a fire I made for you
[html]

Set for All Saints Day

Lucifer missed his family, he missed laying there in the den with her, cuddling up to her when he found the time to after doing his work as required for his rank, and then after he would go hunting, making sure that there was much fresh kill avable for the pups, elders and the sickly. He missed her sent most of all. He sighed as he gathered wood in his good arm. His right arm was healing, he had gotten the cut to heal nicely, the last thing he wanted to do was let it rip open. The male that done it, must hate him...Lucifer shook his head, clearning thougths of Noah out of his head.

Placing down a rabbit, and a thing of water, the male had found out how to make fire, with two rock, and leaf's, and small twigs, it sparked and fire would start. The male watched as the fire took flight as he stacked more wood in a pile to the side, He hoped his mother could see him now. He was making something out of his life, and he wasn't going to let her stay around another year to hunt him, and degrade him.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... header.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
She missed him. She was so damn afriad to lose him that she'd chased him away. he must hate her now. She'd debated on making a Samhain bonfire, but wasn't in the mood to celebrate the new year. Her happinss had faded when she'd chased her beloved away from her. She sighed. She kept wandering on the fringes of jaded shadows, certain he was there now. He wasn't in clouded tears anymore. That she was certain.
The smell of smoke had her attention. Winter was coming on, but there was always the possibility of wild fire. It wasn't her pack, but she had family in it, so she moved to investigate. The warm sight of fire made her smile slightly, someone was celebrating the pagan new year? She mved closer, pausing with disbelief when she was her mate by the fire.
Lucifer... Her voice ws a whisper, her bi-colored eyes locked onto his painfully familiar form. He was so damn beautiful. She stayed back, hidden by the tree line, a faint ghost in th brush. A strand of her mane fell into her eyes and she absently reached up and pushed it back. she missed him so much it hurt, but she was certain he didn't miss her. not if he was here, making a bonfire.
She wanted to turn to go, but...he was there, she could see him. She wanted to watch him, to know she knew he was there without him being aware she was there.
[/html]
[html]

WC:546
Points so far: 10

The black male was going to take well advantage of the fire, he had taken down an elk earlier that day, and he knew that in all rights that he should have gave it up, and let the young, the old and the disable allow to eat first. Though...he was hoping that maybe his father would come and share with int he warm light with him, talking to Summer, about her life now. The black male needed her more now then every, with his father stabbing him, and his mate calling his disloyal to her, the male needed his mother's love.

Back paws turned his back to the fire, going to get the elk. There was the musky sent of Clouded Tears, now the male didn't know if there was any feuding going on between any of the packs. The male still didn't like any of the idea that there was some one in the pack, that was just looming around, and not even at the boarders. He gave a snarl, the shifted male barked out to whom ever was in the shadows, "If you know what's best for you..show your-self." He knew now that there was a huge chance that his dinner with his mother, and father was gone. He was going to have to deal with some shy wolf in the pack that didn't know where the borders where, that had passed though Clouded Tears, or he would have to deal with her, and her child. The her that he told he was done dealing with her crap.

The wind started to blow down wind to him, he was smelling every thing, that was with a mile radius. The black male sighed, it was her. Though the sent gave no hint to a second being looming there in the shadow. He glared in the area that her sent was coming from. He wanted to play off that he had some one new in his life, some one that was more trusting some one that understood him...unlike how she cared to act. "Deuce, give it up. I'm a Spaher, it my job to pick out scents. You stink, musty. Like the fog, like a male. If I didn't know better, I would ask if you had found a new male to lay down with at night. I know it's only Laruku's that's plastered onto every hair of your coat. That and the fog of the lands."

The elk was going to have to wait...she was wanting to play this game of stocking, and he just wasn't the child any more that found them game to hold any humor. The male sat down on the ground as he lifted the bottle of whiskey to his lips. Depression brought back his old ways of drinking, no need to stop drinking when there was nothing to live for. He wasn't drinking to throw his misery in any one's face, it was low. He wanted to love some one but was the last one that knew just how to let the one that he knew how he loved her. What did she want? Sex? He had rapped some one, so why in the world would they want to lay down with him, and willing spread her legs open for him?

