our endless numbered days [p]
[html]

For Annan! Set at the training grounds. Sorry for taking so long, I tried to find the training grounds in other threads and on the CdM website but couldn’t find anything… so let’s pretend Ezra gets lucky finding them?

After leaving unexpectedly for a couple weeks, Ezra wasn’t exactly willing to leave his mate’s side. But cabin fever eventually set in, and the male trekked out away from his bungalow to have an afternoon for himself. Ever was off hunting, or something, and he took the time to do this own thing knowing she wouldn’t be worried about his whereabouts. He always did come back, after all.

Ezra trekked deep into the territory with no destination in mind and no one to see. His mind lingered on the night spent with Ever not too long ago; there was so much impromptu passion and love. He sighed, thinking about the woman he so dearly loved. It pained him to be away, but he was enjoying his time away from her. He only planned on staying away long enough to get rid of the restlessness seeping under his skin.

Somehow, the Duke found himself in a place he hadn’t ever been before within the packlands. Sniffing the ground, Ezra caught smells that came from unfamiliar people within the Kingdom. Again the man was hit with a shot of embarrassment; his knowledge of pack members was atrocious. He had no idea who anyone was. The snowstorm did help though; he did at least meet everyone, even if the pack was under intense stress and it wasn’t the best time for introductions. Ezra let out a quick, friendly bark, hoping someone he knew would stop by.

<style>
.ezra-e09 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ezra-e09 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ezra-e09 b {color:#B4C5E1; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ezra-e09 {background-color:#343A44; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/b8o7zb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #B4C5E1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#11151B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.ezra-e09-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
300+[html]

Big Grin

From the moment she awoke each morning Anann quickly left the cabin. Finding that the ghosts of a life she had thrown away haunted her less if she did not linger within the empty walls. Especially in the hours of dusk and dawn when she had seldom found herself alone within them. Her possessions were still there, but it was void of the love and simple happiness that had made it home. Now it was nothing more than log walls with a bed to sleep in. Haunted by memories still fresh and painful.

First she had headed to the stables, as she always had. Tending to Rem and spending a few minutes with the colt she had yet to name. The young equine had yet to develope an attention span that allowed her to teach him little more than simple tolerance in having his feet and belly messed with and a bit of halter training. By late morning she finished her daily duties at the stables, leaving the menial chores and care of the other stock to Alder and Ever to finish up.

Leaving the stables she had taken the path would inevitably take her towards her cabin. However that was not her destination and she took a small side path after crossing the stream between her home and the stables, making her way up to a cluster of covered clay vats. The various skins within had been soaking for a few days now in the mix of water and ash and it was time to check to see if the hairs had started to slough off. The first two appeared to need another day or so she did not even bother with the third, expecting the results to be no different.

She had made her way back to the main path. Her home and the training yard behind it were just out of sight when she heard the bark. It sounded as if it had come from the backside of the yard and so the golden woman changed her coarse from the worn path in a direct route to the call's source. She recognized the secui male, though she did not have a name. Only a face and a scent. Hello, she called out giving a smile as she made eye contact with the nameless male.I remember you from the hotel, but I'm afraid I never did catch your name. I'm Anann, by the way." She said once she had closed the distance to a reasonable speaking distance. "So what brings you out here?" She asked, taking into consideration that perhaps it was not obvious to all what this place was. What with its wooden, cross shaped dummies and various patches of bare earth where use had worn away the grass.

<style>
.anann-d22 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.anann-d22 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.anann-d22 b {color:#fbd9cd; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.anann-d22 {background-color:#a7b0b9; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15x1rpf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fbd9cd; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#656a6f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.anann-d22-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

Ezra’s curiosity got the best of him, so while he was waiting for someone to come, he poked his dark, wet nose everywhere that seemed interesting. He seemed to have stumbled upon a place that was well-frequented and used often. The male kept sniffing around, his interest piqued. The wooden dummies perplexed him, but he realized they were used to practicing something. Battle perhaps? He wasn’t aware that the kingdom had this sort of thing, but the idea of needing training grounds made sense in case of an attack.

