New places, new finds
[html]

Word Count → 326 :: 3 points

Becoming a pack member has been a long time dream of Kaliska. But now that she has been excepted, she has no clue what to do. She heard some stories about packs from her mother, but her mother disliked pack life so she wasn't sure if most of it was true. Her mother had told her about how they are strict to submission and respect of authority, which she didn't doubt, and how they were loving if you do what the rule say. She also said that they were cruel and hateful to those who chose a wrong way of life. Kaliska couldn't say which was true or not, she just knew that she had to find out soon.

Kaliska wondered around the new and unfamiliar territory. It was beautiful but she could tell a great storm had hit not that long ago. The land was a blanket of ice and the trees had trouble standing tall. She thought about how hard it must have been on the fellow Phoenix Valley members, their homes must have been destroyed. She felt sorry for them all, the families and young ones.

Walking through the cold snow made her paws freeze, so she searched for a shelter. The wind began to blow furiously and she ran. She saw ahead of her was a fallen tree, so she started to dig underneath it. Making a hollow hole just big enough for her, she crawled in and escaped the terrible winds. The last thought that came to her mind was that if someone was to pass by, they wouldn't notice her because of her cursed snow white pelt. So she stepped out of the slightly warm make-shift den and rubbed her scent all over the log. Now if someone was to pass by they would smell her scent and hopefully check it out. Kaliska crawled back under the tree and curled into a ball. She slowly slipped into a deep sleep.

<style>
.layla-txt {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Jqi3H.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; margin:5px auto; width:475px; }
.layla-txt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.layla-txt .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.layla-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.layla-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.layla-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.layla-txt u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
greetings Smile

As if his day couldn't get any worse, there was a strong, fierce wind, pounding against Pendzez's back. As always, he resisted against it. What he was doing out here in the cold forest, was just a simple check of the area. There was still some things down by the lakes that needed to be salvaged. He was gonna have to come back when the winds die down, hopefully. At the moment, things were a bit cold and difficult. He was going to need help too. However, he manage to retrieve some wood for the fire. Not only that, but also a couple of nice rabbits for food.

As he passed by the trees, he was heading for home, back home to the warmth and to his mate. As he passed by a log, his nostrils were met with a slight scent of a female. It wasn't an outsider, just a light Phoenix Valley smell. He followed his nose, only to be facing the log. Upon closer inspection, he found that was a burrow. He couldn't really see, but he was looking a figure curled into a ball. "You ok in there?"
[html]

Word Count → 216 :: 0 points, thank you! I think its a very fun game!

Kaliska was three months old in the field back home. Her mother and father were playing chase with her and she was losing badly. She let out a shrill laugh and fell face first into the pile of dirt. Her parents laughed at her and picked her up, cradling her against their arms. But a dark cloud started to cover her family and her parents started to fade away. She cried into the wind to let them come back.

Kaliska woke to the sound of a voice. She had the nightmares again but at least she was saved from the terrible ending. The wolf smelled of the Phoenix Valley pack so she wasn't alerted, just surprised. Her quick trick had worked! She slowly moved to face the stranger. "Yes I'm fine, I just got caught in the winds and tried to find shelter, I'm thankful you found me. I'm new to the pack so I don't really know where any shelters are."

She crawled out of the make-shift den and shuttered against the cold winds. She looked at the wolf. He looked just like her with the arctic pelt but he had a scar on his muzzle and fiery red pupils. The eyes were new to her, she had never seen someone with eyes like that.

<style>
.layla-txt {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Jqi3H.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; margin:5px auto; width:475px; }
.layla-txt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.layla-txt .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.layla-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.layla-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.layla-txt u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
When the figure spoke, it was female. On that note, she seemed glad that the male had found her. Pendzez was also lucky to find her here. He couldn't bare to see a fellow pack member with no shelter, especially a new member, out here in the cold. The burrow, which she had made, seemed only to keep out some of the cold. This was gonna be enough. She would need a nice warm fire and some good food in her.

As the female emerged from the den, the white male saw that she was also white, like him, however, she had no visible scars, and had green eyes. Of course, Pendzez was willing to offer his home as shelter until she settled in, and was able to find somewhere of her own. "Well, thats no good, now is it? My cabin ain't too far. We have a nice fire and some food."
[html]

Word Count → 190 :: 0 points

With gratitude bowed her head to the male and smiled. He was willing to share his home with her, packs were definitely not hateful. So far it seemed to be more like a large and extended family then a cruel group. Her mother most have had a bad experience with her pack. Kaliska new she would probably love pack life, so long as she obeyed the rules and was friendly to everyone. The thought also brought to her the fact that she is afraid of new people. But in the situation right now, she felt no need to fear him since he was he only help away from the bone-chilling cold. She would have to get used to talking to new people and get over her shyness.

