We're all survivors
[html]
The majority of the morning had been spent racing across the lands, or at least, as best as the young male could with only three legs. He'd visited the closest territory only just the day before, surprised at how far away they actually were, so he knew that the other would be even farther. Conri had started out on his journey even before the sun had risen, hoping to reach their lands before the middle of the day hit, which would give him enough time to speak with them and make it back to his own lands before night fell. He could only hope that he was received well by them, having no idea who exactly was within the pack that had established themselves there.

The sun had almost reached the highest point in the sky by the time that he reached their borders, stopping himself before getting to close. Instead of immediately calling for someone, the young leader seated himself a moment, catching his breath and hoping to stop the extreme pounding of his heart. It was a long trip, one that he knew he would have to make back as well, and he could only hope to be decently rested by the time he had to leave. Conri sat for a good ten minutes or so before finally rising to take a few steps forward, closer to their scent borders. Once situated, he threw his head back in a long howl, one that was meant for the leaders of the pack, wishing to speak with them if he might be able to.

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... dmll-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Really sorry about the wait on this.

Everything was coming along – it was refreshing. Pilot had silently wondered in the back of his mind if things would ever start to feel relatively normal here in this unfamiliar place, but just like the others, he was coming to recognize the areas throughout their claimed lands. He had made a lot of progress with his own den, but was still working on trying to make it a bit larger. Later he would go explore so that he might find things to make it more personal, but that would come when Pilot had time to spare.

He had been at his den again when he heard the call, and he retreated from the overturned earth with stains of soil in his white fur. Turning his head into the soft breeze, Pilot took a deep breath before heading off towards the borders. He had found digging easier on four legs, and decided to remain that way. "Good morning," he called, just before realizing it was now the afternoon. He hadn’t talked with this stranger before, at least not that he could remember, but somehow he had a feeling they were from the old lands as well.

[/html]
[html]
No worries, I think everyone has been really busy lately. XD

Aside from wanting to make sure than everything was set for his pack, Conri wanted to make sure that he did so in a professional manner. It worried him to no end that there might be questions and concerns because of his age. Really, he wasn't very old at all, less than two years to be exact, and he wondered if the others moving into the area would even bother taking him seriously. It was a valid concern, in his opinion, because in all of his life he hadn't ever seen a leader as young as himself and Naniko. The young hybrid mulled over these thoughts as he stood waiting, wondering just who might show up at the borders to meet him. The scents that he could pick up weren't all to familiar, but that didn't mean anything at all, he decided.

Soon enough a voice rang out and the three-legged male lifted his head, turning his eyes to meet the approaching wolf. Conri quickly straightened his posture, assuring himself in his mind that he looked respectable enough. "Good Morning." He returned, not even bothering take note that it was actually evening. "I'm Conri Church, came from southwest of here a good bit away. I actually came here because my mate, Naniko D'Angelo, and I have established a pack in that area, Twilight Vale. I'd noticed that others seemed to be grouping up to, thought it would be good to meet with the leaders of these packs, try to get an idea of who all is with each pack. Some of us are still missing family and friends, I'm rather hoping to be able to find some of them." His words, though many, were calm and slow, and Conri hoped that they made sense.

[/html]
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... scroll.gif); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-top: 35px; padding-bottom: 35px;">

[554 words. Gotta start earning myself some points. XD]

Naniko. Pilot was never aware that she had a mate, not that it would have ever come up in any of their conversations. It was strange though, being face to face with him – a total stranger – when he had come to find friendship in the one Conri loved. The name did sound slightly familiar, but then again it could have been his brain making things up as to have another small piece to hold onto from their old lands. He found that he would see things that he thought reminded him of home, only to get lost in trying to discover a memory where he had actually seen the thing before. It was all very confusing – he assumed it was some sort of instinctual coping mechanism. Or maybe it was just him being vulnerable.

"Conri Church, eh? I don’t think we’ve met before. My name is Pilot Haddon. I’m actually a good friend of your mate, Naniko." He had first taken a liking to her when she had come to help Storm’s leader with his pneumonia. It seemed that Phoenix had never really gotten over it though, and he had suffered with a relapse. Things had happened so quickly then – Pilot had to step in to be their leader, only to watch Storm succumb to the fire. In the back of his mind, he wished he would have reestablished Storm instead of Shadowed Sun. But then again, the pack had been falling apart, and he didn’t want to revive it in any less glory than before. "I happened to come across her a few days ago – she’s caring for my children along with Deuce’s help." Of course, he knew Conri would already know this seeing as how he probably had been around Apollo and Sirius more than Pilot had. "It’s nice though, for the packs to be making contact. After hearing of Twilight Vale from Naniko, I was beginning to wonder if other ones had popped up to. Inferni is back, as I’m sure you’re well aware." Skoll seemed to be apprehensive about that, and Pilot couldn’t blame him. That clan was bad news – he wouldn’t be surprised if the wolves heard more of them very soon. "I don’t know of any others yet."

He reclined to his haunches, the smell of dirt potent on his own skin. He looked down to his nails, noting how the dirt had caked under them and dusted them an ashy brown. He blinked, and suddenly remembered something – his necklace. He couldn’t remember where he had placed it, and silently hoped it had been discarded close to his pending den so that he might find it afterwards. "This here is Shadowed Sun, founded by Tayui Aston and myself. We also have Zexion, Kieran, Skoll, Lubomir, and Kyuubi. Old Jaded Shadows and Storm members, mostly. After that, I haven’t seen very many other faces. Have you come across any other packs so far?" After they got things here settled, Pilot hoped that he might be able to get out and explore some more. He was curious where the rest of the Bleeding Souls wolves had wandered off too – especially the members of the old packs like Clouded Tears and Jaded Shadows. How many wolves had been lost to the fire? That, he figured, would never be known for sure.

[/html]