ages of myth
[html]

For Ayasha. Mongwau is present, but not visible or audible. Chitsa is in Optime. Set near the Town Hall.

The early-morning dew had sufficiently soaked into the rusty fur of Chitsa as she worked to peel the bark from a particularly bark-covered stick. Much to her frustration, her head was throbbing, leaving her unable to proactively work in the forest; since the death of Kotori in the months before, she found herself suffering more physical pain without reason. Mongwau had noticed also. Silently, he sat at her side, pecking at the ground as if he were a farmland creature. Chitsa laughed at the antic. "I don't think you're meant to do that." The guide paused, twisting his head in a way unnatural for any other animal as his wide eyes gazed at his spiritual charge. He gave no response. For the time she'd had the owl's companionship and guidance, Mongwau had never spoken words understandable by the red wolf Gata Hineyu — this fact often caused more confusion and frustration for the woman than comfort. As it was, she didn't want speech. Her head ached, after all.

She stretched out her legs before her, carefully removing the feathers and from her braided hair. One, two, three, soon she had a viable pile of fiery decorations in reds and yellows and browns. The braids were combed loose with her fingers, leaving gently waved locks of charcoal and chocolate in their wake. The beads that were left, in various shades of red and orange, butted together to create noise; sure, it wasn't beneficial for hunting, but she had no need to hunt. Nimble fingers started the task of re-braiding, taking the waved strands and forming twists of various width, many with her colored feathers included. Handling her mane was a tedious effort, but one that the youngest Amara daughter handled weekly. A song came forth as she fixed the decorations, the rough singing voice of the Fire Tender breaking the silence around her; folk songs had always been something enjoyed by Chitsa, though she wasn't, by any means, an adept songstress.

Chitsa Amara

Image courtesy of fras@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.aw-template .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.aw-template p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.aw-template .charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#151524; margin:0px 0px 50px 0px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:55px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
.aw-template b {color:#BFC1ED; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.aw-template {background-color:#393A5A; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... mplate.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.aw-template .inner {margin:0px 5px 135px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.aw-template p.wordcount {color:#BFC1ED; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
Ayasha had gotten up and went down the ladder of the treehouse and headed towards the Great Fire and Town Hall. She wanted to see what was going on over there and see Chief Dawali. She hadn’t really talked to him since the snowstorm. She had changed a lot since then. She especially had grown, had finally changed, and had chosen a profession path. So she stayed in her Optime form and had her hair in rather loose braids. As she approached the Town Hall, what she saw made her stomach drop slightly.

It was the woman that she was sure was Dawali’s sister but every question that Ayasha asked was ignored and their “conversation” ended with Ayasha walking off in tears. But the rust colored female was singing as she was relaxing and fixing her hair. Hopefully that meant she was more open to talking. So she approached cautiously and warily. Hi there. I’m Ayasha. Do you remember me? I never got your name. She gave a slight smile. I like your singing. What was the song about? As she waited for an answer, Ayasha’s eyes lit upon a stick. Do you carve? I do. I mostly do animals.
[html]

The welcome monotony of her task was broken by the appearance of a familiar creature; the white-furred, blue-eyed child who had left in tears shortly after Chitsa's arrival. Her singing stopped entirely as the girl's voice entered the air. More questions from the wary girl, without much break between them. Chitsa allowed a frown to touch down on her features, and the invisible owl at her side twisted his head unnaturally to stare upon the young girl. What was it that her parents had taught her, to be so rudely inquisitive with strange adults? A faint sigh graced the air.

"My name is Ayashe, but my family calls me Chitsa instead, and yes. I remember you." Perhaps her tone wasn't as enthusiastic as it might have been otherwise, but she simply expected too much at once. It had always been her belief that children were not to ask too much of their elders, with the family home being the exception. This Ayasha had clearly not been taught such a thing; her questions were many and they came quite fast and, in truth, they frustrated the Amara greatly.

She didn't answer the remaining questions, finding it unnecessary as her fingers continued to work her hair into twisted braids.

Chitsa Amara

<style>
.aw-template .charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#151524; margin:0px 0px 50px 0px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:55px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
.aw-template {background-color:#393A5A; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... mplate.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.aw-template .inner {margin:0px 5px 135px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.aw-template p.wordcount {color:#BFC1ED; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
Ayasha frowned slightly and her blue eyes narrowed as Chitsa totally ignored her questions. But she would be polite. It’s nice to meet you. She cocked her head to the side as she considered the adult in front of her. She had yet to meet an adult that seemed offended by her questions and decided that this one disliked children.

She needed to know. Why is it that you don’t answer my questions? Do not like me or pups in general? She crossed her arms over her chest as she waited for an answer. And it had better be a good one. She didn’t realize that there were people who considered it to be a pups place to not be heard or ask questions. She had been encouraged by everyone to ask questions. So why was this adult different.

Ayasha was not going to run away cry like she did last time. The older wolf was not working and she didn’t mean any harm from asking her questions. So why couldn’t she just answer the questions now? No one else minds my questions. Not even your brothers. She hoped that that would help soften Chitsa’s resolve. She didn’t know what to do if her questions continued to be unanswered. She may just throw a temper tantrum.
[html]

Word Count → 328

She rubbed at her brow as she was, once again, asked questions that were both unimportant and rather rude. Chitsa took them in, allowing her blue eyes to close as she waited for the girl to simply shut up. It was almost as if the white child didn't have comprehension of her younger years, of how it was to respect an elder or how it was to interact with a stranger. Whoever had raised her had clearly done a poor job as a parent.

