Maxia Negra
[html]

The rabbit gave another scream before she finally released it, allowing it to hobble away from her a few paces. It wouldn't get far on only two legs, she knew, so she wasn't worried about letting it go for a short while so that she could get a few other things in order. She picked up the vial that she'd been storing its blood in as she had been working with it, looking at the amount. She'd gotten quite a bit out of this rabbit, and yet it was still alive and kicking.

Perhaps it was something that varied from species to species or even within individuals of the same species. Some were a bit bigger and would give her more of their blood...but other smaller rabbits would stay alive for longer even with the same amount of blood loss. Or more. What a peculiar thing to study. The Angela had been interested in death and in the various ways that creatures died for a while now, ever since she had left the cult pack. It was a new obsession of hers.

She was studying rabbits and squirrels now, but would move onto larger animals if they were available. Currently she was focused on blood loss; how much blood a creature had to lose before its body would give up and let it die. This one had stayed alive far longer than it should have. She stared at it, jade eyes hard and curious. Why was it that this creature was able to hang on while others had passed away by this point?

The female sat back, sighing. It was getting late and storm clouds that had dotted the sky above earlier in the afternoon now pooled together, forming a large blanket of gray overhead. A few drops of rain began to fall on the unclothed luperci and she frowned, giving a small growl of discomfort. It was a long ways back to the caves, and this stupid rabbit still hadn't died yet. She'd have to head back anyway. The female stood up, gripping the rabbit in one clawed hand and breaking its neck with one loud pop.

<style>
.AnaFK-07 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.AnaFK-07 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.AnaFK-07 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-07 {background-color:#abb092; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... s/rawr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:294px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-07-border {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

I really need to rid myself of the habit of not posting for a few days. Sorry for the delay!

In Character

It was a tedious, time consuming task that took the utmost concentration. Though, said concentration seemed to be something he lacked at the moment. Sore fingers gently, but firmly held the piece of wood as he ran the knife smoothly over it. Carving and shaping it into a delicate figure of a butterfly. Of course, what else would he make? Originally he had started out in the above ground stable, sitting in front of Bran's stall and working his little heart away. However distraction got the better of him and he kept finding himself staring at the other horses and wondering who they belonged to. So he parted from the stables and went deeper into the territory until he was all but lost. With that knowing in mind he had settled under the tree he sat under that very moment.

Sans a few fresh cuts he felt pretty content with how his little project was coming along. Sure, it may not have been as detailed as another's, but one could tell what it was. Well, he hoped. After all he was still learning and had a long way to go. The process came to a halt as he leaned his head back to look up at the sky. The clouds read of rain with their angry grey coloring and by the way they huddled in a mass. That wasn't good, well rain was, but staying out in it wasn't. Slowly and steadily the giant stood tucking wood and knife in one of the numerous pant pockets he had come to rely too much on. They were so convenient, how could he not use them?

He continued to gaze at the sky until a single raindrop bombed from the clouds and plopped on his nose. The mutt recoiled with a sneeze and flattened ears then lowered his head. More drops trickled down after that and, after deciding to go, he glanced around. Uhh... He continued to look with a confused look plastered on his face. Which way was which again? Placing a hand on his hip and rubbing his head with the other, he mulled over what to do. He didn't want to deal with this, he just didn't even if he did bring this upon himself. He still didn't want to so he moved going whichever he felt like.

That was what he had planned until he heard a loud pop. Ears to full attention he stopped, that was odd. The sound was not normal, unnatural, and spine tingling, there was somebody else here wasn't there? His fur stood up on end as the thought of the sound being a highly dangerous loner. He inhaled, but everything smelled like Anathema. Perhaps it was another member? His fur flattened a bit, but only a little as he already more on edge at meeting a new face. With a few sharp inhales and exhales he started up again, this time in the pop's direction.

The tall, white figure of another came into play and Kase quickly knew who it was, although her name escaped him for a bit. She stood with rabbit in hand and let the rain settle on her, what on earth was she doing? The rabbit didn't bother him as much her just standing in the rain did. Did she want to catch her death?! Oh, this was not a healthy activity to do. Specially for a leader such as herself, she needed to be in tip-top shape and ready at a moment's notice. His worry now wavered greatly over his fear.

