The wolf meets the pencil
OOc: Let me know if something needs changing. ^^

Leon shakily rolled to his feet, his breath still coming in ragged gasps. He glanced around, his defenses up and his brain running a hundred situations through it in a single moment, causing his head to throb a bit. He didn't see anything. Nothing. He looked towards the entrance of the cave he had chosen to sleep in. It was still dark out, but some pink was showing in the eastern part of the sky. With a sigh, Leon walked out of his night.

The bed he had been given in the mansion was very comfortable, and he was allowed his privacy. None of that had driven him out. It was his dreams. The nightmares had been returning, and he didn't want to make any of the other members concerned or irritated with him, so he had gone out to find a cave to spend his nights in. He woken up screaming or crying many times before, though his sleep up to now inside Haven Manor had been free of dreams thanks to his wounds and his body attempting to heal itself, leaving him to rest silently.

Leon continued to walk calmly through the woods, heading towards the Manor. He was slowly reigning in his emotions so that he would be presentable once he was there. His mind continued to work on composing himself, while his body moved easily through the brush. He was grateful that he was able to adapt quickly to moving on two feet, and that his agility was still the same. He was a bit slower than his regular form, but that wasn't too much a concern. His hands though... His hands were practically useless except for grabbing items, or catching himself. As he amused himself by flexing his fingers to different angles, and bending them into a fist, listening to the cracks and pops of his joints.

Coming out of his little reprieve, Leon saw the Manor rise up before him, the sun barely above the horizon. He paused outside the door, then continued in at a slower pace, careful not to make a sound. He wandered carefully around the first floor, wandering from room to room, inspecting the house for the first time. As he passed through one room on the first floor he froze.

The room had many windows, and was littered with many drawings and papers, which amazed the dark Timber. But what had frozen him in the doorway was that the room had an occupant. Leon didn't know if the woman was awake or not, but he carefully backed into the previous room, kicking a few items from the floor back with him. Intruding into another wolf's privacy was something he knew to be a bad idea.

Sighing in relief, Leon glanced curiously to his feet, spying an odd small stick, and some scattered paper. Scooping the stick up, Leon walked away from the door, still examining the item. He found a chair and sat down, poking the item into the chair leg, watching in amazement as it left behind a gray mark where he had put it. He dragged the pencil down the chair leg, trailing lines on the chair leg. He quietly chuckled to himself, finding an odd sense of joy in this.
[html]

thanks for starting!

In the early morning hours Mati was often left to her own devices, her mate and seeking the rising sun and new spring air to gather herbs and plants for her herbal remedies. The glass jars sat along the window shelves, some held colors of blue and green and their hued reflection of light danced on the wall as the sun pierced through them. Often she would lay, sleep not fully over taking her and yet her eyes remained closed while thoughts rolled behind her eyes with images of new paintings and creations. A moment of meditation to gather her inspiration just as she thought her beloved was collecting her medical plants.

The first noise did not bother the Dreamer, a rustle was all it sounded like. But the wolfess' senses were stirred and she could not find her center of peace again. Mati sat up, purple eyes opening and looking to the doorway to see who had perhaps poked their head in. It did not smell like her mother, the familiar odor second nature to her nose after all her years, who often came to visit her. All Mati caught was the movement of a dim shadow, and with her curiosity perked she was brought to her foot-paws to the worm floor and walked to the door.

Bronze tinted face looked out from her room and she saw the male who had left the scent trail. He was new, the Crimson Dreaming scent not yet lanced between every piece of fur and leaving a wild tint that tickled her nose. Hello Mati spoke, seeing that he was concentrating on the chair and with a pencil in hand. One of her pencils. Its generally not used for that. The artist commented, her tone light and still friendly. She wondered why he was drawing on the chair.

