Username
I'm new and can't get into chat. i found it, but it's asking me for Usernames and stuff. didnt i already do this?
Take a look at this thread.
so i just.. reply on the maintenence post?
Slagar, you post the request on the form Becca linked to above. Make sure you read the rules for the chat, too. Smile
I believe you need to be accepted and then yes. But a person higher up than me might know better.
oh... ok. i just... nvm
If you are not registered with a chat name, you can still sign in with a guest account. Just type whatever username you would like, without a password, and log in. It should work.

But once you have joined the game, you can request a username. Only members of the game can have a username registered. Hope this helps. Smile
Thanks
ok, so, to Bobbi, i go to chat enter a username without password, then i can register for a username on the next page?
Nonononono. You just log in with your username. Once you're an active part of the RP, you can request your own username (with password) in the Maintenance forum. This is only for EXTREME lurkers (Idk if we have any right now) and active members (meaning people who have joined with a character as per our joining process).
No; you can join the chat room without having a registered username, and you can still chat with all of the users in it. In order to get a registered username, though, you need to join the actual game. Read info on joining the game here.

This is not an RPG based in a chat room, so that you are aware. Roleplaying can be done in chat, but it must be done in private channels, not public ones. 99% of our roleplaying happens on the forum.

If you are still confused, let me know and I will help you. Smile
ok, im confused, but ill trust you. i guess i didnt know how complex this place is
Basically, 'Souls is a play-by-post roleplaying game. It's a bit hard to explain if you've never done it before; sort of like a collaborative story, with each person involved writing about situations from their character's perspective. For the most basic game information, see this link. If you would still like to join, I'd be more than willing to help you out. :]

Look through some of the thread links in the In Character section of the board to get a better idea of what it's all about. :o
i've played rpg games like this before and i would love to join. thank you very much.
Check out the joining information here -- that should help you out. :3 If you haven't already checked out the Quick and Dirty Guide Bobbi pointed out to you, I would suggest taking a peek at that. ^^
Okay, i tink i have eveything, i just need to know where i post to join the pack IC. and do i post all three examples?
oops, wrong account.
Joining applications go here and yes, you must include all three roleplay samples.
last thing... i DON'T need to do the profile thing if im doing the Rp samples, right?
That's correct, though you're of course welcome to fill out your profile as well if you want to!