Of Butterflies And Flowing Streams (Open~)
Head low between her shoulders and ears perked up, Maiyun moved from a slow walk to a brisk trot, eyes focused on that one thing that she had been for the past 30 minutes. She had patiently waited for it to move, flopped down in the grass with patient eyes. When it would move such a small space, her ears would twitch in anticipation and she'd follow it with her autumn-leaf orange eyes. But finally it was on the go again. She leapt for it, intentionally falling short of the fluttering yellow wings and watching the butterfly escape yet again. What better way to spend her time when she really didn't have much to do? Her black tail swished a bit and a yawn escaped her as she watched the little yellow bug flit higher into the sky, spiraling and dipping in an intricate dance. Maiyun's dark sides heaved as she huffed out a little sigh; too bad she couldn't take to the sky as well.

One ear flicked back as the soft rush of water caught her attention and the black-faced wolf turned her head to follow the direction her ear had taken. There, a good 20 feet to her left, was a small stream snaking it's way through the field. She padded over to it, tongue rolling out in a pleased grin before she bent down her fluffed out neck and extended her head to it. She lapped at the cool water, feeling it slide down her throat and almost immediately cooling every muscle in her body. She let out a sigh and groan of content, having never tasted anything so crisp; despite the slightly bitter aftertaste. But hey, what water didn't have that somewhat bitter tang to it? Maiyun splashed a paw into the water, watching the ripples pan out across the once-fairly-smooth surface. It distorted the image of everything in the little groove that channeled the water to...well, wherever it went.
[html]

Very thing was different, and Noah could tell that everyone was going to take some time to get use to this. The tripod sighed softly; he had not seen any of the Valley members he knew since he hopped into the lands. A sick, sad feeling. He pushed that sicking feeling to the bottom of his stomach. The male did not like to show his feelings to any one, well just about any one. Jace, sure…but that was about it. Noah had lost just about everyone else, the new leader that was part of the Valley had spoken about being a family…Time would tell.

Off in his own world the male moved around the lands, looking up at the sky that would how he got use to these new lands. No matter where you where, some one that you loved could be looking back at the same sky. Finding the female standing in the water, that he could only assume that she had jumped into the male walked over to the new pack member. The male jolted his head up trying not to get hit by any of the water, as he moved closer. Finally coming closer to the shadowed female, he gave a soft dip of his head, he was still learning who was who rank wise, but it was also in Noah’s personality to be over polite. ”Ms.” the once Valley member spoke to the lady, he hoped that he would not scare her off.

[/html]
Maiyun's ears pricked up when she heard a voice just off to the side. She swung her head his way, mentally scolding herself for not paying closer attention to her surroundings. It could have been anyone, from the Alpha to an intruder hellbent on attacking her. She ignored the tingling shiver that ran through her at the thought that brought on a few memories. A half smile formed on her muzzle and she also dipped her head down in a respectful greeting to the other. Her ears flicked back into a more relaxed way and her eyes warmed up into a considerably pleasant twinkle. "Oh, hello there. I guess I didn't hear you come up." Her voice was as soft as a breeze on a full-moon night and as friendly and warm as the summer sun to a basking wolf.

She stepped out of the small stream, moving to just ahead of the other and sat down, tail curled up next to her hind leg and head tilted to the right a bit. She sat with a comfortable hunch, like one would see on a hot day just before the wolf in question would lay down. She let out a whine-infused yawn and gave a brief shake of her head before shifting her front paws a little; a sort of nervous habit of hers when deciding if a stranger was trustworthy. "The name's Maiyun Tala and it seems to be a pleasure to make your acquaintance so far..." One of her ears cocked back and her nose wrinkled a little as if the scent of fish that's been in the sun for too long had hit her. "Let me rephrase that as it sounded a little rude; I'm glad to be meeting you and I hope we will get along nicely. There, I think that sounds better."