"My name is Kaliska by the way, what is yours?" She watched the male and noticed the woods and rabbits in his hands. She wanted to be nice so she smiled. "Do you need any help with the wood?" She didn't ask about the rabbits because she thought he may get aggressive towards the food, so she didn't want to take the chance.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
pardon my delay

When the female spoke her name, the white male was quick enough to repeat it in his mind a few times, so not to forget it later. Where had the female come from? From the looks of it, she had been in a minimal to no packs at all. From the start, she was shy, but seems to be opening slowly to the male. "Nice to meet you, Kaliska. My name is Pendzez Zazkex." He did a formal bow, even though he had his hands full

He looked to the wood he had in his arm. It was nice to know someone was asking if they could help, however, he didn't want someone new, especially a soon to be guest in his cabin, to carry things that he, as a host, should carry. "Oh, no thank you. I can handle it." He gestured the female the direction of his cabin, eventually taking steps that way
[html]

Word Count → 242 :: 0 points, It's all good Big Grin

She felt comfortable being in a pack, but Kaliska still had yet to be fully comfortable. Becoming close and known in this new pack was going to take her a while, but she was going to make it a goal to become a full member to this pack. Pack life wasn't going to be that hard, she hoped...

The wolf told her his name and bowed, this she was not accustomed to. But that is what the wolf named Falgar had done as well, so maybe they all bow in a formal fashion. "A very nice name Pendzez, it has a sense of power to it." Kaliska smiled shyly but refused to be embarrassed. She was possibly going to stay with him at his home, so she might as well start to get used to him.

Even being nice she kind of felt a sense of sorrow because she couldn't help, but she asked no further. There was no need to upset the wolf, he was obviously capable of handling himself. She followed him as he walked. She thought about how his home might look. Was it possibly a den like she had lived in for a while, or maybe an abandoned building made by the humans as she had heard stories of as a pup. She was excited to see what it was but kept the feeling to her self so she wouldn't look odd to the wolf ahead of her.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
thanks. Oh, you do know that every 100 words per count equals 1 point, right?

He walked along vigorously, looking back every few moments to see if the new female was still tailing him. It has been a good while since he last had a visitor to his cabin. The last one he had, from memory, was his sister. However, se has gone off now, to see the lands beyond the oceans. When she was going to return, that was a mystery. However, in time, she will return, probably with flora studies, since she had a soft spot for colorful flowers.

He gave a smile as she complimented on his name. Indeed, it had power, even nobility. Her name sounded interesting too. He hasn't heard of a name like that. "Thank you." He peaked his eyes up as his cabin came into view, still standing resistant against the wind. "There it is. Home." He looked back again as he stepped even more closer to sanctuary from the harsh cold.
[html]

Word Count → 247 :: 0 points, Ohh! thank you I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to that! Big Grin

Walking with the male she noticed the nature around her. The ice was still terrible, but the world here had a peaceful look to it. Kaliska was a fan of nature and the silence it sometimes gave, rarely. She loved to hear the birds sing and the smaller animals race across the ground to get away from stalking predators. Kaliska was never much of a small animal hunter, she preferred the larger more agile prey. Thinking of the prey made her stomach growl, she hadn't eaten in a while.

Pendzez would periodically look back at her. She guessed it was to see if she was still there. Then she noticed the cabin coming ever closer to them. It was beautiful, not anything like she would have guessed. "It is amazing!" She had never stayed in a cabin, so this was a new experience for her.

She started thinking about her previous homes. When she was a small pup with her parents they lived in a stone den. It was gorgeous with a patch nearby that had thousands of flowers in it. The home sufficed her need to be with nature. The other homes she had lived in were enough but none had been like her first home. It was also the fact that her parents were no longer with her, so she never took time to really search for a good and lasting home. She knew now that she was going to have to search for one.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
No problem Smile

He stepped up to the porch as they were now, at the front door. The girl seemed amazed by it, that made him smile. He could tell she's never been in a cabin before. He would be happy to open her to this new experience. "Thank you. Gets even better inside." He opened the door and it creaked open before them, soon to be letting out a slight warmth from the fire that was left on.

