I could never stay awake through the dark [p]
[html]

For the othe Shae! Set at the shattered coast ^^;

Now that Ezra’s home in the Kingdom was on the beach, the male couldn’t help but hang around the seaside more often. He was, after all, in a bungalow that sat on the sand mere meters from the water. He spent most of his days there, when he wasn’t out exploring or hunting. And now that the weather had finally gotten nice, the hybrid found himself making daily walks down the long and jagged coastline he called home.

Ever had left at the crack of dawn, as usual, and the boy found himself with nothing pressing to do. He checked the borders yesterday and wasn’t planning on scoping them out again, and so the Marquis set off at a trot on the sand, heading north. He wasn’t sure where he was going, or what he was going to do once he got anywhere, but it felt like the right thing to do. The weather was finally looking up, and the wet sand beneath his feet had been warmed by the sun. A cool coastal breeze whipped through his thick hair, chilling him for a moment. Ezra welcomed it, happy the weather was finally turning around, and kept on walking. He knew he was outside the Kingdom’s territory at this point, but the secui just kept on walking.

<style>
.ezra-d06 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ezra-d06 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ezra-d06 b {color:#181205; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.ezra-d06 {background-color:#B68B34; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/_ezra.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#574114; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; }
.ezra-d06-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>

Table by sieluff<3[/html]
[html]

terrroorrrrr twwinnn :3 300+

The Dahlian found herself scourging the seaside territories more and more than her own terrain back in Dahlia de Mai. She only experienced a coastal like area once while growing up, and perhaps it was the different atmosphere that a coast offered altogether that drew her in to come back and discover more. Not to mention that some of the coastal plants found were useful in harvesting (dried seaweed make a perfect snack, as well as to be synthesized for other means), and often the carcasses of eels and fish were tangible enough to eat and take back to Dahlia for a tangible meal for the rest of the pack. The sea breeze felt pleasant blowing through the tousles of her peppered hair and braids, as the Sidhe strolled along the coastline at a leisurely pace. Her owl companion rode upon her right shoulder, as usual. While it was mystifying even to Alae to see a nocturnal creature as Kael awake in midday, it seemed like the switch in hours was finally beginning to take toll upon her companion. He had become a lot less flight-filled, and resorted to remaining perched upon her shoulder for a free ride instead.

There was nothing of particular interest she was after on this day, merely strolling about to come across any particular item or object that happened to catch her eye to investigate more. At some point, there was a two-toned figure of black and white heading in her direction, and while her paced slowed a bit to observe the figure up ahead, she continued to walk. The figure (and which her nose would quickly discern as male from his scent carried along the sea breeze) was husky in size; powerful legs, broad shoulders, a heavy figure to him. By the way his forelegs were a little more longer than usual (and his hind legs more muscular), Alae assumed this male was in Secui. The two of them were approaching another to where there was a small smile to flit across her agouti muzzle, and her pace slowed even more. "Hello. Beautiful day out on the coast, isn't it?" Alae said, seeing as how commenting about the weather was the easiest ice breaker to use.

<style type="text/css">
.triskele b {font-weight:bold; color:#9A7B36; letter-spacing:1px; }
.triskele .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.triskele p {text-indent:25px; padding:2px 20px; margin:0px;}
.triskele {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c7be8a; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/119rz2s.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid gray; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7B6F53; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Table by sie! <3
[html]

Kick me. Please. >_>;;; sorry for taking so long, finals kicked mah buttski. Perhaps we can spree sometime? This is also ridiculously short I’m sorry… muse hasn’t come back after finals yet >_>;;;

In his revelry for the beautiful weather, the male hadn’t spotted a figure along the coast. She was nearby and smelled of Dahlia (though not quite as strongly as Bris had, so perhaps she was new?). It took a strong gust of wind to have the boy snap back to reality. The dirt-colored female before him spoke of the weather, but the words didn’t quite make sense to him. His mind was still foggy and warped. The female didn’t seem threatening, quite the opposite really, which was a relief to the hybrid. Ezra still looked at her for a moment before realizing answering her was a good idea. “Uh, yes, yes it is,” he said hastily, giving the girl an awkward smile. “You new ‘round these parts?” Ezra was always welcoming to newcomers, even if they disrupted his daydreaming.