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... header.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
She froze when he snarled; the last time she'd seen him truely angry....was the night she'd taken care of Noah. "Deuce, give it up. I'm a Spaher, it my job to pick out scents. You stink, musty. Like the fog, like a male. If I didn't know better, I would ask if you had found a new male to lay down with at night. I know it's only Laruku's that's plastered onto every hair of your coat. That and the fog of the lands."
She lifted her head defiantly, stepped regally out of the trees as if she belonged there as much as he, even if she was in a different pack. Her posture claimed she was sure of herself, unaffected by his cold words. Her eyes told the truth; how much she missed him, how sorry she was she'd accused him of being unfaithful. How her arms ached to wrap around him and hold him tight.
Instead of telling the male this, she looked him defiantly in the eyes. her voice was cold, and at odds with the longing in her eyes. trying to burn jaded Shadows to the ground? Her eyes followed his arm to the bottle of whiskey. Her lips turned disdainfully up, while her eyes were full of the hurt and sorrow of the knowledge that she'd driven him to it.
[/html]
[html]

WC:526
Points so far: 15

The whiskey was slowly dong it's job, but it was failing on killing that thing that hurt him the most. With a grunt the black male pulled the bottle up to his lips again, wrapping his ebony colored lips around the bottle, as the bitter whiskey flew freely down the back of his mouth. Tipping his head back, letting more and more flow into his mouth, as he chugged the bitter drink down. It felt like his body was burring, inside out. The male asked for more, he wanted to be numb again, numb as he was before he had met her. There was nothing for him to work for, he had his pack and that was all. There was no need for him to strive for one of the first wolf's to eat at pack hunts. There was only him and he could hunt for him-self well enough.

Lucifer hadn't been drinking long enough for him to be stumbling, or slurring. Though his eyes where getting more blood shot as the time passed. Pulling the bottle down, he walked over to her, narrowing his eyes upon her, she was throwing out insults, and the black male wasn't sure if she was ready for the can of worms that she had opened. His blue eyes could tell of the sadness he was in, they also told of the hate he had for what she had asked him. Snarling madly, the male walked over to the fire, as he took out one of the limbs that was, as he walked over to her, waving it shaking at her. He was near tears, he refused to let her know that she had hurt him as bad as she had. Lucifer Sawtooth had to much pride for that, for any one to see him cry.

"I wouldn't hurt my loved one's like that. I trust that my family would do what ever it would take to make sure that I was happy, even if the cost was taking on the work load of many others. Though...I'm sure if and when I find a mate she would understand. Because the female I thought I cared about smells like a slut, a slut plastered with another male's sent all over her. Flagging your tail for you new lover. That makes you what....5..10..15 times you've laid your-self down for some one else?"

Lucifer so badly wanted to lay her down and have mad lustful sex with her, he wanted to ride and pound him-self into her so hard that she wouldn't be able to walk right. Again the male took a drink from the bottle. He knew if he was drink enough that he wouldn't be able to allow his penis from getting hard.

Lucifer fell back as he looked around...he wanted to curl up and die, where was only Fatin, and her children here, but it was nothing like the family that him and Deuce was making. The male had started to tear up, as one lone tear fell down his face, the flame only making it glow that much more. As he shook his head.

"Get out of these lands, unless your joining!"

[/html]
[[stupid contest. frustration. 7/11 found thus far.]]

She stiffened as he came at her with a burning branch in his hands. His words made her eyes narrow angrilly, and she forgot about how much she'd missed him. her lips curled as she advanced on him, knocking the burning branch out of his hand and into the fire. her oice was shrill with anger as she responded to his accusations.

ME sleeping around? ME being unfaithful? You stupid fuck! How could you think I would fuck around? I stuck by your side, even though you raped my daughter! I chose to give my son your name! And you accuse me of sleeping around? FUCK YOU! Her hands raced out, meeting his chest squarely.

She turned to walk away, missing the sight of the lone tear rolling down his cheek, tears of her own shimmering in her eyes. "Get out of these lands, unless your joining!" She whirled around, baring her teeth in a challenging manner. I don't have to listen to a damn thing you say, Lucifer. you've already made it clear that you don't want me in your life!

