Spear me a friend
[html]

WC: 358

Saxif had been obsessing over her duties since she had returned to Aniwaya. It was the only thing that had been keeping her grounded from the emotional distress the pack had been under. Though others were adapted to the situation Saxif had been feeling overwhelmed. It had been the first time she had been presented with the prospect of darkness and danger in the world. It made her scare easily but figured it time to stop acting foolish and buck up. She was after all supposed to be a brave hunter. The thing that had her most confused was what had happened to her friend, it was described in a very odd manner. Saxif still had not quite gotten the concept, all she knew was that in a few months time she would feel strongly toward a male and have the desire to mate. But what had happened to the other girl in the village was no attraction but an attack. So she was out practicing with a plain spear as she searched her traps through out the area surrounding the pack land picturing scenarios that not just involved prey but predator. She would not be caught off guard as the other had been.

She had noticed the sun was beginning to set and her heart began to pound, she didn’t want to be caught out alone. Then she said aloud Stop it Saxif you are a brave hunter, the night is your friend. Her traps have been dry the past couple days so her only catch was a single squirrel that she tied to her belt. She still had a few to check on so she had continued her practice. She threw the spear at random objects with an impressive strength, though the accuracy needed work each throw would come closer to her desired target. When she threw the spear too hard at a distant target she gasped. She hoped the woods were clear because she had thrown it too far and the spear disappeared into the distant brush of trees where the night had already begun. She had jogged toward the trees thoughtlessly to retrieve the spear.

<style type="text/css">
.saxiftribe-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.saxiftribe b {font-weight:bold; color:#5f3f28; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxiftribe p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.saxiftribe {margin:0 auto; background-color:#242912; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/34xpa49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 510px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#787d64; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Not the traditional way in making friends... but... okay. Whatever works. (Poor Teo's gonna be walking with a limp! DSmile

The poor girl would've heard a sharp yelp rather suddenly after her spear vanished into the dark woods. Apparently she'd caught some prey just fine... too bad the young Trovato lad was only edible to cannibals and bears.

Matteo had been out and about searching for a bite to eat, just a hare or rabbit, during his short visit to AniWaya. He'd spent the entire day dealing with animals, mostly horses, and the poor lad was half starved by the time he'd gotten away from his training. His guide, a kind male named Leon, had said it was okay to go hunting, as long as he didn't catch anything to big. So Teo had headed off in his lupus form in search for something small to snack on, leaving Carissa with Leon in the meanwhile.

It was to his great displeasure and utter surprise how quickly he apparently became the prey, a sharp, albiet crude, spear suddenly shooting through the brush and straight into leg. It didn't hit any real muscle, but it caught him close enough to a tree that he suddenly found his hind leg pinned painfully to the trunk of a spruce, the head of the spear through the soft flesh behind his thigh. For a moment he panicked, yelping and curling to try and get it off, making quite the fuss over it.

The sight of a spear sunk into his leg was one thing. The fact that it was a little too close to his tail for comfort... well, that had his blood running cold. It only added to his panic to have someone come bursting through the brush where the spear had come from. He whimpered out some pleads for help, mixed with with confusing Italian that honestly made no real sense. How was someone supposed to react to a spear through the leg!?

<style type="text/css">
.Matteofreebe01 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#8b7e36; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Matteofreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; text-align:right;}
.Matteofreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Matteofreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #745e25; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Matteofreebe01-border1 {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.Matteofreebe01-line1 {width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #504f30; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC: 295

Saxif pushed through the trees faster when the yelp was heard. She gasped when she seen the source, an albino wolf was pinned to the tree by her spear. She started to panic as his hysterical voice spouted odd words of pain and anger. Oh no, no, no. I’m so sorry, what do I do? What can I do? She wondered if she should howl for help. She decided the best thing to do first was to free him from the tree. Her golden eyes fell upon his as they welled with worry and fear for the male. She side stepped to his side to avoid any lashing he had to give her. She wanted to help before getting what she deserved. She put her hand on his leg carefully and placed the other on the spear near the exit wound. Cautiously but quickly she pulled both hands in unison to reduce the pain as the spear freed from the tree. She held the spear to keep the end from dropping down and brought her jaws to the larger end. She crunched her teeth through the wood hard to break it cleanly.