A figure called out to him, introducing herself. Ezra recognized the blonde woman and gave her a warm smile. “I remember you too,” he said after she introduced herself as Anann. “I’m Ezra, and I stumbled upon this area by accident. Are these grounds yours?” Ezra didn’t know anything about her. For all he knew she could be the pack’s knight in shining armor. That would explain why she came out of nowhere, after all.

<style type="text/css">
.ezrafree01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dce3e6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a2a2a; }
.ezrafree01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; text-align:right;}
.ezrafree01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ezrafree01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#696a6a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebe01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dce3e6; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ezrafree01-border1 {width:502px; border:3px solid #4a4f52; margin:0 auto;}
.ezrafree01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #696a6a; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by alli <3

[/html]
300+[html]

Ezra. The name now stowed away in her memory along side his scent. At one time it had bothered Anann that she knew many of her other pack mates so little. When she had first joined the court she had expected that it wouldn't take long to become familiar with everyone as she had in her homeland. But so many had come and gone and Anann knew many of them as only strange scents that had that lingered upon their land for a few weeks before vanishing. So it seemed a vain attempt to try met everyone. Eventually she had accepted the idea that if they stayed in the court long enough she would eventually run into them. For the Miracles pack seemed to spread out. Sure, many lived at the hotel, but just as many made their homes elsewhere.

"Yes," she said with a small grin, "and no." She turned and pointed towards her cabin just to the south east edge of the training grounds. "That cabin there is mine and I set up this training area, but it is free for all to use. Though I prefer others not to trespass within my home." A fair request and a courtesy that most would find obvious for the place clear smelled of the woman, and as of late her exclusively.

Anann couldn't help but look the male over. Gauging that his secui form was roughly the same size of her own. Which only made her curious to the size of his optime and if would be as comparable. Training already on her mind though it was too early to say that black and ebony male was even interested in such a thing, though he seemed to be well built for it. His scars made it obvious testament that he had at l been in a fight or two before. "Training something you'd be interested in?" she asked, simply curious. "I'm always up for sparring, any form. That went for fighting form as well as their physical forms. She preferred her optime, but liked to keep practiced in all her forms.

<style>
.anann-d22 {background-color:#a7b0b9; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15x1rpf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fbd9cd; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#656a6f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.anann-d22-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Maybe after this thread they could become sparring partners or friendssssss :3

Ezra soon became aware that he was intruding, and a flash of embarrassment crossed his face. His ears soon flattened to his superior; the lady before him deserved respect and he felt sorry for entering her land. Ezra wouldn’t have been as polite if a stranger showed up outside his house, regardless of pack alliance. “Well, I hope I didn’t bother you showing up like this,” the male said respectfully. He got good vibes from the blonde woman before him and didn’t want any potential relationship between them to go awry because of his intrusion.

Sparring came up, and Ezra’s hesitance quickly dissolved. “I’d love to!” the male barked happily, secui form pacing in excitement. “I got my ass kicked a while ago, and I don’t want that happening again. I’d also like to get better so I could protect Ever if the need ever arises,” Ezra hated the scars Ouija gave him; he viewed them as a loss and an embarrassment. Trying his best to not look at the tragedy on his shoulder, Ezra looked at Annan instead. “If you’d give me a moment to shift, we could give it a go.”

Ezra let the familiar force wash over him as his body began to elongate and expand, his charcoal mane growing down his back. These days, his optime form had become more and more salt and pepper; a sign of his age, perhaps. He wasn’t a pup anymore and it definitely started to show. However, Ezra had gotten better at shifting forms after having the curse for six months. He practiced in secret when Ever wasn’t around, and it was quite easy for the male to become two legged. Shifted, the wolfdog gave his acquaintance a smile and a “Ready?” He was excited to see how well he could stand up to the blonde woman before him.