She advanced again, her entire posture screaming of anger and challenge. She didn't care what he thought, didn't care what anyone thought. She was free to roam anywhere she wanted; it was a free land, even if she was in another pack's territory.
He snarled he wasn't going to lay a hand upon her, he wouldn't raise his hand to a lady, she would have to stab out his eyes, before he would go to hit her, or push her back. Lucifer was starting to feel the burn from the whiskey. He stopped snarling and started to laugh, as he looked at her. She was so mad at him, that she was beyond seeing that she was the one that started all of this. There was only one thing that the drink male knew to do. It was drink and make threats to her, that she would have to figure out if he meant them.

He jumped back after she pushed him, stubbing to get away from the fire, that he had made. The black male's blue eyes where blood shot, as he moved towards her, his arms out, trying not to fall down. He wasn't going to hit her, he kept telling him-self not to raise his fist to her, it would only push her to hurt him even more. Though he couldn't helped it, as he grunted with anger, Running at her with his head down, squaring his shoulders, running at her. To hell with it, if it was a fight that the whore wanted, it was a fight she was going to get.

" I never forced you to Give Shadow my name. As for your daughter, no one knows that happened that night, not even me. I want a women in my life that can trust me, you can't trust me. Why should I trust you? I've seen you sneaking around with the Alpha, is his dick that good? Once a slut always a slut, I should have taken in mind what Noah had said."

Lucifer fell over before reaching her, his chest took most of the fall, he hoped she was happy. He hoped that she left this lands, and returned to her new lover, and bears his pups, and he kills them, each and ever one of them.
Sneaking. Sneaking?! I've spoken to him once, you stupid fuck, and that was months ago! She snarled with rage and frustration as he began to run towards her, bracing for impact, fists clenched. As he fell, her heart clenched in fear he'd hurt himself, even though she was still angry at him. She moved forward, wanting to help, wanting to take his neck in her hands and shake some sense into him.

She wanted to find this funny, but was smarting too badly from his accusations to even consider it humorous. She knelt by him, anger and frustraition in her eyes. And then she had her hands in his fur, hauling him to his feet as she stood. She looked him squarely in the face. Her voice wsn't shrill as she spoke, but deadly calm. Go ahead, then, lucifer. hit me. If i'm just a no good slut, fucking hit me.

She released her deathgrip on his fur, pushing him. Go ahead, hit me. Just like Erik did. Hit me, call me more names. Hell, throw me on the ground and fucking rape me like you did Dierdre. She pushed again, and then again, her lip trembling, tears glittering in her eyes, but not falling. Go on! i'm just a worthless slut, no one cares if I live or die!
The black male didn't want to get up, he wanted to lay there and curl up into a ball, and never move again. Her words beated into him, like a belt that had nail's poked though them. It was like she was hitting him over and over agian with it. Each breath he whined, with a sharp shill whine. Looking up to her he had become what he never wanted to be to her, she had told him how much she still feared and hated the last male that had come into her life, and now he was ready to hit her, and beat upon her. He was nothing but a worthless male.

His tears came to his face, as he shook his head, pulling his knife out and pushing it to her feet, he curled up bearing his back to her, he wouldn't be able to stop her, he tucked his arm over his head, he didn't want to see it coming, as he shook his head.

"Your right...I'm not worth any more then him, kill me like you did him"
[Don't ask me where this came from, because it was Deuce, not me. gawd, frickin emo Deuce anyways. LOL]

She stared at him, cowering away from her, her heart aching. Finally, she turned away, presenting her back to him, her tail curled against one leg. She crossed her arms tightly against the cold that was consuming her again. She began to tremble, her ears pinned against her skull in agression and anger. Her oice came out soft, whining. I don't want you to die, Lucifer. I want you to love me. I guess that was too much to ask.

She felt dejected, depressed as she continued, more to herself than anyone else. I was stupid to ever think anyone would love me after what Erik did to me. Her throat became clogged with tears and her breath came in short, pained gasps as she held herself tightly, trembling violently now.

