warped mirror image
She had found her babies, atleast two of them had made it, she didn't know about her last. If anything she was fairly certain that Phoenix had went looking into the wastelands for their fourth child. She shook her head at the thought because she knew exactly what the fire stricken lands looked like. Nothing had made it out there, atleast nothing had lived if they'd stayed in the lands. She didn't want to think of it so with a determined mind she thrust the thought to the back of her mind and moved on.

She was going to visit he daughter today and see this new pack they'd developed. Kansas had been sleeping when she'd left him, but for all she knew he could be following her, he was so quiet and almost the complete opposite of his sister Firefly now. She smiled at the thought, twins but so different. Shaking her head she made her way to the edge of the packlands, the markers so new the wolves still held traces of their old packs and their own scents. She recognized a few of the scents, but didn't say anything. What could she say, it wasn't like they'd have been able to find their old packs right off the bat, and perhaps a new life was the best thing for all of them.

The sunlight glittered off her coat of silver and gold and she turned her face to gaze at the sky, her own eyes a reflection of the sun's rays shooting through the blue sky. Things would be different here.. and maybe Kansas and her would come to be with Nani, Kansas so doted on her and she knew Naniko doted on him just the same.
((I will have your set up Monday. I feel horrid I haven't done it sooner!))

Silver was beginning to show in her pristine snow pelt. Bi-colored eyes watched the four boys romp. Her grandsons were a month old, her sons were about two weeks older. She was five. She felt ancient. Especially when compared to her mate, who was just past two. But what was age, really? Just a number.

A scent came to her nose and she stiffened. She wasn't used to this new land, but she was afraid someone would try to take it from them. Like Inferni had taken Syemv. And she had the pups to look out for. She herded the boys behind her, all of whom complained. She hushed them, her eyes scanning the area. She'd taken the chance of shifting into her two legged form. the boys had been uncertain at first. But they behaved now.

Who's there? her voice rang out, strong and certain.
She felt her ears press against her skull as she heard the voice ring clear through the air. She knew that voice, but she wasn't so certain if the owner of it would want to see her. Once the female had had feeling for her mate, then out of nowhere he'd announced to her their mateship, unknowing to her feeling for him. Iskata had seen the look in her eyes, she was female, of course she'd understand when her mate wouldn't. It was just something males didn't seem to get at all. She shook her head and sighed, but then remembered that this was also the mother of one of the many young ones adopted into their family, Pilot's mate at one time as well. She wasn't so sure about the last part thought.

Quietly she spoke up, trying not to sound like she had any right to be there, the only right was by invitation from Naniko. Deuce?.. It's me...Iskata. She wasn't even sure Deuce would remember her, she wasn't even sure she wanted to be remembered, but she had to atleast let her know she was here and who she was. After she'd spoken up she caught the scent of the youngsters. Pinning her ears back she understood now why she was being treated so, besides the fact that Deuce may not even remember her.. or want to be reminded of who she was.
A soft voice came in responce, and she felt the tension drain out of her body. Iskata. So she had returned. That was good. Perhaps Phoenix had survived the fire too. maybe Dierdre had joined with them. A false hope, the mother knew, but still one to cling to. She moved forward, the pups surging past her. The boys were fearless, already investigating the silver and gold femme.

Iskata. I'm glad to see you survived the fire. She didn't ask, but the question was clear in her bi-colored gaze. Did Phoenix survive too? And the rest of your family? She smiled then, gesturing to her pups. Being that Phoenix was Dierdre's adopted Father, that makes you her other mother. Meet your grandchildren, Apollo and Sirus. The other two are my two sons, Taliesin and Noah.
[html]

She was so overwhelmed by the small children that she could do nothing but laugh at them exploring and sniffling at her. She lifted first one paw then the other as they frolicked and played. Raising her eyes from the small ones she realized something and opened her maw to speak, but then closed it. Swallowing quickly she asked softly. "But.. where's their mother?" She wasn't sure how many had been lost in the fire and she really didn't want to find out. Too many she loved and cared about were still unaccounted for and she didn't want to think of that..

She looked back to the children and smiled sadly. "They're all so lovely Deuce..." she said, her voice trailing off for a moment before she swallowed and continued. "I've only found Kansas and Ember..." She wished that she had more good news to speak of, but hardly anyone did nowadays. She shook her head as she paused to watch the babes once more..

She wouldn't admit that he was really gone yet, but she had to tell her the truth. "Phoenix made it.. but he disappeared before I could find him." she turned away as she spoke the words, trying to hide the pain in her eyes, but knowing that was impossible. Shaking her head she sighed and tried to blink away the tears before turning back to the family before her. No one was left untouched from the tragic fire.
[/html]
Something sad and lost entered the plae mother's eyes. We're not sure where Dierdre is. Naniko couldn't find her after she'd given birth to Sirus and Apollo. She took a breath in and let it out. I know she's out there somewhere, Iskata. Just Like Phoenix is.

She knew the woman was in pain over the possibility of losing Phoenix. She herself felt saddened by the possibility of losing the male from her life. they'd had thier bad days, but they were good friends at least. She couldn't fathom the pain of knowing your mate was possibly dead.