“Nan-Naniko-o?” he stumbled, her name coming back to him.

<style>
.Kase2 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Kase2 b {color:#d5a368;}
.Kase2-b {width:347px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Kase2-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#d5a368; text-shadow:#d5a368 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kase2-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Kase2 {background-color:#000000; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#885b26; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:345px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/7739/kh1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; } </style>
[/html]
[html]

She hadn’t realized that she had been working so close to another luperci. Naniko was normally quite quiet when she worked, though, so it made sense that they might not have heard each other until now. She was pulling the unwanted head from the rabbit, most of its blood drained out already and in vials that she had placed into the small pouch on her weapons-belt. She tossed the head aside and prepared to begin her meal as she heard another sound, light crunching sounds and then a voice.

Naniko remembered the male that came into view from the time that he had joined. She allowed a small smile to appear on her muzzle, remembering that day. He had seemed quite shy then…had he opened up since? ”Kase. I do remember you. I’m glad to see that you’re still around…many members come and go. This rain is terrible…we should find somewhere else to talk.” She suggested, using the hand that she held the headless rabbit in to point to a large pine tree nearby.

<style>
.AnaFK-07 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-07 {background-color:#abb092; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... s/rawr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:294px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-07-border {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

He just stood there with his hands clasped in front of him, the living picture of patient. Despite the rain he'd wait the longest time for the other's response, however, worry marred the painting. Which was indicated by the way his head barely cocked to one side. The look upon his features was as simple as a child's who was wondering what someone was up to. As the rain continued it's gentle drizzle he was finally taken note of and a small smile graced the ivory scribbled woman's lips. His own smiled mirrored her's, though a bit more subtle, glad that he was remembered. Her words after surprised him.

“Of course I'd-I'd stay, why would I no-not?” he said

Anathema was a warm, welcoming place and he quite liked it even if he wasn't all too sure about their ways yet. Holding back an eager nod to her last statement, he gave the shyest of nods. Now she wouldn't be catching a cold. Thank goodness. He then moved slightly starting towards the pine, but stopped. Looking at her he seemed wait, letting her take lead or to at least make sure she was going as well. He was still very worried even with them taking covering, he'd have felt better if she suggested doing back to the caverns. Oh, when had he become such a worrisome man?

“Hon-Honestly I do not mean to pry, b-but may I inquire about what you're do-d-doing?”

As innocent as the question was he felt ridiculously bad about asking. Kase was not one to nose around someone's business, but when he did, and even if it was out of concern, he tended to feel about about it. He hoped he had not come off as such a nosy person and offended her, he just wondered what activity caused one to linger in the cold rain.

<style>
.Kase2 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Kase2 b {color:#d5a368;}
.Kase2-b {width:347px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Kase2-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#d5a368; text-shadow:#d5a368 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kase2-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Kase2 {background-color:#000000; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#885b26; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:345px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/7739/kh1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; } </style>
[/html]
[html]

"I dunno. A bunch of wolves took off for Salsola; I didn't know how many. I'm glad to see you stayed...just take it at that." She growled, though her muzzle still showed hints of a smile. Kase reminded her of herself in a few ways, surprisingly enough. Herself years ago as a healer in Clouded Tears, the pack that she had grown up in. She'd been interested in herbs and remedies...in healing the sick and helping anyone that she could. Naniko had changed a lot over the years.

She had gotten blood all over her hands from her experiments with the rabbits, more than what would have come from a regular hunt. She cleared her throat, holding the hare out. "I was just testing them. Trying to see how much blood they could lose before they'd pass out or die. Interesting stuff. You hungry?" She wiggled it. "Because I'm not that hungry...you can have it, if you want"

Naniko glanced up toward the sky. "It might get worse out...what do you think we should do? I don't wanna stand out here in it." She took a few steps toward their cave home, motioning for Kase to follow. "I think I know a back entrance...it's underground, though. Maybe we can find it." Jade eyes scanned the ground as she walked, searching for the bush that she recalled being near the exit.

<style>