He walked inside with the wood, placing them next to the fire, and the rabbits, placing them on the table with the chopping board. He went back to the fire as he threw some dry pieces in, heaing the flames crackle. He looked back to the door, seeing she was still out. "Come on in." He said as he gestured her to come in out of the cold.
[html]

Word Count → 125 :: 0 points

Walking up to the door of the gorgeous home, Kaliska got anxious. It seemed like an honor to stay in a home like this. Staring inside she saw how neat the home was. She watched the male walk through the door, but she stayed at the entrance. She wouldn't walk in until she was invited.

When she walked in, she closed the door behind her. She smiled as the warmth engulfed her. She hasn't felt warm in a few days, she hasn't had time to settle down and start a fire. The cabin was cozy and she felt peaceful. Her only thought was where she would stay, she definitely didn't want to be a bother to Pendzez or anyone else he had in his home.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Now, the white male had wondered if the weather would die down tomorrow. He was going to let a fellow pack mate, especially a new one, out in the cold and harsh snow. If it was summer, then that would be better. It would be hospitable for him to allow her to stay the night or two, at least til she found a place of her own. The only thing was, where would she sleep? Of course, the cabin had enough room. Maybe the couch, which was along the wall, would suffice for the female.

He looked over to the couch and looked back to Kaliska. It was decently sized, compared to the female, so she won't have any problems with legs hanging over the edge. However, importantly, it was her choice if she wanted to stay. "I think you should stay for a while, at least til the wind dies, maybe even the night, if you want to. I'm sure my mate won't mind."
[html]

Word Count → 317 :: 3 points

She watched the wolf look around his cabin. She thought about sleeping here, would it be to much? If he said so she would stay only a night then leave first thing tomorrow, just so she wouldn't be a bother. If need be she could sleep on the floor, she was used to sleeping on the stone ground. If she was lucky she could possibly find a small patch of flowers or soft grass to sleep on, but that was rare in the winter. This wolf was sympathetic and she admired that. He wouldn't be that terrible of a friend.

Hearing what he said, she thought. One night would suffice her, then she would go and look for a new home. He had a mate? She would love to meet her, and knowing what little she knew about Pendzez his mate had to be nice. "Is your mate by any chance coming home soon? I wouldn't want to be a bother to her." Being as courteous and shy as she was, she always feared she would bother someone. She had only known her mother and father growing up, so determining whether other people liked her or not was not a skill Kaliska had just yet learned.

Kaliska just stood in her place because she didn't know where she should go. She could sit on the floor or on the couch but she didn't dare just yet. She wondered if she looked like a scared rabbit to him. She was scared and kind of uncomfortable, but she wasn't about to walk out the door and completely ignore his courtesy.

She started thinking, like she always does. Does he possibly have pups? She guessed she would see soon. She did like pups, whether they were young or old. Her problem though was that she didn't know how to act around them, since she never had any brothers or sisters.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
From all the pieces of furniture that was present in the cabin, the couch seemed felicitous for the female to use. It might be more comfy for her. He didn't want her to sleep out there in the cold, when inside, it was warm, cosy, and, of course, there was enough room for another. Pendzez and Xeris raised three pups in this cabin, so, by default, there would be enough room. To turn against his own courtesy, well, would Xeris even be his mate? Don't think so.

She seemed open to the night offer here. Hopefully, tomorrow, if the winds have died down, she could depart to search for a home of her own. There were still some free cabins, which weren't destroyed by the snowstorm, that could possibly offer her permanent, or a long-term at least, sanctuary. If none was found, mabye some of the other buildings could offer her long-term shelter. If that was a problem, well, at least making a den was a last resort.

When it came to the point of his mate, Pendzez has noticed that she wasn't present. Well, she was recovering quite well from her injuries from the fallen tower, that was northeast of the cabin. She might have been out for a little, so she can regain strength to her feet. It would be a good thing, to stand up and walk a bit, but not too much. "She will be any minute now. Trust me, you won't be a bother."

She didn't seem to move from the spot she stood in, as if she was waiting for permission. Pendzez could understand this. She was new, and she didn't seem to have received this kind of hospitality. Pendzez gave a warming smile, as he said, "You don't have to stand there. You can sit on the couch." He pointed to the couch that was along the wall, in case she didn't know what it was.
[html]

Word Count → 318 :: 3 points

The roomy cabin looked large enough for a family of five, but she wasn't sure of how large it really was. She would probably see the whole family, if there was a "family" or if it was just him and his mate. He said his mate would be in soon, so then she may not feel as uncomfortable as she currently did. She wondered if it was the fact that he was a stranger to her, or if was the fact that she was alone with some other wolf's mate. He seemed to nice to worry about, but you couldn't be to careful. Yet even though she had just met the wolf earlier that day, she already admired his hospitality and care for his pack. She hoped she could be the same, soon.

