Mini Vacation at the Falls! (p)
WC: 276

The roar of water brushed over him with a sensation he'd never felt before this day. Goosebumps riddled his skin under his fur as he licked his lips. range sat himself down, his legs crossed out of forcive habit. He sat up completely straight, his head ninety degrees with his chest. His brownish red fur getting damp with the mist that pelted him. He closed his eyes as his hands connected, fingers entangling and fell into his lap. The process was getting faster and faster for him with each try. As he began taking deep, slow breaths the world seemed slower to him. The rumble of the falls fading into the distance as his mind filled with blankness.
So what is my plan? what can I do with myself? Hmm......I need to read more....expand my knowledge if I am to be the mentor I need to be well versed on multiple subjects.,, that is my next step. mmmm This water is niiice....I wonder what sort of fish live down there? if any survive. Peaceful fish in a chaotic environment. Sounds like the usual for some people. I feel sorry for these people...Do they deserve what they've gotten? I highly doubt it. Some people are just born in different circumstances.... How deep will our footprints sink when we step in the sand of life? Will the pack live on for many years? or will it die with the next generation...will anything survive long enough to keep a history of us?.....thoughts and dreams. Hmm.
He sat in deep meditation, his face emotionless his breathing barely visible his chest almost frozen.
WC: 238

Tawny could hear the roar of the falls from a very far way off, the sound echoing off the trees and rocks in the surrounding forest. Her nose was buried in the dirt as she walked along in lupus form, searching for anything that would be worth picking up and putting in the pack resting on her back. The basket type thing that she'd constructed with vines and sticks a few days before had been modified to fit on her back when she shifted in all forms, for easier transportation through the territories. Saul's present was coming along beautifully, almost done, so she decided that it was a time for a break, hence the traveling again.

Upon reaching the waterfall, she dunked her head into the water and took a long pull, the cold liquid sliding down her throat. Relieved, she pulled back and shook her entire body. Stretching for a few moments, she scanned the area and tilted her head when she saw a young looking wolf sitting in an awkward position on one of the rocks closer to the waterfall. Frowning, the young woman started moving closer cautiously, not sure whether she should really check up on him. Growling at her stupid nervousness, she began jumping up the rocks, rapidly drawing closer to the red wolf. Silently, Tawny shifted into optime form and stretched her arm out, gently placing one little hand upon the male's shoulder.
WC: 247

Range makes no form of movement, hut his soul is lit up in surprise of another chakra meeting his. S he begins his ascent out of his zen state of mind his muscles seemed to tense up slightly. His eyes fluttered at first before fully opening, he turns to her his bi-colored eyes looking at her but seeing her soul as the zenn effects still haven't warn off. His mouth opens and a calm, soothing voice begins to flow out.
"Hello, My name is Range."
His vision returns to normal and at his current vantage point he stares into her stomach seeing her scars instantly. He frowns at them, never liking the idea of someone being hurt that bad. He feels compassion as he looks up at her face seeing her nose is scarred too.
This is simply no good.
He gets a sudden look of determination as he holds his hand out inviting her to sit across from him.
"Your scars run deep, and I'm not just talking about the physical ones. Please have a seat."
He turned his head back to the ninety degree angle as his eyes re-closed.
"I hope I don't sound intrusive when I say this but I would love to listen to your tale. I have the time to pay attention."
He would look at her again, his blue eye sparkled beautifully and his green eye gleamed in the sunshine as though glass.
WC: 306

Tawny watched as the young man seemed to come back to himself out of the dream-like state he had been in. She started to move backwards slowly as his eyes blinked open, not wanting to get in trouble for waking him. Her body shook a little bit as he finally turned around and settled his bi-colored eyes on her face, scanning them up and down her body. She hoped to everything holy that he wouldn't be mad at her; enough hurting had happened in the past few days, no more was needed at the moment.

The girl looked up in surprise when the boy introduced himself calmly and then spoke about scars and stories. She frowned and pressed one bandaged hand to her chest, "T-Tawny." Pride flashed across her face as she got the name to flow without hardly any stuttering. Finally, it seemed as if her work at practicing words when no one else was around, and listening to other form her name on their tongues was really paying off. A small smile pulled her lips up and showed off her sharp white teeth, sharing her joy with him.