She released his leg spitting wood and quickly shuffled back on her rump staying as low as possible. I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to hit anyone. Her streaked hair fell over her eye as she looked down in shame. She was ready for any punishment the albino wolf had to offer. She injured him and now there he was with a spear’s head sticking out of his leg because of her. If there is anything I can do I’ll do it, I’m so very sorry. She had the urge to cry from the guilt but held it back as best she could.

<style type="text/css">
.saxiftribe-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.saxiftribe {margin:0 auto; background-color:#242912; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/34xpa49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 510px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#787d64; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

An alternate dialog for Teo would've been, "Oh I'm fine. This happens all the time." :|

When the girl came bursting into vision, he gawked at her a moment, baffled and bewildered that she'd be standing there crying 'no no oh no' and asking, maybe not him, but in general, what she could do. He gave her a rather.... rude sort of look, a mixture of bewilderment and sarcasm. You can start with getting this spear out of my leg, please. His mind raved, though no words came out of his throat. He watched her with that same look as she approached, but the moment her hand touched his leg, that look quickly became a wince and then a frightened stare.

She did her thing, and the moment he could move again (...minus the leg movement, obviously) the boy jerked away and turned around to face her, ears pinning back. You can start with telling me why you were playing with a spear this late at night. That dumbstruck face from before? Yeah, this was the tone to match it. He angled himself around and glanced back at the night stone spearhead in his leg, still very much there and still very painful.

And then he shifted. A form he rarely, if ever, used. Secui. The front paws in this form, he knew, were better for grasping... and he hardly trusted this... girl to help him with this part. He didn't want her hands anywhere near there anyway. The shift itself was slow and apparently painful, though he barely made more of a growl to show for it. Once he finally did shift, though, he reached back at a strange, almost cat-like angle and yanked the spearhead out, instantly moving his hand to cover the wound firmly.

After a moment, he glanced back at her. It's not too bad. It looks worse than it is. Relax. Apparently she'd freaked out more than he had... then again, he was patient and very, very used to this sort of pain. Mind you, if it had been about an inch or so higher... then I would've been angry. He gave her a rather sarcastic stare, obviously not in the right mood to remember his submissive behaviour. Hell, who would be? And man was Teo's voice ever thick in his Secui form. Seriously.

<style type="text/css">
.Matteofreebe01 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#8b7e36; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Matteofreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; text-align:right;}
.Matteofreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #745e25; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Matteofreebe01-line1 {width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #504f30; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WCSadSorry got carried away)700+ Saxif has a thing for scars XD. Oh and just go with it Smile we are wolves after all :p

She sulked as low as she could with out laying on her back as the angered male turned to her. His question wouldn’t sound odd to others but it had to her. A hunter’s training should happen in all types of scenarios whether night or day. It was her uncle’s teaching, but admitted it wasn’t the wisest thing to do unless in a controlled area. She still felt she had to answer though. I was practicing and I underestimated my strength, I’m sorry. Though still not an explanation she hoped it would be enough. She was nervous to say too much and offend on top of the physical harm she had inflicted.

When he began to shift she pushed herself further back, her heart pounded with fear. Is he going to punish me in his stronger form? She watched as his body thickened the pain obvious in his face. It was then she noticed the scars, his body was adorned in them. She watched in fascination as each shifted and changed with the stretch of his skin. Her mind momentarily distracted by curiosity. The men of her family had often said that scars are an honor they prove a person’s strength. Much of the hunters of her tribe were greatly scarred, it seemed the more stories you had for each scar the greater you’re prowess. She realized this was the first time she had witnessed a change, it always seemed personal to her. Her eyes glistened with awe from the shift.

Saxif snapped out of her world when she seen the albino male pull the spear from his leg. She felt ill with guilt as the blood spilled from the wound before he pressed his paw against it. His reassurance in deeper rich tone was of no help, in fact it made her feel worse because he should be angrier but here he was telling her ‘it’s not too bad.’ His next comment though mildly amusing, one that would often brighten her spirits didn’t help.

The light blonde wolf did something then that must have shocked the other wolf. It was instinct that took over her as she brought herself closer in submissive form. She carefully was reaching for the Secui’s paw that awkwardly pressured the wound. Her worry for the male’s wound had given her the ancient instinct. She paused looking at the wolf for approval, he was reluctant but she peered with pleading golden eyes. She carefully pulled the paw away and brought her tongue to gash to clean it, she moved slowly and carefully. The taste of his blood seemed quite different from a prey; she wondered if it was the fact that they were predators or just that they were of similar species or the odd way her stomach fluttered as her tongue touched his flesh. The odd proximity had not seemed to bother her (due to her unusual youthful cluelessness of sexual relations), but her heart had pounded like it had never had. Sure enough the wound had missed any muscle tissue or arteriesbut just narrowly. She silently thanked the Great Spirit that she was using her smaller practice spear. Her relief was greater yet as she noticed that even the blood trickled slower. Saxif pressed her hand slowly to the wound judging the right pressure by his reaction.

