Memory lane up in the headlights
[html]

Word Count → 482 :: For J and Val. <3 Edit: Btw, backdacted to the 28th of June, please?

Selena could have never dreamed for the mansion to be like this; only last night, or more like a few hours ago, did Ezekiel told her about this place and the greenhouse next door. She had thought about going to the nearby building that held the scents of all sorts of plants, but decided on finding a room first. If she remembered correctly, her leader had told her that there were plenty of free rooms to spare, and she swore last night that it was going to be the last time she was going to sleep on her bag out in the forest. As she approached the building, it was much grander than her expectations. It was odd, how this clan kept catching her off guard, but she somewhat like the sense of not knowing what was next, like it was some sort of thrill waiting to happen.

None the less, she let herself into the giant house, though she made sure she was quiet as to not disturb if any were still in their own beds. She thought that perhaps it was late enough in the day for none to still be asleep, but she did not want to take any chances of waking one of her clan member or otherwise making them upset in any way. Selena quickly walked pasted the front lobby, only taking a moment to glance around the room, and into the entertaining hall. The mansion was much vaster than the Black thought, though this only probed her curiosity further as she spotted the staircase and walked up their steps. Though she had saw wings that contained rooms on the first floor, she was more interested in a view and a place where the sun can hit her face early in the morning to wake her up.

As she reached the top of the stairs, she looked down into the east wing with curious, powder blue eyes; one of those rooms would certainly fit her requests, since the sun rises from the east, and there was a good view of the D’Neville garden down below. As she entered the hall, she silently opened the first door that was lined up, hoping that there was no beings in there that already taken the room. But, no yaps of annoyance greeted Selena, or any other noises for that matter besides the creak of the door or any scents that told telltale signs of being claimed, so the ivory-coated coyote entered the room and left the door wide open as she inspected the place. It was little dusty, yes, and could so a bit of a spring cleaning despite it being summertime, but other than that it was perfect. With a smile, she unhooked her heavy bag from her shoulder and dropped it on the bed, sending a mushroom cloud of floating dust, and started to rummage through various things.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc5 ... Snake1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:250px; height:204px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
The snake will always bite back

Selena Black
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Big Grin Valkyrie is wearing a tattered blue dress with a leather belt that is holding a scroll on her hip. +3

Valkyrie had been up, down, and all around today, like always really, since she was an active person. She never did like to be cooped up in her den all day and if she wasn't at the beach, then she was in the forest, and if she was neither of those places, then she more than likely would have been around, trying to find something new to learn about something, anything really. She was always open for learning something new, and as of recently, she was trying to find someone whom was literate so they could read this urgent note that Hextor had brought to her. She figured that she would try the library in the Mansion today to try and find someone to help her read the leather note that had ink on it. She'd had it for some time now, and she hoped that it was not too urgent for the wolvens should have known that she did not know the words that they would put onto the papers. Every time she did send a message it would be scribbles of nothing. So they should have known. Maybe they were hoping she had learned by now. She was hoping she would have learned by now too, but many of the Inferni clan were reclusive, and did not like to talk. Her father included.

She called her friend to accompany her into the dark Mansion so that she could have some other company with her besides whoever she would run into, and Hex didn't refuse her request, so he had flown to her shoulder and perched there as she had walked into the mansion, the door slightly open from the last person to walk in. She would enter and then close the door tightly and then she would go towards the library. There were many scents in the air, a few scents in particular had smelt the same base, and then the scent of the Centurion was there, and that seemed like it was it...No, there had been another scent that was of new Inferni blood. She had not smelt this before, and it was interesting to her, so she had followed it to it's source. It lead her up the stairs, and into the east wing. The door was open, and Valkyrie peeked her head round the corner. 'Ello 'here! the woman chirped to the white woman she would cast her curious, shining, gamboge eyes of hers towards a completely ivory coywoman. Ya' ar' new to Inferni, yah? I'm Valkyrie De le Poer. the woman spoke, offering a coal hand to her fellow packmate.

<style>
.val-t49 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.val-t49 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.val-t49 b {color:#363E31; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.val-t49 {background-color:#9FAA97; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/val01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #363E31; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1F221D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.val-t49-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
.val-t49 .inner {margin:255px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]
WC → 328 :: Selena's wearing just a simple black shirt and some shorts. :]

There was not much in the room altogether, all of the drawers and shelves bearing nothing but dust. It was obvious it was already cleaned of human items besides the furniture from others, Selena guessed. She was half-hoping to discover something that she could use to write with, but no pencils were found in the desk that was nestled in the right far corner of the room; she had hoped to start on some notes that night, but it seemed that she’d either had to make some charcoal or manage to find some later at some place. The ivory she was so busy digging through the room that she did not notice someone approaching the door, and when that someone announced herself it made the Black’s heart jump in surprise. Blinking in alarm, powder blue eyes turned to the ochre coywolf, half expecting for the other to start yapping in annoyance that Selena somehow disturbed them. But, the woman’s tone did not seem upset, more like friendly. So, this clan did have its small number of kind coyotes, she thought with a smile.

