Mo' money, mo' problems
[html]

Big Grin

Night had just fallen over the mountain and the animals were beginning to settle down for the evening. Her footsteps blended in among the sounds of crickets and other nocturnal insects beginning their nighttime serenade as she trekked through the forest toward the cave system that she called home. The pack had recently extended their borders to claim more of the wooded area to the south of the mountain, and she spent much of her time exploring it and scouting the new borderline for intruders.

Today had been as uneventful as the last few, though. Ever since her talk with Ehno the Angela had been hoping each day that one of their three remaining children would come back into her life. Naniko had left 'Souls to find Selene, and at that time all four of the pups had been here. A few short months later and, with the exception of Harlowe, they'd all left just as she had.

The air was beginning to cool as night approached, a fact that she was grateful for. She'd never been one for the heat...Naniko was glad for their cave home, which provided shade and coolness even on the hottest of days. She thought of her den and her comfortable bed as her feet took her nearer to the entrance to the twisting tunnels. The insomniac couldn't wait to get to her bed and lay down to rest her feet. Perhaps sleep would finally come to her on this night.

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.nani22 b {color:#476571;}
.nani22 p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 350 :: Out of character text here.

The dark night around her did not bother Gemma at all, she likened herself to a star of the sky standing out lusciously against the backdrop of black rather than other less fortunate canines she knew. They did not have her good luck of being born completely white to celebrate for. To Gemma white pups are the most important of the litter to be cherished and adored, of course the others would be loved as well but just not as much as the little white stars. So far she had held true to her beliefs but the woman did not know how she would react upon the arrival into her life of any live pups, the eight of two litters she had birthed prematurely had been too young to judge them based on color, she was not that harsh as to scorn the dead, the pain of loosing them still made her sour and bitter when she thought about it although she knew that for both litters she had been too young to care for them like a mother should.

Thoroughly depressed now she turned her attention outwards upon her surroundings, tress waved in the slight breeze but were hushed as though taking care not to disturb those who slept through the night hours. She decided that there would be better company than just herself in the safety of the caves and so set off for the entrance to inside the Halycon mountains. She was almost upon them when in the distance she saw another such as herself, white coat shining out in the night, the other was moving slower then herself so she quickly caught up and found herself at an intersecting angle. Only when she was close could the scent identify the stranger wolf as Naniko, the Angela. Gemma stiffened, she had never met Naniko but she had heard stories that did not endear her to the leader woman, rumors that made her want to hide but Gemma Sawtooth was no coward, with a respectful dip of her head as she came into the other's sight range,

"Hello Ma'am."

<style>
.free-a37 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.free-a37 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a37 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a37 b {color:#ef6c42; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a37 {font-family: garamond, serif; font-size:14px; color:#e6ceac; letter-spacing:.8px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:475px;}
.free-a37 .inner{background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a37.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:475px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

She came and left the caves like a spirit, appearing in one place and disappearing out a back entrance or escape tunnel. Naniko knew the caves quite well...at least, the portion that they had managed to map out and explore so far. She didn't go into the tunnel that had collapsed over her sister weeks before, her own superstitions getting the best of her when she neared that tunnel. From the looks of things one could get over the rubble...but she had no desire to.

The Angela was beginning to loosen her weapons-belt in anticipation of reaching her den, but paused in mid-movement as a voice sounded nearby. She often came across members while out doing her duties...some wanted her assistance with something or advice about how to handle a situation or another wolf. She tried to help as much as she could; these wolves were her family, after all. But she wasn't overly friendly and didn't bend over backward to be available to them.

"Hello." She hadn't seen this female before, but the girl smelled as if she fit in here. She had to be family of another wolf...or perhaps an unrelated wolf that Theodore had accepted. "I don't think we've met." Her raspy voice said. "I'm in and out quite a bit." Her border-patrol was a daily and nightly ritual.

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
fail post D:

Nerves filled her up and consumed her inside as she watched the Angela pause in the removal of her weapon belt. The female felt very foolish and useless next to the armed leader, like she was a useless thing intended to look pretty only and never be anything more worthful or helpful. She shuffled her feet in shame and looked down at the dainty digits, she did want to be useful to this pack that had so kindly accepted her even though she had suddenly appeared within their midst. Sharp eyes looked her over and the femme pinned back her ears in respect, a pretty thing she may be but dumb she was not.

She shook her head as Naniko questioned them meeting before and took the words as an asking of who she was, "I'm Gemma Sawtooth, Lucifer's daughter." Again she shuffled her feet, if she was wanting to be useful then she should find herself a job to do within the pack, Naniko would be just the person to ask,

"Well the thing is I was wanting to have a role within the pack to help keep it going but I don't know what jobs there are to do or how I'd go about getting them, I was just wondering if you would explain them to me, if you have the time."
[html]

Back when she had lived in Clouded Tears Naniko had been a very different wolf...a wolf much like this girl, perhaps. From what she could observe in the girl's behavior she was somewhat afraid or shy; her head kept going down as if she had done something to deserve wrath from the white Angela. Naniko had often feared Laruku when she had been younger, as he'd been much older and wiser than she...she had been afraid that at any second he would decide she wasn't worth having around and tell her she had to leave, for some reason. After Iskata had left, Naniko had wondered if she had been more of a burden than anything else on the grizzled Alpha.

"Good to meet you, Gemma. I'm sorry I wasn't there to see you into the pack when you joined. Are you liking it here so far? Some of the canines can be less than friendly...but I hope you feel that you fit in" Naniko said. She nodded when the girl mentioned wanting to find a job or duty within the pack. She could imagine that it would get rather boring around Anathema without something to occupy one's time. "We have many ranks...it depends on what one is interested in. We have a rank for those who wish to pursue medicine and healing, weapon-wielding, pup-sitting, spying...did you have a duty in the last place that you lived that you really enjoyed?" She asked. She motioned for the girl to follow her back to the caves, beginning to walk once more. They could continue speaking inside, perhaps, where the leader could have a nice sit-down.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
She smiled weakly as the Angela apologised for not being at her joining and the woman decided it was best that she not mention being kidnapped by Alaki, the man already hated her enough as it was and she didn't need to give him any more reason to be tempted to hurt her. She nodded to the question of whether or not she was liking it so far, and smiled with a more genuine expression this time, she did like it in Anathema, it was a lot better than being in the bachelor pack she had been in previously.

She nodded attentively as Naniko explained to her the various jobs that one could immerse themselves in while sequestered in Anathema, although when the woman mentioned pup-sitting, Gemma's blue eyes lit up in the way that only those who had given birth themselves could know and appreciate, the bond of motherhood shared, even if Gemma had never truly gotten to mother her own children. She began to walk besides Naniko on their way back to the caves while she tried to think of a polite way to answer the last question,

"Uhhm, I don't think any job I had in the last pack I was in would be appropriate." Although she did not speak the completel answer aloud, her meaning was perfectly clear although hidden within her words, she had been kept as a sex slave for a group of roving males who had taken a liking to her.