And then she whirled, snatching up the blade Lucifer had laid at her feet, her eyes wild. A strangled sob exited her throat as she gathered her hair into a bunch and sawed it off, throwing the handful of white blonde mane on the ground. She sank to her knees, sobbing, clutching the knife tightly, the blade at her wrist. I should just die and leave everyone in peace! She couldn't see through the tears, but felt the sharp sting as the blade tore skin, directly over the black band of fur that was once her scars.
The male rolled his head up looking at her, his blue eyes blood shot, his heart sitting deep with in his gut. The black boy, used his shaking arms to hold him up. He was foolish and stupid to think that she would still love him after he had forced him-self upon her daughter. He shook his head, not wanting to hear that she didn't belive she was loved. He he didn't love her he wouldn't have ran away, her words had hurt him that much. These lands where to offer him a chance to get away from her.

"No...I love you. There has never been any one else in my life, I've had needs I wanted filled when I lived on my own, but never was it a female, Deuce I haven't laid you down and mated with you because of fear that I might not be able to fillful your needs, and I want to make you happy"

Lucifer was weak and wanted nothing more then to curl up next to the fire with Summer, and sleep till next year. His body was done, he was done, if she didn't kill him he would do it. Seeing her grab the knife he smiled offering his chest to her, though to see her cut off her hair he sat there looking at her in horror. Though once she took the knife to her arm, he trusted him-self onto her, he felt a stabbing pain as he looked at her with a breif second of pain, he was dieing...he had saved her life, he smiled kissing her.

"Your stunning even depressed, take care of Shadow, sorry but I need to leave"

Noah was stabbed by Lucifer in the chest, how did he get so lucky to get it back. His life was in her hands once and for all.
She hardly registered his words, though deep down they resonated as true. She sat there, slowly pressing the blade deeper into her flesh. And then there was weight, the comforting sting of the blade at her wrist gone. Her eyes widened in horror and shock. No! Her voice exited in one shrill scream of disbelief, her eyes rivited on the blade in Lucifer's chest. She had a nightmarish return to New years eve, the night she'd killed Erik.

She couldn't hear herself anymore, couldn't breath. her vision had narrowed down to the patch of chest where the blade rose out like some sadistic piercing. Her voice continued to come out in a desperate wine, though no words were vocalized. She realized she had a deathgrip on his shoulders. Her mind was foggy with panic as she stared at him, indecisive.

And then her mind cleared, the healer in her taking over. She gingerly lowered him to the ground. Her eyes darted around; she could feel the panic welling up inside of her as she'd never felt it before. Was this how Soran had felt the night she found Deuce nearly dead? She blinked, clearing the memory out. Lucifer was not going to die if Deuce had anything to say about it. She took a deep breath and opened the pack she always carried with her. There were the clean cothes she made sure she carried in abundant supply.

She was speaking now, though she didn't relize it. The entire time her voice was lathered with the irish accent learned from Taliesin. Her hands were steady, even though her mind was racing. She spoke softly, pleadingly, not with Lucifer himself, but with his spirit, the core deep inside of him that would keep fighting. Don't die on me, i need you to live. I can't go on without you...please don't die...I'm so sorry... Intermixed with her pleas to him were fervrent prayers to Rhiannon.

She grasped the haft of the knife, closed her eyes, and pulled it out. She heard the metal blade scrape against bone, as ound she'd heard only once before. She banished the memory of Erik's blood, opening her yes and focusing on Lucifer as she pushed a wad of clean cloth over the wound, trying to staunch the flow of blood.

Please, Rhiannon, do not take him from me. I promise I will do anything, sacrafice anything, just do not take him from me. I will gladly lay down my life if you will only let him live. I need him, dear goddess. I love him and I need him more than I needed anyone before. Please, spare him. Her voice was choked as she spoke rapidly, unaware she spoke flawless irish. Her tears streamed down her face as she held the bandages to the wound.
WC: 503

The black male could feel the sleep coming onto him. Was it sleep or death? His mind couldn't help to wonder as he let his arms fall, he could hear her, it sounded like he was in tunnel, a deep and hollow tunnel. The black male wanted to reach out to her and touch her, and tell her that every thing would be okay. After all he was a pack member, that was all. Fatin could replace him, Deuce could move on, and would now be allowed in Storm.

