the summer obsession
[html]

Instead of veering largely east as he had done the other day, today Jenkai decided that he would travel northwest from the peninsula. He had come across still only a handful of wolves, but he knew there were still plenty around – he just had to do a bit more exploring. He always kept his seafoam eyes scanning his surroundings, looking for any signs of the coyote clan he had heard word of. He wanted in no way to mess with him, and he was determined to keep his distance.

He traveled light today, though brought the same leather bag as the day before. The sun was high in the sky and it didn’t appear as if it were going to rain until the late hours of the day. He still had plenty of time to check out the lands, and he was already making his way near whisper beach.

He stopped, breathing in the slight scent of the ocean as he readjusted the straps to his bag. Faintly on the wind he could hear some sort of noise – no, not noise… music. He paused, feeling a tingle run along his neck as he turned into the wind. It sounded almost like singing, yet it was in a strange language he didn’t understand. He waited a few more moments, before gripping the bag’s strap and silently making his way towards the melody.

[/html]
[html]
Just assuming he's in were form cause of the bag Smile
sorry for the late reply, should be better now, delivered exam essay-thing today Sad
oh and sorry, she's a bit emo at the moment Tongue She just lost her litter >>

Lying on the wooden floor offered by the structure of the harbor, Mew stared out to sea. She would have sat, but she couldn't, though in her current mood - or lack thereof - it wouldn't have been past her to sit anyway. Just to pressure herself even more to remember the pain she had in her heart. As if she could forget it. Every second she thought about it, all the time her mind circled around the night and its events a few days back. Even her broken family tree found no space for attention in her head. She felt pitiful, and she was. Beaten, her left shoulder-blade was still somewhat swollen, but her ear had stopped bleeding at least. Her face she hadn't seen in days. Not since after the attack anyways. And if she could see herself right now, she would notice how pale and weak she looked. She was weak, hell, it had taken her nearly 30 minutes just to manage to walk to where she was now. The walking had been a nightmare. She probably shouldn't be moving around, but rather be resting, but she couldn't find rest no matter how she tried, and simply lying in one spot all day didn't do her any good.

Når trollmor har lagt sine elleve små troll, og bundet dem fast i halen.. Da synger hun sakte for elleve små troll, de vakreste ord hun kjenner... Her eyes were as absent as her singing. It was not loud, and it was not in rhythm. The phrases just seemed to come out by themselves as her mind was preoccupied elsewhere. Oblivious of her surroundings, and herself, she failed to notice the smell of someone approaching. She couldn't care less if anyone did anyways. The crashing waves held no comfort this day, and maybe they wouldn't in the way they had used to ever again. All she had come here for... gone. Just like the waves disappeared into the big ocean; her life felt as if it had been torn away from her. She needed to rest, and then.. she didn't know what then. The lullaby that she hummed slipped quietly out of her mouth to be carried by the winds, last phrase consisting not of actual language, but that of a made up language that the mother in the song sung to her little ones. She had not chosen it consciously, but it fit her right now. Her children were sleeping now, she would sing them lullabies forever. O-ai-ai-ai-ai-buff, o-ai-ai-ai-ai-buff.. o-ai-ai-ai-ai-buff buff, o-ai-ai-ai-ai-buff..

[/html]
Yep, he's in optime form. Thanks for getting back to this fast! This time of year is busy for almost everyone! :][html]

He hitched the bag higher upon his back, one hand curling into his chest as to grip the strap that hung over his shoulder only to retreat beneath his arm. The other hand he used to shade his eyes whenever the light attempted to rid him of his sense of direction. He wanted to find where that song was coming from or even what it meant. He had done a lot of studying of human languages, but he couldn’t make this one out. Certainly it wasn’t German or English – he knew that much. But what could it be? Dutch? Russian? He kept up his stride until he knew he had drawn largely close to the ocean. The sound of the waves crashing into the shore was a sign on top of the salty taste of the air.

His feet felt that change in terrain as he advanced into the sand. His gait was no longer done unconsciously – he had to make sure to keep his balance. Yet at the same time it was like being home, where Jenkai lived in a little beach house (if you could consider the small shack that). Except here the sands were a bit different in color and the beach was unfamiliar.

He trailed to the docks he could see off to his far left and knew for some reason that that was where the person was who was singing that rather eerie song. Something about its tune made Jenkai feel apprehensive, but it wasn’t enough to deter him. He hadn’t crossed border lines, had he? If he had, he barely noticed. He could only hope he would be received well.

