It dies upon her heart
[html]
[Image: ooc-1.jpg]

All Welcomed Big Grin

The Quartz Shoreline was near her relatives' lands, and she often went out and explored the territory. Back home she hadn't ever been able to see the coast--it had never been so close. Ember was somewhat of a homebody, that was true, but she did enjoy a trip to the ocean every once in a while. Living in Labrinth Glen made that possible.

A lot was happening in the young girl's life, some things that she could control and some things that she couldn't. Her father had left, apparently...he'd made it through the fire, but no one had seen him since. Five of her siblings, Dierdre, Sun, Firefly, Davinci, and Magdalena, she hadn't seen since before the fire had come. But she was managing...or trying to.

Ember reached the shore and walked it for a ways, paws padding along through the waves. She didn't realize that she'd come into any pack's territory; the smell of the sea was too sharp. The quiet young wolf went a little farther up the beach, digging a small sitting place in the sand, curling up into it. The tide wouldn't be coming in for a while, so she didn't fear the water. She felt relatively safe. The wolf cast her bright green eyes about once more before putting her head down and closing them.

[/html]
[html]

Hi!

These new lands felt like home, but, besides the little patches of land that were actually occupied by Insieme members, Beppe didn't feel the need to protect them. That was probably why, as he wandered up the beach and his eyes fell on a foreign form in the distance, not so much as a hair bristled. In fact, the boy was rather pleased. These lands were beautiful, but his insides were so tied up in murkier things that he would gladly welcome something unfamiliar.

"Hello there," he said gently as he got closer to the younger wolf, curled up in the sand. Beppe hoped she hadn't been sleeping, though she seemed pretty cozy and her mind had likely wandered off to another world, even if it wasn't Sleep. He didn't mention that she had come onto lands that technically belonged to his parents, not even by way of welcoming her; the boy really didn't want her to leave anyway. Had it been a brutish male, maybe, but the girl seemed absolutely harmless and he could use the company.

Crossing his legs, he hoped that she wouldn't mind his, and sat down a couple short paces away from her.

[/html]
[html]

It was getting warmer and warmer, something that she didn't care much for. This was her first spring/summer, and she wasn't sure how to deal with the heat. Ember liked the spring best, so far, with the green that graced the lands--but now it was starting to fade just a little bit. The spring season seemed a little anticlimatic...over way too soon. It felt like the snow had just melted away yesterday.

Her coat soaked up the sun's rays as she lay there in her nice, cool hole. It was a comfortable contrast, the temperature of the sand and the sun together, and she was soon drifting off. She was nearly asleep when she heard the voice, something that drew her up out of her slumber. "Papa?" She mumbled, not quite awake.

But the wolf in front of her didn't look a thing like Phoenix. Why had she thought that it'd been him? She'd been hoping that her father would come back, waiting for him at the border of Labrynth Glen for hours each day...but so far, nothing. Maybe she was construing every wayward sound as a sign of him.

She didn't seem to be in any immediate danger. The wolf before her was looking at her with curiousity, not malice, so she got up out of the hole slowly. If first impressions counted hers would probably be a bad one; she still hadn't managed to find a brush, and her coat was an absolute mess. She'd made it through the burnt lands, but without her pack the young female hadn't been able to eat much. She only knew the very basics of hunting. So her body had suffered a little.

She wasn't sure if it would be rude to shake so she didn't, simply sitting down, looking sheepishly toward the ground. "Ah...I'm sorry. I didn't think I would run into anybody, so I'm not really looking my best. And I'm also sorry that I called you...Papa." She felt so stupid. "You sound sort of like him, sir" After a few more moments of staring shyly at the sand she let herself look up, but slowly. "I'm Ember"

[/html]
[html]

Beppe's fingers traced circles into the sand, carving out smooth trenches and making ridges. His deep eyes settled in between the shore and the sky, his peripheral vision picking up the gentle lull of the sea while his ears drowned in its noise. The sound of the sea was so familiar and yet there were small rhythms beneath that were always different, and today, this is what the boy focused on. It was nice to find solace in a different environment, though it was quite nice just to find solace at all.

He didn't respond to the girl as she spoke, figuring that her statement hadn't really been directed at him anyway. She was up and apologizing soon enough, though, and he listened with wide eyes and shook his head. He, surely, didn't look his best either. He took a moment, wondering when the last time he had even seen a brush, but that figure of speech failed... There was a brush in his home, and though he had not even touched it, he had seen it. The boy shrugged as she finished explaining, and as she introduced herself, he smiled. "My name's Beppe, nice to meet you."

[/html]
[html]

She hadn't really gotten out a lot when she had lived in Storm. That was probably why she'd spent so much time wandering, without family nearby. Sometimes they were a little too much. But now that everything was over, and she hadn't found any of them at all...she wished that she'd been there more. Her father had been sick for a few months, and she had spent most of her time with him.

"I've only been here a few times, and it was warm...so I decided to take a nap" She didn't know why she felt like she had to explain herself. Shouldn't wolves always be on guard in strange lands? What if a coyote had come up, instead of him? Her family had gotten into a lot of trouble with the coyotes before...and she'd even tried to fight one once. "Nice to meet you, too" A slight tail wag at that. "You live here? On the beach?"

[/html]
[html]
[/html]The boy smiled faintly at Ember, nodding as she spoke. He could understand her reasoning; this place was quite lovely, even when it was threatening to rain. The sand somehow stored so much warmth, the sea also relatively temperate. He didn't spend a lot of time napping outdoors anymore, though it was something that, with this little reminder that it was, indeed, possible, he missed. The presence of a comfortable house monopolized his sleeping time.