He had stopped her this time from hurting her-self, he after all did offer her to kill him, and she did in a way only what she had been asked to do, the male never hate her for that. Only thing he could have any bitter feeling over was that she had started on her own body and not had just stabbed him in the back. She had called him Erik, compared him to him, and now he gave a faint smile knowing that he would meet him in the nether wold, and he would be able to hurt him time and time again, for many of life time, for the rest of time it-self, he knew he could make Erik pay for hurting his lover.

Blackness, slowed him, taking him in. It was cold and bitter. Nothing like how he thought it would be. He thought that death would come and it would be warm and welcoming. No this one flashed his life, even the parts that he thought he had washed away. He shuddered, as he seen the bottom, him laying there on his back dead. Passing though that Lucifer, seen the very bottom, it was noting. It looked sorta like a black well blended, stone. He waved his arms fighting it, as he felt something warm, reach out for him. He knew he should have fallen and been there for the rest of time, there was three faces, two of which he knew, The other was on the back of a horse. She took him and by the power of three he felt him-self laying in his body, he could feel the pain, it was real...maybe that nothing was better then this.

He gave a soft whine, it hurt to move or talk. The male opened his eyes, taking a hold of her arm, as he whispered his request."Poppy Seeds, lots of them...please."He didn't want to make her little any thing less of a healer, he knew with out her he would be dead. The pain was to much, and he wanted to sleep the pain away. He lifted his paw slipping it onto her lap, she shouldn't worry so much, the two our of the three faces would make sure that he didn't make that trip any time soon. He knew the one wouldn't have done that if it wasn't for the timely matter she laid down her life for her son and daughter. "Summer said your doing a good job."
is whisper broke her desperate praying, and she looked to him. it took a second for his request to register. Poppy seed. Yes, it was a very strong pain killer, and would put him to sleep. It could also giv him constipation, but that she could clear up later with some rhubarb or omething. She felt relieved to have something else to do, then her mind wandered to look for anything else she could do.

She helped him eat the poppy seeds, still whispering prayers to herself, feeling relieved. for a long moment, the male had been so still, so unmoving...she'd been afraid- but she couldn't think of that just now. She foreced all worries away from her mind, focusing on his wound and how to treat it. The poppyseed was a start to keep him calm, but now she needed to do something about the bleeding. She'd picked some fresh yarrow on the way, luckily. She pulled the yarrow out of her bag, squeezing the leaves over the wound, which was still bleeding fairly heavilly.

After squuezing all the juice out of the laves, she pressed the laves themselves to the wound. She removed her special poltice, applying it to the area as well. She carefully bound it, using more clean bandages. She would have to replenish the bandages soon. It wasn't hard, there was a hospital in the city, that was where she had gotten these. It was amazing how many branches of medicine the humans had studied. the only thing she'd found of use was the bandages though. Everything she'd read about human medicine made her leery of using it on even a shifter, since human medicine was mostly prescribed by weight, it seemed.

She stroked Lucifer's face gently, suddenly aware that this was her fault entirely. She bowed her head, tears tricking down her cheeks.
Lucifer hurt, he wined softly, or as loud as he could, he had landed on the knife where it hit just hit the side of his gut. The black male pulled his hands to touch her leg, as he wanted to ask her about the golden lady seated upon the horse. Her face was there, and so was Summer. His voice, was nothing. He grunted in anger. He hated being weak.

He could feel the poppy seed working, his eyes grew heavy, but he didn't want to sleep, he needed it, but he didn't want it. He wanted to look at her, wanted to send some more time with her before he was forced to run her out of the lands, he should have crawed and went to Fatin, she was the pack healer. She wasn't a healer of any pack. Would Fatin thinkt that Lucifer didn't trust her medical skills? God...would this cause him to be exiled?

As his felt his eye shut, his side started to burn, jumping up he screamed, feeling light headed he laid back down, looking at her. His blue eyes could see her pain, shaking his head, he didn't want her to hurt for him. Taking his claw he drew it down her leg, slow and shaky. He didn't want her to be sad when he dies.