<style>
.ezra-e09 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ezra-e09 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ezra-e09 b {color:#B4C5E1; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ezra-e09 {background-color:#343A44; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/b8o7zb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #B4C5E1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#11151B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.ezra-e09-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

No worries, I know how that goes! 300+

There was an undertone of uncertainty, perhaps, that Alae sensed within the two-toned male. It was something that was common among those who were strangers to one another, for Alae had the same apprehensive stance when she was a rogue out on her own. It didn't appear as if he was defensive enough to where he puffed his chest in an intimidating manner, so it was just the encounter of a stranger that might have got to him. Alae kept her neutral and airy stance, seeing as how the conversation started off a little awkward, but that was perfectly fine.

Questioning whether or not she was new to these parts, Alae nodded in acknowledgement. "Indeed I am. I'm Alae, the newest of Dahlia de Mai. This is Kael, my companion friend." Alae introduced both herself and the snowy owl upon her shoulder, to which she jiggled a little. Kael kept to his silence, observing the black and white male from his safety perch upon her shoulder.

<style type="text/css">
.triskele .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.triskele {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c7be8a; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/119rz2s.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid gray; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7B6F53; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Table by sie! <3
[html]

The secui kept his distance, but he wasn’t in any mood to hassle the woman. She seemed to not mind him; she started the conversation, after all. When the two-toned man heard that she was from Dahlia, and so his suspicions were confirmed. He gave her a knowing nod at her pack affiliation. Ezra’s acknowledgement of the bird would come later. “Have you met Bris Stormbringer by any chance?” he asked. “She’s quite a lovely lady. Though I’m afraid she’s the only one from your pack that I have had the pleasure to meet.” Ezra stuck to the east coast for the most part; he had no business going over to the Dahlia packlands.

“And hello Kael,” Ezra motioned to the owl and gave it a nod as well. “There’s a man in the Kingdom who keeps birds as well. I’d quite like one someday, a raven or magpie perhaps,” he said, sliding into a semi-daydream again. Ever was his only companion; despite his interest in the black birds he didn’t pursue the interest much. His mate would most likely not be happy at the new addition to the house, and that was a problem the Duke didn’t need to have.

<style>
.ezra-e09 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ezra-e09 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ezra-e09 b {color:#B4C5E1; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ezra-e09 {background-color:#343A44; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/b8o7zb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #B4C5E1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#11151B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.ezra-e09-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

Expecting to receive his own name in return, it appeared the introductory formality was forgotten. It wasn't too much of a worry to Alae, for the two immediately jumped into the conversation of an individual by the name of Bris Stormbringer who was a part of the Dahlian ranks. The two-toned male spoke in quite high regards about her beauty and poise, and the only with which he was familiar with from Dahlia de Mai. Twisting her leathery wolven lips in disappointment, the Sidhe shook her head indignantly. "Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to meet Bris yet since I came to the Dahlian borders not too long ago, but surely I will very soon, for as lovely as you made her be." Alae was still very much new to the ranks, and was an indicator for her to get along with meeting as much of her pack as she could.

Kael ruffled his feathers when the male acknowledged him. Wordless as he always was, the ruffling might have been a gesture that the owl complied with what the Luperci said, but nobody really knew for certain. The Luperci before her spoke about a man in his Kingdom who was a keeper of birds. Having never really met another individual who kept companions of their own (let alone a number of them in their possession), Alae wondered what a man would be doing with so many birds all at once. "A man with many birds? Does he have any use to them, or are they kept as possessions?" Alae further questioned, intrigued upon this topic of bird keeping. He noted how he aspired to have his own one day, either a magpie or a raven. The Sidhe tipped her muzzle in a nod. "Mm. I believe magpies and ravens belong to the same species family if I remember correctly, but knowing from ravens a neighbor of mine kept long ago, they are very temperamental and intelligent." Birds didn't seem like smart creatures on the outside, but like Kael upon her shoulder, Alae had a feeling there were gears turning in the heads, thinking and reasoning just like the Luperci did.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The secui male watched the pallid creature before him with interest as Alae spoke. The owl was totally calm and receptive to the company before him. Kael intrigued him, no doubt, and he was curious as to how happy the duo were together. “I guess he doesn’t mind being awake during the day? Switching to daytime must not have been a pleasant experience for him,” Ezra said simply. At the mention of the birdkeeper, Ezra turned his attention back to the woman before him. “Niro Takekuro is his name, nice man. He lives in my pack, in Cour des Miracles. I met his eagle and I believe he’s starting up a pigeon communication service or something. So allies in the area can keep in contact more regularly, I suppose.” That was the extent of his knowledge about the birds; Niro only spoke briefly about it.