They will come home.... She wished she could be certain aboutthat. But nothing in life was certain.
[html]

She smiled at Deuce's belief that her daughter was coming back. Iskata didn't say anything but she wasn't so sure. She'd seen all that was left of the fire striken lands, and it wasn't much at all. She kept quiet though and watched the young ones play as the pale wolfen spoke. Iskata gazed back at her as she tried to keep her composure when she replied. "I'm not sure if Phoenix is..." she stated softly after Duece spoke of the surity that they would all return. Iskata didn't want to bring the news to the world that she'd been harboring inside after Kansas had told her, but their old packmates deserved to know.

She looked back to the children and shook her head sadly. "Icarus didn't make it out of the fire.... and Kansas said that Phoenix and Moon had been attacked and taken away. Kansas said Phoenix was hurt badly....." She hadn't wanted to believe it, but after everything Skoll had said to her it all added up in the end. She turned her face away from the pale hued female that had shared feelings for Phoenix as she tried to be strong. Somehow she'd always thought that if she stayed strong, others could too, even when she was dying inside.
[/html]
"Icarus didn't make it out of the fire.... and Kansas said that Phoenix and Moon had been attacked and taken away. Kansas said Phoenix was hurt badly....." Iskata had lost a child, possibly more than one. Deuce looked at her, understanding the grief of losing a child. Your children were not supposed to die before you. The silver femme turned away. Deuce looked at her, then touched her shoulder lightly.

I'm sorry, iskata. I know how it feels to lose a child. Deuce's heart had tightened at the thought of losing the male whom he'd once held romantic feelings for. She'd adored him, loved him even. And he was wounded, missing. But so many were missing. She couldn't just walk away from life here to try and find everyone else. It didn't work like that.
[html]

When the words met her ears she bowed her head and sat silently for a moment as she tried to gain her composure again. A shudder spent itself down her spine as she turned back towards the female when she felt the gentle touch upon her shoulder. "Thank you Deuce.." she said softly as she raised her eyes to gaze at the soft white wolf before her. She knew that everyone had lost something in the fire, and she knew that Deuce herself had lost a child too. She tried to smile, but it barely lasted a moment before it disappeared.

She looked down suddenly as one of the boys nuzzled against her leg. She smiled down at him, better than the first as the puppy returned the smile. She missed her babies when they had been that age and she wished that she hadn't missed so much of their lives, but atleast she still had them. The two boys she'd lost one from each litter she'd keep close to her heart, but she couldn't dwell on the loss forever, though she knew she'd never get over the pain. "What.. are their names again? I think I'd better learn them.. since so much of my family seems to live here.." She looked up at Duece with a wash of gratefulness on her face. She knew that she really didn't deserve her kindness, but she needed it somehow. Deuce hadn't even known of their relationship when it had been thrown upon her that Iskata was Phoenix's mate. She was surprised the female could even speak to her, but she was thankful that she was willing to.
[/html]
Bi-colored eyes met silver eyes, and Deuce gave her a compassionate smile. Oh yes, the women knew how it was. Deuce didn't miss the exchange of smiles. "What.. are their names again? I think I'd better learn them.. since so much of my family seems to live here.." Deuce laughed softly.

She swooped down adn scooped up Apollo and Sirus. She handed Apollo to Iskata. This one, the one who smiled at you, is Apollo Haddon. Named, in part, after his father, Pilot haddon. This one, she gestured to the one she held, Is Sirus Revlis. Named in part after Dierdre's other adopted father, Physe Revlis.

At one time the moher had held feelings for Physe too. Maybe it had been the rusty fur and green eyes. Thanos had held the same fur tone and eye color. It was a distinct possibility.
She smiled and laughed softly as Deuce handed Apollo to her and the small boy squealed happily at being cuddled and held. She smiled down at him as his tiny tail beat against her chest. She raised her eyes to gaze at Deuce over his head as his tiny tongue seemed to try and steal kisses from her while she was distracted by adult discussions. "Apollo and Sirus.." she whispered, trying to remember their names, knowing she probably wouldn't forget them now. She looked down at Apollo and murmured to herself. "I lost two babes.. but was given to grandchildren in place.." she said the words quietly, but she didn't care if Deuce heard anyways, she had nothing to hide.

She turned her attention back to Deuce as she bounced the small one up and down, listening to his tiny giggle at so much attention. "And yours?.. you are family too now." She smiled at Deuce, they'd been packmates before, and there was little different in pack than kin. Still the same loyalties and trust, bickering and fussing. She smiled at the collection of pups around them as the other two realized they were being talked about.
"I lost two babes.. but was given to grandchildren in place.." Deuce's eyes softened. She understood so well. "The grey one is Noah. Looks just like his namesake. The white boy is Taliesin, named after my adopted father.

Family. They were, weren't they? In a way, at least. Though the wy Deuce figured it, most of the wolves in the former souls lands were related. In one way or another, adopted or not. Deuce herself had come to souls without family, and discovered she had a hoarde of half brothers and sisters. Not that Edgar was around. he hadn't been in years. It was okay.
She smiled at the hoard of boys that gathered around them, her ears perking at the first name Deuce had spoken of. She remembered a Noah once upon a time, but she didn't realize he had family. "I knew a Noah once.. are they related?" She assumed he was a grandfather or something, but she didn't know. She had never heard Noah say he had kids, but she knew him well enough. He'd lived in Phasma's pack so long ago before the wars.

She smiled at all the children around them. It was amazing how much their family seemed to grow with every turn of every day. She loved the idea of so many relative and so much to do.. She just wished that they were so much closer together than they really were. She shook her head sadly as she gazed at the small child in her arms. She didn't understand how everything like this just happened.. Their family would come together then just fade away again.