Any answers?!
Okay so I had a question and it goes a bit like this..

Could I make my second character a Dhole, Cuon alpinus (Thats a type of dog..) ?
You may be able to make it but it wouldn't be luperci because the Genus isn't Canis. What I know for certain is that it won't be luperci. I'm not sure how the SA feels about a canine that is native to another area coming over and living in Canada. It's just how would it get here from Asia? How would it make passage on the ship and stuff.
Dang. I was hoping that It could be luperci... Sad Well there goes that idea.

Thanks!
No, Luperci only applies to the Genus Canis. But you're welcome.
Actually, usually if the character is part wolf in one way or another, it would be able to shift. It's pretty unlikely that he wouldn't be at this point anyway, but that's beside the point (purebred dogs would be hybridized by now). So there is still hope!

I can't find the minimum percentage of wolf blood needed in order for it to be possible on the RP Guide right now, but it's there somewhere (I'll keep looking). If you can cross your dog breed with a wolf, you may be able to pull it off. SA can beat me if I'm wrong. Big Grin

As quoted from the Species guide:
Quote:However, only canine species found within the genus Canis are capable of becoming Luperci. This includes all subspecies of wolves (which in turn includes all domestic dogs), coyotes, jackals.

And from the FAQ...
Quote:What species can my character be if I want to play a Luperci?

Any canine of the Canis genus may shift. This includes grey wolves, red wolves, coyotes, the three species of jackals, dogs (both formerly domesticated dogs and "feral" dogs such as Dingoes and New Guinea Singing Dogs), ethiopian wolves, indian wolves, and himalayan wolves. The Species Guide on the RP Guide is a great place to learn information about the Luperci species playable at 'Souls. Maps are available, as are detailed information pages about each species.

Take a look at the Hybridization guide as well, for a little more info on hybrids and whatnot.

Re: Asia:
QUOTE (Selene D'Angelo)
I'm not sure how the SA feels about a canine that is native to another area coming over and living in Canada. It's just how would it get here from Asia? How would it make passage on the ship and stuff. [/quote]
Characters from other countries is not at all unusual for 'Souls; the entire Russo family originated in Russia, and a majority of them got to New Brunswick by boat and branched out here, etc. Check out the World Travel Guide in particular for this one. Smile

Hope this helps! Smile
Lin, the Dhole isn't even listed under the Genus Canis so hybridzation won't work from what I know. Like the mixing with a maned wolf. The Genus of the Dhole is Cuon, like how the Maned Wolf is Chrysocyon. I don't think they can breed with those in the Genus Canis as far as I know.

And I know that much, but since the Dhole is unable to become luperci because it is in the wrong Genus wouldn't that make it a creature rather than loner? It would be like a fox. Would the fox be able to book passage on the ship or would it have to be a native of Canada to live and survive in Souls?
He/she referred to it as a dog breed; if it's another species, then the regular species limits prohibiting fox/wolf, maned wolf/wolf hybrids, etc. stand as always. I don't know what a Dhole is, but if it is a breed of the domestic dog, then she can read up more on the guides either way.

If it is the Dhole that is another species crossed with a dog breed, then that would not work. Crossing a wolf with that dog species would, though.

Thanks for your help, Sylvey!
Yeah, it is a canine native to Asia, I'll link the Wiki page. It's of the wrong genus for it to become hybridized.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhole
Yup, then she needs to either keep the character and have it non-Luperci, as you said, remove the Dhole breeding for a wolven one, make it a "purebred" (as domestic dogs can technically shift, being of Canus) or pretty much come up with a new character. I misread her original post and thought "cuon alpinus" was another name for Dhole or something. Ddderrrrp.

If you want any help with all that or thinking up new character possibilities, Sita, let us know. Big Grin
Yeah, with it not being able to become luperci and gain loner status and would have to be creature is what made me unsure if it would be allowed in Souls. I'm not sure of the travel policy for creatures. But yeah, if luperci is wanted then just pick anything in the Genus Canis and you can mix however. If you need help with that then here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canis

That lists what is covered under the Genus Canis. Well, not the Dire Wolf because that is extinct. But as long as it isn't extinct then you are free to use it.

http://rpguide.soulsrpg.com/species/

The RP Guide gives some insight on what species are allowed and where they are commonly found and such.