I’m so sorry I did this to you. Let me help to tend to it, I’m sure we can find someone to close the wound or put healing ointments on it. She hadn’t the slightest clue of tending wounds but she had an idea that she hoped would help. I don’t have any cloth to tie the wound with but I do have this. She unbuckled her belt and lifted to show the dead squirrel, a thick spiral of sinew wrapped around the belt and of course the belt. She bit the tie releasing the squirrel and placed it to her side near the male’s front foot. She wrapped the belt around his leg while still keeping the wound firmly pressed. She put the belt through the buckle, a slightly difficult task with one hand and teeth. She pulled it but looked to the wolf to finish. She did not want to hurt him further and figured he would be a better judge of the tightness for his wound.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Teo's actually a Plains Coyote, Dutch Shepherd crossbreed. Not a wolf. ^-^'

Matteo watched her with slight interest even after she explained what she'd been doing. When she shifted towards him, she stiffened, eyes taking on a serious glint. What are you- She looked up at him, as if asking permission to do something (he assumed so, anyway. He wasn't actually all that good at body language.) and his mind stuttered to a dead stop. He let her move his paw, surprisingly docile as she moved to clean the wound. For the first time in weeks, his ears shot up, perking as he watched her cautiously. Giuseppe had been the only other person to ever, ever touch any of his wounds. He'd always treated himself, refusing to go see a doctor. Gemma had helped him out once, but not to the point of actually tasting blood.

Back home, such a thing was unheard of in common practices. Tasting the blood of another luperci was considered cannibalism there. Matteo could understand why, but at the same time, he couldn't quite grasp why such a horrible, terrible act... felt so soothing. His eyelids lowered a bit, his body relaxing, his dual-toned eyes never once leaving her as she worked. Those ears that had perked up before now slacked to each side respectively, adding that final touch to his far-off expression.

When she spoke again, it took a moment for his eyes to click back into focus, but he forced a smile. Really, it's okay. Accidents happen. He protested as she moved to wrap his leg with her belt. That was about to be pointless; he wanted to be in his optime form, not his secui form. The coydog sighed. Let me finish shifting before you do that, at least. But really, it's not that bad. It'll heal on its own.

He moved into a more comfortable position and shooed her hands away with one paw, taking a quick moment to shift into optime form. The lack of urgency in the wound finally showed proper then, with his fur thinner there now than before and his muscles less bunched. He felt the pain of the shift but really, he'd shifted from optime to lupus in worse condition in the past, so he only winced a little before settling back against a clean spot on the tree, checking his leg carefully but not really showing the pain anymore.

No need to wrap it. It's deep but not that deep. It'll heal without stitching and the blood's already slowing down... see? He pulled his hand away from the wound (he'd been checking the blood flow there) to let her look, then smiled. The name's Matteo, by the way. Are you from AniWaya? He'd guess so, since this was their packlands and all. He probably smelled different than that over the blood scent, a muskier smell, almost damp to the nose. The caves did that. He found that if he spent time in the springs, he ended up with a sulfury scent added in, making his scent very... almost myterious, like the caves he lived in.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC: 330+ Kind of a fail post, had a better one written but forgot it at home and couldn't remember a word of it.

Saxif had found herself relaxing slightly as the wolf shifted again, the silence must have helped. Again she was fascinated by the shift but now he took on a less intimidating form. She found herself smiling when he introduced himself and asked of her pack. She was curious about where he may have come from, he had a unique scent. Yes I am Aniwayan, my name is Saxif, Saxif Goldenfeather. She looked over at the squirrel she had set aside and stood presenting it to the blue and red eyed male. Please take this as the first of many apologetic gifts. It would put me at ease that I can at the very least do something for you while you heal. She rubbed the back of her neck feeling slightly awkward. She was unsure of what else she could do for him. Are you staying with my pack? Can I help you back? She still had traps to check but wondered if it was even worth the trouble to return to them.

