gravity rides everything [p]
[html]
For Janos. Borgata Xicohtli.

Magnolia’s woe had been short-lived; after a few days the young girl found a renewed energy to meet her new pack-mates. Larkspur had urged her to keep introducing herself, and so she had been haunting the more frequented areas of the pack. That was Magnolia’s way of introducing herself—a hopeful bump-into. The river seemed like a good place to start meeting people, so the woman left early in the morning to allow enough time for a hopeful encounter.

Magnolia was focused on the Pictou River this morning, desiring fish and the serenity of the area. Magnolia had only been here once or twice and hadn’t stayed for long, so the girl was excited to spend the day near the calming waters. Silver paws walked slowly, the chilled water just a few inches away. She was stone stepping, testing her balance, unsure if the optime girl could balance on the rocks for too long. She made it a few meters before the cold water overtook the rocks and froze her toes; wincing, the girl continued down the river.

<style>
.zero-clamantis p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-clamantis b {color:#7c4957; font-family: times, serif; font-size:13px;}
.zero-clamantis {border:1px solid #544d3d; font-family: tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#544d3d; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#83a83f; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/otras ... mantis.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 5px 0px; width:450px;margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 1,015

Each day was like a new start for him, but each morning was like waking up, hoping that his ship hadn’t left its tether in the middle of the storm. He shifted as he woke up, normal as any other day, immediately looking around for his cherub. He didn’t see him but that didn’t mean anything. He could be out going to the bathroom or any number of things. But he couldn’t wait around for his cherub. He had to go and start getting his place in the pack even more secured. Oh sure he was one of the arbiters and so held a high rank in the pack but his position wasn’t the firmest around. Someone could come along today and be ten times more ruthless and cunning and he would be out of a job. He had to keep affirming his place or else risk being sent to the side of the road, discarded like some common-day trash. He couldn’t let his master down like that and so he had to go and do what he had to do. Janos had told Bastion before that his journey to stability might take him a little bit of time away from him as much as he hated to do so. Not knowing a firm time on when he was going to be home was killing him internally but they both knew that this was just something that they had to do. And it wouldn’t be forever with any luck.

Scarred male rose to his hind legs, once again undoing his jacket from the pillow-type mount that he had been lying on, inhaling the scent of the cherub one more time. A hand raised to the back of his neck to finger over the ruined flesh there, the blackened and charred flesh a permanent reminder that he was only as free as his master allowed him to be but he was okay with this. In fact he had wanted it and while it had hurt it was a constant reminder that he had someone to look out for him and take care of him. Giving a light sigh, he threw one last glance to the room that had his and Bastion’s scent all over it, he grabbed a little bundle of cotton and a moldy ace bandage found in an old and half-buried building in an old first aid kit. It was fairly primitive but he had to have something to help him hide his Salsola mark emblazoned on his ribs, the scar hidden most of the time by his jacket but when he was out he didn’t want to chance a breeze. But first he wanted to go and clean off the ace bandage. He had to first go and meet someone before he was allowed to leave so he had to get going. It was his job to first hunt out the Sapienza hopeful first and get some information and figure out how, in the future, they were going to get a hold of one another.

Paws carried him silently away from his little room and down and out of the building that they lived in. It was a quiet sort of day but with the silent stillness that promised that something could happen at a moment’s notice but oddly enough he wished for it. He wanted something to prove himself. He had heard through the vines that there were two hopefuls in the clan that wanted to be a Sapienza, one of them a female by the name of Magnolia. It was a pretty name, the name of the large white flower and it brought to mind a thought of peace, something never given to the scarred male. Tattered ear twitched as his other ear perked forward, catching some sounds not too far up ahead from where he was. He truly was a rough and shady-looking character which was why it was best that he worked from the shadows, the best that he only gathered information and then was gone whenever someone was looking for him. It was like that but it was the way that he had survived up until this point. Being a slave you didn’t have many choices other than staying out of the way whenever someone approached you or dealing with the consequences of meeting that person face to face.