“Yeah, I’m new around here, just got here yesterday,” she informed Valkyrie, and took up her offer and shook her hand. “Selena Black.” She saw the curious look in the de le Poer’s eyes, and as she always assume it was most likely her fur. It was probably the third time in less than twenty four hours that she got stares, and she strangely started to become accustomed to it than uncomfortable. “Do you live in the mansion? Sorry if I disturbed you.” As she glanced to the side of the woman’s head, it was her turn to stare, surprised to see a large bird on her shoulders, but said nothing about Hex other than the rather interested gleam in her eyes; she had never seen an owl this up close before, but always heard their hoots at night on her travel to Nova Scotia.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly04 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ebeee5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.freebjuly04 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly04 {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#b5c89c; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... bjuly4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d6e8bd; padding: 120px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
By Alli

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Big Grin +3

The girl turned all too quickly, her form suggesting for a slight moment that she was expecting something else of the Inferni born girl. She was relaxed though, as was the owl whom was perched on her shoulder. He even cooed curiously as well, wondering whom this ivory woman was. The two seemed interested in each other, by the way that there was a curious glare in each of them. In Valkyrie, there was the curious glare of meeting someone new in her eyes, and in the others' there was the curious glare for the bird whom stood tall on the Poer girl's shoulder.It's nices ta' meet ya', Selena-girl. the woman spoke to the other, a smile wide on her thin, coyote-like maw.

The woman looked the other in the eyes, and noticed how crisp and blue they were. She enjoyed the sight, and found her maw to have a bigger grin. The woman asked if she lived in the mansion. The coal locks on the woman's head had moved back and forth as she shook her head. Been thinkin' bout it for some time now, but I dunna' I kinda like mah cave with meh family. My cousins arr' pleasant ta' be 'round, so I like ta' be close ta' 'hem. she spoke to the woman she had met. Yerr' eyes area beautiful, Selena, mah dear! she exclaimed, her eyes brightening up from curiousness to excitement. Her tail wagged from side to side as she stood there in her blue dress. But uh, I wassa tryin' to find someone who could read, and figured tha' the best places ta' look was Inferni's library, ya' know? she spoke to the white woman, getting back on topic after deviating for that moments that she had. It was just that Selena's eyes were so pretty! She really couldn't help herself, she was a pure sucker for those baby blues. Valk almost wished that her own eyes were not so normal, and that they were blue, but she didn't always get what she wanted, and instead she got her inquisitive gamboge peepers.

<style>
.val-t49 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.val-t49 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.val-t49 b {color:#363E31; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.val-t49 {background-color:#9FAA97; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/val01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #363E31; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1F221D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.val-t49-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
.val-t49 .inner {margin:255px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]
WC → 307 :: <3 Just tell me what the scroll would say if you want Sel to read it in the next post.

Selena noticed after Valkyrie spoke a few more sentences that she had an accent that she could not place a finger on; when one lived in a port town, it was not unusually to pick up on varieties of dialects from so many different lands. But the one that was formed from the woman’s mouth was not one she had heard before, which in the end made the ivory coywolf curious as to where the hybrid came from. “I did not know Inferni had caves. It must be very cool during the summer,” she said quietly; she did not comment further where the de le Poer girl lived, since being raised in a building the idea of sleeping in a hollowed rock was almost unheard of. But, the Black did not want to set prejudices against the ochre hybrid, since she seemed nice enough for a Luperci who lived in a cave.

Suddenly, Valkyrie pointed out her the color of her eyes, and surprised by the quirky compliment, nervously replied, “Thanks; I really like your dress.” Selena glanced down at her own clothing with a bit of distain; all the things she owned were dark colored, making her white fur even starker than it should but, and something light like the blue dress that the other hybrid wore would be lovely, or at least that was what she thought. When Valkyrie went on and mentioned someone who could read, Selena was again confused; she did not know how to read? The Black thought that reading was common among other canines, but then again this was someone who lived in a cave. “I can help you, Valkyrie. I know how to read, though it’ll have to be English; I have not studied any other language yet,” she said with a joking smile. “Anyway, what do you want read?”

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly04 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ebeee5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.freebjuly04 {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#b5c89c; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... bjuly4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d6e8bd; padding: 120px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
By Alli

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 405 :: Out of Character: I pmed you the scroll's content. Thanks for doing this for her, it helps more than you know <3 +3

Valkyrie's accent was a mixture of many different dialects, and it wasn't even her true accented voice. It was not easily noticeable that she did not have a real accent unless she had known another since her birth. Only then was it particularly strange. Why she had taken up an accent that she did not have otherwise? It was out of respect for her wandering "brothers" that she had met and wandered with when Inferni was in trouble and the peacemaker that she was could not handle the blood and the death that surrounded Inferni. She liked harmony, what could she say? She was also younger than now, and stupid, that's why she left. Her wandering heart though often would make her leave Inferni still because she was still young, and still stupid. She loved the way she was though. She hoped she never would need to change, even though change was necessary in every life. She hoped that she always had her adventurous heart though. That was something that just defined her.