"Find a new mate, when I leave."
Deuce shook her head, the tears falling, melding with his velveteen fur. No, Lucifer...when you die, I die too. There will be no other for me, ever. She continued to stroke his face, shivering with sudden exhaustion. I'm sorry...I came here tonight because I missed you, not because I wanted to hurt you... her tears fell faster as she spoek quickly and softly. I'll return to Clouded tears and leave you alone...I just wanted to be sure you were okay...I'm sorry...

Suddenly she hated herself. She wished she could just die...but look at what her desire to die had done. It had once hurt Dierdre, and now it had nearly killed Lucifer. She studied has face, determined to commit it to memory if she were to never see it again. He was nearly asleep but she had to ask a question. Do you want me to call fatin so she can tend to you now? She hoped he would say no, beg her to stay with him. her hand stilled on his face, resting lightly against his cheek.
The black male coughed, shaking his head. He gripped his paw onto her leg, he knew he couldn't hurt her. The black male, was loyal to family and then pack, though the family and pack was one in this case, would Fatin mind her being here. Pushing down on her, the male sat up, as he bit down upon his lip, fighing the want to scream out in pain. If he died in her arm's he would die with a smile.

"I would rather you stayed...forever."

The male reached up petting her face, he felt like the golden lady wasn't going to stop holding him up off the pit of darkness any time soon. though Lucifer had to think that it would be nice to have Deuce back in the lands, or rather in the lands that he called home again.
She let out a soft whine as he pulled himself up. She movd just slightly so she could support him, looking worriedly at him. His wrds made her smile just slightly; he wnted her to stay, even after she hurt him. She wanted to hug him tightly, but didn't so she wouldn't hurt him worse. She nuzzled his chin gently, breathing in his scent. Under the alcohol scent was the lucifer she knew and loved.

I'm sorry, lucifer... She was, too. Sorry she hurt him, sorry she couldn't stay. I'll stay with you tonght, but I need to tell Laruku i'm coming to jaded Shadows to be with you. Though i doubt he'd care one way or the other. She found herself rambling, needing to hear the sound of her voice.

She then fell silent, listening to his heartbeat. it was steady and even, relaxing in it's normalacy. If it weren't for the sour smell of liquor and the bitter scent of the yarrow, she could almost imagine they were together, alone and entwined happily, sharing their secret hopes and dreams.
The black male could see her bright colored eyes, turn dimmed as soon as he spoke. His heart dropped, so his fears had come true. She had moved on or fell in love with the lands of Tears. The male coughed, as he laid back down with a nod. He was trying to act like he understood. Though he didn't, he couldn't even grasp the idea of not following the male that was setting up a house and home, and would willing take her place in death. The black male had just proven that correct? He coughed again, fighting away the want to start another fight. Wasn't that how he ended up the way he was? Lucifer gulped, as he rubbed his hand slowly over his chest, pain was still there, the poppy seed was good, but there wasn't enough in his body to work. He wasn't a kittypet, from the old times that would only take one or two at the maximum four seeds to knock them out and not feel any pain for the rest of the day. He wanted the pain, he welcomed it. The black male thought every now needed to feel the pain, after the fight. It would help to learn not to do it again. Though some how when it came to that damn knife, this was his second time getting hurt by it. Lucifer still would keep it by his heart. It was one of Summer's most prized items that she kept on her alter.

Lucifer touched his heart, then looked to her. He was going to make a deal with him-self to lock away all of his feelings, they where also getting him in trouble. Trying to make every thing right and all he was getting was hurt. Forget them feelings thing.
She could see he didn't believe her. She whined softly, stroking the fur from his eyes. Lucifer, I will return, i promise. I belong with you... She kissed his forehead as she laid down next to him, laying an arm gently over his stomache, careful not to touch the newly bandaged wound, her other arm pillowing her head. She nuzzled her nose into the back of his neck, trembling from the day's emotional events.

She wanted to fall asleep, holding him, but knew sleep would be fleeting, if it ever alighted on her weary brow. She breathed deeply. After a long moment, the only sound being the crackle and pop of the fire, she spoke softly, the irish accent still softening her vocals. Lucifer? She waited a moment, then spoke again. I'm sorry I accused you of cheating on me...it was a thoughtless thing to say.