<style type="text/css">
.ezrafree01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dce3e6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a2a2a; }
.ezrafree01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; text-align:right;}
.ezrafree01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#696a6a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebe01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dce3e6; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ezrafree01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #696a6a; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by alli <3

[/html]
300+[html]

Sure!

The black and white male appeared a little sheepish as Anann admitted her claim on the parcel of land upon which they stood. His stature becoming a bit more submissive as he said he hoped he wasn’t a bother. Anann waved a golden hand dismissing the very idea. ”No, no; not a bother at all. As I said, the training grounds are open to any of the pack.” She said with a reassuring smile. She was actually glad to see more and more of the pack using the meager training area she had managed to put together. For the longest time it seeemed as if only Haven and herself used the grounds.

Anann couldn’t help but smile at Ezra’s playful antics as sparring came up. Though she held back the soft chuckle. Her expression turning more serious as he went on to explain his reasons for wishing to train. She gave a nod as he requested and turned her back as he changed forms, knowing some felt that watching one shift about as courteous as watching one take a shit. Not that Anann particularly felt that way, it was nothing more than a simple courtesy.

Once his shift had completed, Anann turned around at his ready. She was disappointed that his optime was not as impressive as his secui, at least in compression of size to her own; she almost of full foot of height that on him. Size wasn’t everything and his physic was lithe and sleek, if he had good coordination and speed it could be a good advantage. ”Alright, well show me what you’ve got.” She stood there rather casually, her voice flat and simply motioning him forward with two fingers. Always more of a defensive fighter, Anann preferred her opponent attacked first, particularly the first time they sparred. It let her better gauge his skill and just how much she needed to hold back.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

I suck, I’m sorry. For some reason I already thought I replied to this? I’m also not 100% sure how this will go :p. Let Anann kick his ass please? XD I give you full permission to throw ezra around for fun :3

Ezra was completely surprised at how tall the woman before him stood. Ezra was a large male for sure, and while he knew his secui form probably hulked over Annan’s, she was taller (and more lithe) than Ezra was on two legs. Ezra’s excitement for the impending battle decreased as he stood across from her, suddenly doubting his abilities. The only other fight he got into (planned or not) ended up with his ass getting kicked. Ezra knew Anann wouldn’t let him get too hurt, but he also wanted her to not hold back. On her command, he charged. The male aimed for her side, teeth bared but not determined to sink into her flesh. Optime appendages lunged out, trying to grab her nimble arms and defend his own body at the same time..

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by alli <3

[/html]
[html]

sorry for the wait and I took the liberty of a fair amount of pp, let me know if you'd like it changed at all :3

Anann's stance was casual. It was neutral, lacking any sort of fighting stance. Neither defensive nor offensive as she waited for Ezra to make the first move. Her weight resting heavily on one leg more than other rather than keeping her weight spread and her balance even. A bit reckless perhaps, but this male was a bit of a novice in comparison to well trained and practiced warrior woman. There was a nervousness about him. She attributed it to his lack of experience, if not slight intimidation of her sheer size.

Ezra charged forward aiming for her torso, which all in all was a decent enough tactic as his arms seemed to search out hers. His actions were brash and easily read by female as she side stepped. A golden hued arm grabbed an arm of the male letting his momentum carry him past her as she fluidly twisted the arm uncomfortably yet not painfully behind his back. A foot of similar hue moved out to trip the boy and with a slight shove to his back Anann left Ezra to eat dirt. She was not unnecessarily rough with the male, but fighting was not something learned painlessly.

She gave him a moment to get back to his feet before she stepped forward for a moment of instruction. "Keep your arms close to your body", she demonstrated her words tucking her elbows close to her side and fore arms sticking out straight before her, "till the moment you strike." She took a quick jab at the male her hand stopping well short of its mark. "Then it is harder for your opponent use them against you."

