We didn't start the fire
[html]
[Image: ooc-1.jpg]

The sky was beginning to open up as she made it toward the borderline, and the rain slowly started. Right now it was just a sprinkle, so she didn't pay it much mind. Ember had been a member of Labrynth Glen for a couple of days now, and she'd decided to go out and explore, rain or shine. There had to be more old Storm members out there if she'd managed to get through it and make it here.

At least, she hoped so. Lately she'd ran into a lot of old faces, her mother's included. She'd tried to convince Iskata to join her in the glen...but she'd declined. At least Ember knew where to find her now, though.

The rain was starting to come down a little faster, now, and she sat down just outside the borderline to wait. It was warm enough that it didn't bother her too much, being wet.

[/html]
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

OOC: *steals* Hope you don't mind ^_^

Lubomir didn't mind the rain that much. It drowned out the noises, true, but he felt secure. There was no need to worry, fear, or be too careful. After all, he was in his own territory so there should be no problem. He welcomed the rain, as the air had started to cloy and stick to the back of his throat, sometimes nearly choking him. The ground needed revival and so did he. He was close to the borders when he caught her scent. Luperci. He drowsily opened one eye, then the next and stood up. Perhaps Pilot or Tayui would find her, but for now, why not he bring a greeting?

Stretching slowly, he started padding towards her, gaining a bit of speed. He stopped as he drew close to her and nodded. Lubomir had not been here long but already he was starting to loosen up, to forget about any possible running away. He had no idea that only a few days later he'd make a near fatal mistake. He cleared his throat and called out, 'I greet thee on behalf of Shadowed Sun' He still held the old expressions of politeness, a trait he might never truly lose. 'I am called Lubomir. And thee, fair lady, what should I call thee?'

She wasn't an ugly one, this female. And she seemed far younger than Lubomir. Still unfamiliar with the smells of the other packs, he caught nothing of Labyrinth Glen on her. Not that that would have changed his greeting. Lubomir was far too polite for anything like that.

[/html]
[html]

Of course I don't mind Big Grin

She had never considered running away from home. Ember had left the packlands for a short time to look for her mother and sister, but it hadn't really been running away. She had just wanted to find them. Sometimes she felt like she didn't have enough time, like she needed to find them all right now. If she could, then they could be together. Right now, in her new pack, she had a cousin...but she didn't really know Melisande all that well yet.

She wasn't sure what she would say when someone came to meet her. Maybe she should say 'hello'? Or...'Good day'? Perhaps it would be good to mention something about the weather. She'd learned that it was a good conversation starter. Ember wasn't exactly the most social wolf...she tended to stay alone. Not because she didn't enjoy other peoples' company...but because she didn't know what to say or do a lot of the time, and she didn't want anyone to think that she was boring.

The eight month old swallowed as a figure approached out of the rain, shrinking down a little bit. No threats from her; she wasn't interested in fighting.

Shadowed Sun. What a peculiar name. "Ah...um...greetings to you, as well, Sir. From Labrynth Glen. We're quite a ways away...but a rather big territory" She wasn't sure if she was babbling. "My name? Ember--Ember Phoenix. I came from the pack Storm of the old lands." The rain was dripping down her coat, now, making puddles where she stood, but she didn't mind. "Nice weather, huh" It was an attempt at a joke, at least.

[/html]
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

OOC: OMGSZ, Lubo is crushing on Ember? *falls over laughing* Also, short, sorry !_!

She was cute. That was the first thing that came to mind. Lubomir found her adorable and it was quite hard trying to understand if he liked her youth, her charming shyness or simply her presence. He knew there were females in Shadowed Sun and somehow, this little wolf grabbed his attention more than Tayui and Angelique had. He gave her a warm smile, meant to encourage, to show her he was harmless and had only her best intentions at heart.