<style type="text/css">
.matiapril01-box {width:140px;height:60px;float:right;}
.matiapril01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#eae1da; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #46392f; }
.matiapril01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#46392f; text-align:center;}
.matiapril01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.matiapril01 {margin:0 auto; width:486px; background-color:#b39680; background-image:url(http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h37 ... april1.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #eae1da; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#46392f; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.8px; text-align:justify;}
.matiapril01-border1 {width:492px; border:1px solid #46392f; margin:0 auto;}
.matiapril01-line1 {width:340px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a48a76; margin: 5px 10px 3px 5px ; float:center;}
</style>
300+
[/html]
Is Anu Mati's birth mother, or is it Naniko? ^^' I don't know how tall Mati is XD

Leon jumped and dropped the pencil in the process, fumbling to catch it. In the end, it fell the short ways to the floor, and Leon was left sitting there, his ears back in embarrassment. He looked up and met the eyes of the female, glad to hear a friendly tone in her voice. "Er, hello there." He said clumsily, clasping his hands together as he sat up. After composing himself, he considered what she meant by "not used for that."

Scratching his head, Leon spoke up again. "Begging your pardon ma'am, but used for what exactly? And what would is it usually used for?" He questioned, his ears perking forward, curiosity filling his tone. Then his eyes opened wider for a second, and he almost hit his own head. He stood and bowed. "Forgive me, I didn't mean to disturb your rest, or intrude." He apologized, righting himself once more. "My name is Leon ven Liudesys. I recently joined this pack." He stated softly, making sure his voice was loud enough to hear easily, but not awaken any other wolves. He knelt down and picked up the fallen pencil, then stood and offered it to shorter wolf.

He felt bad for bothering the female, and worried about how she actually felt over it. While she sounded friendly, it could have just been a front for speaking with him. He didn't want a pack member mad at him, especially so soon.
[html]

Naniko is her birth mom, so she is above average height

Mati simply stood there, watching the male as he fumbled around and waited for him to find his composure once more. She knew that he was a new member, the wilds of the world still embedded in his scent. But she smiled soflty, feeling sorry that she had surprised him so. And she waited patiently, letting him find his voice and reply. Ears listened, answering his question easily "Its for writing and drawing." She paused before adding, "On paper." that was key, in her mind. Of course she found humor in the idea that he had been drawing on the chair.

"I'm Mati Church." She said as he introduced himself. Yes, a new member indeed. He seemed uneasy in his new surroundings. But that was natural for the newcomers, she had seen it many times. It made the woman grateful that she had never needed to move from her birth pack. "Well, welcome Leon. I hope you have settled in alright."

She took the pencil, nimble and practiced fingers placing in the correct hold she used to draw and write. "Where did you come from Leon?" She wondered what sort of place he hailed from, a world less civilized she imagined. Though she did not see the new male as savage or impolite. No, she found him pleasant and honorable even in the few moments she had come to know him. But, the bronze woman could not help but wonder.

<style type="text/css">
.matiapril01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#eae1da; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #46392f; }
.matiapril01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#46392f; text-align:center;}
.matiapril01 {margin:0 auto; width:486px; background-color:#b39680; background-image:url(http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h37 ... april1.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #eae1da; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#46392f; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.8px; text-align:justify;}
.matiapril01-line1 {width:340px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a48a76; margin: 5px 10px 3px 5px ; float:center;}
</style>
[/html]
As the woman explained what the pencil was used for, he had a general idea what drawing was, but wasn't certain. Leon opened his muzzle and asked another question. "I've never actually seen anyone 'draw' on paper before... For that matter, I don't know if I've seen anyone draw before." He said embarrassed again.

Leon nodded slightly, not willing to speak of his troubled sleep to the new female. She seemed nice enough, but his internal fears and doubts kept him quiet. He spoke up, deciding to only speak half his mind. "Yes, I believe that I have, thank you." He replied in a friendly tone, his face showing the same.