“The only problem with those birds is they’re awfully noisy. But I think I’m going to try to talk to Niro sometime soon about capturing one for me and domesticating it or something. I’d like that, though I don’t think my mate would… the thing would probably keep her up all night,” he said with a grin. “I’m Ezra, by the way.” He realized that when Alae introduced herself he forgot to as well. It didn’t really matter though, the conversation was pleasant and he assumed she wouldn’t care if she didn’t catch his name. It was awfully impolite though.

<style type="text/css">
.ezrafree01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dce3e6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a2a2a; }
.ezrafree01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; text-align:right;}
.ezrafree01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ezrafree01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#696a6a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebe01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dce3e6; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ezrafree01-border1 {width:502px; border:3px solid #4a4f52; margin:0 auto;}
.ezrafree01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #696a6a; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by alli <3

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the delay, I'm alllll settled in now into my new place! 462

Kael was an odd specimen for an owl. Even the Sidhe wasn't entirely certain how or why Kael decided to switch his nocturnal nature to one of daytime, but figured that since she found him in an injured state, Alae was really the only stronghold Kael had in the world for a companion and caretaker. Perhaps it was in his nature to roam with her as a gesture of thanks for practically saving his life, but one couldn't be so sure with that reasoning. Kael didn't speak, and Alae didn't know if he had the capability to. "I wouldn't think it would be either, but something tells me Kael lingers on with me for some purpose I don't know what of yet. I could just feel it, but I haven't the clue as to what it could be." Alae gave a light shrug to this. Hopefully one day Kael could surprise Alae with talking or providing some reason as to why he lingered, but for now, she would just have to deal with his presence the way it was (which she didn't complain about either).

Niro Takekuro was a mouthful (especially the surname), as Alae would have to remember it when and if she decided to venture to the two-toned male's pack one day. She was especially intrigued to know Niro was in the process of starting a communication system via pigeons, and that was fairly impressive to hear. Alae didn't know too much about pigeons, and at the same time was mystified how Niro could train each and every pigeon to do what he instructed them to do. Must have been one hell of a bird keeper indeed. "Really now? That's hard to believe, but at the same time… amazing. A communication service amongst birds and Luperci… that could become pretty big if it caught on." Alae was interested in taking a trip to visit this Niro sometime in the near future to see how he would do it. If he was that good of a bird interpreter, maybe Niro could find some things out about Kael too?

Pigeons were a tad noisy with their hooting and humming, and it seemed like he aspired to have his own bird one day. Alae nodded to this. "Yes, I'd consider seeing what he could get you. Kael doesn't do anything special for me, but sometimes he'll alert me to something in the area, or lead me to places of water and prey." Which the Sidhe thought was all in basic instinct. Announcing himself as Ezra, Alae grinned when Ezra mentioned the pigeon keeping his mate up all night from its noisy nature. "If you get one that's pretty enough, maybe she'll trade the noise for impressive feathers." Alae said in light hearted amusement.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Huzzah! End soon? Or we can keep going if you’d like Smile

Ezra watched the females face break into excitement and wonder as he spoke about the messenger service. Even though Alae’s loyalties were to Dahlia de Mai, Ezra could see Niro using her help. Maybe the two could work with the birds together to get the training finished faster. After all, it would help to have an ally in another pack. Alae could receive Dahlia’s messages sent from Niro. “You should talk to him. Who knows what you two could cook up. At the very least, he’d like to meet Kael I’m sure.” Ezra looked at the female, and then to her companion. The two made a good pair even if they couldn’t talk directly.

“Have you ever tried learning low-speak to talk to him?” Ezra asked, motioning to the owl. “Some wolves talk to their horses that way, and I’m sure someone could teach you if you asked,” He didn’t know the logistics of it very well but he knew it was a difficult language for animals of their intelligence to pick up. Ezra had no real use for it, but the Alae woman might be interested.

