Luperci Hands
so, this popped into my head and I've been actively thinking it over for a few days now and figured I'd ask. c:

When luperci change into optime, their paws become hands and their bodies seem to overall take on more human shapes, obviously. I was wondering, would they have palms similar to what we have? I've not noticed anyone depicting them with actual pads on their hands still, which is how I prefer to play it out anyway. Those pads would get in the way, haha.

So would they have very thin fur there? No fur, because that's where the pads were? Would you be able to see the lines/creases in the skin there because the fur is so thin or not present at all?
I always say they have pads on their hands and fingers. I think I actually asked Sie this once, and I think Sie/Kiri said that yes, they still have padded hands. All of Kiri's art of them have pads on them, too.
Was this answered on the board in detail anywhere? If so, I'd like to read it. Big Grin In that case, would they still have noticable cracks in the pads, then?

xD; I've never noticed that really, since most of the Kiri art seen are Kiritars with no hands, I was thinking of Alaine's art. c:
I don't think it's anywhere on the board, no. It might be on the Guide? Technically, you could play it however you wanted to, though I have seen them state that Luperci aren't capable of finer motor abilities like small stitches (surgical ones) due to the way their hands are made. They're different than human hands regardless of if they're padded or not.

But I do believe they are padded, and dog pads have cracks so Luperci pads would probably have them too.
I've always kind of envisioned them with sort of gorilla-style type hands if that makes sense, that the pads become like a normal palm but tough and leathery like pads would still be, like all the pads join together and thin slightly as if they've been stretched? That's probably not right, just how I picture it in my head.
Oh, I know that. c: I was more thinking of the palms specifically, because CdM has a fortune teller co-rank that is actually just a story teller co-rank, but it occurred to me that it could be used for its actual name, too, and I'd been pondering possible ways. Palm-reading was something I thought of alongside star-reading, tea leaves, etc.
I always figured they had pads cause the blue Luperci icon hands have pads. ^^
Yeah, I think that the cracks in the pads could be used in the same way a human palm is. I mean, I don't look at the pads on dog feet often, but I have to assume they're all unique or something like that. Even if there are a lot of them.
Have you considered things like entrail reading and tarot cards? They wouldn't require really fine delicate hand movements or reading cracks on palms? Just an idea Smile

I don't know if the cracks in dog pads are unique or not... so alas I'm not being much help *fails*
I'd thought of tarot cards too, but not entrail reading because I get squeamish sometimes, eheh. c: It was all just something I was thinking about too, since the co-rank existed before I took over the pack and I never knew how it was actually intended to be when the pack was created.
I've always played and drawn my luperci/anthros with padded hands although not the whole palm. If you keep the pads in place with the bones as the anatomy shifts. They would have pads on the ends of their fingers and the main pad, imo, would be at the base of their fingers (Ive also taken to putting a second pad at the base of the thumb and along the heel of the hand). I think many canines also have a small pad at their 'wrist' on their forelegs. I'll link some drawings for example when I get home, if I got em, if not my scanner is still boxed up and won't work with hubbies pc for whatever reason. Freezes Everytime it tries to install the drivers x.x
They have padded hands, though they are not as cushy as they are in Lupus form.

I have actually been meaning to draw a diagram of Luperci hands/feet shifting between Lupus and Optime. I will try to get around to it faster. <3
I am digging this topic back up to tell you I made good on drawing that damn diagram. U_U
Kiri that is awesome.
QUOTE (Ezekiel de le Poer @ Oct 20 2011, 11:33 PM)
Kiri that is awesome. [/quote]
This
I love the diagram. ;D Now I don't have to imagine anymore..
i appreciate this because apparently i've been drawing their hands wrong Tongue
This is epic Big Grin
Oh, cool!
Very neat!