Finding something
This may seem like a foolish question to some, but i have had a rather interesting thought this morning.

Would it be possible for Roran to perhaps be exploring a kind of museum or something, and come across armor, and perhaps then wear it along with a sword that was there as well?

This was a rather out of the blue thought that i had this morning on the bus, if i am not able to do this, than i acknowledge that and will not press further.
Hi Smile

The scenario doesn't seem that unlikely to me, although keep in mind the plot for the board: the armor and swrod would have been exposed to the elements (most likely) for years and years. Unprotected, it would probably have rusted and otherwise deteriorated. I'm not sure it would be usable, unless he was able to fix it somehow.

As for him simply finding it - as long as you have him explore an area which was considered a city or settlement large enough to warrant having a museum (Halifax, for example), it wouldn't be unlikely for him to be able to find something like that Smile

The only question is whether he could actually use it for anything, and what condition it'd be in Smile
Well, perhaps the items in question would have been in a display case. Therefor shut off from normal weather paterns and air flow. Would it not then be protected to some degree?
Keep in mind that the armor you are taking about would have been made for human use, as it is in a human museum. Luperci and human bodies are similar but not completely the same. Some parts would fit (most likely the chest plates and perhaps gauntlets/arm guards) and some wouldn't (the shin plates, grieves and most helmets). I gave this some thought when designing my character too =)
Well, i wasn't planning on using any greives, such the chest and perhaps gauntlents and such. though if one would want to, perhaps one could cut holes into the helmet to make room for ears and muzzle to be comfortable lol
take into account though that Roran's optime form is like 8 foot tall, and i'm nt sure they'd have made armor that large unless it was like for a movie or something? Smile
Jace makes a very good point, in era armor was in use the average human size was smaller than it is today, so on average full body armor would have been made for someone approx. 5'4" I'm guessing.

I don't know how much replica armor that would be found in museums is actually a "working model". Although there is the option of those made for reenactments/renaissance fairs. Not to say that the parts a luperci would beable to use would be unusable because of this.

Anann has a armor for her horse Rem (has yet to be seen in the 'soulsverse and has only been vaguely made mention of). Tosawi, the city she came from was from had blacksmiths although the armor is simply been altered and the majority of it was found in an old warehouse of a company that specialized in providing such armor for reenactments and hobby renaissancers. Tosawi also has a fair sized calvary it arms, as well as a large army. Its a big place Big Grin. Although I stayed away from armor with Anann due to anatomical differences, that and she hates anything that would be that restrictive to her movement.

All in all, while it sounds cool, I think steel armor would be more of a hindrance than any help defensively. Once grounded your character would be very vulnerable.

I don't think it is too much of a stretch to see luperci blacksmiths using steel, so much as other metal compounds though. Given its easy of melting it down and reusing as well as the large supply the north american continent would have. Give that the Apocalypse happened before the decline in steel manufacturing (right?).
Saluce wears armor. You might ask Matt how he figured out what he did for it.