Joining!
1.Character Name:Cassie
2.Character Birthdate: January 14 2009
3.Gender:Female
4.Species: Wolf-dog-coyote hybrid
5.Is your character a Luperci?: Yes
6.Other 'Souls Characters: N/A
7.How you found 'Souls?:On the advertising board of Blossom Forest
8.Are you joining a pack?: I will be a loner for now, but maybe later I will join a pack
9.If joining a pack, are you joining IC or OOC?:I will choose OOC.
10.Profile or writing examplesSadI do not know how to link but I can manually write them.)
Example One:

Cassie strolled placidly along the borders, squatting periodically to renew the scent markers while her mind thrilled with the wonder of the already routine task. She was surprised at how much she enjoyed being a beta. Friends and allies thrummed through the veins of the land like the lifeblood swirling beneath her russet skin and the weight of her new responsibility was strangely comforting. It gave her a sense of belonging and a sense of being needed that she had never before managed to ascertain. Since her beloved friend Wil had disappeared, life had seemed devoid of all hope and warmth. With a shudder, she recalled her descent into madness, Her eyes grew a little wet at the despondent train of her thoughts but she angrily shook off the mantle of depression. She was messing with the big boys now, and she didn’t have time to meander around playing ‘Juliet’ while she had a pack to run. As though it agreed, the wind gave her sleek pelt an approving stroke and she caught the faint tendrils of a familiar sweet scent embedded there. Pausing where she stood, the wolf raised her elegant head and inhaled deeply, surprised to catch the perfume again, only stronger then it had previously been. Her first few pawsteps in that direction were wary, though they soon lost their heavy drag as she recognised the odour. It was her brother Tauros's scent.

It was with a gasp of joy that realization hit home and Cassie picked up the pace until she swung rhythmically at a fast lope, her long strides eating up the ground until she peaked a gentle rise and saw the stocky, strong figure of Tauros set against the glossy sky. Feeling suddenly self-conscious, She slowed to a brisk walk before coming to a halt a few feet away from her beloved sibling. However, her tail wagged excitedly to and fro and the smile on her jowls was clearly evident in her eyes as she came face to face with the wolf that had been her role model and like her father when her far own father was brutally slain by another pack. Her words were easy and confident, though they too were full of the warmth she felt for the older brute, “Tauros! It is such a pleasure to see you, though may I ask why are you here? I thought you said you never wanted to see me again!.” She blushed, realizing that she had allowed the pup in her to speak rather enthusiastically and over excited. Clearing her throat, she looked away in order to let the concealed blush subside before meeting her eyes and trying again, “I’m sorry. I’m just a little tense and more then a little unworthy of the honour of my position. Still, it really is good to see you, though I take it this visit is not strictly a friendly reunion?” She guessed that He had come to forge an alliance with the pack. Had she been more confident, she may have privately though it a wise decision, but she held no thoughts of such conceited nature. Instead, she felt slightly honoured to be considered worthy enough that Tauros would rather have his pack as an ally then a foe. Giving herself a slight shake, she regathered her thoughts and fixed Tauros with an entirely lucid stare. For the first time in her life, she faced the brother she had not seen in so many years as an equal, bearing neither the tilted chin of ill will nor the tucked tail of insecurity. It was truly a sight she thought she would never be privy to.
Grinning widely, she ran over to kiss his face.

Example Two:

The powerful call wakes Cassie from her slumber. Opening amber opticals to the rich morning air, She raises her head and then breathing in, tasting the atmosphere. A strange odor of a stranger greets her. Audits lace back upon their master, thoughts of doubt and anger the first to enter Cassie's brainpan. How dare they come to her pack. Cassie's alpha was away. And this was an alpha challenge. But why? How dare the unworthy male intrude on our packlands, challenging my alpha. Why would they doubt her worthyness of the the throne? Ooids narrow as she lifts herself to her paws. A breath of pure exhaustion leaves Cassie's tired lips as her long plumage flicks wearily behind her tall slender chassi. Raw but healing bite marks and gashes line her body as she stretches it to its full extent, feeling the pulling of her tender skin. It feels like just yesterday that I met Tauros in the forest where their battle ensued to defend herself. . It feels like just yesterday that he ran his rusty daggers through Cassie's flesh and aimed to place his streamlined dagger-like fangs as deep into her body as possible. It feels like just yesterday that she came back from the clearing to her beloved home and it felt like she was looking at her alpha for the first time. She remembered closing her amber orbs and fully embracing its power, letting the scent of it draw her in just as it did the first time.

The doubt starts twining its way up and around Cassie's silhouette, touching on every curve and lean muscle surface. 'What if I can't do this again? What if I have to go on doing this forever, battle after tormenting battle, all to defend my place as queen? I don't know if I can stand it'. Her dial lowers, pools of russet close, her body a statue. She takes a moment to feel what she is to her very core, every vein, every artery, every heart beat, every aching muscle. She take a deep breath and holds it, concentrating on nothing at all, letting her mind remain blank. An eternity seems to pass before she parts her golden labrums and let the breath fall from them, opening her voids as if to a new day. Lobes fold forward toward the source at the borders, flag lifting it its full height above her spine, telling the world that she is beta, second in command, and it is her duty to greet the strangers. . Her velvets curve upward a little, the start of a gentle smile as her right fore paw steps forward, the first of many steps.