'Dearest lady Phoenix, be welcome. I do not wish to bore you with trifle matters and yes, the weather is nice, so would you care to accompany an old wolf around?' He was charming, to say the least. Although subtle, Lubomir would never dare take advantage. Indeed, it might prove that she was not interested in him, not in that manner, anyway. But she was still charming and he was a lonely wolf. Lubomir, strangely enough, had never mated. He had pinned for females, yes, but his fear of being turned away from Dawn Valley and his love for Frigg had kept him away. He had not travelled so far simply to find a mate. That would just be... an added bonus. 'My fair lady Phoenix, your pack does sound far away. Tell me, what do you stand for? What is your core belief?' He smiled at her again and made to move away, into Shadowed Sun land, hoping she would follow.
[/html]
[html]

Crushing is cool with me, but Ember's getting involved with someone in a few weeks <3 So it might not be mutual. But one sided stuff is fun too xD She'd be really confused, I think. She's still a bit young :3

Ember wasn't used to being addressed by her father's name. She had always just known the wolf as Phoenix, no last name...so she been given his first name as her last name. Her brother Kansas and sister Firefly had gotten their mother's last name, Sadira, but she was a Phoenix. So when she heard it her head went up briefly, eyebrow raising. He certainly had a peculiar way of speaking.

That wasn't to say that she couldn't understand him, though. It was just different. "Um...well...I suppose so" She hadn't ever been to this place, and wouldn't mind taking a look around. Nevermind that her father had taught her not to talk to strangers. Here, in these new lands, everyone was a stranger. "But you don't need to call me "lady"--I'm no lady. His question made her think for a bit. What was her core belief? She wasn't sure what he meant. Religion? Or maybe he was talking about what her interests were? She did like hunting. "I...don't know. I don't believe in anything"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Even better if it isn't mutual. Who is Ember going off with? <3

For a moment he thought he had done her wrong. He was shocked to find that it affected him. That she could raise her eyebrow at him sent shivers down his spine, and that puzzled look in her eyes make him feel young. In theory, he was young, but she made him feel vital, important. Perhaps a lot of it was just Lubomir's interpretation of the way she acted and spoke. But she was certainly someone who had managed to get to him. More than he cared to admit. He let her catch up with him before setting out in Shadowed Sun territory. He even dared to smile at her.

'Ember, where I come from, all females are ladies. I was brought up to respect them and I always thought that even in foreign lands they would like to be pampered and pleased. And please excuse my rather wooden way of speaking, but I am charmed by your presence here.' His voice was soft and calm, simple tones, nothing flashy. He only wanted her to feel welcome. 'As for beliefs, I am sure you cherish something. For example, my core belief is knowledge. I love rationality, logic, words, history, music, that sort of thing. What do you treasure the most?' He gave her a warm smile, hoping she wouldn't feel so closed up. Hoping she would invite him into her soul. 'We are not in a good spot to start a tour, but if you so wish, I could take you to the Halcyon Mountains. I find it especially beautiful there.' Lubomir hoped he wasn't coming across as some sort of creep.
[/html]
[html]

She wondered about where he'd come from. Ember had been born in Bleeding Souls, the lands that had burned. She had grown up knowing everyone around her, every face in the pack. Hells; in Storm she'd been related to half the pack. Her family had dominated it. But now here, in these strange lands, she sometimes felt like an outsider.

She offered him a smile when he replied. Pampered? She wasn't sure what that meant. In any case, Lubomir was very friendly, something that she found refreshing. The last person she'd met was Toxic, in Inferni, and he'd been less than accomidating. "I don't know how to read, but I've always wanted to learn" She said. She had heard rumors that there was a city, though, so maybe she would be able to find some books there. "I cherish my mother. I wasn't sure if I would ever see her again...but now I have. I guess that the broader idea would be family. I cherish my family." There were family members of hers running all over the place. Her goal was to find them all, to try and get to know them.

She didn't think of him as strange for wanting to show her around--she would have done the same if he'd come to Labrynth Glen. She nodded happily, agreeing. "Sure! That sounds wonderful"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Perhaps I ought to read the rules properly before posting -_- Right, before I get my ass banned and kicked out of here, quick change of plans: he will still show her Halcyon Moutain, but walking alongside the border? *puppy eyes*

Having been taken by her beauty and elegance, Lubomir had been about to make a grave mistake. He remembered something Tayui had said, about friends and borders. Shadowed Sun had strict policies on who could enter and he hadn't exactly asked Pilot or Tayui for permission to show Ember around. His stomach turned into a tight knot and he could feel the embarrassment washing over him. He was a fool for believing he could impress anyone. Really, he was just an old romantic idiot. Abruptly turning towards Ember, he said in a quick tone: 'My lady Phoenix, please, I beg your indulgence. I fear I have made a huge mistake and possibly even offended you. According to the laws of Shadowed Sun, I am forbidden to show you anything without the permission of Tayui Aston or Pilot Haddon, the leaders of our pack. I can show you the Halcyon Mountain, but...but only from the border. Lady Phoenix, I apologise if my words deceived you.'

