The first step
[html]

open to anyone Smile Carwyn's first official post as a pack member. Be nice now :3

The boy had not shaken his excitement so soon. It has been nearly a day, and he was still overwrought with anticipation to give his support to the pack. Today would be his first day to perform his first pack duties. This was so exciting for him. His parents were pleased that Jefferson actually said yes to the boy. Unlike his siblings, that just come and go, Carwyn knew and assured himself, he would not be leaving off to another world anytime soon, or in the future. He might visit places, but never disappear and come back later.

He walked down away from his home, which he shared with his parents, the only place he can come back to; his sanctuary. He looked back as it gotten further and further away, until it was completely out of sight, but the boy kept on, turning back to in front of him. He wouldn't disappoint anyone. Not his parents, not Jefferson, not even his potential friends and acquaintances he would meet along the way on his new path, his new step into the world of pack life.

He had eventually made his way into the Firefly Fields, where he examined the area. The job he had decided to do, was be hunt and take training in the numerous skills. He had no mentor, however. He stopped, only to start thinking. Who would take him? There was his father, but he was into something else. There was his mother, but she was still recovering from the her injuries. Besides, he didn't want to be a burden to her in her current state. Maybe the boy was getting a little ahead of himself. Over excitement.

All he did was lie in the grass, looking up at the sky. He had much to learn, yet no one to help him. If he wasn't so shy and didn't hang around much at home, he might have met someone who would be willing to help him progress. He had so many thoughts, and had no one to help. He let out a soft sigh as he gazed at a passing cloud. "What to do?" he muttered to himself.

<style type="text/css">
.car-mtns b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.car-mtns .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.car-mtns p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.car-mtns {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#A7C9EA; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1gm77o.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Ookami was once again traveling the packlands. He wanted to know every bit of territory that belonged to Phoenix Valley. He was at the Mirror Lakes like he usually was when he caught a new sceant on the air. The wolf that he smelled had obviously been part of Phoenix Valley for a while but the wolf was new to Ookami. He wanted to meet everyone so he made his way to the smell of the wolf.

The sceant led him to Firefly Fields, a place that Ookami rarely visited. Ookami found there a young wolf. "Hello. I am Ookami." His voice came out a little gravely and he cleared his throat. He wanted to introduce himself right from the start, just to get it out there. The boy looked bored, yet full of life. He looked like he wanted someone to talk too. Well, Ookami would definatley be the person for that. He took a seat on the ground. He looked down upon the young male with a kind smile on his face. "How are you today?" He grinned again. He was about three or four feet away from the male, he didn't know his name or anything yet, so Ookami would keep his distance.
[html]

thanks Smile

He was so full of energy and life. Being accepted by Jefferson, he wanted to show this to him, how he could use this to exercise his potential in this pack. However, as Jefferson had said, he would need to seek audience with two certain wolves. Noah and Ookami. He had known so little of the two, however, he had over heard his father speak of a wolf he met that went by the name Ookami when he assisted Angelique in healing people. Where would he even start to search for one of the two wolves. He had no information on where they take residence.

As he gazed up to the blue sky that littered with clouds, he felt a calm moment at that point. He gave a little smile as he laid down, the winds creating a lullaby. He was on the brink of falling asleep.

However, before his eyes closed together, they were opened immediately as a voice came from near. He sat up and looked, only to find another wolf was present. As he looked at the wolf, he saw he was white as well. Since he was an unknown wolf, he was then stricken with shyness. However, the wolf gave his name, which happened to be one of the wolves he was looking for. "Oh, hello. I'm Carwyn, son of Pendzez and Xeris. Jefferson asked me to look for you."

<style type="text/css">
.car-mtns .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.car-mtns {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#A7C9EA; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1gm77o.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

occgoodnessss

As Ookami approached the male he seemed to be close to sleep. When he looked up at Ookami he felt bad.. The male might have wanted to sleep and he just woke him up. He shrugged the thought away. Oh Well... There will be plenty of time to sleep later. Ookami shuffled his feet on the ground, getting slightly cold. He shook out his golden coat gently and let out a breath when he was finished. He looked down at the male in front of him with a smile. When he introduced himself he was slightly surprised. "Really? What for?" Ookami cocked his head slightly.