He drew close to the water, the ace bandage out so that he could wash it in the water to remove the mold from it when he saw a female who was dangerously walking through the frigid waters. A small sigh escaped him and he toyed with the idea of not saying anything but she was doing something dangerous and who knew? Maybe she could be the one that he wanted to talk to. ”If you’re not careful you’re going to be the one in the water,” he warned her in his gruff voice before he walked down to the water too, crouching near to the edge to dip the dip the bandage into the water, doing his best to wash out the signs of aging from it. He didn’t really want to put it on his body if it was so gross and besides, this was a good way to get rid of the smell. When he got outside the borders, he would rub it against some trees or something to finish getting the scents out of Salsola territory but for now this would work until he could do it better. Looking up at the female to see if she was approaching him, both his ears were out, trying to make sure that she didn’t come up on him too fast but he supposed that he would be able to hear her no problem. Attention was diverted between both of his tasks, taking his time to do it correctly. He was almost waiting for her to fall into the water with how slick the waters were and how difficult it was for optime paws to keep their grip but who knew, maybe she was more skilled than that.

<style> .free-a24 .ooc {font-style:italic;} .free-a24 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;} .free-a24 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;} .free-a24 b {color:#7a2e28; letter-spacing:-.2px;} .free-a24 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:475px;} .free-a24 .inner{background-color:#cad4d6; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a24.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:475px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;} </style>
[/html]
[html]
WOW nice post okay soooo….. don’t feel like you have to write so much for every post, because I can’t match your length by any means :p Sorry for the wait, I disappear for 4 days and things just blow up in my face ahhhh. So much work to get Magz’s corank. :x

It was the first time in ages Magnolia felt tested. The water’s frigid temperature sent shivers up her spine and her pearly feet felt like a thousand sharp knives were stabbing her. The Associate whined, and froze her entire body momentarily, wondering if she could continue on. Jade eyes narrowed, intent on going as far as she could before her body gave out. The cold was beginning to numb her petite feet as a voice rang out, ruining Magnolia’s focus. The distraction nearly sent the girl toppling into the water, but she managed to catch herself. The girl cried out in horror, and quickly whipped around to gaze at the stranger that nearly caused her to freeze. Her eyes narrowed further at the male on the riverbank, who seemed to be busy with washing fabric.

She wasn’t going any father today, Maggie mused. The young woman sighed, nimbly stepping on the rocks that led her to the shore by the mysterious male. Magnolia was a little irritated to say the least, but kept her emotion (kind of) in check. “I wouldn’t have risked falling in if you hadn’t broke my concentration,” Magnolia wasn’t meaning to be rude to a wolf clearly ranked higher than her, she was just bluntly telling the truth. “Are you one of my fellow Salsolians?” the girl asked, giving her signature flirtatious smile. Even if she was out of line, she prayed her good looks would help her escape punishment.

<style>
.zero-clamantis {border:1px solid #544d3d; font-family: tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#544d3d; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#83a83f; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/otras ... mantis.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 5px 0px; width:450px;margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: It's all good ^^

[html]

Word Count » 811

Being tested by waters such as these was in a way asking for trouble. The waters around here were cold, having come down from the high water basins, and it was here on the slippery moss that the girl was trying to walk across. It was a foolish move in his book and with her being so far out of the way from the main walkway of the Salsola pack, if she fell in and got hypothermia there would be no one to save her, no one to come in and play the white knight rescuing the damsel in distress. No, it wasn’t like one of those love stories that mothers told to their children or women to one another when they were bored and wanted to have something to talk about or whenever women bartered such words amongst themselves. The whine didn’t escape sensitive ears and he kept a begrudging eye out on her even as he was working on his clothing as well. As he waited for her to come to her senses, he straightened up and hung his clothing over a branch to let them dry, his senses trained on the woman that had seemed to be frozen in time. Looking back at her, he saw that she was glaring at him and it sent his hackles rising. Very few people could glare at him like that and get away with it. It was one of the benefits of being so high ranked. He not only had greater privileges and greater leeway within the pack, it also meant that it gave him a bit of respect, something that he didn’t remember ever having before.

The sharp words hit his ears and he gave a low growl rising from his throat. He recognized her scent and by all intents and purposes, she shouldn’t be looking a pup in the eye much less speaking out to someone like him. Her looks would do nothing to help her if she wasn’t careful. The other sex didn’t arouse any sort of feeling in him whatsoever. She could be the most beautiful female or the ugliest and he would look at her the same way. It was mainly because he knew how people looked on the inside now and had done so many atrocities in his time as a captive that beauty, the delicate pleasure of looking on someone beautiful was wasted on him. Rather, his loyalties and his gaze was only for his love and master. Only Bastion could bring emotions out of him. The final question made him frown as he approached him, his hand itching to slap her, the greatest sign of displeasure from a higher-ranking wolf but he kept his hand at his side. But his ears were still back and he didn’t look pleased, those sharp eyes of his flashing, even the one eye that could barely see. ”Watch how you speak to me girl,” he said, warning her. This would be the only warning that she would get before the next time he would do something far more drastic. He was one of the enforcers after all. If he couldn’t take someone like her and make an example out of her then his duty as a boogeyman would be for naught.