As she sat down about a foot away, their knees almost touching, she tilted her head again. Still unclear on what he was asking her to do; she watched him with wide blue eyes and fidgeted, sliding the pack off her shoulders and onto the rock at her side. "Uh...huh?" It was obvious that her speech was limited, as well as any understanding of words, but she would try to comprehend what he was saying. She did not take pride in the fact that most thought she was a total idiot because of her lack of words, but tried to not let it affect her in any way. It was a lot harder said than done.
WC: 226

Range's eyes were once again wide open and looking directly into hers.
Taaawwwnnny....Nice name.
He smiled with his brief thought process as he shook his head briefly remembering he was entertaining a guest.
"I would very much appreciate it if you sat in the same position as I, except for your hands they may sit however you feel comfortable."
His eyes scanned her again, as he glared at the bandaged hand realizing that was a new wound made him angry at first but relaxed at the possibility it may have been an accident. His breathing slowed again.
"The key to meditation is being able to clear your mind of all conscious thought process, make it completely blank. From that point on you can begin to look at any issues you may be having and see them with the utmost purity. after many days of meditating you will be able to see things you've never seen before, from people's chakra, to how their soul is built, an aura about them. Your scars had a red aura which means aggression they obviously weren't from an accident. So please, tell me your story."
He stared at her with a big smile on his face, his voice never seeming to change pitch through out the whole conversation thus far, staying quiet and relaxed.
WC: 264

Once again the little girl was totally confused. She had no idea what he was talking about and it was clearly shown on her face. She sighed and dropped her head lower, pouting a little as she positioned her legs like his, going off instinct and the gesturing of his hands towards her limbs. Her small hands rested on her thighs, rubbing the near black fur there out of nervousness. Her tongue flashed out a few times, licking at her lips and muzzle as she tried to make out the words sliding smoothly from his throat.

One eyebrow was clearly pushed up more than the other as she watched the male, soaking in the calm gentleness of his soft voice. It was very soothing and had her relaxing within moments, her tense muscles losing all tension, making her slump over a little bit. Her eyelids drooped and fluttered; the relaxation a sort of vacation for her body. For some reason she felt that she could trust this male without much hesitation. He was just like Saul, the older male who was now possibly her favorite person in the whole world. The connection she had with him at the moment was like a best friend or something in relation to the father and daughter thing.

Thoughts of the Stormbringer who had doctored her bloodied hands brought a smile to her face and caused her to sigh, eyes finally falling closed all the way and she breathed deeply, taking in the young males scent. He even smelled like the other man, only furthering her calm demeanor.
WC: 217

"You can't talk well....i'm sorry."
He leans in smelling her realizing that this is all in his recognition.
"Ichaka No Ho-En"
He utters this slowly thinking the word recognition might work after he realizes she's clan with him.
I didn't even realize....how can I find out more...
He stares into her eyes with a form of determination as his hand rubs her belly where the scar is. His eyes moving back up to her.
What would uncle Saul doo...
He stared at her for a good long time in debate as how to react. Then realizing she's been bandaged and that had to be someone from the clan, he knows exactly who.
"Saul?"
He said trying to get more recognition to give her a back-story he can understand. His hands moved about her other scars in debate trying to piece it together. He basically plants his nose against her belly looking at the scars as he tries roughly dating them to figure out when they happened.
Early child hood.....what about the knee...
As he moves his eyes over the scars they are all roughly the same timeline her looks at her with a sad expression.
You had an abusive parent...or Parents....
WC: 300

Tawny had thought at the beginning that this young man would be alright to sit with. His calm demeanor made her relax and let loose; the low, softly flowing voice pouring into her ears and seeming to caress her mind into submission. The girl smiled at him and sat there quietly, watching the way his multi-colored eyes flicked around, taking in the marks on her body. She wasn't sure what he was looking at, but the expressions that crossed his face were amusing, so she really didn't care. Her calm was furthered by the name Saul, remembering the male who had been helping her so much with all kinds of things. That changed the moment his face was pressed up against her stomach, his paws pretty much holding her in place as he snuffled with his nose and looked at the scarring.