Selena spoke of how the caves were cool in the summer. Valkyrie nodded her head. Itsa slightly cooler in the caves, makes it feel nices though. the woman spoke nodding her head lightly still. She smiled at the other when Selena would go on to speak of her blue dress that was tattered and worn by now. Thanks! Yerr shorts anda' shirt arr cool too. the woman complimented back. I needa new one tho', dis one's startin' ta' git some holes in it. the woman spoke, looking down at her dress. She was no tailor so she did not know how to sew, at all. Maybe that could be another thing that she could ask around and apprentice at. She was an apprentice, that's what she liked to be. She liked to learn everything and anything she could that was informational about luperci and human lifestyle. Maybe Selena could tell her a story.

When the pale woman told Valkyrie that she could help her read the scroll, Valkyrie got all too excited and let out a few barks of joy. Her long coal and orche tail wagged swiftly behind her and she picked the scroll from her belt that held it on her hip, and she carefully handed it to Selena. Thank you sososososososososoooo much Selena! the woman spoke, and then grew quiet so that Selena could read the oh-so important letter to her.

<style>
.freebietable-a02 b {color:#7e548b; }
.freebietable-a02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EsV88.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a02 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a02 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a02 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC → 442 :: Sorry about the wait. D: I hope this post can make up my lateness.

As Selena had momentarily pondered about Valkyrie’s accent, it brought along memories of the port town she came from as well as her relatives. Some emotion struck a heartstring in her chest, perhaps it was a form of homesickness, aside from the fact that she did not miss home much at all; her family was not the happiest of Luperci to be around, but she did miss some of her kinder blood relations. Like her father, whom was very much like her except grumpier, or like her many little cousins. That was what she probably missed, she decided, since that what she had always looked forward to, being able to teach them things as well as play their games that they enjoyed. But, half of her knew that in the end, they were Black’s, and now that she left there was a high chance they would turn as snobby and spiteful as their parents without her to somewhat curb that behavior.

As the ochre woman spoke again, she smiled and nodded her thanks at her positive remarks at her clothing. But, the coal-faced hybrid’s demeanor suddenly changed as she said she could decipher some writing for her. Without another word, she was gently handed a parchment, and as she unrolled the message she was careful not to tug too much on the paper. She was taught that some parchments were weaker than others, and it’d be a bad idea to rip Valkyrie’s letter to where it was partly unreadable. She first looked over the words without quite reading them, and nodded as she recognized the letters as English. “I’m able to read this for sure… It says:

“Dear Valkyrie,

It's Sven! I wanted to write you because we haven't heard from you in some time. As you can tell from Hextor's appearance, we have been going through some times of trouble! Our leader led us right into pack territory and they just wailed on us! We did lose a few members, sadly, Fernie and Chaz both perished this last winter. We have gotten a lot of new things to trade with the pack, and we have gotten you many many gifts that we must give to you! I will not ruin the surprise for you, but I do want you to know that we will be coming to this 'Inferni' to find you and give you and your clan the gifts that we bare!

Peace, love, and unity,

Sveniture de Gammite

“And that’s all it says,” Selena concluded, rolling the scroll back into its original form and handed it back to the ochre hybrid. “I’m sorry to hear about Fernie and Chaz…”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
By Alli

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 400 :: Out of Character: Sorry for the wait on this. +3

Valkyrie watched the woman's movements as she unrolled the parchment that the message had been written on. Excitement found it's way onto the woman's entire body, her tail being the biggest one to show it, her eyes coming in second. She found it hard to contain herself at times, since she was such an excitable being. The blue eyes of the woman had gone over the paper before she had told Valk that she was able to read it, and Valk switched the weight between her two coal stocking-legs. Valk nodded her head excitedly and listened to what the message had to say to her. Sven was able to write now it would seem, and he wrote to her about how they had come over hard times. She would have to ask the male what had happened when he came to Inferni because obviously he was going to come to the Inferni clan to give her gifts. She wondered what had happened to Chaz and Fern as well, so she would have to ask about that. When the parchment was done being read, Selena had rolled it back up and handed it back to her. Valkyrie had a solemn look on her face for a moment at the news but then shook her head and looked at Selena, whom would apologize about the two perishing. She took the scroll back from the woman and tucked it in her belt and hip again.

They didn' go down with'ou a fight... the woman spoke, but then she approached the canine whom was about the same height, if not then a few inches taller or shorter than she and she put out her arms. She would take the other in a quick hug and once she had released the woman, she smiled at her. Itsa'kay. They arr prolly in uh betta' places naow'. she justified the death of the two friends she had made outside of Inferni. Thanks so much ferr readin' that ferr me. I'm wonderin', would ya' be willin' ta' teach me how to read, Selena? she asked the woman, hoping she would be nice enough to help her learn to read. She wanted to learn so bad, and she hadn't had the luck to find someone whom was able to read in Inferni, or at least anyone whom was willing to teach her to do so. Hopefully Selena would be different.

<style>
.freebietable-a02 b {color:#7e548b; }
.freebietable-a02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EsV88.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a02 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a02 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a02 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]