Ready For Summer Nights
[html]

Word Count → 325 +10 Immunes skills. (PM if wrong, please. <3) :: For Sammy and Aslan. Predated to July 1st? <3 Btw, fail title; I need to stop listening to Rascal Flatts

Even when the days ran fast, the Black already found herself at ease with the clan. Sure, she had only met the few of the many that made their home here in Inferni, but the hours she spent in the greenhouse were peaceful. Ever since found the time to finally look in the building that was besides the mansion, she found herself spending the whole day there yesterday when she first walked in, and she was doing the same that early afternoon. The day before she had found a small pail fit for gently watering the plants, and she started making trips to the lake that was also behind the D’Neville building to collect water. She returned back into the greenhouse from her third trip to the lake, and as she opened the door, the welcoming, warm scent of the vegetation greeted her nose.

She hoped that whoever usually tended the plants did not mind Selena’s watering of them, and the ivory coywolf could not find fault in doing so or otherwise she would not be in the moist building. While she dipped some of the cool liquid into some of the plants’ soil, she also started cutting off some of the withered leaves of some, though there weren't too many; the Black admired whoever were the caretakers of the greenhouse, keeping their occupants’ condition to their finest. She found this simple work calming to her ever working brain, and was a good way for her to relieve stress. But at the moment, nothing was wrong, especially the thing that was concerning her before she joined Inferni. She was worried that when the clan found out of her battling skills, they would train her even further to be a warrior for them like her family did. But Ezekiel said that Inferni had warriors and needed other skills, and she enjoyed this more instead, just caring for the small things that could not do so themselves.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc5 ... Snake1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:250px; height:204px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
The snake will always bite back

Selena Black
[/html]
Aslan was going to be leaving soon so he wanted to explore every little part of Inferni that there was. Today he would visit a place which Aylar had described to him as 'the greenhouse.' Honestly Aslan was expecting it to just be a house that was green. When he saw what it was he knew exactly what it was. The greenhouse was what he would call a 'sera.' At least in his first language. It didn't directly translate to what it was in english so he didn't really understand what it was.

He had been traveling in his Optime form a lot recently. It was better for him, he could do more things. As he walked into the greenhouse his breath was taken away. It was real damp inside there. They had had one on the boat but he had never been allowed inside. He walked around, exploring with in it. All the plants were lively and beautiful. He smiled as he continued to look around. Over a little ways he spotted a girl. He watched her tend to the plants and only made an effort to be noticed when she looked finished. "Hello. I am Aslan Kurtis. Son of Io and Aeron." He bit his tounge to keep more words from not coming out. Just recently he had met a woman named Jace where he had babbled on and on, telling her his whole life story. She had seemed annoyed and bored so now he made it a habit to just speak his title, and wait to see if they would ask any questions. Perhaps he would make more friends that way.

The lady in front of him didn't look too old. Maybe a little over a year? She was pure white, a color that Aslan adored. He personally liked any solid color. He found it interesting when wolves or any animal really were only one color. Like his mare, she was pure black, and the girl in front of him had nothing on her but white. He on the other hand had many different colors that painted his coat. He thought it was unique when people had but one color.
[html]

Word Count → 329 ::

Selena did not expect anyone to join her in the greenhouse, and when Aslan spoke up─ she was busy tending to a certain plant to notice the younger hybrid come in─ it surprised her. With a sudden jerk of her head, she looked for where the voice came from curiously, and soft, powder eyes landed on the boy. She smiled politely, a reaction trained and hardwired in the Black whenever meeting a friendly stranger, bowed her head in greeting and said in reply, “Hello, Aslan. My name is Selena Black, daughter of Helen and Nicholas Black.” The female wondered if the boy was going to find amusement in her name, but she quickly decided that she was going to look over that if he cracked a smile or something of that sort; she already met a few people who found her surname comical, and many others will as well and she needed to learn to live with it. She placed the pail down beside the plant she just watered, and looked back to the pup. She raised her eyebrow as he bit down on his tongue, but dismissed it and walked over to him, wiping some dirt from the soil on her clothing from her hands as she went over.

