A New Start.. With a Pretty Good Beginning.
Aslan was with Io. She said thatsince he was a coyote that he could come with her to live with her. She had another son. He had a brother!! He was so excited about having Io as a mom, but he did miss his real mom dearly. The thought of her dying came back in little bursts that made his spirit drag on the ground. He constantly pushed away the thought. No matter how much he tried to not think about it though, the thought always returned.

Aslan was going to join the pack of Inferni. He was excited about this too, he had never really had a pack before. He trembled with joy. "Aylar, how long will it take for me to be part of the pack?" He called Io by the Turkish word for moon. Io had said that her name came from a moon of a planet. So Aslan wanted to call her by something other than Anne. Saying that would just bring back the memories of his mother.
[html]
Out of Character

Whoever deals with the joining thread, just ignore Io, she's only there because Aslan is still a child and her new son Smile.

In Character

Io's long legs moved her at a slightly quicker pace than the non shifted pup, countless times she had had to stop, or slow down so that Aslan could catch up. Not that she minded however. As he spoke, the arrived at the borders. Looking down at the boy and then looking to the borders and what lay behind them, she spoke, 'Not long now, we just have to wait for someone to come and accept you. I can not do it myself, I do not have that power'. Io paused and then let out a howl, whoever was nearby would here it and come to inspect. 'See? I just called someone, someone will be along soon and then you can come and live with me'.

The hybrid waited patiently, she hoped he would be accepted, why wouldn't he be? He was young, fit, intelligent, a coyote hybrid. He was a perfect addition to the pack, or at least Io thought so, it would be up to whoever appeared to judge whether he was of any use to Inferni. He was but a child, so she assumed he wouldn't be judged to firmly, though this was Inferni, she had seen what could be done here, the border decorations where enough to support that facr.

<style>
.Freebie002 p {padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Freebie002 b {color:#eaeaea; text-shadow:#c6c6c6 0px 0px 4px;}
.Freebie002-b {width:404px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; font-family: verdana; font-size:12px;}
.Freebie002-header {font-family:verdana; color:#eaeaea; text-shadow:#c6c6c6 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Freebie002-ooc {font-family:vivian; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Freebie002 {background-color:#000000; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: trebuchet ms; font-size:12px; color:#eaeaea; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:402px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8513/002wb.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; } </style>

[/html]
[html]

Setting this before the thread involving Maki's death, as that's a defining moment for the pack culture. Still running on a 25% coyote ratio.

mall-caps;text-variantConfusedmall-caps;">IT'S ONLY cript;">FOREVER, NOT LONG AT ALL

She had the worst headache. As she wandered the borders, searching for skulls that were misplaced or needed to be replaced, she rubbed at her eyes. That day? It was not a good day. And the call from an unwanted mutt did not make it any better. Feeling obligated to handle the situation, she continued on, searching for the woman she had no respect for. It wasn't hard to find her. With red and white fur, Io Berlin stuck out like a tree in barren wasteland. What Talitha was not expecting, however, and what caused her face to contort to an expression of disgust, was the bundle in her arms. A wolf. Of course, she expected this woman to do something so stupid. Her arms crossed before her chest, eyes narrowing upon both the female and her new charge. "So you're not only stupid, you're a hypocrite." She still remembered the words Io had said upon their meeting in the past. Wolves were stupid.

Her attention turned toward the pup, but her features did not soften. Hands went to her hips, head tilting subtly to one side. "And what do you expect to find here, little boy? What do you plan to be able to do for us?" They had already taken in this woman's son, they had already taken in little Makhesthai. While Kaena had delt with the latter, Talitha was not lax in judgement, even for a child. He had to be as old as her adopted uncle, and therefore she expected more. If he couldn't offer his current worth, he would offer his future worth. She had no time for wolves.

<style>
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]
Aslan nodded his head, glad it wouldn't take long. As another woman approached Aslan whimpered slightly. She didn't seem to be very nice. She called Aylar a 'hypocrite.' He didn't know what that was but it certainly didn't sound good. As the woman turned to him he shrunk down slightly, his mom had taught him to be submissive in times like this.

"Well I am only a pup now but I have been taught hunting and I know how to cook and have lots of good reciepies... I am strong and never give up." He stuttered slightly but the more he spoke the more confidence he had. He took a deep breath and avoided eye contact with the seemingly rude lady. This must be a leader though so Aslan wanted to be as polite as possible. He offered her a small smile, she probably wouldn't smile back though. He noted her stony glare. She obviously didn't care for Aylar too much, hopefully though that wouldn't stand in the way of him getting to live with Aylar.

He scanned his mind for any other skills that he had. "Oh! And I can run fast when I want too and my mother used to hide things and make me find them using only my nose!" He didn't know if that would help but it proved that his nose was strong now and he could maybe find prey to hunt when the time came to it.
[html]

OOC here!

Io scoffed, 'You think I'd bring a hybrid that I did not think worthy of life within a mile of Inferni? I stated the pure wolves were stupid. Coyote blood purifys bloodlines'. Her tone was flat, the de le Poer woman was of higher rank than her, she was smart enough to show respect. And as much as she found the woman annoying, she equally respected her. 'Anyhow, it does not matter what I think, I have brought him here to let someone more experienced judge him'. Her words were calm and respectful, as try as she might, she doubted that her honorful words would be receive with little more than a glare. It wouldn't affect the hybrid though, she knew that she wasn't lying, even if her leader thought otherwise.

Listening to the boys words, she smiled mentally but remain stone faced physically. After he had finished, Io decided to add more on, 'As a child his skills are still basic, though I shall teach him what I know and perhaps some other members would be generous enough to imput their knowledge also'. Her words were quitely confident, Aslan had potential, as far as Io herself could see, Talitha would be the judge though.

<style type="text/css">
.grassblack_07 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.grassblack_07 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.grassblack_07 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.grassblack_07 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3305/grassblack.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Welcome to Inferni.

mall-caps;text-variantConfusedmall-caps;">IT'S ONLY cript;">FOREVER, NOT LONG AT ALL

The words of the pup were listened to, but Talitha did not remark until the mutt spoke up. One lip rose to bare teeth, a warning that she was not in the mood for the woman's attitude. The information was allowed to sit, settle in to her brain so she could think upon it. "This is not a coyote. This is a wolf. Just as you, dear little thing, are a dog. The fact that you're allowed to live here is something you should be grateful for." The smile that colored her features was fake, thick and sugary without sincerity. At least she was smart enough to realize her opinion didn't matter in the least when it came to the future of the child. The Optio lolled her head to one side and allowed her eyes to close as she contemplated. It was her job, now, to know the members of the clan. Io was on the borders of her internal world. While she needed to know, she had no desire to. What this woman did with her place in Inferni, however, was judged by the cold red eyes of the Aquila's sister.

She returned her attention to the boy. "He's not that much of a child. Makhesthai already shows that he has drive and ambition for the future. I expect the same from him." Her tone left little to misinterpret. Puppies were young and gained some lenience, but not much once they came closer to the age of adulthood. She turned herself from the pair, pausing in step for a brief moment. "I advise you both to remember that. I won't feel sorry when I force you to leave if you don't." The words were cold, steely and uncaring as she made her way along her route of the borderlands.

<style>
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]