He starred as her fingers swiveled the pencil into a different grasp and held it easily in her hand, while he held it in a death grip. When her question registered in his ears, his demeanor grew a little more solemn, his back straightening against the chair behind him. Her tone was inquisitive, and hadn't bothered him. But with the nightmare so fresh on his mind, Leon was as uncomfortable as he was when he'd snapped at Amata on their first meeting. He looked down at the ground between his feet for almost a minute before glancing up again, meeting the females eyes with a sad smile. "Well... I come originally from a small valley to the south, closer to the east coast than west, where I was born into a large pack of wolves. It was quiet, and usually never snowed, so the trees and flowers were always showing. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a new pack there now, chasing the deer." He paused when he finished, then spoke up. "And what about you, Mati? Were you born and raised here?"
[html]

She shouldn't have been surprised when he that he had never seen someone draw, since he hadn't know what the utensil was used for. The wolfess was so used to the art, for she had been painting before she was even half a year old, that she didn't see how any beast could be fully oblivious to it. Mati quelled her surprise, and did not judge the male for it. She took it as an opportunity to show, teach and share her favorite hobby. I could show you. She offered, excited for the opportunity to show off a few pieces of her art.

The Dreamers were ones that cared for one another. She knew that most packs were like that, seeing to the needs of one another and caring deeply for those that had just come into their ranks or those that had been the ones to establish them. It was a principle that Mati had grown up with, even with the fall of her birth mother, even with her battle against a shadowed male and the struggles she had face while finding herself she had never forgotten that defining ideal. Good. She replied with smile just as he gave her a cordial look. But if you need anything, just ask. She offered. Just in case.

The wanderer's stories were almost always interesting. Tales of far away places, areas of different scenery and climates and cultures. Savina was from a place far far away, they didn't even speak the common tongue that was natural for them here. He spoke of his travels, but they were brief and Mati found them vague and left many questions. But the Church woman was a polite one, and only nodded at the things he wished to reveal to her and answered his question with a practiced explanation. Born and raised. My mother is the second in command here.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
300+
[/html]
OOc: Ugh, so short. ><

Leon smiled at the women's offer, nodding an affirmative. "I'd like that. I've been meaning to find out what others do as Luperci." He stated. All he could do was hunt, track, and fight. Not much of a help compared to Amata's medical skills.

He felt odd when she told him that help was only a question away. He had grown accustomed to relying on himself, and staying out of the way of others. He shook away the feeling, reminding himself that he was a part of a pack now. A family. "Will do Mati." He said in a grateful tone, glad this meeting was going so well. He hoped to himself that Phoenix would hear about his being in Crimson Dreams, and make his way there. He hoped...

"Haha, gerai, būtų ne jūs tai žinote. Go figure that I'd meet the daughters of the two highest wolves." He said, chuckling to himself. The odd coincidence amused Leon, seeing as how Savina had met him while he was half dead, he wondered how he would meet the second in command. He pictured himself humorously with no arms, wriggling on the ground. "I pray that my meeting with your mother will be under better circumstances." He said with a grin. 'unless I'm dead by then, it should be...
[html]

nbd, shorts fine

His words were interesting, giving a little more light to his past. Though it was obvious that the male had been in a fight or two, she had not thought that he had been born without that ability to shift. It was the only conclusion that she could come to with the influence his comments gave. But the woman didn't pry, the chance that the topic was a little too close to his heart far too great. Instead she gave a small wave with her hand and invited him into her room. "Come on." she beckoned.

Nothing seemed off about extending help, and she walked into the room with a light smile on her maw. They were family, and though there was a new responsibility placed onto Leonard now that he was part of the pack the benefits always outweighed the work.

She had looked down to the large table that sat in her room. The mourning dove that shared the space cooed softly, no doubt curious about who she had brought with her. When he spoke though, she looked back to his scarred face with a wondering smile. "Which of Savina's daughters have you met? She asked with great interest. Had he met her mate? There was a much greater chance that he had met one of the others though. Cambi told her just about everything. She had a piece of paper in her hand, but wanted to know the answer before they began.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
~
[/html]
[html]

OOc: Sorry I'm taking so long ><'

The Timber slowly followed Mati into her studio, keeping a respectful distance from her. Once they were both inside the room, Leon took another look around, glancing at the drawings and random items that lay around the room. Then his eyes fell upon the lone dove in the room. With a alight tilt of his head he sniffed in the birds scent, before asking curiously. "Is something wrong with the bird?"