"Yes, I live here on the beach, but up there a little way, and in a house. I think it would be nice to live on just the beach, outside of a house, but I have not tried it since we came here. The stars at night, they are beautiful..." He smiled a little. The boy's English was still broken, but maybe it was improving a little, and he certainly felt more comfortable with it. Feeling a little like too many words had spilled out, though, he added, "Where do you live?" [html]
[/html]
[html]

She still felt odd, dirty, unkept. She liked staying clean, liked it when her fur was nice and shiny. The only body of water she'd found so far was the sea, and she knew better than to try and take a bath in that; last time she'd ended up with salt dried inbetween the layers of her fur. It'd taken ages to get out without a brush, and it had tasted awful.

Ember was feeling a little more comfortable now and she nodded when he mentioned the stars. Really, she hadn't noticed that his english wasn't very good--she'd been too busy looking at him. They did look a lot alike, but he was much bigger than she was. Phoenix had told her that she would grow, though, to be as big as him someday. And that was huge.

"I've never been in a house before...just outside. I did sleep in a hole under a tree a few nights ago, but that wasn't really very comfortable." She'd just barely fit in, but it had been raining...so she'd had no other option. "I don't like to shift..it hurts. Do you always stay in your shifted form?" At his question about where she lived, she pointed her nose in the direction. "Labrynth Glen--a forest pack. I stay with my cousin and my sister Dierdre's grandmother Fatin. Is much of your family here?"

[/html]
[html]
[/html]
During the time that Beppe had spent in Clouded Tears, he had always slept outside. The fog would grow even thicker at night and permeate through his fur. It left the boy's skin a little chilled, but it was pleasing to him, almost reminiscent of his old home in Northern Italy. This was the only period of his life where he lived outside, though; everywhere else he had inhabited had given them a house.

If the boy had felt bad about saying a lot, he learned he didn't have to. Smiling softly at her words, his fingers finally stopping their ceaseless spiral through the sand, he nodded. "Yes, here where I live we usually stay in our shifted form... It is easier, for us, or at least my mother and my father and myself, because we are used to life in Italy, where most everyone stays in their shifted form. I don't shift a lot, as well, but once you get used to it it doesn't hurt as much." The boy smiled, trying to be encouraging to the younger girl. He peered towards where Ember had pointed with her noise, and nodded. Beppe had not yet left Insieme lands.

"My mother and my father are here, and also an aunt. For a long time it was only me and my mother... Do you want to see our house?" It was somewhat surprising to him that she had never been in one, but also understandable. Anyways, he would be pleased to show her around.

[html]
[/html]
[html]

You can pp them walking if you want, or they can talk along the way Big Grin either one is cool.

In her pack they were mixed. Some stayed in their two legged form and some stayed in their four legged form--it just depended on how they felt, or what they were going to be doing throughout the day. Ember had never really felt that her two legged form was natural--maybe that was why it hurt so badly sometimes. "I do sort of like it...standing. But I don't think that I got all the way there. I was kind of...halfway standing..." She trailed off, unsure of whether she should continue. He probably thought that she was really boring.

"I haven't tried again since the first or second time" Her mother hadn't been around to teach her, and her father had been sick. She would have asked Naniko, but she knew that the female was often busy with matters in her own pack. And now Dierdre was gone. "Absolutely I do." She answered seriously. After a moment, though, her face stretched into a smile. "Is it a really big house?"

[/html]
[html]
[/html]
Beppe was a little less stuck in his ways than his relatives. He couldn't remember when he ever -- if ever -- saw any of them in their non-shifted form. He, on occasion, would switch in order to hunt. Escaping from the fire he had been unshifted; it just seemed easier. There was less smoke to worry about, down low. There were benefits of both forms.

The boy thought fleetingly that he might be able to teach her, but wasn't sure if he'd make a good mentor. Perhaps later he would offer. "It's fairly big," he said, smiling. In truth it was quite a beast of a house, made for the richest of folk that wanted to live with their feet practically dipped in the ocean. "This way," he said, smiling, and began to walk up the shore.

It was not very far to the houses, and as they started to become distinct buildings he pointed out the first one. "That's the one I stay in with my family." He smiled, continuing to walk unhurriedly.

[html]
[/html]
[html]

Ember is actually sort of modelled after Pam from The Office. o_o Lolol! At least, the American version xD I don't know if she's different in the british version or if everything's the same Big Grin I can't wait to see it!

He was pretty easygoing, she noted. He treated her like an old aquaintence, even though they'd just met; he didn't seem worried about her attacking him or trying to take any of the land that he lived on. She couldn't believe that there was an entire pack here that she hadn't known about--it was so strange. "I really like this place. I do like living in Labrynth Glen, but it's hard, not knowing anyone. When I got back into the territories I didn't see anyone in the burned lands, and I'd thought that everybody had died. I wasn't here when the fires hit" She admitted. "I was looking for my mother"

She still felt really bad about that. Now her father was missing but Iskata had returned. It was like trading in one for the other. "My father's dissapeared...but mother came back. And my brother, Kansas" She did have many family members around the lands, but she didn't know a lot of them. Most were extended family. "They're all so huge--what're they made of?" She asked, curiously. Her light green eyes took in the buildings with a little bit of excitement, imagining what they looked like on the inside.

[/html]