Come out, I know you're there!
[html]

Oh, the fun we're gonna have...

Arwen enjoyed terrifying other canines. Especially coyotes. It was becoming a hobby for her, as well as a petty, naive form of revenge. She wanted her revenge, and she was going to get her revenge, giving those insufferable coyotes something to think about. Starting with Slade. She wasn't going to hurt him, only scare the hell out of him like she usually did. Oh, she had the perfect thing planned, and boy was it going to be fun!

The girl had been observing the owl for quite a while now, carefully examining its physical characteristics and its behavior. It would be perfect for her plan. As the owl swooped within her reach, she put her paw up lazily and caught it, grabbing its legs. It didn't resist, of course. She just had that effect on birds, being able to tame almost all of them, including the largest, proudest eagles. The bird let out a blood-curdling screech, preened its feathers, and perched on her shoulder. She waited, making her way closer to Cercatori, knowing Slade would be within range for her evil plan to work.

Her feet stepped silently, rhythmically on the soft ground. Just as she was nearing the borders of Cercatori, she vaulted into a tree, and waited for her victim to come. The owl perched on her shoulder, and being barely visible, they could easily be mistaken for the shadow of a demon. Perfect.

<style type="text/css">
.arwenmadness b {font-weight:bold; color:#112539; letter-spacing:1px; }
.arwenmadness .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#112539}
.arwenmadness p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.arwenmadness {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#44494b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wWQ56.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#836b4c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Oh yeah. >Big Grin
WC: 337

Finally, finally, finally, Slade had met three new packmates: Krystalle, Gunnar, and Arwen. He had made a vow to meet three new packmates before returning to Ethereal Eclipse. Now the task was complete. Early that morning, he suddenly remembered that he was going to meet Deirdre; the horror and paranoia of the murder and meeting Arwen had almost made him forget about the loner. By then, he was assured that Arwen's rabbits weren't poisoned, and he started his walk towards Ethereal Eclipse.

He walked silently, crouching and trying to be as unobvious as possible. As Sky had said at the meeting a few days before, because he was alone he was vulnerable to attack, so he had to be fast and quiet. By the time he had reached the borders he lifted his head and let himself walk along at a normal pace. He tilted his nose to the air, hoping to pick up Deirdre's scent, but instead getting that of a way-too-familiar female.

Run now, Slade, he thought, his paws suddenly frozen to the ground. Based on scent, the she-demon wasn't far away. Slowly his eyes crept to a tree not far from him... and BAM. It was Arwen. He could have easily mistaken her shadow for something else if he hadn't caught her scent earlier. It didn't help his fear. She's been stalking me!

Trying to make his horror unobvious, Slade looked up and tried to meet her eye; the trees shrouded her in shadows, however, and it was a bit difficult to make out her facial features. She was in optime, and there was some weird lump on her shoulder. "I see you," he stated bluntly. "If you're going to kill me, why were you stalking me? You could have just destroyed me when I was farther away from Thornbury." If she really was the murderer, insulting her intelligence wasn't the best thing to do, but now that she knew he had seen her Slade figured he was dead meat in three, two, one....

<style type="text/css">
.angryslade b {font-weight:bold; color:#a70000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.angryslade .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times; font-size:14px; text-align:center;}
.angryslade p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.angryslade {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DFJuE.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fa0000; padding: 10px 0px 257px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e3737; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
OOC: I can practically feel Slade’s reaction to this…

The girl hissed in frustration as the male noticed her. Damn it, damn it, damn it! She had been looking forward to this prank and now it was all ruined, just because she hadn’t picked a good enough hiding spot. Based on what she knew about the male, she was convinced he’d run as soon as he got the chance, which was now. But he didn’t. Stupid males… especially coyotes… so unpredictable… Then she realized that she might actually get the chance to pull her prank. It would require some improvisation though, now that she’d been seen. Oh well. She jumped out of the tree and gave the male her “I’m gonna get you!” look, leaving her owl perched on the branch.

“Oh, silly you, you thought I was going to hurt you, when I was only going to have a little… how should I say this… fun! But of course, you don’t know how to have fun, do you? Aw, poor you. Well, now it’s time to teach you how insane maniacs like me operate!” She gave him another one of her creepy looks, the veins nearly popping out of her eyeballs, her lips curved upwards in a maniacal smile, exposing her fangs. Her hand reached the branch the owl was perched on and gave it a shake. It had the desired effect, and the owl came flying out, screeching, careening towards Slade. She vaulted back into the tree and waited.
[html]

OOC: ORLY?
WC: 310

The scene was all to familiar to Slade, especially when Arwen jumped out of the tree to stare at him. He had done this before, standing there, trying his best to conceal his fear, when a possible murderer stood over him. Things were slightly different this time. He wasn't facing a loner. This was a packmate, and there was no way she was going to murder him when they were in open territory; even if it was close to the borders, the scent of a dead coyote would be too strong to ignore.