Once the girl had finished speaking, Chitsa allowed a silence to fall over them. It was clear she wanted answers, and the autumn-hued woman found it unnecessary to hold the truth from someone so eager to hear it. Her eyes opened once more. "The fact that others don't mind your questions has no bearing on me; we are not all the same. Some are more tolerant of strange children." Slowly, she rose to her feet, combing her fingers through her hair in her habitual way. "I don't answer your questions because they're rude. You do not know me, and I do not know you; we are only acquaintances, not friends. You are a child. Not only should you keep your incessant questions away from adults, they should never be voiced to strangers — if your parents were real parents, you would have been taught these things." Invisible Mongwau let loose a squawk, fluttering from the ground to join his friend and rest upon her head as she checked the pile of wood used for the pack. "When raised right, pups are very pleasant; My niece offers me much joy, for instance. Sanuye raised her well, and Dawali has taught her well."

With the questions answered, she fell silent once again, pawing through the timber as she mentally calculated the need for more — it was stocked up well enough, but she would have to gather more in the morning, whether her head still hurt or not.

Chitsa Amara

<style>
</style>[/html]
Ayasha could tell that she was starting to annoy the older woman. And she wasn’t very happy about that. Yet she also felt a little ashamed. So her ears fell close to the side of her head and her gaze fell to the ground. Sorry. Her voice was soft and contrite. She wasn’t quite used to this treatment and wasn’t sure what to do. Yet she didn’t really want run away in tears like she did last time. I’d like to be your friend. Her voice was still soft but her gaze was hopeful and her ears perked up slightly.

Though her eyes did fill up at the mention of her parents. My birth parents died when I was little. Well, my mother did. I never met my father. I then spent some time with your brother, Dawali. It was only recently that I was adopted and now my father is gone. So if Chitsa was expecting Ayasha to have learned to be quiet, she was wrong. And both my mother, Ralla, and Dawali encouraged my questions. She took a couple of calming breaths.

She saw the woman looking at the woodpile. I’d be willing to help you gather wood, if you like? She was trying to be nice to Chitsa despite everything that had been said. I’ve done it before when my mother was pregnant.
[html]

Though the girl apologized, she simply continued with the asinine chatter. Chitsa remained silent, still listening — albeit without interest — as the child started to tell her life story. It wasn't until facts came to light regarding the white wolf's mother that the woman glanced back. Disgust crept into her features, not because of what she was told, but because the Etikaele Gata suffered from tradition taboo — she was a mateless mother. Oh, it may not have been the fault of Ralla that whatever man she'd been with (Chitsa had not heard of one as of yet) had simply disappeared, but that fact did not matter to the Fire Tender. It was shameful to hold such a life, and left Chitsa in an uncomfortable position; as the Master Fire Tender, she was forced to show respect to the Etikaele Gata, but these facts made her ill to think of such a thing.

Her jaw set firmly and she returned to her work. "Didn't I just tell you that what other people do has no bearing on me? Idiocy is not a charming trait, little girl. If you can't realize that not all people are the same at your age, then you should spend more time learning from your...mother." She didn't understand why it was so hard to realize that nothing was simply going to make the Fire Tender appreciate annoying questions. Dawali was far more lenient than she, a father himself, but she had no time for ramblings of young people. And she certainly did not want help if that was all it would consist of. "No, I don't need help. Until you can learn not to ask questions, I want no company from you." She turned away towards the forest, running fingers through her hair in agitation. After a moment, she paused. "You could learn from my niece, Sakari; she's a smart, respectful girl." And with that, she found herself wandering toward the woods.

Chitsa Amara

<style>
</style>[/html]
OOC: Want to wrap it up with your post?

IC: Ayasha could tell that Chitsa didn’t want to chat. But what else would they do. It was very difficult for the white youngster to keep quiet. But she saw the look of disgust that Chitsa gave her about Ralla. My father just left us. My mother doesn’t know why he left or where he went or if he’ll ever be back. She glared at the older wolf. She was starting to get mad and the unfriendliness of Dawali’s sister was starting to get to her. But she held her tongue.

But then she not only insulted Ayasha but her mother. I’m not an idiot. I’m trying to be friendly and you seem to want to be grumpy. And don’t insult my mother. She’s a council member and master Fire Tender. So she has more respect than you do. She was really angry but tried to calm down. At Chitsa not wanting her company until Ayasha learned to stop asking questions, she replied, Well, then you won’t have my company, since I don’t plan on stop asking questions. She paused. You weren’t full of questions growing up? About Sakari, she tried to think of something to say. All I really know about your niece is that I thought she was crazy because she could see other people’s Spirit Guides when only their charges could. But she seemed nice. She admitted. But she still thought about leaving. She decided to try and leave with a positive impression. Goddbye Chitsa. Maybe we can be friends at some point. With that, Ayasha transformed into her lupus form and ran into the opposite direction.