She kept her head low and shyly shuffled her way over to the couch against the wall. Being in her four-legged form, the one she was most comfortable in, she could curl into a ball comfortably. She let out a deep breath and put her head down on her paws, watching the white wolf move around his cabin. Slowly she drifted into a very shallow sleep, partially awake but still enough to rest her tired body.

Kaliska thought about the terrible trek to this new place. It was known for is prosperous pack, but she never expected it to be like this. Pack's were good and loving to each other, a family that is wide spread and has many stories to entertain the rest. Life would hopefully be good for her now and she greatly appreciated it. A life of being alone and hardly able to survive was not a life for a young wolf, whether it be Luperci or not. Every wolf, being young or old, needs a family. A group of others to help them through everything and to love them through it all.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

i believe that's my cue. welcome to 'souls, pickles!

wc 367 [3]

Xeris had not expected the wind to pick up so quickly and heavily when she first went out for her little stroll. Upon leaving the cabin, the weather had been rather nice--nice for this time of the year, anyway--and the sudden chill seemed to come out of nowhere. Knowing that she was still a bit weak, the white-furred wolfess had decided to make her way back to the cabin, surveying the area nearby as she went. The water in the lakes had, thankfully, receded; she had not seen the area while it was flooded but knew that it had done so. Though there was still snow on the ground, it was noticeably less than before, surely due to the few peeks of sunlight that the area had received over the past few weeks. Anything was better than that snowstorm, she supposed.

In her two-legged form, the scarred female approached her home, wondering idly if anyone else was there. Carwyn had left just before her to gather supplies. He was a smart boy, and Xeris knew that if he got caught in the wind he could find a place to take shelter. Pendzez had also been gone, also doing some collecting or hunting or patrolling or something of the like. She was used to the members of her family being away, particularly recently when she had stayed in the cabin mostly by herself while recovering from her injuries.

As she reached the wooden structure, taking note of the fact that it was happily still standing and the repairs that had been made seemed to be working, Xeris pulled the door open. Shivering from the cold, she stepped inside and looked around, surprised to see not only Pendzez but someone else as well. "Hello Pendzez," she greeted him with a smile, walking closer to him. Turning her head to the other white female, Xeris spoke again. "Hello there. I don't think I've seen you before, you must be new to the Valley." She continued to smile warmly. "It's always good to meet a new face. I'm Xeris. I guess you must have come in here to avoid the weather. You're welcome to stay here as long as you want."

<style type="text/css">
.sun b {font-weight:bold; color:#f0e9d9; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sun-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:right; }
.sun p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.sun {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#4dc2e5; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796555; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#796555; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 312 :: 3 points, thanks! I think i'm finally getting the hang of this xD

Thinking of her parents always made Kaliska tear up. She missed them so dearly and if she could find the killers of her parents, she would hunt them down and make them go through the same torture. But she still couldn't understand why the wanderers attacked her family. There was plenty of area to live in and numerous amounts of prey to hunt, why did they have to take the life of two innocents for no reason. Kaliska wasn't much of an aggressive wolf, but thinking about the killers was excruciatingly painful. Would she really kill them if she got the chance? She wondered if they might have had pups, she would never kill a parent and orphan their children. For that reason her parents had always told her she was a fair-minded and thoughtful towards those who didn't even deserve it.

Kaliska was taken from her thoughts when the cabin door opened and a gust of wind blew in. A white wolfess walked in, she wondered if majority of wolves around here were white. The wolfess had noticeable scars on her, just like Pendzez. Kaliska was still stuck to the idea of not asking, it wasn't her place to ask that personal of a question. But what ever had happened to her, it had taken most of her ear off and left pink scars on most of her body.

"Yes I am new, I had just joined earlier today." She smiled shyly at the wolfess' warmth and compassion. She guess they whole family must be very compassionate. "I will only stay a night, as to not bother you anymore then I already am." Kaliska thumped her tail slightly against the couch, but she made no effort to move off the couch. Tomorrow she was going to find a home for herself and hopefully get to start her new life with ease.

<style>
</style>
[/html]