He had never done anything very special, at least that he could remember. Maybe this male wanted to hunt in the future. He was sure that Jefferson knew of his skill in the hunting area and maybe that is what Jefferson was speaking of. Ookami could definitely help with hunting. It was what Ookami considered his greatest skill. Hunting was fun to Ookami. It was a time when he could be almost completly alone, running and chasing things. The killing part wasn't Ookami's favorite, he always said a qucik prayer for the animal and made it's death as quick and as painless as possible.

<style type="text/css">
.okamifreeb4 b {font-weight:bold; color:#635950; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ffffff; }
.okamifreeb4-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#383838; text-align:center;}
.okamifreeb4 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.okamifreeb4 {margin:0 auto; width:508px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #38332f; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#383838; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
.okamifreeb4-border1 {width:510px; border:3px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.okamifreeb4-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #383838; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

It was immediate that when the new wolf gave his name, Carwyn's shyness disappeared. It was because this wolf, was one of the wolves that Jefferson instructed the Zazkex boy on seeing about his development. He would have went to his parents, but he had been clinging to home for too long. This would a perfect chance to build up on his social interaction skills if he was to meet another wolve.

His tail then wag with anticipation. Immediately, he began to wonder what Ookami would have to offer for him. He certainly seemed nice. "I spoke to Jefferson yesterday," he started off. "I asked to become a full member of the pack. I said to him I was interesting in hunting and learning different skills," he continued on, detaining the shyness and nervousness. "You and Noah were the names he gave me to talk to. So, yeah."

He sat quietly and waited for the other wolf's response. Would he take him and teach? Or would he shun the Zazkex boy?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
sorry for the wait!!!

Jefferson gave his name and Noah's. "Hmm.. Well I could definately help with hunting." Ookami thought for a moment. It might be slightly difficult with his injured leg. But he would try nonetheless. It was getting better and a little hunting wouldn't strain it too much. Would it? Oh well.. Anything to help out a packmate. He smiled. "Anytime you want to get started is fine with me. We could do it now if you want."

Ookami grinned, he had never helped anyone hunt before. No one in his old pack wanted to learn. They were too lazy and just wanted Ookami to take care of it for them. So he did it, feeling needed made him happy. His tail wagged happily. And now he was needed again. Ookami went over what he should teach the boy. He would need to learn to never take more than he needed. To always put the prey's feelings first. Most wolves found these technices strange. But Ookami had taught himself to be kind and thoughtful. These worked for him, even if they didn't work for others. It would be good to keep the nice tradition going. If he taught Carwyn his ways, then surely he would teach others the way he was taught. And they would teach it too. Ookami gave a small nod of satisfaction. He would be glad to help out the boy.

and sorry for the oh-so crappy post!
[html]

Pardon my tardiness. :3

The boy was quite happy and cheerful, like a child that had just been giving a new toy to play with. He was lucky today. He was going to be taught how to hunt and miscellaneous skills. He gave Ookami a big smile in anticipation. This would be so exciting. It was weird though. He was so shy, now he wasn't. It was a good kind of weird, none the less. "Sooner, the better, I suppose.

The question is: what would be the lessons? Where should they start? From the beginning, yes, but what was the beginning? He would have to trust the older wolf, not that he didn't. If he was the wolf that Jefferson named, then the Patriarch even trusted him. If Jefferson trusted him, then there was no reason not to trust him. He sat eagerly and waited patiently for Ookami to reply.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
No problem(:

Ookami grinned. He was happy that he finally got to teach someone his methods of hunting. He was also happy that Jefferson trusted him enough to send a young wolf to him so he could train. He looked Carwyn in his eyes, his own sparkling. "I have a few different opinons on hunting. First, you never take anymore than you need too. Second, always.. always kill the animal in the quickest way possible as to not put it through more pain than it really has to endure. Third, before killing the animal completly always say a little thanks and a prayer for the animal.. A simple 'Thank you, your time on earth has been appreciated,' will do." He smiled, hoping that Carwyn respected his outlooks on hunting.

"Also, before we hunt. The best thing to do is get to know your surroundings. You need to first study the animal, to see where it will run to should it get scared. You need to know your lands inside out so you have the advantage. If your chasing a dear and it pulls ahead of you, but you know where the dears hide you can easily pull ahead and pounce on your prey." Ookami nodded his head. "If you have no other questions and are ready to study your prey, then lets go." Ookami gave a small smile and waited to see whether or not Carwyn had a question are statement to his thoughts.