Growls rumbled up from her chest and she edged away from him, eyes narrowed and lips drawn up slightly, showing just a tiny hint of fang. Her skin felt like it was crawling, the touches causing her to shake slightly. She lifted her hands up and rubbed over the places his hands and nose had been only moments before, as if trying to scratch the feeling of him off of her skin and fur. Although she didn't leave, her body was moved back another few feet and she kept up the soft warning growl. The girl was simply not interested in touching or being help by the male that she didn’t know, even if he was a trusted friend or family member of Saul’s. After a few minutes of watching him with a nervous caution, the growling died down and she went still again. Tawny just wasn’t so sure about this whole ‘story telling’ thing anymore. "N-no...touch. Please."
WC: 221

Range retracted himself slowly, her stutter and voice bringing more information to his mind.
Poor girl. Maybe I can try and help her english? what if she doesn't want to learn....it's worth a try, worst that can happen is no.[/]
Range smiled again, his happy demeanor sweeping over him as he relaxed backwards allowing her more space to be relaxed.
Sorry.
He scanned her body for more scars, the minor one he just took as being normal battle scars so paid no heed.
I get....excited.
He made his hand shake kind of fast just in case she didn't understand the word excited. He stared at her eagerly with possibilities flying through his brain.
[i] Can I teach her? will she learn? what can I teach her? does she meditate? does she understand meditation? Does she know how to go into a zen state of mind? does she know what meditation is? What caan she do? What was she doing here? wandering? Searching? Hmm....

He stared at her his eyes gleaming in the sunlight, even through the light mist as the possibilities fly through his head.
"Why are you here?"
He stares intently almost to eager to wait for a reply, as more possibilities fly through his head his tail begins wagging.
WC:

The girl smiled at his gentle apology and response to her backing away and warnings, respecting her wishes without any further problems. Her body slowly relaxed back into the calm, tension free state that she had been in before, eyes drooping slightly once more. She had a feeling that this male wouldn't hurt her on purpose, but that didn't mean that she was just going to let him touch her when he wanted. Especially because she had just met him...the whole touch thing was going to be a big no for a long while.

A small nod was given when he made the gesture with his hand after stating something, she figured it was his giddy attitude, the need to learn and inspect. He was excited about meeting someone new and wanted to know all about her, which led to his unthinking actions. While Tawny wouldn't outright attack anyone, unless they were trying to hurt someone she loved, this young male wouldn't be so fortunate with others. She hoped that knew that. His excitement had better start calming down a little bit, else he'd be in trouble with someone bigger, badder, and a lot more mean than the young female.

His question was clear, as she'd been asked the same thing quite a few times by many people around the pack lands. She turned around and grabbed her shoulder pack, lifting it up and showing him proudly. The thing was constructed of vines and sticks, with some large, thick looking leaves woven in as well. It was clearly hand made and crude, but worked well. The inside was full of little things she had been collecting, little trinkets and such. Many pretty rocks, flowers, feather and leaves of course. "I am..." She frowned as her mind searched for the right word to describe her position and the things that she liked to do. "Um...I am m-maker?"
WC: 216

Range's smile had grown slightly as he looked at the bag.
"Oh, an artist of sorts!"
He completely forgot she may not understand the word artist as he feels his spirits rise in excitement.
His hands shoot out for the bad but stop a few inches away from it. He had remembered not to be so touchy-feely this time.
"May I see?"
He gestured towards the bag with a normal smile purposely calming himself down.
Oooh! Artsy stuff. I'm no good but I'd like to see some of her work. So she can't talk, but expressed herself through her small forms of art. This makes sense her way of getting it all out there! Pieces to the puzzle.
As he awaited her reply he tries to think about what else to say, his tongue stroking his inner cheek in thought before finally coming up with a choice.
"I am teacher?
He smiled once more happy with his choice in words.
I hope she asks me to learn, I'm so excited to start teaching my fellow pack members! It's gonna be great. Baby steps. She barely speaks English right now. hahahaha.
His demeanor finally calmed down completely. As he stared into her eyes finally awaiting a reply.
WC:

Tawny watched him as he looked at her bag, his face lighting up as he said something excitedly. The word "artist" was actually something that she recognized, having heard it before when associated with creating something. She grinned and pulled the pack away when he reached out, looking like he was about to grab it from her hands. Only when he hesitated and drew away a little bit did she settle it in his hands and pull away, allowing him to look it over freely.