<style type="text/css">
.ezrafree01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dce3e6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a2a2a; }
.ezrafree01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; text-align:right;}
.ezrafree01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#696a6a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebe01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dce3e6; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ezrafree01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #696a6a; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by alli <3

[/html]
[html]

We can end it soon, if you want to make one more post, we can fade it out. :3 307

A bird messaging system could prove to be a very useful means for long distance communication. It was a wild enough idea that the system could become so successful there could be bird communication made from continents away, and it immediately made Alae think about her family back in Ireland. She knew they were worried about her wellbeing, and would probably love to know how her life was in this new world. Nova Scotia was a very long way from Ireland, and the Sidhe doubt it would take a matter of weeks for a bird to be successful with flying to another continent (let alone a bird flying into a completely different habitat than its own). Who knew, maybe it could work one day with some wild dreamers. Ezra bided Alae to pay him a visit, to which she certainly would sometime. “Thank you for the insight, Ezra. I’ll have to make a trip there once our vineyards are cleared of weeds completely.” Alae mentioned, for there was some work yet in the present time to be done with Dahlia de Mai before finding leisure in travel once again.

Ezra then mentioned low-speak, to where Alae tilted her head slightly and her ears perked forward. She couldn’t recall ever knowing or learning any method of low speaking, but would be interested to try it out sometime. Apparently those who harbored horses were skilled in the language, and Alae wanted to know more. If she could find any means to communicate with Kael other than body language, she would love to do so. “I don’t think I’ve ever heard of such a thing. How do you do it?” With whatever example or explanation Ezra would provide, it would be a wealth of information for Alae to experiment on with Kael. Her ears pivoted forward, interested in this topic.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I dig your mel-vatar!

The russet woman before him promised a visit, and the hybrid liked the sound of it. Alae seemed the kind of woman that would make connections for the benefit of her pack so Ezra was glad to see this happen. Ezra should report back to Niro about this visit. The best situation would actually be this woman to come back home with him and visit the mohawked man himself, but he didn’t ask on the assumption she had to get back home.

“When you do go to see him, stop by my beach bungalow,” he said happily, interested in having a new friend. “My mate and I would be glad to have you and and show you a little kingdom hospitality,” He wasn’t sure whether her homeland was far or not, but he was positive the trek would be tiring and she would need a place to stay at some point. “Ever takes care of the Kingdom horses so I’m sure she knows someone who can teach you low-speak. It’s just a difficult language to learn, I’m not exactly sure what it sounds like, but if you do stop by I’ll get someone in the Kingdom to give you a lesson or two.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by alli <3

[/html]
[html]

Thanks! Going to end it right here. Will definitely be hitting you up once again for a thread in the future. <3 380

Extending an invitation to visit the beach bungalow of Ezra and his mate, Alae would be delighted to do so. Just as much as making new friends and acquaintances, it was also a very personal matter to allow a stranger into someone else’s home. Alae was personally honored that Ezra invited her over so hastily, and so smiled to this. Ezra’s territory seemed like it would be a journey and a half to where Dahlia was (and later in time it would be more of a journey from Ichika), but of course every journey brought new surprise and would be ultimately worth it for the voyage. “Thank you. As soon as things are constructed better in Dahlia, I’ll plan my trip there, then.” Alae responded, as she didn’t assume the renovation would take that long, but then again the future would bring about unexpected events of Dahlia merging together with Phoenix Valley to create Ichika no Ho-en.

Mystery still surrounded what low-speak was, and it would only give Alae more of a reason to come and visit. A woman by the name of Ever was responsible for keeping their equines and also knowing the language. “Thank you once again. I feel like you’re full of resources, I wish I could extend some of my own to you. We do have wine making in the process, so as soon as the vineyards are completed, perhaps we can present to you our first wine of the season as a gift of helping and hospitality.” Alae said, as she would very much like the idea of providing a little token gift for the services Ezra’s pack would provide her in turn.

Whether it was the wind or something else, blue eyes rivaling the hue of the skies above casted to the position of the sun above. It was a marker for her departure, even though Alae wished she could have stayed longer to chat. “I believe it’s time for us to move before it gets too late. It was a pleasure meeting you Ezra, be sure to look for myself and Kael at the borders soon enough.” Alae said in farewell, before scouting the coastal area once more before taking a sure route back to Dahlia de Mai to retire for the day.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]