Put me to Rest
[html]

OOC: Ok so I originally was going to join Salsola but after discussing some OOCly with various people it was decided that my presence would be best needed in Aniwaya. Here was the SL joining post http://soulsrpg.com/ipb/viewtopic.php?t=19930. To leader: if you want a little bit more info then pm me.

The spirits were angry with her. She had called upon their name and they were punishing her now. She had played with fate and they had broken her. Not but a day ago she had been sent out from Salsola’s borders by the golden coy-wolf who had met her there. Her knowledge had frightened the Salsola female into banishing her from the land. She had been careless with her power, she had been too demanding of the spirits and she had not listened to them. Ashamed, she had ridden her stallion nearly to the breaking point, now he walked behind her rasping and sweating.They had run from the place that she had failed at. Now she once again was nearing the sea and her bones ached from the hard journey.

Zera could smell the scent of many wolves around her and she stopped to rest for a moment. Korosk, her stallion, was so exhausted that he laid his large body down beside her, she put a hand on his hot forehead, “Don’t lie for too long my friend, it could be the death of you.” he huffed in reply. The collie Shaman sat there for a moment, the wind rustling in the dark trees above. She swiveled her ears slowly and listened carefully with her inner eye. Then she heard it, a whispering; “This place… it is a pack called Aniwaya and the spirits are stirring. Perhaps it is here we are meant to rest.” Zera’im closed her eyes and nodded slowly, but this time she would be certain. She had called out the sky spirit Luna’s name back by Salsola, and now she would make amends for her transgression.

Quickly she reached into the saddlebags attached to her tired stallion and removed various objects; an incense burner, crystals, and a raccoon skull. She placed these items in a circle in front of her and then traced a design in the dirt intertwining them. She lit the incense and its sickly sweet smoke rose into the air around her. She retrieved a black, leather-bound book from her satchel and flipped through its worn pages for a moment before finding what she was looking for. She took a breath and closed her eyes; “When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; Amen. Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light. Amen. Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon…” Zera’im crossed herself, then waved her hand to spread the smoke before raising her arms, “Amen. she crossed herself once more and then laid her arms across the knees of her crossed legs and closed her eyes to meditate. If the spirits hand ordained her to come to Aniwaya, then she would let them whisper to her what would come next.

WC::480

<style>
.natsdb1-a01 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.natsdb1-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.natsdb1-a01 b {color:#777788; letter-spacing:-.2px;text-shadow:#223333 0px 0px 5px;}
.natsdb1-a01 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/9WsMT.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; border:1px solid #666666; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7788aa; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
.natsdb1-a01-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #dddddd; margin:0px auto; }
.natsdb1-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #223333; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
He rarely moved away from the safety of the Town Hall. Yet recent events left him restless, and he could not help but wonder at where the tribe was going. Ironically, though he did not know it, the Councilman chose the very same way of distancing himself from the burderns of leadership as the criminal "Chief" had chosen; walking. However where Dawali had patrolled, Maska saw no need; there were plenty of Guardians around to do that. No, he strolled and took in the sights of his newly acquired home, satisfied with its position. Clearly, Ayegali had had her wits about her when she chose this land, for it was magnifiscent.

He strolled leisurely until he noticed scents and smells he was not accustomed to, and they drew him to them. They smelled like no wolf, but something strange. For a moment he thought to call a Guardian or ignore the scents, but it enticed him and he could not stop himself. Soon, he walked in itns direction, straying from the path, and not paying much attention to the changing landscapes around him. Only when the vegetaion gave way to field and he could see the border marked by a fence he had crossed moons ago, did he understand that it must be a wolf that was the source, after all - albeit indirectly. The smokes from her burning objects did not lessen his curiosity, and the sickly male drew his large cloak around him as he approached her. Though curious, however, he was not a silly leader, like that former Chief of theirs. This stranger had better have a good reason for camping so close to their borders. "Stranger, you see the leader of this tribe before you. State your business," he commanded gruffly, though all the while staring at the burning, scented thing. It reminded him of the oils the Elder Priests used, back in the Great Tribe.
[html]

OOC

Once again she could sense the approach of the wolf before he actually appeared. This one was much different from the one the night before; a male wolf, draped in a cloak. As he approached Zera’im opened her evil eye to gaze upon him, but then after a moment opened both. This one was strong, he held himself with dignity; he was a leader, he would not be afraid of her. When the male got closer Zera stood, her Shaman cloak hiding all but her head and neck, and the two long braids falling down the front of it. Then she saw it, the Sign! Two crescent moons adorned the face of this wolf and she knew it was a sign of forgiveness of Luna, the moon spirit. She had done right by giving praise to the Great Spirit for Luna and all was right again.

Zera’im bowed low to the ground after he spoke, giving the utmost submission. “Great leader, I have come here ordained by the spirits to seek out refuge within your lands. It is with great humility that I ask this of you and if this request be granted I can offer what little of the truth the spirits of the earth and The Great Spirit have bestowed upon me.” she lifted herself from her bow to look upon him once more.

She noticed his gaze upon her incense and hoped she had not offended him. She had not known that someone would be upon her so quickly and had assumed that her meditation would be over by the time she would be found. But Luna had dealt one more punishment upon her it seemed, one filled with both a curse and a blessing. Zera’im was humbled by the spirits once more and hoped now that she would not bring shame upon them again.

WC:308

<style>
.natsdb1-a01 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.natsdb1-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.natsdb1-a01 b {color:#777788; letter-spacing:-.2px;text-shadow:#223333 0px 0px 5px;}
.natsdb1-a01 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/9WsMT.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; border:1px solid #666666; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7788aa; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
.natsdb1-a01-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #dddddd; margin:0px auto; }
.natsdb1-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #223333; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]