"Again." She commanded simply as she took a step back.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

The powerplay was fine! Helps move things along ^^

As soon as the hybrid made his attack it was quickly stopped by the Lady. He felt a pull in his arm as he whipped around and fell to the ground. He groaned as his body hit the dirt, though it didn’t particularly hurt, the noise was out of frustration. This woman could beat the shit out of him, he noted, impressed with her fighting ability. Ezra wondered for a moment of how often got into fights and how much practice she had with fighting. Anann was definitely a fighter, and he was glad to know he was comrades with such a capable woman. He quickly got back up on bleached paws and listened to the words she had to say. Even though he groaned again as she ordered him to attack once more, he nodded and readied his body for the fight.

This time, Ezra charged, hands close to his body as he had been taught, this time aiming to disarm the woman. His feet tried to wrap around her legs and aim for the back of the knee. Large paws were kept close to his body as he ran towards the golden hued woman. Ezra wasn’t sure if this tactic would work, but he figured he would try disarming her instead of taking the usual offensive route.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by alli <3

[/html]
+300[html]

I seriously keep intending to short post... but no.

Ezra's first assault had been a weak attempt. Such a thing was normal though between two that had never sparred or practiced together. So she did not let it leave a heavy impression of the dual colored man before her and full expected things would get more interesting throughout the duration of this little session. Anann was beginning to accept the fact that she was often underestimated simply because of her gender in this northern realm. An inconvenience she had never experienced in her home land. Of coarse not, they thought her a goddess of war. An undefeatable deity. Rubbish. She bled as any bled and her pelt was littered with the scars to prove it. Hidden under the thick fur they might be, but they were still there.

He came at her again and his posture showed that her words of advice had not fallen on deaf ears. A slight grin spreading on her face. Her tail held high behind her and waved side to side as he charged at her. Sparring and rough housing, was there truly anything more fun? Anann thought not. She was surprised, albeit pleasantly so, when Ezra seemed to use an entirely different approach this time 'round. Using his feet to go after her legs, Anann kept her feet heavily planted and pushed back against the limbs that threatened to trip her. She held her own, trying only to hold him back rather than countering his advance. She faltered as his foot managed to make its way to the back her knee, the pressure causing it to buckle under her. It impressed the woman that he had thought of such a tactic and had she been less experienced he would have had the upper hand.

Anann let herself drop as if to go down on the knee, but she did not go all the way down. Wrapping her arms around his waist and arms she shoved into him. Intentions to left him off his feet and to lay him out on his back yet again. Though if it worked, she too would end up on the ground but with the advantage of being on top.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

No it’s cool man XD I suck and don’t know how to do fighting threads that well so if this sucks let me know!

Ezra’s heart started racing as the sparring continued, and duo-toned eyes flashed in excitement as his attack landed. Annan caught herself to prevent a tumble to the ground and threw the male back. He wasn’t expecting it and he watched helplessly as his body got shoved away from Anann’s. Bleached paws tripped on the dirt ground and with a quick move, one hand reached out behind him to catch his fall. The man snarled in frustration as he found himself on the ground again having fallen right on his tail. Without even thinking to wait for the woman’s signal, he charged her again, this time both animals were on the ground. Considering Ezra’s preference for more hand-to-hand combat in their natural forms, he could see himself enjoying this play-attack.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by alli <3

[/html]
[html]

pp again, as always just let me know if you want me to change it!!

Anann felt the feet of her opponent slip on the ground as she shoved hard into his chest from her crouched position, toppling them both over to land heavily on the ground. Anann managed to catch herself and avoided landing right on top of Ezra, instead she straddled over him rather awkwardly for a moment before she jumped back. There was no pause in the action now as the husky mix charged at her again. She met his charge with one of her own. Their bodies impacting solidly as their shoulders met, locking them in a bit of a shoving match. Such close combat would be quite bloody had the fight been in earnest, but fangs and claws were not something for a sparring match. Seeing an opening Anann took a jab at the male’s ribs. It was not at full strength but if it landed it would certainly grab his attention. Umber eyes searched for an opportunity to trip up the male to ground him yet again.

<style>
</style>[/html]