When he was done looking at it, she took is back and set it on the ground, looking up at him and tilting her head. She wasn't so sure what 'teacher' meant, but he seemed pretty eager to help her learn things. It was obvious that Range was a patient individual when it came to learning, despite his excited demeanor. The young woman smiled at him and stretched out, leaning back on one arm and flexing her bandaged hand. It was starting to hurt a little bit, probably one of the cuts opened again. Sighing softly, she pulled the cloth away and licked at the wounds, lapping away the blood there, cleaning the scratches once more.
WC: 216

Range would rummage through the bag for a few minutes, admiring every little thing she had found as if it were gold. A chorus of oohs and Awes coming from the younger wolf as he was feeding his curiosity. He placed the bag back closer to her as a smaller smile cracked his face.
"Thank you Ta-wny!"
His words were almost childish when he spoke. as he leaned back again.
When he noticed she was licking her wounds his smile quickly grew to a frown.
Awhhh....the cut still isn't fully healed yet...that's no good....and I don't carry bandages either....dammit...
His bottom lip popped out as he made puppy dog eyes towards the wound.
"I really wish I could help with that but I don't carry the necessary supplies, I'm not often injured so the rare time I need help with scars."
He looked into her eyes with a mild sorrow to him as his hand crossed his own body showing there was no scars, his skin and fur unscathed.
"Maybe we should go back and get uncle Saul to bandage you up nice and pretty again?"
He smiled a large smile again shooting to his feet with excitement not even knowing her answer yet.
WC:

Tawny stopped licking her hand and watched the younger wolf with large eyes, wondering what the hell he was so excited about again. She smiled at him and scrambled backwards when he hopped up, shaking her head when he mentioned Saul and bandages. Motioning with her hands, she showed him as she wrapped the old cloth around her hand again, tucking the edge in securely. The blood was clotted again, thanks to her tongue cleaning out the wound, and there were no more red spots as she dropped her hands to her sides.

Reaching forward slowly, Tawny slid her little, mostly healed hand into his, curling her fingers and holding on. While she was obviously a bit older, her body was quite a bit smaller. Grinning, she tugged gently and scooped up her bag while walking carefully down the rocks, leading him towards the pool of water at the bottom. "Swim?" Wiggling with excitement, she settled her pack on a dry spot and walked into the cold water a few steps, shivering as the cold seeped past her fur. The waterfall was roaring loudly, nearly blocking out the sounds of her word and laughs as she let him go and hopped in.
WC: 268

Range blushed when tawny touched his hand, he was used to being the aggressor so this caught him off guard. His fur protected him from her seeing that he was blushing but his facial expression was a dead give away. His eyes had widened and he looked shocked. When she mentioned swimming he calmed down and wiped the stupid look off of his face.
I love swimming!
He thought to himself speech temporarily unavavilable. As she let go of his hand and made her way to the water he watched with a slight smile before coming to his senses.
you go too. Idiot.
He looked inside the water from his height as his mind began analyzing.
For how long this waterfall has been here if i just dive into the part where the water is falling I should be safe, the rocks will have been eroded in that spot.
The moment the thought was finished he jumped, his body taking off and slamming into the water right where he meant to. He forgot to factor in the water itself, as the force pushed him to the bottom. Luckily he had held his breath and began swimming.
This is peaceful...I should do this more often....Oh Yeah! Tawny!
As he made his way towards the surface of the water he made note of the few small fish that lived there.
Peace inside chaos.
He surfaced and inhaled making a slight gasping noise. His breathing then returned to normal and he looked up at Tawny.
"You coming?"
WC:

The young woman watched Range leap into the water, his body sinking under the rush of the waterfall quickly. Grinning, she waded in a bit further, balancing her small foot pads on the large mossy rocks. A few times she slipped and slid, but overall it was easy to keep balanced and not go flopping into the cold pool. When he surfaced, sputtering and gasping for breath, then asked if she was going to follow him...she jumped. Her little body made a small splash, sinking down under the water. Keeping her eyes opened, she scanned the bottom of the large pond, taking in the rocks, fish and plants.

After coming up for a big breath and a smile at Range, she dunked back under and swam towards the bottom, holding her breath tightly in her chest. Reaching down with her hands, she sank her fingers into the bottom and closed her fists together before shooting back up towards the top. Breaking through, she gasped as well and kicked towards the shore. Without using her hands, she somehow squirmed her body up onto dry ground and opened her hands, letting all of the stuff in her hands fall onto a mostly flat rock.