She looked over the male as he lean against the tree, she wondered if this kind of thing was a common occurrence. She eyed the scars and felt curious but figured it would be rude to ask in this type of situation. He seemed to be taking the wound lightly, if she had received such a wound could she have shrugged it off so easily? She had yet to even obtain her first scar. Her life had always been so protected and sheltered because of her status. Not exactly the best upbringing for a future hunter. Never the less she would work at it and wear scars she can pride in. She kind of felt a bit joyful that (even though she would have rather the situation have been different) she was now a part of this male’s story. A small smile came to her lips again as her golden eyes met his. She felt an unusual shyness suddenly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Derpaderp.

She confirmed her spot in AniWaya and he smiled. Saxif. Interesting name. I like it. He smiled, taking a moment to carefully lick the blood off of his hand, as not to let his fur stain red. As he did, she offered him the squirrel. He eyed it a moment then smiled. If you insist. It wasn’t as if he’d be able to hunt with this leg now. How he’d manage his way home was beyond him completely. The walk home was long, harsh and tiresome. I’m from Anathema. He said as he took the squirrel from her carefully, setting it down beside him and adjusted to hide... ahem, certain areas with his tail and legs. Otherwise, his scars were obvious; various claw marks ran across his chest, hips, legs and stomach. His back, what little of it she could see, was laced with the same marks, though many lashing scars were shown too, possibly from... a whip? Bite marks were noticeable around his shoulders upper arms, his lower arms... hidden from view behind his tail and legs. Obviously he didn’t want her seeing whatever was there and for good reason.

I’m visiting AniWaya, but I was planning on returning tonight after I caught myself something to eat. I want to make it back by morning, but somehow I doubt I’ll be able to. He glanced at his leg with half-hearted disdain, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth. I didn’t bring any wares with me... so I can’t trade anything for a horse... More clicking. The boy was thinking hard as to how he’d get home now, though his eyes met golden hues when he looked up from his leg, and his thinking slowed down a bit, changing course. ...you’re a wolf. He stated stupidly, as if he’d just noticed. In all honesty, her coloration had thrown him off. He’d never seen a wolf with blonde fur before. Those eyes told him she wasn’t a dog though, and coyotes never came in such light hues. For a moment, his mind told him to shove off and go home, to not want the company of such a breed...

...but she hadn’t meant to hurt him. She was offering to help and she’d apologized quite a few times now. She didn’t seem mean, cruel or rude at all. Just a little bit clumsy. That racist instinct was pushed aside in favour of smiling at her. I’ve never seen a blonde wolf before. Aren’t wolves normally gray, brown, black or even white? He quirked a brow, tilting his head slightly. He knew he probably seemed to be quite the specimen to her as well, being albino and having his batty ears, his scent masking his breed for the most part. He didn’t have the thick fur or tough build of any wolf, with long legs and a thinned out coat, his rather large ears flicked back against his head and his muzzle much narrower and just a touch longer. Surely that was evidence enough?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC: 377, sorry this took so long.

Saxif looked down at her fur almost as though seeing it for the first time. She knew she was of a strange hue but it was a similar color her grandmother had been. Most of her clan had been pure white or had hints of various grey along their backs. She tilted her head to the side. I was whiter in the winter, but yes I guess I have gained a unique color since. Of course I’m sure I will probably lighten as I grow a little more. Even so she did have a golden hue that her grandmother often spoke of, it was weird as though she was born different in every way to her clan. Their eyes were mainly brown as hers glowed golden yellow and her fur though not that far off of her grandmothers did have its own unique shade. In her grandmother’s religion it was a sign of something special but to Saxif it was just another thing to add to her strangeness that set her apart from her people.

She realized she had gotten off track of the real issue at hand. This injured male was stuck. She rubbed her neck as she thought for a moment, trying to think of the best solution to get this guy home. We could borrow horses and I’ll lead the second home. She felt unease as her mouth spouted the words. She was still a beginner in horse riding, her training had been going well but the idea of riding alone still worried her. But maybe that would be a good way to gain more comfort on a horse to take a trip with one. Or I could escort you home, make the journey less um… She thought for a moment trying to find the right word because painless was not the right one. Tedious? And if you hunger I can hunt for you. She smiled as she often did at the prospect of hunting.

She paused just then… By the way… what are you? I am not the only one with odd coloration. We’ve established I am a wolf but I don’t believe I have met someone of your breed. Her curiosity in the male was growing evermore as tensions started to subside.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]