She did not quite know what to say next, so she just went to casual conversation. “The plants are beautiful, are they not? It’s amazing, how something can grow from a small seed into something like these.” Selena did not know if Aslan was interested in talking about plants or not like she was, so she quickly moved on to something hopefully more fascinating. “Anyway, what do you guys do around here for fun?” She had always liked asking her cousins that question, since they would earnestly reply and insisted on playing their favorite games. Maybe Aslan would be the same, and the two could then get to know each other better than to awkwardly stand in the greenhouse.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc5 ... Snake1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:250px; height:204px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

Selena Black
[/html]
Aslan smiled, "It's nice to meet you Selena. I like your name by the way." There was nothing sarcastic about his voice. Her name was unique and he apprieciated it. As she walked closer to him he grinned, he was glad she was interested in speaking to him. He nodded his head, "Yes they are.. It is quite amazing. We also come from something so little and blossom into something so great." He grinned, his words sounding more mature than from the person they came from. Often though he had little moments when his mother's words would come out from his own mouth. Even though his blood mother was dead her memory lived on in the way that he spoke to people.

The topic quickly changed to something that Aslan didn't really know how to answer. "I haven't really met a lot of other people so I don't do a lot of stuff. I mostly stay home and train my horse, or sometimes I will look after the newborn pups that one of my mothers just had." He smiled, "I guess I like to just hang around my mare for fun. She's quite amusing sometimes." He grinned, she really was. She would do strange things like smack her lips together when she wanted treats and when Aslan would hold his hand out to give them to her she would make her upper lip go loose and bob her head, making it flop around like a fish out of water. He giggled at the thought. "Are you new here?"
[html]

Word Count → 343 :: Selena: "Wait, I thought people only had one mom." Ah, she is so sheltered. xD

The ivory she at first thought Aslan was poking fun at her name, but she deciphered his tone as one of that lack spite. Already, she was starting to take a liking to the young boy for the fact that he did not laugh at her name; it at least showed maturity that some even older than he did not possess. Again, she smiled at his words as he spoke a smartly worded metaphor, and wondered if he was perhaps a writer or read novels that were beyond his age group. But she decided not to ask, since it may not be noteworthy for Aslan to tell such to her. She guessed not every youth would be like she was when she was littler: nose in the books, obsessed with knowledge, and no times for friends but her family, which was enough for her back then.

Selena was confused when he mentioned “one of his mothers”. She did not quite understand what he meant by that, but she just let that thought slip away as she spoke. “I used to have horses, or at least my family did.” Her family had a stable back in Boston, though it was small and could only contain one or two horses, and they usually did not enjoy Selena’s company. “They were used for trade, though, so I never got to know much about them. They are good creatures, very hardy in nature; consider yourself lucky to have one that likes you.

“Yes, I guess that I am fairly new around here. I was from a port town, about a two-week trip away from here.” It was clear in her tone that she did not want to talk much about her old home, but she remained friendly none the less. “So, I know that Inferni has lots of warriors here; do you hope to become one, one day?” It was not Selena’s dream to be a warrior despite her own skills, but she was interested in others’ dreams. After all, without a goal a person was nothing.

<style>
</style>

Selena Black
[/html]
XD, he has so many!! one dead and two alive... no fathers! XD

Aslan could see a slight look of confusment upon the female's face when he said 'one of his mother's' so he decided to explain. "My blood mother died upon arrival at Inferni. Io Berlin adopted me and she is mates to another woman, Aeron. So therefore I have two mothers." He grinned, he wasn't at all surprised that she was confused. He never exactly explained what he meant by that, but he did get some weird looks whenever he spoke like that. He smiled, so she had had horses. "Yes, I guess I am lucky. Aeron, I call her Guzel, took me to a trader where he gave us two horses, a goat and pistachios." He grinned, "Yummy." He giggled slightly.

Upon her answering his question he could tell that she didn't really feel like talking about where she was from so he didn't stress the topic. Instead he was awarded another question. "I don't think so. I like to cook, read and take care of things more than I like to fight. I mean, I have no problem sparring with another but I don't really like hurting people." He smiled, "What about you? What do you plan on doing later?" She would probably want to do something with these plants, considiring that she was caring for them now. Either way, he wanted to know some detail to what she really wanted to do.
[html]

Word Count → 303 ::

“Oh, now I see,” she said, nodding her head understandingly. Love was blind, after all, she thought, though her own blood relatives thought otherwise, being prejudice about anything that was diverse. Luck was on the ivory she’s side when she was born with an open mind that could over look difference and accept it. Selena then cracked a smile as Aslan went on explaining a small tale about him and one of his mothers. “I like chestnuts and pecans myself, I never tried pistachios before.” Though the nuts she ate were rare where she lived, eating them only on holidays, she did like the treats when she was younger, always looking forward to them when it came to times of celebration.

