A new rank, so i must go meet the others
Roran was still under a year old, still enjoyed to play and explore, and had a very odd way of scratching his back. Though he was now Nuncio, which was the pack ambassador of Pheonix Valley. He was slightly excited about the new rank, because this gave him a lagitimate reason to explore and meet the other packs. He was very adventurous so he hoped that this would be fun. He had first decided to travel and visit Crimson Dreams, a pack he had heard some about from other. He had heard that it was a kind of sanctuary, so it sounded like a nice place to start out with his new rank.

He now stood at the border of the packs land, looking over what he saw before him. It indeed looked like a nice place, the air was warm and the plants were lovely. He smiled to himself in anticipation of meeting the members of this pack. He couldnt help but think that despite his being her on business, that he might just make some new friends.

He threw his head back and let out a long loud howl of peaceful greetings, he let this howl make itself verbal for as long as he had air in his lungs, upon losing the ability to continue the howl, he simply sat down and awaited the inevitable arrival of one of the packs members. He smiled even broader. "This is gonna be fun" He said to himself as he continued to wait. In truth he was a little nervous about his new rank, but not nervous enough to get rid of his usual happy attitude.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.freebie1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dce1e6; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freebie1 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 20px 10px 25px;margin:0px;}
.freebie1 {width:400px;border:1px solid #b7c9d8;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... eebie1.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:190px;background-color:#212536;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#b7c9d8;}
</style>

Hey there! No need to match length. I got a LITTLE BIT carried away. 500+

It was safe to say that Spring had arrived. The last frost had melted away weeks ago, giving green life the freedom to stretch proudly above the rain-softened soil and bring color back into the world. He should have been happy, for the wolves to whom his heart belonged had climbed out of the dark place they had been thrown into against their will this winter. His daughter had awakened and returned to her lively self, and slowly Savina was healing from the pain of Artemis' uncertain sleep, of Denali's death and of her brutal fight with Nuki. Darkness had faded with the coming season, where the clouds had once hung perpetually over his home, the sun now shone every day. He should have been happy.

But Kansas could not shake the feeling of utter uselessness. He was filled with regret that he had not played a more active role in the convalescence of his pack. His focus had been upon Savina, and while he was proud to have remained strong for her, he had not been capable of doing the same for anyone else. Forever, he was in the background, tied too tightly within himself to be of any help. While the sun shone above the earth and Dreamers rejoiced, he slumped away in a darkness known only to him.

He had spent this glorious day holed up in his room, absorbed in a book, for there was nothing more that interested him, not even his guitar. As tears pooled in his turquoise eyes and the pain of anxiety constricted his chest, he stood up suddenly and threw the book aside. A few silent sobs escaped his lips as he tore his claws into the fine fur of his cheeks. He had to do something, anything. Something that he needed to do.

In moments, Kansas was out in the orchard, woofing softly for his horse. The great blue beast appeared from t he fringe of the forest behind the orchard and nickered thickly, perhaps curious about why his master had been absent for so long. The snow-coated Sadira held out his hand as the horse approached and allowed him the reassurance of snuffling his palm, and with his other hand he stroked the beast's smooth neck. Lexington stood calmly, giving Kansas the indication that he could be ridden without any problems. Sighing, Kansas grasped the coarse dark mane and mounted in a smooth sweeping motion. He directed the horse north, tapping his heels against the muscular flanks and setting Lexington toward the borders.

Patrolling was always a feasible duty, and Kansas was unwilling to do much more. Silent tears continued to flow from his tired eyes as they cantered through the brilliant emerald forests — he could not allay the emotion. As he drew near to his pack's borders, a strange howl caught his attention, and his surprise. He halted Lexington and scanned the woods warily, knowing that a troublesome trespasser was not something he was equipped to deal with at the moment. When he saw who stood at the borderline, however, his fear disappeared completely and he felt foolish for his sour caution. The pale wolf was young, perhaps no more than a yearling, and by the courteous manner with which he waited just outside the borders, Kansas realized that he was simply a curious youth.