The feeling of the harbor wood beneath him was much like his home, yet it was cool with the mist from the crashing waves. Now he could see the song’s owner lying upon the wood and even from this distance, he could tell how badly broken she seemed to be. Something had obviously happened to her – something to make her sing this sad tune. "What language is it? It’s beautiful," he spoke gently.

[/html]
[html]
yeah I might be scarceish again next week, got my piano exam coming up and I *really* should prioritize better :S

A voice interrupted her lonesome thoughts, and instinctively her head snapped back in its direction body tense and on guard, a growl nearly escaping her throat. She did not know why, but her first thought was about that damned inferni female, though she relaxed again once she saw that this was not her. She had, in fact, never seen him before, and she wondered why he was here, in their packlands. Normally she would perhaps have acted dominant and demanded the reason for his trespassing, but she had no energy for it. In fact, she couldn't care less even if he had come to kill her. Most things seemed as trifles compared to the hollowness in her being. She would have gotten up, but she was afraid she might falter, and she refused to do so in front of a stranger that wasn't even a pack member. This didn't mean she thought less of him because he wasn't a Dahlia de Mai wolf, she simply did not know him. Instead of getting up, she motioned with her head for him to step closer so she didn't have to lie in such a strained position. She turned her head back again, to look out to sea, while she answered him, assuming he took his hint and was coming over to her. There was plenty of room for him to stand or sit on on the wooden area in front of her.

That's a norwegian lullaby. It's a language that was spoken by the humans, and now the wolves in the north. I picked it up in a song book a while back. She waited, or paused might be a better word. Now that she had company, the ocean didn't quite seem so dark anymore. She was comforted by the scent of another person, even though he was a stranger. Looking back to see whether he was coming or not, she spoke again. Are you here for any purpose, by the way? You're in our packlands, you see. She smiled, making it clear that it was no threat to him. She was merely curious about what had brought him here, and whether she could help him find anyone if he was looking for one of their members in particular.

[/html]
I know how that is - I've got a busy week coming up.[html]

Norwegian. He had read about that language before, but not enough to understand any of what she had spoken. The only thing that really came to mind about the language was that Jenkai had read that it contained 29 letters in its alphabet. Other than that, everything was a complete mystery. He took her movements as a invitation to move further down the dock, so he did. Still grabbing the strap with one hand, his sea foam eyes traced the wood as he passed by her, only to sit down on the dock in front of her. He set his bag down beside him thinking of how he planned to copy down his journeys later. He was going to attempt to make a map so that he could outline where the various packs were. The most crucial would be discovering where the coyotes were located.

"A purpose?" He asked then, brought back to the present by her voice. He hadn’t been aware that he had crossed into claimed lands, but he was glad to see she wasn’t acting hostile towards him. "No, not really. I do apologize for trespassing, though. I hadn’t realized I crossed into your pack lands." He opened his bag and shuffled out the twine bound journal that he had brought along. He held it up so that she could see what it was. "My only purpose is I am trying to make a map of the surrounding area. I’ve lived over on the beach of the chebicto peninsula for over a year now, and just recently was told there are many wolves coming from over the mountains. So now I’m trying to write out the lands around Halifax and the peninsula so that I can keep track of all the packs that have moved in. I hear there is a hostile coyote clan." He wondered what had happened to her, but he let those questions fall into the back of his mind. He wasn’t in a place to ask them. So instead, he asked her about the lullaby. "Norwegian, huh? Do you speak it as well?"

[/html]
[html]
sorry for the ramble, I'm at my boyfriend's place and he kept refusing to leave me alone so I could focus. So sorry if this doesn't make much sense or if there are too many typos (he fails at having a spellchecker program thing and his shitty browser couldn't run the online one I use).
He approached like she had signalised, quite politely and non-hostile-like. Mew was indifferent. She would have stayed indifferent even if he slashed out to her; what she had fought for was lost. SHe had escaped the hungry mouth of the inferni, but she had lost the battle in the end after all. How ironic, right now she wished the crazed coyote had won, had just eaten her. It would be easier. Though, she had company now, and as the other spoke she put her thoughts aside for now. It wasn't as if she didn't have time enough for them; she barely slept at night for just thoughts. At his apology for trespassing, she merely nodded kindly, smiling politely, not wanting to interrupt him, since he seemed to be going to continue with an explanation. At the mention of his purpose, and the fact that he was trying to find the coyotes, or at least find out where they were, her ears flattened themselves and her tail took on a tense position. A fire erupted inside her, it consumed her self control and spread wildly. Had she been able to move much, she might very well have started trotting this way and that in rage, not quite knowing what to do with herself. A growl erupted from the female's throat, and she maintained it as she replied to his indirect question about their whereabouts. The coyotes are here She moved a paw to point on the map, circling out what she assmed would be the spread of their lands. Her words were nearly spat out as she continued to explain the importance of staying away. The coyote pack is named Inferni. You might notice my injuries; one of them tried to eat me. I would strongly advise against ever coming too close to their boundaries, they are known for not letting their borders stop them. Brainless, violent beings.