"Oooh!" Her body wriggled around in excitement, tail whipping back and forth quickly. Curling over, she got her face really close to the rock and scanned the pieces of smaller rocks, bones, and plants. Somehow she had collected quite a bit of pretty things in just two handfuls of silt from the bottom of the pond. Turning around, she waved her arms and called for Range in a broken voice, pointing down at her find and clapping her hands together.
WC: 265

He couldn't help but admire her through out her dive, his head dunking underwater and watching as she made her way to the bottom. His curiosity pulling at him he dove under water but makes it a short distance before seeing Tawny heading towards the surface. He followed back up and watched her do an awkward wiggle onto land.
What's this girl getting at? hahahaha.
When her hands empty out he gets a brief glimpse of what's going on, and begins to understand.
"Collecting Pretties?"
He smiled his big smile as she began calling towards him and clapping. He made his way closer as he slid out of the water, not to close as he didn't want to wash any of her treasure back into the pool. His fur was matted against his body now, he admired his athletic body. Because of his age he wasn't quite as big and strong as his uncle, but he knew he would get there. He looked at the pile of pretty that Tawny had brought up, his eyes sometimes shooting to the pile of pretty that is Tawny, but then back to the rocks.
"Any ideas what your going to make?"
He stared at the small pile, ideas running through his head. He had an artistic mind, but didn't have the patience to sit and do something for that long. If he wasn't meditating he needed to be in motion. Even sitting there looking at the treasure, his toes were curling and uncurling slowly in order to keep some sort of motion.
While looking down at the pile of jump, she poked at it with her fingers, separating her favorite rocks and objects from the others. There were a few colorful rocks of all different sizes, along with some fish bones and odd looking water plants. The most shocking thing, though, was the glint of silver at the bottom of the pile. Gasping, Tawny picked it up between to fingers and swished it around in the shallow water, rinsing the dirt and grime away. Upon pulling her hand back up, she could see that the silver was shaped in a circle, a ring of some sort.

Grinning, the small female slid the ring down over her smallest finger and wiggled her hand in Range's direction. There was a little section at the top of the ring that looked like it may have been broken, as if something was missing from it. Frowning, she reached out and grabbed a smaller rock in her free and and brought it up, grinding the top against the silver. Within moments the jagged edge on the metal was rubbed away, setting it back into a smooth, polished look.

"So pretty..." Her voice was soft and reverent as she stroked the ring for a few moments before diverting her attention back down to the rocks. Glancing up at the male, she looked at his eyes for a few moments, blinking. There were two pretty rocks that looked just like his bi-colored eyes! Smiling slowly, she picked up the rocks and nodded slowly, reaching out and showing him. "I m-make you a pretty, 'kay?"
WC: 265

He admired the ring before she made it look better, and applauded her craft to polish it up. His eyes all over it as his nose was inches from her hand, he often did this close look not because his eyesight was bad but he wanted the best look possible, to remember all the details.
"Very nice, lucky find."
He smirked as he looked at the treasure too, running some water over it to wipe away the dirt. He noticed the rocks too, but paid no heed as he never thought about his eyes.
String together the leaves, in a distinctive color pattern from dark to light to dark again. Make sure they are dry, only worn when at a fancy meeting of some sort.
His creative juices were flowing his eyes sparkling when she mentioned making him a trinket he smiled up at her.
"You'd do that for me Ta-wny?"
The words came out in his childish accent again as his tail was wagging with excitement. He brushed the fur on the top of his head back suddenly feeling the need to try and be presentable for her, at first he didn't understand why. then it dawned on him that he liked her which made him blush again, this time he saved himself the stupid look so she wouldn't know he was blushing.
"I'd be honored if you made me something I'd wear it or carry it everywhere."
His big stupid grin returned as he started a mild sway on spot, his excitement rising once more.
Tawny smiled and nodded at Range happily, rolling the rocks together in her hands slowly as she looked around in her bag for something. After finding a few lengths of string she'd taken from what looked to be an old flag, she turned back towards the male and made a soft growly noise in her throat. "Go swim!" Running forward, she gave him a gentle push on the shoulders, causing him to tip backwards into the water. Laughing, she walked away and perched herself up on a rock, watching him as she braided the strings together to make a thicker piece of twine.

The girl leaned back and continued working, smiling each time she heard a splash coming from the water below. Her fingers moved quickly, braiding the strings and twining the thin pieces of cloth around the two rocks. She spaced them about two inches apart and then made small knots on either side. Altogether the entire necklace was about two feet long, definitely long enough to fit around his neck and tie easily. When she was done, Tawny stood up and watched him swimming for a few moments, smiling softly. Her voice was loud and more confident as she called him this time, due to her calmness with him and the area.

"Range! Your p-pretty is done..." She held up the necklace and bounced on her toes, body seeming to twitch nervously, hoping that he liked his present.