He tried to get his mind back on track but the thought of hurting her was too much to bear. How could she ever like him again? He'd been hoping to make a friend, someone outside Shadowed Sun, and she was just... she was young and happy and her views, oh he could tell her so many stories... But now he'd messed up. Lubomir looked at Ember with a pained look on his face. She wouldn't really like him now, would she?

[/html]
[html]

There was a quick fix to their problem, perhaps one that he hadn't thought of yet. Why not call one of them? Maybe they were too busy, though. She could see that being a problem...if they had something really imporant going on. But they could call one of them, and if they didn't come, walk along the border. "Pilot's my brother-in-law...and I sort of know Tayui. I'm really sorry--I didn't mean to get you into any trouble" She didn't realize that other packs might have rules like that.

"But..maybe we could call Pilot. And if he doesn't come, we could always walk along the border?" These lands looked so enticing--and Lubomir was so polite. "Maybe i'm asking too much, though. It's okay--we could just look"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: I am amused by the internal anguish this will cause him XD

Lubomir turned to look at her, his heart hammering in his chest, his breath quickened with every moment he got to be close to her, with every inch that drew them together... and she would ask him to call for Pilot or Tayui? Was he truly that dull company that she needed to escape him? Would she rather Pilot accompanied them, almost like a chaperone, than trust him to keep her safe? It tore his heart to pieces and scattered them in the wind to think that she could want any other but him. Love is selfish, isn't it? 'You are not to blame here, my fair lady Phoenix. It is I who told you such wild stories and got your hopes up. You are truly a wonderful soul, to forgive my churlish manner. And while I could call for Pilot, I was hoping to keep the gift of your presence for just a while longer.'

He'd never been very daring with females, preferring to admire them from afar, to note their graceful, elegant movements and hope they would not consider him strange. That Ember was giving him another chance was water to a thirsty man. He smiled at her again and even dared push the top of his head against her head, a friendly, albeit slightly intimate gesture. 'Your words soothe my anguish, Ember. We will walk for a while along the border and hopefully we shall not need Pilot or Tayui. And I will ask them later, so that, should you come see us again, I will take you inside Shadowed Sun. But I have been too long-winded. Please, tell me of your pack. Where do you live? What is it like?' It gave him wings, to be around her. And Lubomir couldn't help but love her more with every passing moment.

[/html]
[html]

She ducked her head shyly when he responded. Of course she wanted to hang out with him! She'd never met anyone like him before--he was so nice and understanding. He reminded her a little bit of her father in that way--he'd always listened to her and taken in what she said. Sometimes he'd given her advice, too. But now he was gone, and she didn't think that he'd be coming back for a while...so there wasn't anyone to go to for advice. She'd just have to think for herself more.

"I'll stay--we don't have to go inside. A walk would be nice" She nodded. She felt horrible for her behavior before. Ember hadn't meant to make him think that she didn't want his company; she did! She felt like she needed to make up for it somehow, so when he pushed his head against hers she nudged him back. Maybe it'd make him feel better? She wanted to show him that she was really interested in hanging out with him--just him. "I can visit Pilot anytime, too. So this'll be fun." She started walking beside him. "My pack? It's...really nice. Everyone's amazing there. My cousin lives there, so I get to see her sometimes, which is nice. The entire packlands are green, with bright, bright colors all over the place. It's sort of a lazy scene. I mean, we all do our work for the pack...but everyone's really laid back. Are things the same here?"

[/html]
[html]

He had never thought she could charm him more. But somehow, with the simplest of gestures she would make him fidget and squirm, butterflies rushing into his belly and fluttering around madly. The way she would look away almost made him yearn to lift her head with his paw and... and what? Kiss her? The mere thought was enough to make him swoon. So he preferred not to think about it. Instead, he focused on the places he could show her. It didn't occur to him that she'd been born here and therefore Halcyon Mountain would be no big surprise. A lot of things escaped Lubomir around her.

