Names?
Okay so my character is French and I need names for her.
She is a heartbreaker and a deviant person. She cares about no ones feelings and is kind of crazy. She is intimate and likes to flirt dangerously with anyone..

So far I have-

Âme Brisée which means Broken Soul and
Meurtrier Coeur which means Heart Muderer.

Any other names you can think of are welcome. I really want them to fit her personality.
QUOTE (Ookami @ May 23 2011, 09:07 AM)
Meurtrier Coeur which means Heart Muderer. [/quote]
MeurtRier Coeur = direct translation: murderer heart
It would need to be Meurtrier de(s) Coeur(s) ("murderer of heart(s)") and note the correct spelling of meurtrier.

You might want to avoid names with accents in them simply because they are a pain to type over and over again and also a pain for other people to PM since they can't just type in the name, they have to either go get the accented letter and put it in or hunt down the profile and hit the PM link. Just an opinion, though.

You honestly might be better of picking a French name and adding some sort of French terminology for a last name. It works better, and in my opinion it doesn't sound so cheesy. That's what I did for a couple of my characters (Aurélie Vie d'Esprit = Aurélie life of spirit -- an NPC, so I didn't have to type her name that much with the accent).

If you haven't seen it yet, try using Behind the Name's Random Renamer generator. You can select it to pick French feminine names, then keep refreshing till you see one you like... then click on it to read more about its meaning. Very handy!

And also note Behind the Surname, which doesn't have a generator but you can look through French surnames there if you like.

There's a few Francophones on 'Souls (Tammi and myself to name a couple, and we both speak different dialects) so if you need someone to check your translation, we can do that. Big Grin