The flirtatious smile met stony face and sharp, jagged features as he continued to look down at her, his features looking to be something out of the bowels of nightmares themselves from the many jagged scars to the partially missing ear that hung in tatters on top of his head with just enough cartilage in it to keep it upright and keep the same shape as the other. ”Before we go any farther with this conversation there are a few things I need to point out. One, why do you ask me if I am? Can you not smell the scent of the pack lands on me? Two, moderate your tone. I hold a much higher rank than you and yet you do not show me an ounce of proper respect. Three, what would you have done had you fallen in? You are out here without anyone out with you. If you had fallen in and hit your head on one of the submerged rocks, no one would have been around to save you. Finally, don’t be throwing around the Salsola pack name without cause and even then if you must be cautious with when and how you use our pack name. Show some respect before I will be forced to discipline you,” he warned the girl, figuring that this really was almost too fair of him. He didn’t want to be seen as going soft but by the same hand, she seemed honestly unsure as to his rank or his affiliation. But if she continued to be like this then he would have no choice.

<style> .free-a24 .ooc {font-style:italic;} .free-a24 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;} .free-a24 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;} .free-a24 b {color:#7a2e28; letter-spacing:-.2px;} .free-a24 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:475px;} .free-a24 .inner{background-color:#cad4d6; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a24.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:475px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;} </style>
[/html]
[html]

SO Maggie isn’t going for the sapienza rank anymore, so maybe this thread can be them meeting and whatnot?

As soon as the male before her spoke, silver ears flattened in embarrassment. He was totally right, he was indeed far highly ranked than her. She just chose to ignore Salsola law since she joined; Larkspur and Itachi didn’t seem to care about hierarchy too much around her, and so the girl had felt treated like an equal to them. However, there were still members (like this hulking figure) who strictly adhered to the rules set down in place. The gray male frightened Magnolia, and knew she could be in serious trouble for the way she had spoken to him. What this man would do to her she didn’t even remotely want to think about.

He spoke with an acid tongue and with every word out of his mouth Magnolia was more and more frightened. He was the harshest pack member Magnolia had met yet and this frightened her. After the last supper incident, Magnolia should have been more careful. A slave’s tongue had been cut out for disobeying. However, Magnolia wasn’t a slave, but she was hardly a step above them. Magnolia really had to remember that. The man was shooting question after question at the girl, and with every attack she became more and more upset. She was trying to hide her embarrassment, but it was still incredibly obvious.

“I… I’m sorry,” Magnolia mumbled, trying her best to hide her hysterics. “I know you’re from Salsola, I was just… trying to start a conversation,” The girl was trying to fight back tears; she was being silly and immature for crying, but she hadn’t expected to be treated this way. “I’m M-Magnolia. Larkspur told me to come here…. I… I just joined,” Magnolia was nervous, anxious, not wanting to get hurt. “I’m so sorry,” the girl repeated, truly ashamed of her behavior.

<style>
.magnoliaflow-text {padding:0px 5px;}
.magnoliaflow p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:15px; margin:5px;}
.magnoliaflow b {color:#f7921f; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; }
.magnoliaflow {width:355px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#0e284b; background-image:url(); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#e7899d; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
Table by Fae <3
OOC: Sure! Sounds good to me

[html]

Word Count » 516

Part of him felt bad for being so harsh to her but she needed to know that he wouldn’t take that kind of actions from the other. He had been through far too much to allow some young upstart to talk to him that way and act that way around him. But he did so hate to be the bad guy around someone like her who was a part of his own pack but he had to do what he had to do. He wasn’t called the boogeyman for nothing and even though his main job was to scare people he had done some bad things with his master, aiding him in the interrogation of some people, reminding him painfully of his own time when he was the one on the table rather than the one dishing out the pain. Sometimes it felt good to be on the giving end of the pain but it wasn’t something that he normally indulged in. He was glad that the other was properly cowed by his words and by his actions so that he didn’t even have to think about going that route. He noticed immediately that Maggie seemed to understand and he watched as the other’s ears lay back against her head, seeming to be thoroughly embarrassed without him having to even raise a hand against her which was good for her. She needed to learn this now because while she may have thought that he was mean and scary he was not the only one that could seriously harm her. In fact, he was a teddy bear compared to some.