Her energy, her cheerful and trusting nature could make him forget the horrors he'd seen in his life. And the way she nudged him back... it was so sweet, so adorable, so positively amazing that he couldn't help but think of telling her just how... no. Inwardly he shook his head and his foolishness. There was no way he could tell her the truth. She liked him well enough, why push her into the deep end? Why tell her of feelings she might not share? Might never share. That thought was like a cold shard of ice bursting his bubble, so he focused once more on her just being there. 'Your pack is very different from mine. I would not call us laid back... but we don't seem to be fighters. I suppose we're not really meant to be fighters. Skoll is our fighter and he is truly strong. But I am more of a scholar myself. I used to be a Bard, a storyteller, but I think I would like to be more of a teacher. To help others, to share my knowledge. Do you read and write, Ember? Is it a skill valued in these lands?' Lubomir gave her another smile. It was an offer, an invitation to teach her, to spend time in her presence, helping her. 'I would never mean to be rude to you, lady Phoenix. But if you wish to improve any skill that has to do with reading and writing, why I could help you. If you would let me, of course.' It was strange to see the way he would try to be familiar with her and then call her a lady again once he thought he might hurt her.

[/html]
[html]

She was getting used to the way that he spoke to her, calling her "lady", and was accepting that it was just the way he said things. People came from different places, and were raised differently. Maybe this was normal where he came from. And it wasn't really hurting her any, him calling her that...so she'd let him.

At the mention of Skoll her eyes lit up a bit. "Skoll is here? He was in my old pack. He was one of my father's friends--and he helped during an avalanche. I was buried beneath the snow, and he was in one of the teams that helped find me" She shivered a little as she remembered, trying to shake off the memory. "I guess I don't like small places any more. I had just enough room to breathe, just barely. A little hollow I had made...but I was really scared. My older sister Dierdre was there, too, I remember...and my older brother Moon."

"It's good to hear that he's all right, in any case. And...no, I don't think I know how. I have a few books...but I can't make sense of anything in them. I can read a few words, and I've seen some picture-books. You'd give me lessons? I think I'd really like that"

[/html]
[html]
ooc

I guess I'll bleed in silence

Lubomir couldn't contain his joy. She was here and it all seemed a better place, it all promised more companionship. He had never found himself at such ease around females, they tended to scare him away when he tried to become too close and soon enough he had learned that perhaps they did not want him there. So he had stayed put. But Ember was the light in a very dark and gloomy place and everything shone simply in her presence. It took him aback a bit to find her being so enthusiastic about Skoll, but Lubomir had to admit, the old warrior was certainly a decent wolf. 'Skoll is fascinating. Why, only a few days ago, we traded stories. I told him of my tale from the Old Country, of the passing of the Great Frozen Plains and of the last leg of my journey, when a wolf named Tristan woke me and perhaps thus saved my life.' He listened to her explain about the avalanche and felt compelled to giver another friendly nuzzle, though this bordered more on a nudge.

'You come from a tight family and pack, from what you have told me. I find that I cannot be alone for long periods of time. Even when I am at my most despondent I end up seeking the company of others... As for learning, yes, I am more than happy to teach you. But now I believe we have been serious for long enough.' Lubomir nuzzled her again and started trotting ahead at a brisk pace, daring her to chase him.

[/html]
[html]

Lubomir seemed like a fun wolf to hang out with. Ember hadn't really had any friends that weren't family members before, and it was kind of exciting to her. She was nearly nine months old, almost fullly grown. Definitely the right time to start making some friends. He was so nice, too! She had lost a good portion of her family, but now she'd gained a new insight and a new look on life. She'd be fine.

