[open] Rebirth of Karate
OOC: I got bored and wanted to start this today, but I'm dating it on August 9th, 2011.

WC: 335

Range had been in the library all morning researching books on meditation for more various forms. He cam across a book that really caught his attention.
"Karate-do: My way of life" by Gichin Funakoshi...
He passed by it but couldn't stop thinking. After a few minutes he finally decided to pick it up. Pacing over to a table he laid himself down on it and began to read his new interest. He laid there for hours reading away, the three hundred pages seeming miniscule.
I can have the best of both worlds...Karate can be meditation in motion! Oh my!
He studied the pages showing stance, strikes, and throws his eyes wide in amazement. He took the stance as the book mentioned, this was the easy part and he had it almost perfect first try.
The library is no place for karate...
He grabbed the book and took off running, seconds later he was outdoors again with the sun beating off of him. His energy levels seeming to feed off of the solar rays. He took the stance again, staring at the book. He tweaked whatever was missing. His foot sliding an extra few inches for balance. He threw the first punch, and it was terrible. Staring down at the page he knew this would take time. he studied every word as if it were law, and threw another punch, terrible. He was disheartened slightly before determination took over.
This is worth pursuing! i can do this!
He began throwing the punch again and again, each time improving slightly. but this was at a slow speed so he could get the form right. When he added speed the form was lost. he sank his toes into the dirt in a mild angry twitch as he slowed himself down once more. His breathing slowed too remembering this was also a form of meditation, his eyes closed as he kept only throwing that one punch. The basics were essential.
[html]

She had been trying to get out of Cerne Rise more and more. Wretch wanted to explore the packlands, but she was stuck to the city as long as her chair confined her. The girl longed for the day when she would be able to walk upright once more; her wheelchair made it so that she was only able to get to places that were within Trenton and the surrounding suburbs because of the way that the wheels were. The rubber wheels were thin and narrow, only suitable for the smooth and sometimes cobblestoned streets that lined their city. She'd been in the chair for around a week and was learning the ins and outs of it. It was more complicated than it looked, to work the chair correctly; sometimes she messed up and ran into things.

The hybrid was on her way back from an excursion to the West side of the city. She had looked into some of the shops and had found a few items that had been to her liking. Bracelets adorned the girl's thin wrists, now, slim pieces of silver that clinked together as she moved her arms to push her wheelchair's wheels. She was caught up in the rhythm of it all, the clinking and motion of rolling herself, and didn't notice Range's practicing as she passed.

It was only after she had nearly left the area that she decided to take a break and look around. Movement in the very edge of her vision caused the young adult to turn her head completely, blue eyes gazing back behind her. Who was that? She turned her chair slightly so she could get a better look, unsure. She had seen Range once or twice before, back before she had broken her leg...he'd helped fix up one of the rooms in Cerne Rise and she'd spotted him at the pack ceremony and celebration. His father Gideon was a nice wolf, Wretch's father Saul's brother. So they were...cousins, of sorts? Wretch continued to watch him practice, interested.

<style>
.wretchroad .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.wretchroad p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.wretchroad b {color:#A2152C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.wretchroad { background-color:#C37400; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mwRV1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.wretchroad .inner {margin:140px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.5; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]
WC: 238

Range must have thrown the punch a hundred times. He had been standing there progressively getting faster with the technique. His sight had gone completely into zen mode, all he saw was outlines and aura's. He looked to the book, the words glowing gold off of white pages as he read on and reviewed the imagery for the next step a second punch in the mixed. His eyes too caught the glow off to his side. The glow of a pack member it was an odd pinkish color. One most pack members had. He looked over as his vision began returning to normal having been brought out of his trance. He decided it was well past break time having brought that punch up to a proper form. He began a slow walk towards the wheel-chaired brethren. His mind still shaking off the effects he seemed to have a swagger about him for some reason as he approached the wolf.
"Hello Wretch, how are you today?"
The name somehow came to him even though he didn't remember them ever being properly introduced. The zen effects fully wore off and he returned to his jumpy-energetic self. He began bouncing on his toes now as a smile was back on his face once more.
I'm gonna have to inquire about that leg, it doesn't look too pleasant. Ouchies.
He was thinking to himself while awaiting the reply.
[html]

She appreciated the fact that Saul had so many family members in the pack. While she was normally quite the shy, reserved lady, Wretch occasionally liked to get out and be around others. Family wasn't as bad, either; she could interact with them without some of her normal fears. The girl was very afraid that she would somehow do something wrong that would make others dislike her, though she hadn't realized the roots behind that. She felt like an oddball already with her chair...but since Range was a part of the family she would sit and speak with him for a bit.

"I'm ok. I got some bracelets...see?" She held up her wrist, letting them jangle together. "Probably not the best if I'm going to try to hunt...but I can't hunt until I get out of this chair anyway, and they're pretty" She really did like them a lot, especially now that she got to show them to someone else. "What was it that you were doing, Range?" She asked, recalling the movements that he had been previously making. "Looked interesting" The girl smiled a bit, not wanting to seem standoffish around her family member.

<style>
.wretchroad .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.wretchroad p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.wretchroad b {color:#A2152C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.wretchroad { background-color:#C37400; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mwRV1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.wretchroad .inner {margin:140px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.5; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]