He was letting his pride get in the way of common sense again, but instead of trying to look her in the eye he noticed that her shoulder was completely normal. What was that in the tree...?

He found out too late. He managed not to yelp and only jump back when the shadow became an owl, swooping towards him like he was a mouse. He didn't want to hurt the owl, so his first instinct was to duck. Feathers grazed the top of his head as he barely missed it.

As soon as the owl was gone, Slade stood straight again, now staring right at Arwen's maddened amber eyes. "There goes your pet," he smirked; somehow, dodging the owl 'attack' made him feel far too confident. Maybe it was because, like his encounter with Jaden, he felt that he was going to survive this. Even if Arwen wanted to try to freak him out, he couldn't imagine a reason she would have for killing him in cold blood. As he had thought before, killing him here would just be stupid. If he was a killer - though the only thing he had ever killed was prey and maybe a couple of annoying flies - he would be much more careful about where he destroyed his victims.

<style type="text/css">
.angryslade b {font-weight:bold; color:#a70000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.angryslade .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times; font-size:14px; text-align:center;}
.angryslade p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.angryslade {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DFJuE.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fa0000; padding: 10px 0px 257px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e3737; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

You little ****!!!!!!!!!

The fact that the male did not seem freaked out irked the girl, making her claws tingle like they wanted to rip into flesh. "Aww come on, you suck!" she said before thinking. "Everyone else I try to scare is still hell bent on getting their revenge on me, not that they'll ever succeed!" The girl was so put out that she, beyond all reason, decided to give up her twisted thoughts and try to make friends with this male.

"Well, too bad. I can catch another owl whenever I want!" It was more of a statement than an exclamation when she began to sing, a reckless song she had heard only once but had memorized. It was a song that reminded her of the things she had the power to do if only she was willing to try.

Well, you know everything's gonna be a breeze

That the end will no doubt justify the means

You could fix any problem with the slightest of ease

Yes please

Well, you might find out, it'll go to your head

When you write a report on a book you never read

With the snap of your fingers you can make your bed

That's what I said

Everything is not what it seems

When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams

You might run into trouble if you go to extremes

Because everything is not what it seems

Everything is not what it seems

When you can have what you want by the simplest of means

Be careful not to mess with the balance of things

Because everything is not what it seems

It was a song perfect for her to sing, one she did not mind the male hearing. Yet it was also a song that put forward the fact that she did not want to be enemies, that despite her messed up mind, she was trying to make friends. She hoped he would get the message and she didn't have to embarrass herself by having to explain.

<style type="text/css">
.arwenmadness b {font-weight:bold; color:#112539; letter-spacing:1px; }
.arwenmadness .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#112539}
.arwenmadness p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.arwenmadness {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#44494b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wWQ56.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#836b4c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Life is just full of surprises, isn't it?
WC: 217

Arwen's song completely confused Slade. It wasn't dark, didn't sound like a threat... so what on earth was the point? Was she trying to say that she wasn't as evil as he thought she was? His focus on not getting scared of her wavered for a moment, but all he felt was pure confusion.

"The end will no doubt justify the means"... "Everything is not what it seems"... he thought. So... she's a spy or something? On the good side? He stared up at her and tilted his head slightly, as he often did when confused. "Are you trying to make me think that you're... not... evil?" It wasn't exactly the nicest way to put it, especially since Arwen now knew exactly how he felt about her, but his mind was reeling and he didn't care. He had never heard a song quite like that before.

With the question asked, his wave of confusion was over and panic started to settle. Why wasn't he running? Why was he just standing there? Still, he wasn't going to give in, and made himself stiff so he wouldn't be tempted to run. If Arwen so much as picked up that he was doubting himself, he didn't have a doubt in his mind that she'd have a field day with him.

<style type="text/css">
.slademount-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.slademount b {font-weight:bold; color:#666633; letter-spacing:1px}
.slademount p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.slademount {margin:0 auto; background-color:#bb9546; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/24f9z0m.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6c531d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #333300; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]