The ivory-furred werewolf barked softly, though he was sure that the stranger had already seen him in his conspicuous position on the back of the huge horse. "Can... Can I help you?" he spoke down to him, in a voice hoarse from disuse, soft and gentle from emotional exhaustion.

by Kiri
[/html]
After waiting for a few moments, he was going to howl again when he saw a rather large horse coming through the forest towards him. He couldnt help but let his smile broaden as he stood up, his tail wagging. He forced his tail to stop and his fae to become as businesslike as possible as the horse drew near. He could see that a Luperci male rode it, though he kept his excitement at meeting a stranger hidden. He bowed his head slightly upon the male asking him if he could help him.

Roran looked up at the male after the bow and smiled slightly. "Greetings and salutations, i bring greetings from Pheonix Valley. I am the pack Nuncio and am required to know about all other packs, so i come in search of knowledge" He says in a dull firm tone that made him sound older than his oddly large size already made him look. Though upon hearing his own voice finish off the sentances, he could help but laugh.

He continued to laugh for a moment before composing himself and looking up at the male once more. "Okay you know what, hi, my name is Roran Wolfe, i am Nuncio of Pheonix Valley, but in truth my natural curiosity has a larger part in bringing me here than my job" He says, this time his tone was calm and cheerful, and a broad smile looked as if it would split his face in two.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freebie1 {width:400px;border:1px solid #b7c9d8;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... eebie1.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:190px;background-color:#212536;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#b7c9d8;}
</style>

300+

Kansas was struck by how cheerful the pallid youth seemed. His expression was first excited, but it changed quickly, as if the boy felt he needed to be more formal. To a wolf with more interest and pride in his rank, the formality would have mattered, but Kansas was actually glad that the stranger seemed light-hearted, and he felt uncomfortable, pompous, perched on the gigantic beast and looking down at someone who was truly no less valuable than himself.

He listened politely as the stranger stated his business, swinging deftly off the horse, who backed up a few paces to inspect a clump of bright green grass that was growing at the base of a tree. Kansas faced him with his arms folded casually around his chest, nodding once in understanding. The other had good reason to be here, fulfilling the duties his pack had assigned to him. Roran's own businesslike tone seemed to amuse him, and when he laughed Kansas joined in with a tired-sounding chuckle.

"Heh, well I'm Kansas, and this is Crimson Dreams... In case... you didn't know that," he spoke awkwardly, looking away for a moment before meeting Roran's steel-colored gaze once more. He felt a longing to assist the young man in his purpose, but was unsure of how, of what exactly he was looking for. "Not sure what you wanna know, but if you wanna come with me, I can er... show you around, tell you what I... what I do know," he said softly. It was all that he could think to offer. Though it was very little, Kansas was beginning to feel lighter, for he had found a way to be helpful to someone, in a small way. His tears had completely dried.

by Kiri
[/html]
Roran didnt have a single non-cheerful bone in his body, and when the male began to laugh with him, he couldnt help but fall onto his side laughing harder. He continued to laugh for a few more seconds before he rolled to his feet and composed himself. He smiled at the male as he stood before him and offered his help.

"Well, that would be very kind of you Kansas" He says in as firm and dull a tone as he could muster, though after he spoke he couldn't help but burst into laughter again. Once he had composed himself yet again he smiled at the male and took a deep breath. "I accept your offer for help, and i would like to learn as much as i can" He says
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

As the young man fell to his side in a fit of laughter, Kansas stood still and simply grinned, waiting for Roran to gather himself together again. He had never been so cheerful, even at that age. Instead, he had been sullen, so wrapped up in self pity, unable to enjoy that time of his life as much as he should have. It was pleasing to see a young mas so full of happiness and laughter.

Kansas nodded in response, appreciating Roran's courteous attitude. He shifted into his lupus form as it would be easier for them to travel at the same pace if they were both on all fours. "Eh, okay, lets go this way." he decided aloud after a moment's thought. Kansas had never done anything like this before, so he followed his instincts and set off north. The airfield was a spectacular place, and he thought it would be a good starting point for a "tour," or whatever this sort of thing was. Moving at a steady trot, he looked over at his companion and spoke, "Crimson Dreams is set around an old human military base, I think that's what it's called. We're goin to the airfield, it's a really cool place..." He trailed off and took a slight left through the forest. Already the trees were thinning and he could see a clearing through their sparse trunks. "How long you been around?"

by Kiri
[/html]