Where do you go when you're blue??
[html]
[Image: 1-7.jpg]

Now that she was getting a little bit older, she felt like she could leave the territory for longer periods of time. Esme had yet to find a sponser in the pack, one that might want to take her in...but then, she'd never really been into that kind of thing. Ever since she had lost her mothers and sister, Orion, she had been acting fairly independent.

Being as independent as she was, though, the pup often got into trouble. Today was no exception! Esme was visiting the beach for the very first time since she'd been dumped from the ocean two months before. When she saw the waters her eyes widened--she had forgotten how much she loved the beach.

There was so much to see...but she settled on a tide pool, eventually. The young girl looked into the pool, at the array of life within, dipping her paw down into the clear water. There was one creature that was shaped like a star, a crab-looking thing, some seaweed, and something that she'd never seen before. It was a dark red color, with long needles that stuck up out of the water. She wondered if that was how it breathed, through those parts that stuck up, and she looked in a little closer. Was it fuzzy, or spiky?

[/html]
[html]

[ooc] -- i thought you'd be there.

holding daisies, counting stars. -- [bic]

Cercelee found herself wandering again, the pack was all nice and settled, although it hadn’t grown in numbers at all. Still, having a pack was at least an accomplishment, it did not matter if they were the smallest. Even the fact that four wolves alone could not stand as a pack and if they lost even just one member they would be back to square one. That did not bother her so much. Dahlia de Mai. It was a pretty name, the members were nice, even the rank names sounded pleasant. Her home was a nice enough place to be, and individually the members were all nice, but the weird tension between Mew and Colibri bugged the alabaster yearling, and she didn’t really know how to address Hanna or get the older wolf to interact. Cercelee did not care for the formalities that had surfaced between some of them. With only four other members her duties did not weigh her down either. And so for lack of companionship and any real work, Cercelee found herself moving along again, this time towards another beach she had discovered.

Not much time elapsed in loneliness before Cercelee spotted a large white dot in the sand from some distance. Picking up her pace, she knew what that dot was going to be, as she had once been a big white dot as well, and still was if the viewer was far enough away. Coming up, the navy eyes of the female looked the puppy over, not expecting any clues to where the child might have come from, but looking none the less. The sight was kind of cute in a way that all puppy-like curiosity is cute, and a little scary. The smaller wolf hunched over the tide pool, her nose not too far away from what Cercelee guessed was a sea urchin, equipped with potentially painful spikes. Stepping a bit closer and putting a foot out between the pup and the sea creature, Cercelee spoke, friendly but offically. I wouldn’t get much closer than that, miss, unless you are looking for a sharp spike in your nose.

[/html]
[html]

ooc

[Image: 6580.jpg]

She was still young in the ways of the world. The sea had always interested her, though. Esme had come from the sea...she had been dragged away into it for several days, dropped off on the coast of Bleeding Souls a few months ago. But now those lands were gone, burnt to the ground. So she'd come here. Somehow she had been separated from her sister Remedy...but she had found some other wolves to stay with.

She was about to reach out and touch the creature when something obscured her vision, blocking the spike-ball from view. "But...I's just wanting to pet it" She explained. "Looks fuzzy"

[/html]
[html]
Cercelee could not help but smile, children were amusing for several reasons. The rosea of Dahlia de Mai wasn’t one to gush over how cute they were, or indulge in pet names for them or any of that sort, but she could silently giggle over how dense they were and how their inexperience led them into funny situations. Like this now. Where was the parents to keep their child from getting a paw or nose full of spikes? No, it’s not fuzzy at all, I promise you. Her tone was still the same tone she used to speak with any adult, any peer of hers, but Cercelee found amusement in the fact that she would never have to promise such a meaningless promise to anyone but an adult.

Peering down at the child, Cer used her size to her advantage, sweeping the child back a few feet gently with her leg and paw. The sea urchin was still close in the tidal pool, and Cercelee wasn’t sure if it was poisonous or not, but she knew that many things that came from the sea were and those usually have spikes or tentacles to sting one with.
Where do you come from? The female had a pretty good guess, knowing of the pack that lay on the other side of Whisper Beach merely from the scent that those lands now gave off, but she didn’t have a name for it, or even a face for any of the members. My name is Cercelee and my pack Dahlia de Mai is right on the other side of this beach. What’s your name? Maybe children needed to not be strangers before they trusted your judgement on whether something was spiky or fuzzy, who would trust a nameless stranger?

[/html]
Argh, double post. I am sorry about that!