When he nudged her again her eyebrows raised. No one had ever touched her this much before besides her father, and he was really close to her. Maybe it just meant that he definitely wanted to be friends with her, too, though. Her tail wagged a bit. When the older male started off along the borderline Ember waited for a moment before she started after him. She was a very fast wolf, and she could see that she was going to catch up to him...so she held back a little, letting him get some distance. Before too long she'd caught up to him a bit, and she reached her head out, going for the end of his tail.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Mild powerplay, hope it's okay

It had been a long time since Lubomir had been able to enjoy himself so freely. Indeed, even in Dawn's Valley he'd had trouble loosening up, something which always made Frigg tease him about. He had never consciously decided to forgo fun, but somehow things had got in the way and slowly but surely he would find excuses not to tousle the pups' furs or run around too much. But this was exhilarating, this was pure freedom. He looked back to see if she was following him and it surprised him when she playfully bit the tip of his tail. And then the world turned topsy turvy. His paw caught in a hidden root and he tumbled forward, his body jolted by the uneven ground. He landed on his side, panting slightly but grinning nonetheless.

'I do believe you are better than me at this, my lady. But I can certainly give you a run for your money.' He stood up and shook himself, his fur bristling slightly and his tail wagged a bit, his eyes sparkling with delight. 'I played a game as a pup. My sister would hide and I would seek her out by smell alone. Shall we play that, my lady?' Although not in Shadowed Sun territory, Lubomir was certain they were close enough to the border to be safe if anything happened. And right now, playing with Ember was more important than anything else. Just the thought of being able to seek her out, his nose to the ground and her delicious scent enticing him was better reward than any tour he could ever hope to give her. So he smiled at her again and wagged his tail, showing eagerness and a playful side Lubomir had not indulged in years.

[/html]
[html]
That's fine by me Big Grin

She'd half expected him to get away from her, but, surprisingly, he hadn't. Somehow she'd aimed right and had gotten the tip of his tail. Ember had played this kind of game before, when she was younger, with her siblings...it'd been such a long time. There was still a lot of puppy in her, a fact that she hadn't realized. Maybe she needed to play more. It was so relaxing, running, chasing. It did make her breathe heavily, but she was having fun. There was no doubt that she would be reliving this later on, when she went back home to her pack.

She wondered if all the wolves from Shadowed Sun was this way, or if it was just Lubomir. She knew that Pilot was really friendly, and it made sense that these types of wolves would follow him.

Ember stopped when he came to a halt, veering off to the side to avoid running into him. She stood still, panting for a few moments before she responded. These games were fun, and she was more than willing to indulge him. She'd never heard of this one before, but all that she had to do was hide--no problem. "No watching" The dark wolf warned, grinning. She waited until she was sure that he wasn't looking before turning and tearing off into the forest. She ran for a ways, until she couldn't see him any more, then started looking for a place to hide. She found an old tree stump that was hollowed out and crawled inside, pulling leaves and moss in behind her to block the side that was facing Lubomir.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

The lateness of this reply makes my eyes bleed

Lubomir closed his eyes and listened to her trot away. His nostrils flared and he breathed in her scent, still rife in the place she'd been sitting moments before. His fur bristled and he smiled slightly. He waited until he could no longer hear her and then counted to twenty in his head, slowly, giving her time to hide. His eyes opened and he looked around, glad that she had truly been playing into the spirit of the game and not chosen an easy hiding spot. He stretched and put his nose to the ground, sniffing her scent. It drove his mind wild, but he tried not to show it. He had just won her friendship, why lose it in a moment of foolishness?

The forest smelled of newly fallen rain and damp earth and overriding it, the new scent of the black female. He imagined how it must have felt for Frigg, the easy way she could always find him and in his mind he remembered the smile on her face when she no longer had to be Alpha Female and she could go back to being just a wolf. Lubomir could grant her that; she ran the pack with an iron fist and dealt with nonsense quickly and effortlessly, but with One-Eye and Frigg, she was always more gentle, calmer, playful. He snapped back to attention when he saw her eyes under the leaves. He broke into a smile and trotted to her, nuzzling everything out of the way. 'I win, lady Phoenix.' He was closer to her than he'd ever been. 'And it's getting dark. Shall I escort you back to your pack? I give you my solemn word to visit you at the soonest possible time. My lady Phoenix, I thank thee for giving me your time. I remain your most humble servant.' He smiled again and waited for her to come out before walking toward the Glen to her. What he couldn't mention was that she'd won his heart, not just the game.

[/html]