J. When Irish Eyes Are Smiling
Preferred Rank: Stage
Currently Played Characters: Ayasha
Initial Post: Rory Ward was riding on his white mare Treasa with his 2 week old niece in a sling on his chest. He shook his head. Ah, me wee lass, I often think that yer mother would be a better mum then I. ‘Twas as shame that she died really. He placed a kiss on Saorise’s head. So far she was looking like a mix of her mother, Nora, and her father. It looked like she was going to be mostly mahogany with some white. Treasa nodded her head in agreement with Rory’s assessment of his parenting skills. Now, be nice. He admonished his mare. As an Irish Draft horse, she was strong yet gentle. But she did seem to tease Rory.

He headed to the border of Cercatori D’Arte. He had asked around a Freetown for a place for a dog with his skills to stay and they had told him Cercatori D’Arte. He hoped that they would accept him and his niece. He had killed the dog that had raped his sister but he had never hurt anyone else, except in self-defense. He kept a nose on the borders and stopped when they were about 25 feet from the border. He gave a loud bark for a leader to come and settled in to wait. What do ya think, lass? Will they let yer ole uncle in here? Saorise was of course fast asleep and couldn’t answer her uncle.
[html]

welcome to cercatori d'arte! Big Grin

The female saw more hope for her pack - it had been very small, but she had accepted a new joiner just a few hours before, and was happy despite her sadness about her son. The happiness hadn't lasted long, however, and her thoughts were forced back to her son - her son, her son.. her lost son. Bangle was still gone with what he said was finding him - she hoped that he could, and if he couldn't...

She refused to let herself to think about the possibility after she heard a loud, sharp bark on the borders. Another joiner? Cercatori d'Arte was getting quite a bit of publicity today, she thought as she neared the borders.

She found that it was a dog there; he was white with bits of red flecked around his body, and his tail and back was red as well. He had a small child on a sling on his back, sleeping peacefully, and he also had a white mare. Skye smiled at them warmly; a family. There wasn't a family in Cercatori d'Arte unless you counted the leader herself and her mate and her two.. remaining.. pups. She closed her eyes briefly, the image of Nathaniel flooding her mind; the pup was barely seven weeks old.

She refused to think about that as long as there was a joiner here in front of her - she had to stay strong for her pack. She looked at him warmly; "Welcome, stranger. You're on the borders of Cercatori d'Arte - may I help you?"

<style type="text/css">
.skyefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fefbee; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #333e46; }
.skyefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cde4f3; text-align:center;}
.skyefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skyefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#cde4f3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fefbee; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skyefreebe01-border1 {width:506px; border:1px solid #485259; margin:0 auto;}
.skyefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b5cee0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+

[/html]
His attention was taken from his nice by the approach of who he hoped was a leader. The female asked him if she could help. I was hopin’ ta join Cercatori d’Arte, along with me neice. I’m Rory Ward an’ this ‘ere is me niece Saorise. I was told that ye are a group of artist here. He smiled at the white female and hoped that she would allow him to join.

I’m a singer, ya see. A good Irish tenor I am. An’ I can tell stories and play a mandolin and other like instruments. I can also tattoo, dye fur, and do piercings, though not as well as I can sing and such. He knew that they might need to know about why he left Ireland.

Though ye might want ta know why I left me home, Ireland. Me sister ‘twas raped by a powerful dog and I went after ‘im. An’ it was the ‘ardest thing I ever did. I took me sister and sailed ta Freetown where she ‘ad this little one but sadly died. He hoped that he would still be accepted. It was a mistake ta kill the rapist but I don’ plan on doing it again. Once he had said his piece, he waited for the lady’s answer.
[html]

Skye knew that she was right - this man was trying to join Cercatori d'Arte, like she had thought; that would make the second joiner for today. Mixed feelings bubbled up within her - a slight joy that her pack was growing after so many had left was bogged down and muffled by the sadness she felt for her lost son; but she forced herself to turn away from the thoughts again and listen as the man said more things that she might find interesting to hear.

A singer? They didn't have many stage artists after Mars had left and Galileo was being seen less and less of. Her ears perked at the thought of the idea of having another performing member; maybe they could have parties again like they used to, in other packs. They had one in Cour des Miracles once; it had been quite fun.

She listened as he gave the reasons for leaving his old home, and she immediately understood - she was also glad to hear that he regretted doing it, and wouldn't have done it again. She nodded slowly, smiling at the man.

"Don't worry," she said. "You and your niece don't have to worry about looking for a home anymore; you're welcome here within our borders."

<style type="text/css">
.skyefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fefbee; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #333e46; }
.skyefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cde4f3; text-align:center;}
.skyefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skyefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#cde4f3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fefbee; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skyefreebe01-border1 {width:506px; border:1px solid #485259; margin:0 auto;}
.skyefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b5cee0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+

[/html]
Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte!Site - Rules - Ranks

Hello, and welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; based on trade and good relations, this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a friendly place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

___1. Check out the pack game, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!
___2. Read up on the information about the ranks and co-ranks so you can advance in the pack!
___3. Look at the territory map so you can get a feel for the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and choose a house in Thornbury for your character to live in if you want!

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?