Before she knows it, she is running full blast through the forests of her home, satellites pricked forward, irises of earth brown bright and focused on the winding path ahead. She neared the borders and slow to let the toxic perfume of her newest assailant invade her sensitive nasal passages, pupils alert as she waits for her to come into view. Her steps are now a walk as she step from the thick forest into the light in time to see a masculine looking wolfess of the darkest brown color I've ever seen. Her crown raises to its full height, yet she's not as tall as the banshee before her. She is tall and muscular, built more like a male than a female, her body just screaming warrior. Again, doubt edges into her vortex before she shakes it off mentally, not letting her see Cassie's moment of weakness as her features remain open and patient like a beta.Cassie will not let looks end this battle before it has even begun. She has fought too long and hard for her pack to give up now.

Before she has time to form much of an opinion of the ess, she takes note of her respectful body language, silvery green orricles looking back at her devoid of anything but the humblest request. Cassie must admit she's a bit taken aback yet she strives not to show it, instead letting her russet kisser form the touch of gentleness in a small smile. Eavesdroppers stay alert, listening carefully as the huntress starts to speak. After taking in her vocals, she bows her apex in acknowledgment.My alpha now stands beside me. Listening to the ess standing before us. She then opens her maw and says in honey lyrics "Consider your challenge accepted. I will meet you there." Nothing more needs to be said. She doesn't know not the minx's name or past, yet it doesn't mean much in this situation. Either way she will have to fight her for the right to keep my alpha's position and lands. If she win, she will go on about her business, maybe heal up and challenge her again or someone else. If she wins, then my alphess will heal and come back stronger than ever, striving to get Cassie's home back. Her thoughts drift to her pack mates and a sadness falls upon her amber twins. What will they think of Sainia if she fails? Will they think that she betrayed them with her weakness?She isthe beta of a warrior pack after all. It seems only right that weakness is a betrayal.

Cassie continues to stare openly at the vixen before her, knowing that by her staying here, she wants something. Usually a challenger hungry for battle will howl their challenge and race to the clearing to await me. Once there, the alpha usually faces them and tell them the rules of the challenge, allowing them first attack for getting there first. Its only polite protocal that the challenger gets first hit.Cassie's anxiety evident over her alpha's challenge. Now she had to do the 'alpha work' while her alpha was absent.She kept calm and ready for the challenges ahead. (AAAH! Sorry that it's all over the place, I get carried away! Oh the alpha's name is Sainia)

Example Three: (Getting Tired Now This may not be as good as the others+ I am too lazy to do paragraphs Tongue)

Cassie watched the elk flee. She phased back to her alternate form and sighed. Letting the cool air of her breath was over her full lips. Her pack was with her. Their presence sweet. They all quickly shifted and one of the females , Marla stood up and said " Jesus we only got one this time." Her gaze shifted down to the crippled/mangled elk cow. Marla glared at Cassie and said in a snickering voice " And it's all Cassie's fault for not being fast enough." Cassie started to make a remark back when their alpha Sainia jumped in to stop the oncoming diagreement. " Now Marla, you know that a pack works as one. If it's only one, we can come back tomorrow or later to get more food for the pack. Marla pouted sticking out her collegen/botox injected lips. One of the males, Marco laughed and said " No need to fight." He was Marla's mate but he didn't really seem to be on her side. This remark just made Marla pout even more. He flickered his deep teal irises over to Cassie and smiled. He knew of her dislike of Marla. Marla got up and started trying to pull him away by the arm. Her attempt were futile as she fell flat on her face in the dusty soil beneath their feet. Cassie felt she and her wolf were one. The voice in her head talked to her, giving her advice on things important. Cassie parted her lips and said to her pack "Who wants to go for a run, hunting makes me feel exhilarated. I bet running will too." She looked at her family and one of them spoke up. It was Marco once again and he said " Uh, no thanks you beta types can run around all day long with tons of stamina. As for me, I am staying back at the alpha house to have a shower." She giggled and looked around, her pools of amber still searching until her crush, Wilson says " Hey I could." He flashes a smile at her that took the breath right away from her lungs. The wolf inside her was shrieking madly saying 'This is it! A run with our soulmate!' Down girl. She scolded the voice, Wilson had to be mated to another feya from a different pack.But for now it was all sweet,sweet freedom with her crush.
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet!

Though you've joined the game as a Loner, do begin considering packs and which you'd like to join. Survival as a Loner is less realistic -- wolves and other canines are generally social creatures, preferring to live in a pack structure!

Post-Joining Process
Mandatory:
    [*]Make an In Character post within five days. Post a thread request to get started, or consider starting or replying to an open thread. [*]Please let us know in the Absentee Thread if you plan to be absent for more than four days.[*]Keep reading! While there's only a minimum of three topics you have to read to join the game, we provide a wealth of information for a reason -- we expect players to read and reference this material often while they roleplay at 'Souls.
Preferred:
    [*]If you're leaving us, please try to let us know in the Player Updates forum. There is no penalty for leaving; you're free to re-join at any time later.
Still Need a Bit of Help?

You can find a wealth of information on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once -- the guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference. Post any questions you may have in the Questions and Help forum. Check the FAQ first, though! Failing all else, contact a staff member.

If you need help getting adjusted to your pack, you should talk to your pack leader! They can help you to understand the pack's rank system and how to get a better rank, as well as direct you to plots, potential thread partners, and active members of the pack who may be interested in engaging you.