Her body was tense with hate, muscles stiff and her eyes diverted from the other. All of her misery, it was them. Coyotes, the intoxicated femme on an unusual dinner hunt. Whenever she had encountered any of them she had found that they fit that stereo type. Hybrids were usually calmer, but still some of them were violent and unpredictable. She paused before answering the more direct question. Letting her body take on a less angry position, despite her insides boiling with rage, she tried to make the other understand that her hostility was not aimed at him. An attempt at a smile, though her thoughts were still focused on her rage. Trying to recall what he had asked, Mew answered as best she could, though quite absently and tight-lipped. Yes.. My mother speaks it, and she taught me some of it. Also I found a little songbook with norwegian children's songs a while back which I have been reading in, so I've picked up a few things from that as well.

[/html]
[html]

His eyes lit at her words, tracing her hand greedily as she pointed out on the lightly sketched map the approximate location of the coyote clan. It was still very much a work in progress and Jenkai knew he would have to travel that way a bit in order to refine a bit of the details, but he had a start. He drew a circle around the spot she indicated and then in light letters next to it he wrote the word she had said: Inferni. He looked back to her, really taking in the damage that had been dealt. Clearly the coyote she had crossed paths with hadn’t been in a very cheerful mood. He could really see the lacerations she had suffered from and could only wish he knew healing techniques to help her out. "I’m sorry," he offered, looking back to the map. Below Inferni he began to write once more: DANGER, in big bold letters.

When she spoke of the lullaby, Jenkai’s interest was brought back to the strange song. He had always found other languages fascinating and was rather adept at picking them up. "It sounds like a lovely language – very fantastic to my ears. I’m fluent in both English and German, but I’ve always loved hearing other languages. Norwegian would be an interesting one to learn." He trailed his writing utensil along the paper to about their approximate location and drew another circle. "What is your pack called?" He asked, drawing a small box to signify the pier they were on.

[/html]
[html]

-happily rambling-
I think you are magic, all my posts in this thread have been long without me having to put down effort to make them so!

The other scribbled something onto his map, hopefully something along the line of "stay the fuck away" below Inferni. Mew would not like to see anyone hurt as she was, and particularly not to the teeth of pathetic coyotes. They truly were pathetic. How did they think they could stand against wolves anyway? Coyotes are but simple beings, smaller and weaker than wolves, little scurvy creatures with eyes only for blood. They liked to kill. It was unnatural, something was off about it. Surely, they were all twisted in their stupid little heads. Then again, most of the time, violence and stupidity walked hand in hand.

The femme attempted to relax her body and thoughts so as not to make him think she was crazy. She didn't like it when people overreacted, and this would be overreaction; the other didn't know the details of her loss and hate. And he would never know either. The change of subject to focus more on her song helped ease her up towards him, and she smiled politely at his words as he spoke. When she replied, polite smile on her lips, the growl in her throat was gone; she was calm again, at least on the surface. Thank you. I quite like it myself. It has some similarities to German when you hear it spoken, but the grammar and sentence builds are completely different. It's a lot like danish or swedish if you know them, apparently, but that's something I haven't looked into much. I just like to sing the songs.

She threw a glance at him again, this time taking in his appearance. He was quite handsome, though that didn't matter much to her at the moment. It was merely a fact. The bag around his upper body confirmed his story (not that she doubted it), and it made her wonder why the hell she hadn't created something like that to carry her guitar around with. It would be really practical. He asked another question, and Mew answered, giving him some more detail should he wish that, for the map. We are named Dahlia de Mai, and our area is around.. here ish. A white paw again pointed at the map, this time circling its own pack's borders. She thought for a second before adding some more information. Yes, he didn't seem like a threat at all, really. We aren't that many in the pack yet, we've just recently formed, but it seems our numbers are growing, if slowly. You are currently not in a pack, was it so?

[/html]