Selena soon saw that she and the boy had the same views, as well as interests, or at least what morals she would like herself to believe in; ever since she left the family, she was able to become her own person and stop following her relatives’ beliefs, but she still had the ghost of the little white-furred girl who loved to spar inside her, just hiding its face until the Black loses her temper. She was slightly caught off-guard by Aslan’s own questions, but answered it after a moment of thinking. “Well, let’s see. I also like to read and write, and it seems obvious that I like to garden. But I also know how to use the plants to help others, to make them feel better.” Those were the things that she wanted to be known for, so she did not mention her other skills. “As for later… Well, I’m not doing anything later. To be honest, all I planned for today was going to the greenhouse. So I guess I’m free to do anything; why, you have any ideas?”

<style>
</style>

Selena Black
[/html]
"Yep!" He giggled and grinned. "Ohh, pistachios are delicious! I'll have to make you some baklava sometime. It's a native Turkish dish. It's very good, uses pistachios in the recipe. I make it like a pro." His voice turned mock-cocky at the end. He laughed happily. Aslan was having a very good time with the female. "I have never tried chestnuts before though." He cocked his head. He hadn't had very many kinds of nuts.. Really only peanuts, pecans and pistachios. They were a delux nut in Turkey. Though he never spent much time in Turkey the boat he was on for most of his life was full of Turkish wovles and coyotes that kept up the culture.

"Do you mean medically?" He cocked his head again. Him and Selena had a lot in common. Perhaps they could be very good friends. If she didn't mind his age... Her question sparked a grin upon his face. "Would you like to go riding? We could do doubles on my mare. And perhaps you could help me finally think of a name for her!" He laughed. He had had the mare for quite a while but he still couldn't think of a name for her. He had thought about naming her Anne but if someone Turkish came along they would think he was strange. "I am sure she would absolutely adore you." He grinned.
[html]
WC → 310 :: If you want, we can end it here and OOCly say that Aslan brought her to the mare, and rode her and named her. Or, you can post Aslan leading her out of the greenhouse to the stables. Big Grin Either way, I had fun RPing with As. <3

Selena had a taste of foreign food before, since she lived in a town where many cultures mixed as well as a “wealthy” family, in a sense. “I never tried Turkish food before, but I bet it’s good. What is in baklava, besides pistachios?” she asked in keen interest. Though she was not into preparing food beyond just simply roasting caught prey, it was still a curious subject to talk about. “Chestnuts are really crunchy, with a creamy nutty taste. They taste better when you bake them over an open flame, in my opinion.” Memories of her and one of cousins cooking the nuts during last winter flooded her mind, and she started to feel a little homesick, but she mentally swallowed her sadness and focused more on the youth before her.

“Yes, I was taught how to heal others with plants. I even keep some herbs in jars, but they are in my room for now, though I might move them here soon. They’d fare much in here than on a windowsill.” She would have continued talking about her plants, but again she felt that Aslan would want to talk about something else, and he sure did. The ivory she smiled at the boy’s enthusiasm, and said with a slight laugh in her voice, “You’re going to have to teach me how to ride her, I hope you know that; the horses my family used to have did not like anyone riding them. As for the mare’s name, I’ll help you as much as I can with that. What type of name were you thinking of?” Selena could already tell that her and the hybrid was going to be fast friends, which was good thing if she planned on staying there for a well; if she remained here without companions, what was the point of being in the clan?

Today I'm speaking my mind and if it kills me tonight, I'm ready to die

Selena Black
<style>
.kikifree05-ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:right;width:450px;font-size:11px;font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;margin:0px auto;padding-bottom:3px;}
.kikifree05 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kikifree05 b {color:#877d5c; letter-spacing:-.2px;text-shadow: .05em .05em .25em #000000;}
.kikifree05 {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/A8UGH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:Verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#d2935f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:150px 0px 0px 0px; background-color:#2d1b0d;margin:0px auto;border:1px solid #000000;}
.kikifree05-wc {font-style:normal;text-align:right;width:450px;font-size:11px;font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;margin:0px auto;}
.kikifree05-name {text-align:center;font-weight:bold;font-size:36px;margin-bottom:10px;color:#8b7c74;text-shadow: .00em .0em .05em #000000;text-transform:uppercase;}
.kikifree05-quote {text-align:right;padding:0px;margin-top:10px;font-size:10px;padding-right:30px;padding-left:30px;}
</style>[/html]