, she said simply, awkwardly. She was somewhat uplifted to learn that there were more pups here... She could learn more about them with no trouble, then.

Yes. Parker LeMaire... I wanted to thank you for letting me join you and your mate so suddenly. It also surprised her that this girl was so very kind. To Parker, meeting someone with a truly good heart was rare. She eyed the boy... She longed to hold him, just to see what it was like. But then again, she didn't want to frighten him; she was a stranger, after all, and didn't know how children took to strangers. She gestured toward the pup, her expression soft. May I...?

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... ottom3.jpg) repeat-x; background-position: center bottom; text-align: center;">

i'm not okay

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... ized-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
edit: oh crap. I did that thing again where I go to edit my last post to nab the coding...and then I clicked "edit post" instead of taking the coding and changing it then reposting it. Really sorry >< >< ><

She'd never had the chance to be a leader before this. It was strange, how the fire had taken everything away...but left her with this new, interesting life. In Clouded Tears she had been busy most of the day, with making medicines and treating animals, and here she was busy, too, but with other things. She and Conri had been over the border a couple of times now, to ward away any would-be tresspassers from their newly claimed land. She didn't enjoy fighting at all, but if it came to that she would rise to protect the pack and the pups.

Naniko had learned the art of firestarting from her father Physe Revlis, and could make one using two fire-rocks, but she hadn't started a fire since the lands had burned down. Now she was more afraid than ever that something might happen, that she might slip up and burn the entire packlands down. It was frightening to think about how all of their lands had gone up in flames so very quickly.

A squeak from the den behind her made her look back worriedly; it seemed that the little ones were waking up. Or, at least one of them. Naniko was very protective of all of them, and she didn't want to leave Apollo out there alone, with only Parker...but they were pack members now. Family. The trust would have to start somewhere."Be very gentle. Their bones are still developing, and can break easily"

With that the Andromeda turned, slipping back into the den for a moment. She returned a few minutes later with another ball of fuzz, this one a dark orange. "They're quite interesting. When I was younger I helped to raise my little brother. It didn't come naturally, but it takes time to learn, as with all things"
[/html]
[html]

Haha, it's fine! Smile

is each day

From what Parker had seen of her, Naniko appeared to be the ideal leader. She seemed sure of herself, but was kind-hearted and trusting at the same time. Parker's memories of her father's leadership had left a bad taste in her mouth, but she held no grudges. She was simply happy to see that Naniko (and probably Conri) were much more sensible. Unfairness was something that really bothered Parker, and she couldn't see this being a problem with Twilight Vale. She didn't know for sure, since she'd been a member for, what, two days?

Parker didn't know what she expected when she asked to hold the child. She sensed the other's hesitation, and was disappointed. But she understood; who was to say that this strange, quiet female from unknown lands wasn't some kind of freak? One had to be careful. However, Naniko handed the puppy to Parker, giving instructions, which the chocolate girl was grateful for. She cradled the boy, one hand under his bottom, the other supporting his chest. He wiggled for a few seconds, but then seemed to relax - though his eyes followed Naniko into the den.

Parker grinned to herself, proud to have Apollo still in her arms when her leader returned with a tawny youngster. She watched the two children, who looked at one another with familiarity. Interesting? That was a great way to describe them. I'm sure it does. Do you now look after all of the pups in this pack? This job seemed to fit the alabaster girl.

i'm not okay

[/html]
[html]
I love how you described what Apollo is doing. It was cute. >>;;

The last leader that they'd had, Laruku, had been pretty distant. The only times she had ever seen him was when he gave her the Apothecary co-rank and during pack meetings. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy seeing him...he just wasn't there a lot of the time. She didn't know what he did in his spare time, but had some ideas. Sometimes it seemed like he had some kind of a personality disorder...he would be nice one day, and cruel the next.

She had grown up with Conri. They'd been best friends since she was a puppy in Chimera, and they'd stayed friends. When they'd been partway grown he had come to live with her, helping her take care of her younger brother when he and Naniko had been abandoned.

She held the now quiet Sirius in her hands, bringing the two brothers closer as she came toward Parker. "Hmm? Oh...no, not really. I just enjoy being around them. I wonder if I'm a nuisance to Deuce sometimes. I know I asked her to care for them, because they were so young...I couldn't feed them what they needed, a mother's milk....but I can't stay away." She grinned. "You can see how they'd become addictive; they're just so cute." Naniko put Sirius down onto the grass, sitting next to him. She ran her hand through the grass next to him and he jumped toward it, missing and rolling onto his back. "Have you ever thought about pups? Or...maybe it's too personal of a question. I think I'm okay with other peoples'...but I don't know what I'd do if I had my own."

[/html]