Leon smiled at the question and met the woman's purple eyes. "Amata Sadira. In fact, if it weren't for her, not only would I likely not be a member of Crimson Dreams... I'd probably be dead as well." He said humbly, rolling his left arm. He wondered just what might have happened if he hadn't trusted in any packs for assistance after his fight with the twisted male. Shrugging the dark thought away, the male focused on the present. Another time.

Shuffling his feet, Leon glanced at the paper she was holding. He had never seen anyone draw before, and as such was very anxious to see what she would do. The pencil he had kicked by mistake had amused him greatly, and all he did was run it randomly on the chair leg. 'I wonder if anyone will even notice it...'

<style>
.leoriver01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.leoriver01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.leoriver01 b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.leoriver01 {background-color:#c0cfb5; background-image:url(http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5813 ... iver01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#315035; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

sorry for my wait as well! slowly getting back into posting..

The question made the Church woman shake her head softly. Oh no. Well, he had a broken wing but Cambria fixed it and now he simply stays with us. She spoke with a smile. Enzo's health was perfect as a dove could be, but he did not venture outside. Mati hadn't asked if her mate had plans for releasing him, but knew that she cared for the little bird deeply. Mati did not pressure her to free the bird, for he seemed content within the walls of the Manor.

He smiled, something Mati certainly noticed, and answered her question. Bronze locks moved wistfully as she nodded, I've been told she is a very good healer. Mati hadn't experienced her talents first hand, but she had heard good things about the Sadira's healing powers. The pack was lucky to have more the one wolf who understood that workings of the body and how to tend to wounds. The winter had been a harsh one and they had needed both Cambria and Amata. I am glad she was able to help you. Her tone was warm and genuine.

Mind moved back towards the task that her hands held and Mati stood before the table with paper placed on its solid surface. She took the pencil, holding it her hand and held up the pair. How you hold it is up to you, how ever you feel comfortable. She instructed, her teaching voice used with the pups she cared for prominent. Then, slow and steadily with a light pressure you bring it to the paper. She moved it downward, drawing a curved line. Mati looked at the dark male, purple eyes meeting his own with the pencil out for him to grab.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
~
[/html]
[html]

OOC Its no problem ^^

Leon nodded at her explanation of the bird’s condition, staring intently at the little thing. He would never understand why prey animals were so willing to be near predators like wolves. It amazed him. He looked away when Mati spoke of Amata, nodding to confirm her statement. ”I owe her more than I can repay.” He said simply, the smile still on his face.

When Mati’s attention returned to the table, Leon moved to get a better view of the paper and listened to her instructions, then gently grasped the pencil, mimicking the way she held it, letting the wooden tool sit comfortably between his fingers. He then did as she instructed and drew a line as she did. Or tried to. His line zigzagged in some places and curved sharply, looking more angular as his hand shook slightly. He grimaced and shook his head at the outcome. ”Well that’s… disheartening.” He said chuckling at his failed attempt. He looked to Mati for advice, his expression showing his willingness to learn.

<style>
.leoriver01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.leoriver01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.leoriver01 b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.leoriver01 {background-color:#c0cfb5; background-image:url(http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5813 ... iver01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#315035; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

It was not the first lesson that the woman had given, and it was likely that it was not the last. But he would be better if he could learn to hold the pencil. It was the very beginnings of writing, and a beast that knew to read and to write had been bettered for their own good. She had been a young wolf when she learned to read text and once she could hold the pencil she began to learn to write the letters she had been staring at.

Purple eyes looked down at the paper as he grasped the writing utensil and pressed it to the paper. She did not correct him, but let him be comfortable with his hold. It was not the way he held it, but he seemed to be going too quickly. Their kind was not used to keeping their arms level and their hand above a table, to hold it there would certainly ask muscles to do something odd. She could see that he was not steady. "No, that's okay." She said with a reassuring smile. "Try to hold it looser, relax your arm. Perhaps we should start with a curve, straight lines can be hard." Mati drew the line, a wave along the paper. "You can even try short lines. Like this." Mati scratched a few short lines onto the paper.

"Do you have a specialty? My co-rank is actually pup-sitter not art teacher. But we haven't had any litters this season." Perhaps he would be more at ease with a little small talk in the background.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
~
[/html]