It's too bad
[html]
This was what this was? A weak pack with a weak leader? Her heart fought a tearful fight as her youngest son turned his back to her and quietly left the area. The milky white female with the grey gaze sat down and lowered her face to the ground, breaths heavy as if she had run a marathon. What was this? It was like Haku’s hands had replaced themselves on her throat and attempted to end her life once again. Cercelee’s words seemed too far away, and Colibri saw the world start spinning, so she closed her eyes, feeling this time it was her spinning around and around and around. What was this? Oh, she had no idea, she wanted this madness to end so badly, but there is no waking for those who do not sleep.

The breathing went easier and the female opened her tired eyes again. Yes, she was tired, so tired. What was it all about? An old female not being able to let go. Although, she meant her reasons still stood strong after she almost had fell victim for her son’s less sane moments. Or were they his slightly more sane moments? All her fault, just her fault, it was that.. A necklace? Impossible. The five year old looked up at her co-leader. Would Cercelee lead this pack if she disappeared? Colibri gave a great sigh, resisting the tears that wanted to flow out of her orbs. ”Haku will not fit in here, not as long as I am a part of these lands. He frightens me, I’m not sure if he has any boundaries.” She had lost him long time ago.

[/html]
[html]

The words did not solve the puzzle that was forming in Cer’s head, yet she could tell that whatever it was, it upset Colibri greatly. Moving closer to her friend’s side, Cercelee laid her head against Colibri’s side, listening to the struggled breathing. Cercelee let some time pass in silence as she stood by her friend and mulled over the words Colibri had spoken. So, was it true then that Haku could indeed be dangerous? Why else would Colibri have any reason to fear him? Well, so long as Colibri was in this pack, Cercelee would not allow Haku long term access inside it’s borders. Strange to think that the first wolf that she would deny access to would be her own cousin, one of the males would had seen her through her own childhood.

Still, the information was lacking. If Haku was truly capable of doing harm, shouldn’t Cercelee be aware of it? Nudging Colibri encouragingly, Cer spoke again, soft and easy.Has he done something before? Is there something more I should know about him? It seemed that Haku had his sights set here, at least so long as his sister resided. Surely Colibri wouldn’t hold back anything important, would she? Still, Cercelee had asked the question in such a tone that implied that Colibri needn’t answer if it was too hard on her. If that was the case, Cercelee wasn’t sure that she wouldn’t be sickened by the answer in any case.

[/html]
[html]
The warmth from the female next to her was soothing, and Colibri’s muscles tensed even more. She was given a slight nudge, and Cercelee asked if there was any necessary information she should know when it came to the son of her co-leader. Colibri did not know, because she had no idea what Haku had gone through. Apparently he had a daughter, and he had taken care of Cercelee and Colibri ’Junior’ for quite a few months. Apparently things had gone all right then, so maybe it was just something that had snapped when he had tried to end his mother’s life. Truth was, she could not remember anything of the day it had happened, just that she had woken up, feeling more dead than alive, buried under a thin layer of leaves. It was so odd. Had she been right to turn him away?

It had seemed as he did not know what she was talking about, but the marks that was hidden behind the white Rosea’s pelt was from him. There was no doubt. ” I believe he is ill,.” She did not know how to explain it, because it was actually not a proper decease she believed he had gotten. It was more.. Maybe.. That he was possessed. When he had been younger, he had talked about a voice in his head, and that was the time after .. Yeah. ”He almost killed me once, but I am no longer sure if it was on purpose. You should know him better than I at the moment, as he took care of you and your cousin.”

[/html]
[html]

The end?

Colibri’s confession felt awkward. Cercelee swallowed hard, it felt as if she was swallowing Colibri’s words, and the aftertaste was bitter. As she digested this information her mind raced. Yes, there had always been signs that Haku was off, since Cer had met him. The signs had gotten increasingly frequent and more obvious as she had spent more time with him. And now Colibri confirmed something Cer had pondered herself. Now her mind was set, before it had been an inkling, then a suspicion, but now here was knowledge. Why ever Coli had not returned, Haku was behind it. And Cercelee couldn’t even think to say anything to Colibri.

You should know him better than I. Perhaps she should. She had spent a decent amount of time with the male, and much more recently than Colibri had. I should. And yet she didn’t. For all the time spent with Haku, the only thing Cer knew for sure was that he was unpredictable. Yet she knew he could be good, protecting, a friend. She had known all that, but at other times he was distant and strange. Still, Cer had genuinely liked the male, up until Coli had pleaded for her to leave, and had Haku returned with Coli, and had Colibri reacted more warmly herself, Cer would have greeted the male with much more hospitality. That was not how it had gone, and Cer couldn’t change that. Nudging her friend again, she sighed and spoke calmly. Hey, let’s go rest a bit. If there’s anything else you need to tell me, you can, but let’s just go get our mind off this for while, yeah? Just take a moment to breathe. Come on. She turned towards the path that would lead them back towards the buildings, where they could find one to duck into a while until Colibri and herself felt somewhat normal.

[/html]
[html]
Colibri nodded wearily at Cercelee’s words. Get their minds off this for a while. As if that was possible. Her family was scattered, broken and ill, how could she Not think of it. She would be forced to think about it day in and day out, not getting a moment of peace. He was back, and the five year old was deadly afraid. She had nightmares about him sometimes, and she was afraid that was the way her life would end, by his hands. She had not spread word of what was wrong with him, but she understood the demon was out after destroying evidence. At times she had wanted to die anyway, what she had done to her youngest son was terrible beyond any imagination, but God, it had not been intended. It had been supposed to be something positive, to make him happy. She had not realized what the deceased human had done to himself to stop the cancer before it was too late. It was only her fault. Maybe.. She needed to end his suffering before he came to end hers. The pitch black dagger would still be hidden in her former den in Clouded Tears..

”Wise words, Cercelee. Thank you.” Why was she always so short with the younger relative? Cercelee had been so kind to assist her in the leadership, but instead Colibri was throwing over all the work at her, and just went around alone. It was not the right thing to do, but Colibri had begun to realize more and more that this was not the life she had wanted to live. She wanted to be free. Her attempts at living had failed repeatedly, and she did not think she would have the strength to try build up another one before watching it fail. She turned away and trotted away, eager to get away from Cer’s confusing and Haku’s lingering scent. When she was far enough away, snuggled up in her little human cabin, she would let the tears run free.

[/html]