He didn’t know about the slave that had his tongue cut out but without a doubt it was for a good reason. Such a powerful punishment was for something big that had happened and even though he had heard rumors he knew nothing for sure because he had not yet been presented with this information. She mumbled to him her apologies and seemed to be taking him and taking her place in the pack easier. If she was able to get away with this for so long then he really needed to have a talk with the other enforcer since he knew that Bastion wouldn’t put up with it either. Nodding his head with the words, he seemed to relax, content with her apology. Only sincere apologies were accompanied with actions such as that. ”Good your apology is accepted. Be wary though Magnolia. Others aren’t as nice as I am and let you off with a warning. I am Janos, one of the arbiters. Why were you out there in the middle of the water anyway?” He asked as he seemed to calm down as quickly as that and he walked to sit down on a rock, stretching out as he looked over at her, waiting to see what she would do. ”Why did Larkspur tell you to come out here?” He asked her after a moment, wondering if she had been looking for him specifically or if she was just told to come out this way.

[/html]
[html]
SORRY FOR THE WAIT I SUCK SO HARD SOMETIMES x_x. and it’s a short post because I suck even harder than normal.

He was an enigma of sorts and she wasn’t sure how to react to the big scary man before her. Maggie was brave, but brave only when she wasn’t in actual danger; this man made her feel threatened and only added to her social anxiety so all she could do was clam up. Maggie became flustered, immaturely messing with the dirt beneath her paws in unease. He didn’t hurt her, though, and the girl let go of the tenseness in her body a little once she realized she wasn’t going to be beaten. Magnolia made a mental note to avoid him next time he came close to her, though.

“I was just walking on the stones, sir,” she said carefully, not interested in telling this ferocious stranger her troubles. “And Larkspur came for me because I was unhappy living where I was previously, that’s all. He didn’t exactly tell me to come to Salsola, but I came here anyway,” Short and to the point. She figured he’d appreciate the quick and undersized answers. Janos didn’t seem like the type to give a damn about girls, or their worrisome dilemmas for that matter.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 524

He had to be mean. It was part of his job as an arbiter. He had to keep potential evil doers away from him just as he had to keep those who would do evil within the pack from doing harm. So if he was able to scare this female into avoiding him and keeping her head down then his job would be done and he would have had what he needed in order to succeed. Of course, he didn’t mean to make her clam up or even make her frustration and anxiety rise. That was really not what he meant to do but if that was what it took then that was just going to be what it took. Janos could tell through steely eyes that the other creature across from him was getting flustered by the way that she moved, messing up the dirt beneath her. Part of him wanted to stop her from doing so, finding that to be incredibly childish and of no use but that would be mean and it wasn’t harming anyone for now and so he let it go, his bright eyes flicking back up to her face. To those other than his master or the alphas, he could be a hard-ass and it showed in the way that he moved and the way that he looked at you but it was a façade, just a mask to wear to keep from everyone his useless inner emotions. He had no need for such imbecilic reactions as he usually got when he told his life story so if he could just keep someone at an arm’s distance from him then that would be better.

She then spoke, using the honorifics and while it was strange to hear it from someone’s mouth it was intensely invigorating all the same so he just sat back and let her talk, glad that the other was keeping it simple and to the point. Trying to use useless words led to rambling stories, ones that he couldn’t give a rat’s ass about quite honestly. ”I see. And what have you been doing since you came here? Have you tried for a rank or a corank?” He asked her as he backed up and leaned against a tree, looking over at her. He expected an answer of course, even if it was one that was boring. But his mail goal wasn’t to make all of his own pack terrified of him, only those who had done Salsola wrong could be terrified of him with good reason. Even though she had disrespected him, she had turned her personality around and so he was relaxing again, scratching his back through the jacket against the bole of the tree but his almost eerily calm and collected eyes were watching her, just waiting for a response, waiting to hear what she had to say. Perhaps to some others it might seem to be pointless talk of what he was doing but while he knew that she hadn’t gotten a rank yet he wanted to know if that wasn’t just from lack of trying or what was going on.

[/html]