It's all that we need
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... ized-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

They had decided to go to the city on a whim, hoping that they might find some herbs there that they could use, or maybe replant. Naniko hadn't even known that the city was here, and wondered if the place would look anything like Citta Umana. She'd grown very attached to that place...it would be hard to move onto a different city. But she supposed that it was all for the best. That city would be burnt, too, probably. No use trying to go back.

She wondered if there would be some kind of an herb shop that they would find, or if they'd find a park that might have something there. She padded along comfortably beside the older female, jade eyes searching around the place. They were just entering the city, but she could already see differences between it and the place that they had left behind. It was much cleaner.

"Maybe we'll find a herb shop-I did read about those" She said.

[/html]
james edit: fixed your bold

She wasn't used to leaving the pups behind. And this city was so strange, so new...she doubted she'd find a den here that was as perfect as the one back home. It had been where she'd met Thanos, so long ago. Four years ago or so. So very long ago. She felt uncertain, but was here with her leader, naniko. that countd for something.

There used to be one back in the old city. It wasn't too far from my den there. They had all sorts of wonderful things there. She shrugged gracefully. She'd taken back to her two-legged form. She hadn't been in it for a while, and it felt somewhat unfamiliar, but she was getting used to it again. She cupped her hands to the glass of one building, peering in. The building had been untouched by the humans in the final days of humanity. It was a fabric shop, this one was. Interesting.

They moved along, until Deuce caught a familiar scent. She paused, sniffing. She glanced into the shop nearby. The front window was covred by a tie-dye covering of somesort. She frowned, raking her eyes across the fancy lettering. There- 'herbs'. This might have what we're looking for. She tried the knob; the door opened easilly. She stepped in, taking a deep breath. The sweet, tangy scent of long dried herbs filled the air inside the musty shop. Glass bottles lined the walls. Pagan artifacts filled shelves inside the multi-roomed store. The area the door opened into was the book and curio room. To the left was the cash register. to the right laid the room with the herbs. Deuce paused a moment to run her fingers over the many book spines lovingly. There were so many books that she'd lost in the fire. So many books lost to the coyotes in Inferni. So much lost. She felt a momentary pang, then smiled. Looks like we found a good stash here, she quipped.

She moved into the herb room, pausing to pick up a fancy canvas bag that the human kids used as backpacks. She fiddled with the strap until it hung perfectly, like her old one. She raked her claws through her mane, looking at all the dried herbs and seed packets. No doubt the herbs had been fresh when the humans closed the shop. now most were mouldy and no good. But the seeds would stay good indefinately. Deuce wandered up and down the couple of shelves, just admiring the way humans catagorized things. By alphabet, instead of by use. How strange. She gave Naniko an excited smile. Let's get to work, shall we?
[html]

So beautifully wrong

She had faith in Lucifer, that he would take good care of the pups while they were gone. It was only right that Deuce would get a little vacation, wasn't it? She was with them most of the time, after all. Naniko liked to take Sirus and Apollo out sometimes, to show them all the wonders their packlands, but she didn't take Deuce's sons without permission. So far, she'd only babysat the younger pups.

They walked for a ways before the older female paused. Naniko, caught up in her own thoughts, took a moment to stop, realizing where they were only when Deuce spoke again. They went into the building and Naniko had to gasp with surprise. There was so much inside! She carried a backpack with her, for bringing things back, and they could always carry things with their arms if they needed to. "We need a wagon or something" She said, gazing around the shop.

"We should get a bit of everything, then. And these books will definitely be useful. Some of them are in foreign languages...I can only read English and French"

[/html]
(Thank ya dearie.)

Deuce felt excited about everythng they'd found. her tail wagged lightly, not too broad for fear of knocking something precious over. She stopped in front of the 'g' section, running her eyes down the rows of seeds and such. there- Here, naniko. this is goldenroot. She handed a packet of seeds to the female. It may not grow too well, but we'll do what we can.

She walked the rows, picking up seed packets and putting them in her rucksack. She paused occasionally to explain an herb she used that was a little unusual. Occasinally she came across an herb that had dried well and slipped it into a velvet pouch from the curio section of the store. When she judged she'd filled up enough, she set the pack down, picking up another bag and toying with the straps. She then moved to the books, running her ingers over the spines lovingly. She replaced some books she knew she wanted. She found a book on crystal healing; the shop had one wall full of crystals and polished rocks. Konane had told her about using herbs and 'natural' supplements to heal. She figured she could read bout it at least.

She lightly touched a rock carved and polished into an obsidian heart. It was beautiful. She put that into her pack as well. Something about it reminded her of Soran.
[html]

I'm so sorry for taking so long D: Finals and graduation are taking nearly all of my time D: And work. :o
So beautifully wrong

She had never really had feelings for anyone but Conri before. It was strange, the way they worked together, the way they fit together. She hadn't believed that he was dead at first when he had left her a year or so before...but after a while she had given up hope and moved on with her life. Now that he was back, and they were together, though, things were picking up from where they had been before.

Naniko felt like everyone in their pack belonged there. They were an odd bunch, but a bunch that really cared about one another. With the pups coming and growing up so quickly, they'd get to be an even bigger group. More security.

She was a lot younger than Deuce, and relied a lot on the older female's wisdom. Naniko came to look at the seeds that Deuce showed her, nodding. "Definitely get some of that. I can't see us leaving this place for anyone else to find...we should take as much as we can, and store it in the shed. We might have to build a little bit onto the shed to make it more water proof, though...I think there were some cracks in the roof" She hadn't really taken a whole lot of time inspecting the shed back then-the house had been so much more interesting to her.

The white female looked around some more, taking various things off the shelves and putting them into the backpack. When it was bulging she looked back to Deuce. "I can't believe we found this place. It's so amazing!" She put her backpack back up onto her shoulders, testing the weight. She could definitely carry it back without a problem. A few moments of silence passed before she spoke again, this time a little more seriously. "I was meaning to ask you...I mean, I wanted some advice. If you don't mind. I just..."

[/html]